'Gay' billboard brews controversy

'Gay' billboard brews controversy

There are 15 comments on the Taranaki Daily News story from Apr 28, 2013, titled 'Gay' billboard brews controversy. In it, Taranaki Daily News reports that:

Tui's Facebook page has received comments about the advertisement since April 24, with some saying it is ''homophobic'', ''disgusting'' and ''offensive''. ''I have always had a good giggle at your billboards as I drive down the Hutt motorway each morning, but I am pretty disgusted by the one I saw yesterday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Taranaki Daily News.

Real Men Do Not Tui

Alpharetta, GA

#1 Apr 28, 2013
So
Suddenly we discover Tui is brewed by homophobic cavemen
Hold it up to the light
Is it safe?
Henry

United States

#2 Apr 28, 2013
I don't think it's offensive. It's merely pointing out how sick this world has become.

Dad's new "husband".
Real Men Do Not Tui

Alpharetta, GA

#3 Apr 28, 2013
Henry wrote:
I don't think it's offensive. It's merely pointing out how sick this world has become.
Dad's new "husband".
Now we know why your husband left you; sugar
'attitude'

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

#4 Apr 28, 2013
Henry wrote:
Dad's new "husband".
Yeah, what is really upsetting is people posting on Topix under many names and refusing to register. Can YOU imagine such behavior?

Palm Springs, California

#5 Apr 28, 2013
Real Men Do Not Tui wrote:
So
Suddenly we discover Tui is brewed by homophobic cavemen
Hold it up to the light
Is it safe?
I'm thinking they may have been going for irony and their joke was too subtle, sort of like FaFoxy's "jokes" that only amuse him.

I don't know the circumstances but don't find it offensive. In fact, it is trying to normalize gay events.

Have you seen the commercial for one of those reading tablets?

A lovely woman and handsome guy are side by side at some tropical resort. He can't read his Kindle, but wants one like hers and even does some soft flirting with her.
she points out her husband to stop him, but he points out HIS husband who is next to hers. They both wave and both husbands wave back.

I cannot believe that the million moms haven't had a collective coronary over it yet.

Palm Springs, California

#6 Apr 28, 2013
Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, what is really upsetting is people posting on Topix under many names and refusing to register. Can YOU imagine such behavior?
Oopsie, I hit a nerve!

Palm Springs, California

#7 Apr 28, 2013
Henry wrote:
Dad's new "husband".
One good thing about signing in under many names, you can plaster your OWN crabby postings with smiley face icons. How convenient.
Mathematica

Chicago, IL

#8 Apr 28, 2013
Good for this company.

The homosexual trick is to go on and on about their "husband," but what are they--they are also the "husband!!!"

Smoke and mirrors--it's homosexual squared.

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#9 Apr 28, 2013
Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>I'm thinking they may have been going for irony and their joke was too subtle, sort of like FaFoxy's "jokes" that only amuse him.
I don't know the circumstances but don't find it offensive. In fact, it is trying to normalize gay events.
Have you seen the commercial for one of those reading tablets?
A lovely woman and handsome guy are side by side at some tropical resort. He can't read his Kindle, but wants one like hers and even does some soft flirting with her.
she points out her husband to stop him, but he points out HIS husband who is next to hers. They both wave and both husbands wave back.
I cannot believe that the million moms haven't had a collective coronary over it yet.
I think the billboard is amusing. Yes, it appeals to my sens eof humor.(kinda like "Madisoy". ROFL !:))

Since: Jul 09

Indy/Philly/Toronto

#10 Apr 28, 2013
Some people would rather watch two men kill each other than kiss.
It's a sick world out there.
Maurice

United States

#12 Apr 28, 2013
Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>I'm thinking they may have been going for irony and their joke was too subtle, sort of like FaFoxy's "jokes" that only amuse him.
The Foxy Dude has a delightful sense of humor (always fair and balanced two) you however are an obnoxious, uppity queer!!!

Remember, you heard it hear first.

Palm Springs, California

#14 Apr 29, 2013
Maurice wrote:
<quoted text>The Foxy Dude has a delightful sense of humor (always fair and balanced two) you however are an obnoxious, uppity queer!!!
Remember, you heard it hear first.
Morning LIAR. Hope you had a lovely night of lies.

Coward.

Palm Springs, California

#16 Apr 29, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>

death threat "joke"...
Reported.
Morris

White Oak, TX

#17 Apr 29, 2013
Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>Reported.
You should strive to be a neat gay like the Foxy Dude.

Palm Springs, California

#18 Apr 29, 2013
Morris wrote:
<quoted text> You should strive to be a neat gay like the Foxy Dude.
You should strive to stop lying, coward.

If you would pick one name, register, and act like a human and not feel the need to lie round the clock, I would communicate with you respectfully, yet you choose to lie and make up fake cities and fake names for some reason. What do you get out of it?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 2 min cpeter1313 10,048
News Judge rejects couple's argument for refusing ga... 47 min Get Real 98
News Same-sex marriage protesters clash - exchange v... 1 hr Hector 1
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 1 hr Facts Matter 56,100
News 'Christian Militant' Hopes More Police Officers... 1 hr Hector 6
Nebraska Morning News 1 hr Hector 2
News Senate hopeful Roy Moore: gay sex is the 'same ... 2 hr EdmondWA 34
News Gay teen against same-sex marriage heckled at u... 2 hr EdmondWA 56
More from around the web