Vatican hits back at UN committee for abuse report

Full story: Evening Sun

The Vatican struck back Friday at a U.N. human rights committee that issued a scathing report on sex abuse by priests, accusing it of straying beyond its mandate and discrediting the U.N. as a whole by adopting the "prejudiced" positions of anti-Catholic advocacy groups.
Comments
1 - 14 of 14 Comments Last updated Feb 10, 2014
really big

Corryton, TN

#1 Feb 8, 2014
Everyone knows that it's only the GAY priests who are molesting little boys. Normal men don't do that.
really big

Knoxville, TN

#2 Feb 9, 2014
Why do Gay priests molest little boys?
QUITTNER

Pickering, Canada

#3 Feb 9, 2014
Sunday, February 9, 2014:
RE: Vatican hits back at UN committee for abuse report
..... Maybe being a priest provides little boys for those who want to molest them. Maybe that's why they wanted to get to be priests? What would Jesus say about that?

“Equality marches on! ”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#4 Feb 9, 2014
really big wrote:
Everyone knows that it's only the GAY priests who are molesting little boys. Normal men don't do that.
So normal men molest little girls? Just using your logic(schtick), "really small1".
Pierre

Anonymous Proxy

#5 Feb 9, 2014
really big wrote:
Anyone with any common sense surely knows that. Liberals not so much.
Pierre

Anonymous Proxy

#6 Feb 9, 2014
NE Jade wrote:
<quoted text>So normal men molest little girls? Just using your logic(schtick), "really small1".
No, heterosexual pedophiles do. Homosexual pedophiles molest boys (i.e. homosexual priests).

Should I explain further or does you stupidity make that a waste of my time?
Sven

Switzerland

#7 Feb 9, 2014
Pierre wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyone with any common sense surely knows that. Liberals not so much.
Spot on!

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#8 Feb 9, 2014
fr "Sven":

>Spot on!<

You REALLY need to quit answering yourself. Nobody's fooled by this, except YOU.

“Equality marches on! ”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#9 Feb 9, 2014
Reallybig/Pierre/Sven, you have had the difference between homosexuals and pedophiles explained to you hundreds of times over the six plus years you have been obsessing on the gay threads. Your pathetic stubbornness to accept reality is amazing. It is no wonder Topix has become your life.

Sol

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#10 Feb 9, 2014
has anybody seen a link to the UN report?
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#11 Feb 9, 2014
....The abuses were bad enough, what was worse were the bishops/priests who covered up these crimes many went on for years and they did nothing. It was always the victims and their families who called 9-1-1.
....The only reason the church is now addressing these issues is because the number of cases became so overwhelming, they couldn't cover them up anymore.

Sol

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#12 Feb 9, 2014
faithless

Croydon, Australia

#13 Feb 9, 2014
really big wrote:
It isn't gay priests who are molesting little boys, it is paedophile priests. That is why they go into the priesthood in the first place. Free board and lodging and all the little boys they can get their slimey hands on. This is the essence of the Whore of Babylon (Catholic) church.

The Vatican have always hated the truth. That's why they go to such lengths to suppress it. The Vatican is the mafia's bank.
from Maine

Hulls Cove, ME

#14 Feb 10, 2014
Why is the Catholic Church so hated? You, out there, look to your own hearts....paedophile priests are to be pitied...they must be so empty inside....so put hate aside and pray for those so afflicted and be happy you are not one of them.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Legislature Says No to "Gay Panic" Defense 7 min eJohn 42
Chattanooga voters repeal civil rights for LGBT... 11 min NorCal Native 41
The gay cafe for GLBT, friends and family (Oct '09) 15 min DebraE 67,947
Tulsa Couple Asks U.S. Supreme Court To Hear Ga... 19 min eJohn 19
Supreme Court: Was gay marriage settled in 1972... 31 min Frankie Rizzo 490
Gay Marriage Vs. the First Amendment 39 min Hitek Rednek 368
Which QUEER is the BIGGEST AZZHOLE? 46 min Mikey 0
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 52 min anonymous 54,831
Judge critical of states defending gay marriage... 2 hr WeTheSheeple 53
•••