Cumulus Media Threatening To End Limb...

Cumulus Media Threatening To End Limbaugh, Hannity Contracts

There are 12 comments on the lezgetreal.com story from Jul 28, 2013, titled Cumulus Media Threatening To End Limbaugh, Hannity Contracts. In it, lezgetreal.com reports that:

Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity could be coming off the air soon as Cumulus Media is considering ending their contracts by year's end.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at lezgetreal.com.

Chance

Grove City, PA

#1 Jul 28, 2013
Obviously we live in a nation of idiots.
desnuda

Knoxville, TN

#2 Jul 28, 2013
Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity have a large and devoted audience.

Since: Apr 08

Perth Road, Canada

#3 Jul 29, 2013
The drug-addled blowhard might have followers, but he drives away advertisers and is therefore a serious liability. Hannity is no better. Cumulus is a business so of course they want to improve their bottom line.

Good riddance to bad rubbish.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#4 Jul 29, 2013
Cumulus has a number of other conservative talking heads on their roster, so it isn't like they are trying to silence any one side of a debate. They are a business that has experienced a significant ad revenue decline for their talk radio broadcasts and Limbaugh and Hannity carry the highest price tags to air, so what better way to save money with both their contracts up for renewal?
Vince

Scottsdale, AZ

#5 Jul 29, 2013
I'm with our Canadian friend, Good riddance. Both of these blowhards are nothing more than fear mongers that will say and do anything that will get them more power and money.

If it was profitable for them they would even say that Christ and Mohammed were gay. Just send me the money. That's what it's all about

“What Goes Around, Comes Around”

Since: Mar 07

Kansas City, MO.

#6 Jul 29, 2013
Gay And Proud wrote:
The drug-addled blowhard might have followers, but he drives away advertisers and is therefore a serious liability. Hannity is no better. Cumulus is a business so of course they want to improve their bottom line.
Good riddance to bad rubbish.
Now, if Missouri could get rid of the Limbaugh bust in the capitol bldg. it would be a win-win! The Rep. claimed he was a statesman. Really? They even have a security camera on it.LOL

Since: Apr 08

Perth Road, Canada

#7 Jul 29, 2013
Imprtnrd wrote:
<quoted text>Now, if Missouri could get rid of the Limbaugh bust in the capitol bldg. it would be a win-win! The Rep. claimed he was a statesman. Really? They even have a security camera on it.LOL
They probably anticipated regular graffiti and stuff like that. Reaping what they've sown.
Rose Feratu

Hoboken, NJ

#9 Jul 29, 2013
Chance wrote:
If you leave, there'll be one less.

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

#10 Jul 29, 2013
Chance wrote:
Have you ever listened to their shows? They are so one sided and boring. Everything isn't black or white but they think so, or pretend to think so. If they had some controversy, but all they do is just pour out anger and fear. I read recently that Limbaugh's audience is on average sixty seven years old. That ain't what they call a great happening demographic. I don't know about Hannity, but I am sure it is similar.

If their ratings are dropping, a business would be stupid to pour money into their advertising on their shows, unless you can come up with new hoards of elderly. So, unless there is a huge audience for Depends, and denture cream, or Life Alert, I don't see any other sponsor buying air time.

"I've fallen and I can't get up, but I can still hear Rush!" (NOT the rock group, btw.)
wtf

South San Francisco, CA

#11 Jul 29, 2013
gays are commie, hypocritical nazis..they only play the constitution card if it advances their agenda..they dont believe it applies to everyone.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#14 Jul 29, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
Cumulus has a number of other conservative talking heads on their roster, so it isn't like they are trying to silence any one side of a debate. They are a business that has experienced a significant ad revenue decline for their talk radio broadcasts and Limbaugh and Hannity carry the highest price tags to air, so what better way to save money with both their contracts up for renewal?
Exactly.

“=”

Since: Oct 07

Appleton WI

#16 Jul 30, 2013
Can they take Bill O'Reilly with them too? Oh that's right... he and Limbaugh don't play well together because they're both childish hotheads.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 6 min River Tam 13,165
News Meet the Two Transgender Women Who Won Primary ... 24 min BBM 13
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 38 min tbird19482 37,408
The gay cafe for GLBT, friends and family (Oct '09) 59 min BBM 68,798
News Sanders: Don't blame Islam for Orlando shooting 1 hr ImFree2Choose 941
News UN body creates post on sexual orientation, gen... 1 hr BBM 1
At what age were you born queer? 1 hr Homo Hank 7
News Obama: Notion that being armed would have saved... 4 hr WasteWater 991
More from around the web