Why Black People And Republicans Just...

Why Black People And Republicans Just Can't Get Along

There are 2561 comments on the NewsOne story from Mar 9, 2012, titled Why Black People And Republicans Just Can't Get Along. In it, NewsOne reports that:

Farai Chideya at the Root wrote a very good article about the relationship between the Black community and the Republican Party.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NewsOne.

Since: Aug 09

Saint Louis, MO

#2489 Sep 8, 2012
iamcuriousnow wrote:
<quoted text>
Romney is but a long line of bad candidate choices by the GOP.McClain was a good man,but not presidential material and Palin was a joke. Now Romney, a rich man, will be the puppet for the rich.He knows economics-somebody elses pocket to his..He knows where to hid money to keep from paying taxes, he is the rich mans candidate.If elected he will raise taxes on the middle class and lower them on the rich...that is a fact.
The Dummycrats should have put up a better candidate than that queeer house slave Obama.

Saint Louis, MO

#2490 Sep 8, 2012
Eighthman wrote:
Talk about HATE!!
The British beat and tortured Obama's grandfather so badly during the Mau Mau Uprising in Kenya that he had physical limitations for the rest of his life. Thus, Obama, as his father did, has a deep seated hatred for the British, the Israelis, the US and any colonialist country or entity. I'm not here to judge Obama. He considers Israel a Trojan Horse of colonialism in the Middle East. "Israel. Beware Obama."
He wants revenge for his grandfather's brutal injuries and blames colonialism for all of the world's woes. That's why gas is $5 per gallon. We are being punished before he quite possibly destroys us.
More time for change? I don't think so. Obama is a loose cannon.
. I think Romney is a much, much safer bet. Don't you?
Dang. You almo0st convinced me to vote for Obama.

Saint Louis, MO

#2491 Sep 8, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
When did Venezuela move to Africa?
Actually, it was the other way around. Millions of Africans live in Venezuela.
Go Blue

Miami, FL

#2492 Sep 8, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee Brian, I didn't realize you were such a cold hearted bastard. No wonder you're a Republican.
p.s. The stimulus DID help, whether you want to admit it or not. Ask ANY economist.
Stimulus worked much better than...all those tax breaks for the Corporate Wealthy, that would stimulate all those JOBS......
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

#2495 Sep 8, 2012
Abdurratln wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, it was the other way around. Millions of Africans live in Venezuela.
5% of the population of Venezuela is of African descent. That comes to about 1.4 million
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

#2496 Sep 8, 2012
Go Blue wrote:
<quoted text>Stimulus worked much better than...all those tax breaks for the Corporate Wealthy, that would stimulate all those JOBS......
They've had those tax breaks for TWELVE YEARS! What's their excuse this year?

“I'm a proud grandma”

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#2497 Sep 8, 2012
Abdurratln wrote:
<quoted text>
Remember KKKLinton started much of this "free trade", specifically NAFTA.
That is very true.

Too bad no one has the sense to repeal it and save jobs, since nothing is "free" about it.

Saving $0.50 at Wal-mart is costing millions of jobs, but folks are just happy about small change, and not seeing the big picture..

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#2498 Sep 9, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
They've had those tax breaks for TWELVE YEARS! What's their excuse this year?
Don't forget, Obama signed an extension to Bush's tax cuts. It's not a good idea to raise taxes while your economy is in recession.
Mr Republican

Marion, IN

#2499 Sep 9, 2012
The world went to h*ll when the country-clubs started letting blacks in to work as caddys.

I'd give anything to have the cold war going again just to have the country-club all white again.

Vote Romney and Ryan 2012
Go Blue

Miami, FL

#2500 Sep 9, 2012
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Don't forget, Obama signed an extension to Bush's tax cuts. It's not a good idea to raise taxes while your economy is in recession.
Ask the repubes if it's a good idea, to sign a pledge to not raise taxes, with an outside, unelected lobbyist, Grover Norquist...then hold the country's economy hostage in Washington, refusing to participate in negotiations on solving our people's problems....?

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#2501 Sep 9, 2012
Mr Republican wrote:
The world went to h*ll when the country-clubs started letting blacks in to work as caddys.
I'd give anything to have the cold war going again just to have the country-club all white again.
LOL. Who are you kidding? You haven't been to "country club" in your life, let alone belong to one.

“I'm a proud grandma”

Location hidden

#2502 Sep 9, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text> They've had those tax breaks for TWELVE YEARS! What's their excuse this year?
Tax cuts are not stimulating the economy at all.

The same CEOs are still outsourcing jobs regardless of their reduction in taxes.

Sometimes a rising tide is just a rising tide, and is not lifting any boats. This trickle down economics has not brought about any increase in jobs for the middle and working classes, who continue to see their wealth decline.

Add to that the smokescreen of "Obama doesn't want welfare recipients to work", that seemingly appeared from thin air, as rebirth of the Willie Horton type of boogeyman campaign message.

“I'm a proud grandma”

Location hidden

#2504 Sep 9, 2012
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
Those are separate programs. SocSec qua SocSec has none of the problems of the other programs, which should be separated out permanently. Those issues can be dealt with in other ways.
Sorry, I am not following what you are trying to say here. Do you care to elaborate?
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

#2505 Sep 9, 2012
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Don't forget, Obama signed an extension to Bush's tax cuts. It's not a good idea to raise taxes while your economy is in recession.
Um.... it worked pretty well in the 1990s.
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

#2506 Sep 9, 2012
Mr Republican wrote:
...and they say the Republicans aren't racists!

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#2507 Sep 9, 2012
Have you read or seen 'The Hunger Games'? It's about a government structured to create division and hate.'The Hunger Games' are a metaphor for demagoguery.

We can prevent that kind of rotten politics, that uncivil discourse. Look who's promoting hate, who's accusing their opponents of evil and vote against them.

This is America, we're better than that.

Saint Louis, MO

#2508 Sep 9, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>5% of the population of Venezuela is of African descent. That comes to about 1.4 million
Idiot, 100% of Hispanics have African ancestry. This is because Africans ruled Sopain for 700 years.
Go Blue

Miami, FL

#2509 Sep 9, 2012
Brian_G wrote:
Have you read or seen 'The Hunger Games'? It's about a government structured to create division and hate.'The Hunger Games' are a metaphor for demagoguery.
We can prevent that kind of rotten politics, that uncivil discourse. Look who's promoting hate, who's accusing their opponents of evil and vote against them.
This is America, we're better than that.
That was a, Bill Oreilly book, was'nt it?
tommorrow

Springfield, NJ

#2510 Sep 9, 2012
Abdurratln wrote:
<quoted text>Good point. If San Francisco in the Gay Area had a disater, Obama would be there on the next Air Force One.
so true. He would. And on the taxpayers dollars too. Just like we had to pay for his daughters spring break to Mexico with jets and about 25 secret service men. All on our tax dollars. Don't seem quiet fair.
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

#2511 Sep 9, 2012
Abdurratln wrote:
<quoted text>
Idiot, 100% of Hispanics have African ancestry.
You get stupider with each post.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 9 min Freedomofexpression 8,457
News 12-year-old girl comes out to her Mormon congre... 12 min Tre H 577
News Movies: LGBT Film Series to be shown at three L... 25 min Willy 6
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 56 min TomInElPaso 53,769
News 'Gay is sin' pastor plans gospel rally at Pride... 59 min Wondering 4
News Romanian Orthodox Bishop Resigns After Gay Sex ... 1 hr Willy 2
News Catholic Church threatens to fire gay teachers ... 2 hr Willy 6
News School district removes gay students' yearbook ... 2 hr Imprtnrd 50
News ABC plans a Riot to mark the 40th anniversary o... 5 hr Gremlin 9
News Trump bans transgender people from military 6 hr TomInElPaso 343
More from around the web