Non-Sexualized Boy Scouts Alternative...

Non-Sexualized Boy Scouts Alternative Launched

There are 97 comments on the www.catholic.org story from Jul 15, 2013, titled Non-Sexualized Boy Scouts Alternative Launched. In it, www.catholic.org reports that:

Our mission is simple and clear: to guide generations of courageous young men to honor God, lead with integrity, serve others, and experience outdoor adventure

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.catholic.org.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
YoMaMa

Alpharetta, GA

#96 Jul 28, 2013
BB board wrote:
<quoted text>WRONG!!!!!!!!!! Straight male pedos molest girls. Gay male pedos molest boys. Stop telling lies.
As long as you continue looking for the wrong crooks; the pedos will continue to get their jollies without getting caught
You're helping the crooks; not stopping them
Pedophilia is domination and submission of prepubital children; a subset of BDSM kink; 'not' LGBT
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BDSM

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark Ohio

#98 Jul 28, 2013
I just posted a comment on the www.catholic.org website like I did with FreeRepublic. It's awaiting approval. Bet it doesn't pass muster.

Here's basically what I wrote:

Looks like the RCC has found a "Get Out of Hell Free" card when it comes to Matt. 25:31-46.

And now the Pope is offering to sneak anyone past St. Peter who follows his twitter account.

Thing is he hasn't said how much he'll charge them for the Papal indulgence they bought..

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#99 Jul 28, 2013
The AssTroll Stopper wrote:
<quoted text>
You Queers seem to take a different lifetime as today's set of values. Anything to use as a smoke screen.
Well at least you decided to stick to one screen name for now BUTTPLUG!

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#100 Jul 28, 2013
BB board wrote:
Good you, Harold. Your kids will thank you!<quoted text>
Yp Circle jerks with ONLY straight guys. Just like you and Daddy did!

LMAO

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#101 Jul 28, 2013
Porter wrote:
<quoted text> Very credible and factual information, thanks for sharing.
To paraphrase the words of Hulk Hogan "whatcha gonna do when Judge -O -mania runs wild on you?”

Matthew 25:31-46
The Sheep and the Goats
31 “When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his glorious throne. 32 All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33 He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.
34 “Then the King will say to those on his right,‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’
37 “Then the righteous will answer him,‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’
40 “The King will reply,‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’
41 “Then he will say to those on his left,‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’
44 “They also will answer,‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’
45 “He will reply,‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’
46 “Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.”

Good luck finding a "Get Out Of Hell Free" card.

But now the new Pope is offering to sneak people past that velvet Rope and St. Peter. All you have to do is sign on to the Pope's twitter account. Just be careful. They haven't told anyone how much they have to pay to get this Papal Indulgence.
JTThrasher

Lynchburg, VA

#112 Aug 20, 2013
I have lived near the gay community in DC when I was a street kid. The number of chickenhawks (pedos) is astounding. The tolerance (there is that word again) for such behavior is not just present, but proliferates. House boys are something that the queers take pride in, which are usually young guys who have nowhere to go or no job skills, but fulfill the role as sex object for shelter and food.

Anytime I hear small town people trying to endorse homosexuality as normal and right, because they either have a homo friend, are homos, or are brainwashed by PC B.S. I have to laugh. I have seen and worked among gays and they endorse sex with young people under the guise of recruiting and defending their rights to come out, in a quest to normalize their behavior. They argue from two sides, one being "it's a choice" and the other being "I was born this way" depending on who you talk to.
If it is a choice it is a bad one. If you were born that way it is a genetic anomaly and should not be forced on the rest of society.

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#113 Aug 20, 2013
JTThrasher wrote:
I have lived near the gay community in DC when I was a street kid. The number of chickenhawks (pedos) is astounding......
I've never seen a "gay community". Most of us live in the same communities everyone else lives in. And those gay kids in scouts have never lived in such communities either.

Don't you think that stigmatizing gay children, and trying to drive them out of society, might help to create the anti-social behaviors in them that you are complaining about?

Isn't it better for gay and straight kids to be treated the same, with the same responsibilities and expectations?

Location hidden

#114 Aug 20, 2013
JTThrasher wrote:
Anytime I hear small town people trying to endorse homosexuality as normal and right, because they either have a homo friend, are homos, or are brainwashed by PC B.S. I have to laugh........
Hasn't it occurred to you that the reason they know being gay is normal for some folks is BECAUSE they have a normal gay friend or family member? It's not like we are raised in the woods, you know, or dropped from another planet.

We are raised by people like you, including those "small town" folks. And we tend to share the same values that we were raised with, when those values are solid and good.

It's not like we choose to be attracted only to the same gender, or can change it. What we can do, and will do, is live full and productive lives in the community, and we will work to ensure that each child, gay or straight, has that same opportunity.

Don't promote isolating and stigmatizing gay kids, and then complain that the ones who were isolated and stigmatized behave in ways you don't like. There is no sense in that at all.
JTThrasher

Lynchburg, VA

#116 Aug 20, 2013
The gay community in DC is centered around Dupont Circle. Derogatorily known as the Fruit Loop. You ignored every true experience I pointed out, opting instead to deny a gay community and then turn around and claim to speak for them, on the basis that any bad behavior that I do not like is my fault. Typical shift from personal responsibility to blame.

I was a street kid. I know the truth. I know how chicken hawks try to come at you with drugs and money. I know how many times me and my friends would be hit on by older gay men. I was friends with prostitutes who taught me how to live on the streets. I used to be liberal towards homosexuals. They taught me not to be. I have seen street parades where perversion is celebrated and traffic is intentionally stopped by flamboyant men who desired nothing more than to flaunt their sexuality in the face of normal working folks trying to get home. See, I was there.

I have witnessed the recruiting methods, including a young man who was so drunk that his adult companion called the kids parents and laughed at them on the phone while telling them that the kid was with him now and wouldn't be coming home that night. Yeah. You aren't going to change my mind, and as a decent person I am obligated to tell the truth.

Does that mean I think all gay people are bad? No. I do not. But like most who belong to that group they do not understand that we cannot validate them until they clean their own houses of the flamboyant queens and predators. If they refuse and instead opt to defend the whole when so much is cancerous, then they have chosen sides.
JTThrasher

Lynchburg, VA

#117 Aug 20, 2013
and also..I believe in freedom of association. No group should be forced to accept members they do not want. That includes all groups, orientations, etc. The militancy to force groups to change their views, such as Liberty or the Boy Scouts, is a sham. Start your own groups.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#119 Aug 20, 2013
Sweetie, most of us readily admit that being gay doesn't automatically qualify someone as being a good person, but you need to grasp the reality that being gay doesn't automatically disqualify someone as being a good person either. If I were to pass judgment on all heterosexuals on the basis of you, the conclusion would be small-minded, prejudiced, bigoted and mean-spirited. Judge us by the content of our character and not that of some random drunk on the streets.
JTThrasher wrote:
and also..I believe in freedom of association. No group should be forced to accept members they do not want. That includes all groups, orientations, etc. The militancy to force groups to change their views, such as Liberty or the Boy Scouts, is a sham. Start your own groups.
And as long as they aren't doing that thanks largely to taxpayer subsidy, there is really no problem aside from the inevitable grumblings of those on the outside. The government cannot force the BSA to admit gay members or allow for lesbian and gay adult volunteers, they can however cut off their access to the public teat. The BSA saw the handwriting on the wall and capitulated to doing the right thing here gay teenagers need good role models too.

Location hidden

#120 Aug 20, 2013
JTThrasher wrote:
The gay community in DC is centered around Dupont Circle. Derogatorily known as the Fruit Loop. You ignored every true experience I pointed out, opting instead to deny a gay community and then turn around and claim to speak for them, on the basis that any bad behavior that I do not like is my fault. Typical shift from personal responsibility to blame.
I was a street kid. I know the truth. I know how chicken hawks try to come at you with drugs and money...
I didn't deny a thing. I just pointed out that the VAST majority of gay people do not live in "gay communities" and are certainly not on the prowl to harm children.

So, you are still saying that gay children all live in gay communities and are "chicken hawks"? Because that's what this is about. Kids who discover they are gay, and whether or not they can be a scout after that discovery.

And do you really believe in collective guilt?

Are you saying that all gay people are of that predatory sort, because some are? If you believe that, do you shoulder ALL the blame for every underage pregnancy started by a heterosexual male? The stats for that are appalling.

Location hidden

#121 Aug 20, 2013
JTThrasher wrote:
And the scouts were not forced to treat gay children well.

But no pubic dollars should be spent on a group that marginalizes gay children, and no business should be forced to contribute to it.

The scouts saw their revenue drying up, and acted accordingly.
JTThrasher

Lynchburg, VA

#122 Aug 20, 2013
No. this is about a group with certain ideals enforcing them. It is the parents job to endorse the child's lifestyle if they so choose, not the scouts. As to the public money issue, if we all had a say where our tax dollars went then things would be different for both sides of the political spectrum. It is about openly gay kids and gay scout leaders. Sex shouldn't play a role but homosexuals insist on it and that we should tolerate it. Even here, someone talks about a "non-SEXUALIZED" gathering and you can't stand it. You wanna force it on others. Your little minority issue has to be swallowed by the masses.
And then the name calling begins. I disagree with you and do not want your influence in my child's life so I am bigoted and hateful, small-minded, blahblah. Nope. I love my child. And if he ever turned out to be gay I would still love him, assuming he didn't go full on queen, then even though I would disagree with his decisions I would still be there and be his dad. I would still expect him to act like a man, like the openly gay critic of the gay community Jack Donovan does. However, I wouldn't want some gay kid hitting on my son at a scout meeting, or having some militant trying to indoctrinate him like the community is notorious for.
I also said, "Does that mean I think all gay people are bad? No. I do not." but you ignored that to bolster your views of me because I disagree with you and know enough about what happens when gays do live in communities in major cities where support is plenty. It still isn't enough. They still shove it down our throats.
You say you want to be considered a human first, but the first thing you introduce is that you are gay and that we have to accept it.
No. We don't. Life is like that. Many different groups, many different beliefs, many different lifestyles. I do not have to validate you to be a whole person, no matter what you think. My problem is you seem to need that validation to become one,or you wouldn't be bothering people who want to be left alone with their own moral compasses.
And calling a straight male "sweetie" who obviously doesn't support your lifestyle is at the least bad PR.
I never said that my view was based on a few drunks. My view is based on many people in various socio-economic backgrounds and ages and how the large community in one city, DC, operates. If it were a few I would write it off as just a couple of jerks.
In California there are pictures of gay parades where men are going down on each other and urinating on each other in public, while groups of gay men watch, and while children are present. That is an area where homosexuals dominate whole neighborhoods and displays what they do when they have power through numbers. If the homosexuals really wanted to stop this they could. Instead they cheer it on.

These kids the community is so worried about are now being fed hormones to get sex changes, before they have even fully developed brains. That is disgusting, but legal because of activism.
I had plenty of gay friends and I saw their lifestyles and decisions. It taught me a lot. If my whole sex life was on parade in all of my dealings I would be called a pervert for focusing on women and having to talk about it, but I understand that my private life has no place in the work place or in a kids camp. I understand that my sexual orientation is not my identity.
You can go ahead and have the last word now. I will not be convinced that homosexuality is normal or desirable. Just understand, I am not a homophobe. I do not fear you. I reject you as abnormal and not representative of the best in nature when it comes to procreation of the species and carrying on the genetic line or the family name. Homosexuality is nature's way of ending your line. As such, I don't have to do anything at all except keep my own away from your sphere of influence.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#123 Aug 20, 2013
JTThrasher wrote:
No. this is about a group with certain ideals enforcing them. It is the parents job to endorse the child's lifestyle if they so choose, not the scouts. As to the public money issue, if we all had a say where our tax dollars went then things would be different for both sides of the political spectrum. It is about openly gay kids and gay scout leaders. Sex shouldn't play a role but homosexuals insist on it and that we should tolerate it. Even here, someone talks about a "non-SEXUALIZED" gathering and you can't stand it. You wanna force it on others. Your little minority issue has to be swallowed by the masses.(remainder deleted due to space)
Calling it "non sexualised" when it clearly is based on one's sexuality is silly.

Only a doofus would fall for such a mindless catch phrase.

You keep claiming I have no right to interfere with the lives of your children while at the same time you insist on interfering in the lives of my parents children.

Tell ya what. Keep your nose out of my bedroom and stop advertising your sexuality, if you expect the same treatment.

It's called equal protection under the law. One of those traditional family values your side is trying to re-define.

It's disgusting that people who think of their children as property still exist in this day and age.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#124 Aug 20, 2013
JTThrasher wrote:
No. this is about a group with certain ideals enforcing them. It is the parents job to endorse the child's lifestyle if they so choose, not the scouts. As to the public money issue, if we all had a say where our tax dollars went then things would be different for both sides of the political spectrum. It is about openly gay kids and gay scout leaders. Sex shouldn't play a role but homosexuals insist on it and that we should tolerate it. Even here, someone talks about a "non-SEXUALIZED" gathering and you can't stand it. You wanna force it on others. Your little minority issue has to be swallowed by the masses.
And then the name calling begins. I disagree with you and do not want your influence in my child's life so I am bigoted and hateful, small-minded, blahblah. Nope. I love my child. And if he ever turned out to be gay I would still love him, assuming he didn't go full on queen, then even though I would disagree with his decisions I would still be there and be his dad. I would still expect him to act like a man, like the openly gay critic of the gay community Jack Donovan does. However, I wouldn't want some gay kid hitting on my son at a scout meeting, or having some militant trying to indoctrinate him like the community is notorious for.
I also said, "Does that mean I think all gay people are bad? No. I do not." but you ignored that to bolster your views of me because I disagree with you and know enough about what happens when gays do live in communities in major cities where support is plenty. It still isn't enough. They still shove it down our throats.
You say you want to be considered a human first, but the first thing you introduce is that you are gay and that we have to accept it.
No. We don't. Life is like that. Many different groups, many different beliefs, many different lifestyles. I do not have to validate you to be a whole person, no matter what you think. My problem is you seem to need that validation to become one,or you wouldn't be bothering people who want to be left alone with their own moral compasses.
And calling a straight male "sweetie" who obviously doesn't support your lifestyle is at the least bad PR.
I never said that my view was based on a few drunks. My view is based on many people in various socio-economic backgrounds and ages and how the large community in one city, DC, operates. If it were a few I would write it off as just a couple of jerks.
In California there are pictures of gay parades where men are going down on each other and urinating on each other in public, while groups of gay men watch, and while children are present. That is an area where homosexuals dominate whole neighborhoods and displays what they do when they have power through numbers. If the homosexuals really wanted to stop this they could. Instead they cheer it on.
These kids the community is so worried about are now being fed hormones to get sex changes, before they have even fully developed brains. That is disgusting, but legal because of activism.
I had plenty of gay friends and I saw their lifestyles and decisions. It taught me a lot. If my whole sex life was on parade in all of my dealings I would be called a pervert for focusing on women and having to talk about it, but I understand that my private life has no place in the work place or in a kids camp. I understand that my sexual orientation is not my identity.
You can go ahead and have the last word now. I will not be convinced that homosexuality is normal or desirable. Just understand, I am not a homophobe. I do not fear you. I reject you as abnormal and not representative of the best in nature when it comes to procreation of the species and carrying on the genetic line or the family name. Homosexuality is nature's way of ending your line. As such, I don't have to do anything at all except keep my own away from your sphere of influence.
OK you're not a homophobe just an average bigot.

Happy now?

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#125 Aug 21, 2013
JTThrasher wrote:
No. this is about a group with certain ideals enforcing them.
Sweetie, you are wound waaaaay too tight. The only folk who are sexualizing the Boy Scouts are you folk with the non-stop homoerotic fantasies. You actually imagine being gay is infectious, that your naturally straight children must be kept far away from the gay or risk flaming out themselves. If you don't think that the Boy Scouts aren't doing the right thing, stay away, you won't be missed. Put your kids in the highly sexualized non-sexualized Boy Whatevers where you know they can grow up to be as small minded and wound up about other folks sex lives as you are.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 2 min mjjcpa 34,813
News Prosecutors say sex-abuse charges against gay r... 11 min Flordia Gator 4
News Venice mayor says no gay pride parade in my cit... 16 min Flordia Gator 10
News Court: Baker who refused gay wedding cake can't... 39 min Wondering 1,041
News Mormon church backs Utah LGBT anti-discriminati... 1 hr Termiraider 7,198
News Atheism, the Bible and sexual orientation 2 hr QUITTNER Aug 29 2015 3
News Plaintiffs seek to block Miss. ban on gay coupl... 5 hr The Stealth 2
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 6 hr Frankie Rizzo 25,621
News Is Polygamy the Next Gay Marriage? (Sep '14) 6 hr Frankie Rizzo 8,765
News 4 GOP candidates sign anti-gay marriage pledge 6 hr too lazy to log in 198
News Same-sex marriage fight turns to clerk who refu... 6 hr Rainbow Kid 2,932
More from around the web