Why Black People And Republicans Just Can't Get Along

Mar 9, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: NewsOne

Farai Chideya at the Root wrote a very good article about the relationship between the Black community and the Republican Party.

Comments (Page 126)

Showing posts 2,501 - 2,520 of2,566
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“I'm a proud grandma”

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Mr Big Bad John Roberts wrote:
<quoted text>Rand Paul certainly looked like the clueless Mitt Romney when he attempted to relate to a crowd at Howard University. I knew before he had spoken the first letter out of his mouth, it was a train wreck in progress. He asked the crowd, whether they knew the founders of the NAACP were Republicans? He was so busy trying to avoid the overused "Did you know that Lincoln was a Republican?" and "The kkk was started by the Democrats" card, Lol! Like you said, clueless and condescending like Romney.
I forgot the other overused cards the Republicans love to insult us Blacks' intelligence with:
1- West Virginia Democratic Senator Robert Byrd was a leader of the kkk.
2- Dr. Martin Luther King was a Republican.
All I can say is yawn and duh.
He may as well have asked did you know Abraham Lincoln was the president, and his likeness is on the penny and the $5 bill, or some other dumb question? I was shocked that he chose to dumb it down like that. The absolute definition of condescension.

Instead of speaking to these people who will be the future political leaders and entrepreneurs, in an intelligent manner, you would have thought he was talking to middle school children. Why not concentrate on economy and job creation, and avoid the stupid history talking points?

If the Republicans do not step up their game, they will lose again in 2016.

Since: Aug 09

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

<quoted text>Yo' ASSdurat, so what the hell does this overused rhetoric card has to do with the sorry status of your Republiklan party? You and your racist party are trying to return us to the policies that Mr. Lincoln, a great Republican, freed us from. There are no Lincolns in your racist party of today. There is not even a Reagan in your racist party of today. There is not even a W. Bush like candidate in your sorry litter of clueless Republiklans.
Lol!!!!!!!!!!
Lol!!!!!!!!!!
Lol!!!!!!!!!!
Idiot, I am CPP.( http://conventionpeoplesparty.org )

“I'm a proud grandma”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

<quoted text>Yo' ASSdurat, so what the hell does this overused rhetoric card has to do with the sorry status of your Republiklan party? You and your racist party are trying to return us to the policies that Mr. Lincoln, a great Republican, freed us from. There are no Lincolns in your racist party of today. There is not even a Reagan in your racist party of today. There is not even a W. Bush like candidate in your sorry litter of clueless Republiklans.
Lol!!!!!!!!!!
Lol!!!!!!!!!!
Lol!!!!!!!!!!
That is sad that" W" would be viewed as an improvement? SMDH.
AntiMelting

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>Totally clueless are the Republiklans. They have not nearly grasped why they lost miserably last November. Mitt Romney's cluelessness parallels with the sorry status of the post election Republiklans.
They lost because the moocher, black class is at about 50% of the useful class. Vote for whomever gives out free shit because you're too stupid to survive on your own...according to white Liberals.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

<quoted text>Yo' melt piss, your sour grapes monkey azz call it whatever but none of that propaganda and conspiracy theory crap about the past election will never make it to the history books. History will say that on Tuesday November 6, 2012, President Barack HUSSEIN Obama made history at the expense of another Repunliklan lab rat, LOFL! Pardon me, I just could not hold back my laughter on that line,(snicker). I just love to hear stupid klanjigs and Fox News whine about why their p.o.s. candidates cannot beat Mr. Obama. By the way, come 2016, plan on losing yet another general election when the next Democratic nominee will be a White female named Hillary, LOFL!No need to mention her last name because you racist Republiklans are constantly having nightmares about her.
Lol!!!!!!!!!!
Lol!!!!!!!!!!
Lol!!!!!!!!!!
Lol!!!!!!!!!!
Lol!!!!!!!!!!
Lol!!!!!!!!!!
I'm a Democrat but I hope Hillary doesn't run. That would be just like giving the election away to the Republicans. This is the same reason that an unknown Obama got nominated in the 1st place...because Dems knew he had a better chance of winning than Hillary.

Hillary is not moderate enough to win the swing vote. Obama barely won with what about 51% or so...and he also got the help of moderate voters and independents as well as some Republicans who didn't want to vote for Romney.

Hillary would never get that same support among the middle of the fence voters. Some of her own Democrats wouldn't even vote for her, myself included. It would be a bad move in my opinion. Just like throwing the election.

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

<quoted text>Look here you fruity racist b@st@rd, I don't care if your monkey azz is a member of the kkk, if you do not want to be ASSociated with the Republiklans, stop posting stupid comments about how great a party they used to be. Pull your head out of your butt and see the sorry racist GOP of today.
Lol!!!!!!!!!!
Lol!!!!!!!!!!
Lol!!!!!!!!!!
Anybody, icluding the Republicans, the Tea Party the Libertarians, anybody and everybody is better than that QUEEN YOU HAVE IN my wHITE hOUSE RIGHT NOW.

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

AntiMelting wrote:
<quoted text>
They lost because the moocher, black class is at about 50% of the useful class. Vote for whomever gives out free shit because you're too stupid to survive on your own...according to white Liberals.
Obama is a tax anybody and everybody lying homosexual idiot.

“I'm a proud grandma”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

If Republicans were for true reforms they would also cut the farm subsidies and oil subsidies, but this type of corporate welfare is OK with the current crop of Republicans.

They only worry about the top 1 percent. If they spoke to the issues of cutting entitlements AND cutting corporate welfare, and stop whining about the 1 percent, and the fact that the ubber rich may have a little increase in taxes, they may have a chance.

Rand Paul wants to be the new Strom Thurmond and filibuster when he has a disagreement. It reminds me of a temper tantrum.

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

<quoted text>Yo' melt piss, your sour grapes monkey azz call it whatever but none of that propaganda and conspiracy theory crap about the past election will never make it to the history books. History will say that on Tuesday November 6, 2012, President Barack HUSSEIN Obama made history at the expense of another Repunliklan lab rat, LOFL! Pardon me, I just could not hold back my laughter on that line,(snicker). I just love to hear stupid klanjigs and Fox News whine about why their p.o.s. candidates cannot beat Mr. Obama. By the way, come 2016, plan on losing yet another general election when the next Democratic nominee will be a White female named Hillary, LOFL!No need to mention her last name because you racist Republiklans are constantly having nightmares about her.
Lol!!!!!!!!!!
Lol!!!!!!!!!!
Lol!!!!!!!!!!
Lol!!!!!!!!!!
Lol!!!!!!!!!!
Lol!!!!!!!!!!
If Obama is so great, why can't he govern? Why can't he do more than Obamacare which Congress is not going to pay for and gay's in the military. Just what is his problem since you think he such a great little fairy queen?
scooter

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

kneegrows don't like the Republicans because the GOP expects them to get off their lazy asses,quit sucking the government tit and take care of themselves for a change,now that's change you can believe in.

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

guest wrote:
<quoted text>I hope Hillary doesn't run.
Me too
guest wrote:
<quoted text>That would be just like giving the election away to the Republicans.
It sure would.
guest wrote:
<quoted text>This is the same reason that an unknown Obama got nominated in the 1st place...because Dems knew he had a better chance of winning than Hillary.
Hillary is not moderate enough to win the swing vote. Obama barely won with what about 51% or so...and he also got the help of moderate voters and independents as well as some Republicans who didn't want to vote for Romney.
Hillary would never get that same support among the middle of the fence voters. Some of her own Democrats wouldn't even vote for her, myself included. It would be a bad move in my opinion. Just like throwing the election.
Me too.
Most Americans will not support a crazy lesbian dog like Hitlery

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

scooter wrote:
kneegrows don't like the Republicans because the GOP expects them to get off their lazy asses,quit sucking the government tit and take care of themselves for a change,now that's change you can believe in.
The type that voted for Obama would o back into slavery if given the chance. It is like that. They think life was easier on the plantation. When they got old and sick, master, had to send them to the doctor and pay their doctor's bill. The Republicans came along and messed all that up. And they have been begging for Obamacare ever since.

Right Big Bad John? Or whatever stupid thing you call yourself?

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Ms Mack wrote:
If Republicans were for true reforms they would also cut the farm subsidies and oil subsidies, but this type of corporate welfare is OK with the current crop of Republicans.
They only worry about the top 1 percent. If they spoke to the issues of cutting entitlements AND cutting corporate welfare, and stop whining about the 1 percent, and the fact that the ubber rich may have a little increase in taxes, they may have a chance.
Rand Paul wants to be the new Strom Thurmond and filibuster when he has a disagreement. It reminds me of a temper tantrum.
The problem with that obviously is that due to our current trade agreements if you raise taxes on corporations and the rich they will take their corporations (and jobs) to South America or China.

Thank the Republicans AND also Clinton/Bush/Obama for getting us into this mess. You tax them, they move to China and take their jobs with them. It's a lose/lose situation at this point.
drink The hivE

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

A Pyramid Is A Perfect Metaphor 4 The American Way Of Living...

http://images.wisegeek.com/pyramid-on-the-us-...

http://static8.businessinsider.com/image/4cda...

“I'm a proud grandma”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

guest wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem with that obviously is that due to our current trade agreements if you raise taxes on corporations and the rich they will take their corporations (and jobs) to South America or China.
Thank the Republicans AND also Clinton/Bush/Obama for getting us into this mess. You tax them, they move to China and take their jobs with them. It's a lose/lose situation at this point.
They had lower tax rates under Bush tax cuts and they still took the jobs away due to greed, so it really will take something akin to repealing NAFTA and GATT to save jobs.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Abdurratln wrote:
<quoted text>
Me too
<quoted text>
It sure would.
<quoted text>
Me too.
I remember seeing an exit poll from CNN that said 9% of Republicans who voted chose to vote for Obama and 20% of people who described themselves as conservative voted for Obama. Without those votes Obama probably wouldn't have won. Also a lot of Republicans simply didn't vote at all.

No way Hillary would get that same support from Republicans or conservatives and I don't think many would choose to not vote if she ran. They would probably show up in record numbers just to vote against her. She's just too far left. Too polarizing.

“I'm a proud grandma”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Abdurratln wrote:
<quoted text>
Me too
<quoted text>
It sure would.
<quoted text>
Me too.
Hillary is polarizing and will be viewed as Billary, but who will the Republicans run that can effectively debate her and win the election?
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

guest wrote:
<quoted text>
I remember seeing an exit poll from CNN that said 9% of Republicans who voted chose to vote for Obama and 20% of people who described themselves as conservative voted for Obama. Without those votes Obama probably wouldn't have won. Also a lot of Republicans simply didn't vote at all.
No way Hillary would get that same support from Republicans or conservatives and I don't think many would choose to not vote if she ran. They would probably show up in record numbers just to vote against her. She's just too far left. Too polarizing.
Farther left than DumBama? You have to be kidding. Nobody is more left than him, and he unfortunately won two elections.

As much as I dislike her politics, I will say that had she beat DumBama, our country would be way better off today than we are now. She spent 8 years in the White House and had to learn a few things while her husband was President; one of which is working with the other side.

I don't think she has much of a chance if we continue this direction with her former boss. Remember that when ObamaCare kicks in full force, it will send our economy into a downwards spiral. Voters will associate her with DumBama just as they have with McCain and Bush.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Ms Mack wrote:
<quoted text>
Hillary is polarizing and will be viewed as Billary, but who will the Republicans run that can effectively debate her and win the election?
Who? Who knows. In 2004 if i'd told you that a black man named Barak Obama would win the 2008 election you'd have called me a lunatic, right? Didn't see that one coming. I think the Republicans need an entirely new candidate and one that is more moderate than right.

So in 3-4 years its hard to say. To be honest Romney probably would have beaten Hillary in 2012. Again look at the votes Obama gathered from conservatives and moderates. Hillary would have never gotten that kind of support outside her own party. Certainly not 20% of conservative votes. Probably very few moderate voters either.

She's so far to the left that she couldn't win a debate anyway. Also winning debates really doesn't indicate who will win an election. For example, 1992 Clinton/Bush/Perot debate. Clinton and Bush debating the good that would come from NAFTA and Ross Perot flat out told them what would really happen "that giant sucking sound of jobs leaving this country" Perot was dead on correct. Clinton/Bush were dead wrong. Did it help Perot any? Not a bit. Of course Perot didn't have a major party backing him either so that didn't help him either. But he was right and it didn't matter at all.
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Who? Who knows. In 2004 if i'd told you that a black man named Barak Obama would win the 2008 election you'd have called me a lunatic, right? Didn't see that one coming. I think the Republicans need an entirely new candidate and one that is more moderate than right.
That's exactly what we ran last two elections. Didn't work out for us so well.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 2,501 - 2,520 of2,566
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••