Anti-Gay Org Slams Target For Pride S...

Anti-Gay Org Slams Target For Pride Shirts

There are 8 comments on the Gay.com story from Jun 12, 2012, titled Anti-Gay Org Slams Target For Pride Shirts. In it, Gay.com reports that:

The anti-gay Family Research Council has a serious problem with families and rainbow colored t-shirts. After they discovered that Target had begun selling Pride t-shirts with the words "Pride," "Harmony" and "Love is Love" written on them, the FRC sent out an e-mail alert asking supporters to sign a petition telling Target to "stay neutral on the ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Gay.com.

“WAY TO GO”

Since: Mar 11

IRELAND

#1 Jun 12, 2012
Cool looking shirt and If Target wants to get involved and help the fight in Minnesota.....GOOD FOR THEM......the FRC is just upset that they are being countered......to bad!!!

“Common courtesy, isn't”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#2 Jun 12, 2012
I'm shocked ... shocked, I tell you!... that the Family Research Council would have any objection to these T-shirts.

<yawn>
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#3 Jun 12, 2012
Target Blocks Group's Emails Complaining of Gay Pride Shirts
http://www.christianpost.com/news/target-bloc...
Target June Gay Pride merchandise was a sell-out
http://www.target.com/c/pride-ways-to-shop/-/...
;o))
em_libra62

Savannah, GA

#4 Jun 12, 2012
I would like to know if the Family Research Council is willing to pay Target the amount of money they would loose by not selling the shirts?

Since: Dec 11

Cedar Rapids, IA

#5 Jun 12, 2012
Um... too late the gay community at large slammed Target back when it was cool. Soo... ya

But really Target cant win for any thing. First it pisses of we GLBT people with the whole donation thing then it gets on the.. well the only side the hate group Family research Council has.

Personally I'm still on the screw target side of the fence.
KKKafeteria KKKristains

Philadelphia, PA

#6 Jun 12, 2012
Noct wrote:
Um... too late the gay community at large slammed Target back when it was cool. Soo... ya
But really Target cant win for any thing. First it pisses of we GLBT people with the whole donation thing then it gets on the.. well the only side the hate group Family research Council has.
Personally I'm still on the screw target side of the fence.
That t shirt design can only be described as unfabulous.

That is the real offense here.

“Equality First”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#7 Jun 13, 2012
I'm going to target today anyway, so I'm going to look for these, and buy one of whatever diffeent designs they have.

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

#8 Jun 13, 2012
When they strike out at ANYTHING that bothers them, and that is ANYTHING that is not dripping in specious "family values", it loses meaning after a while. They remind me of junkyard dogs, a vicious stream of barking anytime anyone walks by, but as soon as he is past, the dog calms down and lays down in a shady spot in the dirt and naps. I tend to ignore them, "the dog barks,but the caravan rolls on by."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Court allows Chicago church to fire gay worker ... 20 min Rainbow Kid 8
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 38 min Terra Firma 47,986
News Tim Farron - pretty offensive' for failing to s... 46 min Gay Peace on Earth 3
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 52 min George Justapose 26,110
Maybe god is gay! (Dec '09) 59 min June VanDerMark 13,368
News Lesbian pastor, United Methodist Church agree t... (Aug '16) 1 hr Wondering 39
News Doritos makes rainbow chips in support of gay r... (Sep '15) 2 hr guest 1,476
More from around the web