Out Facebook Co-Founder Takes Issue With Chris Christie's Gay Marriage Stance

Jan 29, 2013 Full story: EDGE 8

Chris Hughes, one of the founders of Facebook and the publisher and editor-in-chief of The New Republic, has voiced his disapproval of the social media website's CEO Mark Zuckerberg and his support for New Jersey Republican Governor Chris Christie, ABC News reports.

Full Story
LYNDA YARBOROUGH

Little River, SC

#1 Jan 29, 2013
God created man and woman to have a relationship with intimacy through the sacrements of marriage. There is no place within the Bible that God says it is okay for same sex marriage. As a matter of fact, the act is so replusive to Him, he destroyed a city because of homosexuality. The Bible states homosexuals cannot enter the kingdom of heaven. It is a sin. God loves sinners but hates the sin. Society has no right to step into God's corner to support this type of relationship. Those in this type of relationship are risking their eternal life for pleasures on earth.
Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

#2 Jan 29, 2013
LYNDA YARBOROUGH wrote:
God created man and woman to have a relationship with intimacy through the sacrements of marriage. There is no place within the Bible that God says it is okay for same sex marriage. As a matter of fact, the act is so replusive to Him, he destroyed a city because of homosexuality. The Bible states homosexuals cannot enter the kingdom of heaven. It is a sin. God loves sinners but hates the sin. Society has no right to step into God's corner to support this type of relationship. Those in this type of relationship are risking their eternal life for pleasures on earth.
Sorry, but your Buybull and the myths it contains are completely irrelevant. We believe in freedom of religion in New Jersey, and we also believe in the separation of church and State.

“Unconvinced”

Since: Nov 09

Seattle, WA

#3 Jan 29, 2013
LYNDA YARBOROUGH wrote:
God created man and woman to have a relationship with intimacy through the sacrements of marriage. There is no place within the Bible that God says it is okay for same sex marriage. As a matter of fact, the act is so replusive to Him, he destroyed a city because of homosexuality. The Bible states homosexuals cannot enter the kingdom of heaven. It is a sin. God loves sinners but hates the sin. Society has no right to step into God's corner to support this type of relationship. Those in this type of relationship are risking their eternal life for pleasures on earth.
Then why does he CREATE gay people? Just to mess with them? Just to see them lonely and hated? A god like that has no business creating humans, if he's only going to torture them for loving one another. It's a good thing he's a fiction of small-minded people.
Doug McClellan

Jacksonville, FL

#4 Jan 29, 2013
Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, but your Buybull and the myths it contains are completely irrelevant. We believe in freedom of religion in New Jersey, and we also believe in the separation of church and State.
Basically you are full of shite...take crazy somewhere else we're all sold up here.
Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

#5 Jan 29, 2013
Doug McClellan wrote:
<quoted text>Basically you are full of shite...take crazy somewhere else we're all sold up here.
You think freedom of religion and separation of church and State are crazy? Mkay.....
David Traversa

Argentina

#6 Jan 29, 2013
LYNDA YARBOROUGH wrote:
God created man and woman to have a relationship with intimacy through the sacrements of marriage. There is no place within the Bible that God says it is okay for same sex marriage. As a matter of fact, the act is so replusive to Him, he destroyed a city because of homosexuality. The Bible states homosexuals cannot enter the kingdom of heaven. It is a sin. God loves sinners but hates the sin. Society has no right to step into God's corner to support this type of relationship. Those in this type of relationship are risking their eternal life for pleasures on earth.
A perfect being who feels "repulsion" and gives His okay..(a contradiction, since perfection doesn't need anything outside itself).. "cannot enter the kingdom of of heaven.."..(I'll bring a camping chair for the long wait).. "eternal life..".. I hope your expectations are in some way worth giving up "the pleasures on earth.." One must give you credit for your non-violent, dignified tone though.. that's something deserving of respect.. always..
SirAndrew

Honolulu, HI

#8 Jan 29, 2013
LYNDA YARBOROUGH wrote:
God created man and woman to have a relationship with intimacy through the sacrements of marriage. There is no place within the Bible that God says it is okay for same sex marriage. As a matter of fact, the act is so replusive to Him, he destroyed a city because of homosexuality. The Bible states homosexuals cannot enter the kingdom of heaven. It is a sin. God loves sinners but hates the sin. Society has no right to step into God's corner to support this type of relationship. Those in this type of relationship are risking their eternal life for pleasures on earth.
I think you need to read your book of fairy tales again; there's hardly a true statement in your declaration of hate. If your "god" is against anything, it's probably misquotes and misleading references. And your conclusions are laughable. I will admit I'm surprised that they allow you access to a computer in the "special" home where you live, but I suppose it's less dangerous than sharp objects. Perhaps you should consider taking your meds on a more regular basis.
Rob Sharpless

Oxford, UK

#9 Jan 29, 2013
LYNDA YARBOROUGH wrote:
God created man and woman to have a relationship with intimacy through the sacrements of marriage. There is no place within the Bible that God says it is okay for same sex marriage. As a matter of fact, the act is so replusive to Him, he destroyed a city because of homosexuality. The Bible states homosexuals cannot enter the kingdom of heaven. It is a sin. God loves sinners but hates the sin. Society has no right to step into God's corner to support this type of relationship. Those in this type of relationship are risking their eternal life for pleasures on earth.
Ring ring....ring ring...oh I can't get through. Trying to get through to the 1500s for this post and it just doesn't seem to work. Telephones weren't invented then, you say? Shouldn't that be where this opinion stays also?
I'm sorry but no one has the right to force an opinion onto others using a book as their scapegoat. If you have a problem with gay marriage then I don't agree with you but that's your opinion but to use a book as your justification for your opinion is unequivocally wrong.
It's disgusting that you think this and more so that you try and tell others how to act. Think if someone did this to you. Think if someone said 'In the bible it says you cannot walk the way Lynda Yarborough walks for if you do you will have committed a sin and go to hell' or 'you cannot breathe the same air as Lynda Yarborough breathes because her air is repulsive (it says that in the bible I read)'. In fact how about you go to a hospital and find a child dying with AIDs that they contracted from their parents and tell them they are going to hell because AIDs was the disease God created to wipe out the gays? Go on, look them in the eye and tell them this. Feel sick reading that? Feel offended by reading that? That's how I felt reading your comment so I am at least glad you have empathy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 4 min Reverend Alan 5,610
Gay-Bashing Pastor's Same-Sex Assault 5 min Faith Hits the Fa... 9
Next gay marriage fight: religious exemptions 17 min Reverend Alan 5,032
Sunday Morning NE Jade Party 21 min Larry 2
Bill Would Let Michigan Doctors, EMTs Refuse To... 31 min cancer suxs 157
Supreme Court allows gay marriage to proceed in... 32 min TomInElPaso 8
Obama calls on women only at news conference 47 min johnny o 12
Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 56 min chris toal 26,759
Anti-gay Tenn. billboard stirs religion debate 4 hr KiMare 2,874
More from around the web