Column by Christi McEntyre: Thank you...

Column by Christi McEntyre: Thank you, Washington, Mayrland and Maine

There are 1 comment on the Catoosa County News story from Nov 26, 2012, titled Column by Christi McEntyre: Thank you, Washington, Mayrland and Maine. In it, Catoosa County News reports that:

Thank the great Flying Spaghetti Monster, this election is over. Despite the high concentrations of vitriol being spewed from all sides during this past election season, I was at least lucky enough to have developed a new hobby over the past two months or so to help keep my mind off the insanity.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Catoosa County News.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark Ohio

#1 Nov 26, 2012
What a touching column.

I liked this part:

"What I think many opponents of same-sex marriage fail to realize is that, just as in most American heterosexual marriages, the vows of marriage between two same-sex partners are not undertaken lightly. Gay couples do not want to get married just to prove a point or to anger the religious right; they want to get married because they just want to be able to spend their life with the person that they love. They just want to enjoy the same legal and social rights as any other married couple.

I have to pause and think about how my emotions, my reactions to my engagement would differ had one or both of our families disapproved. Had we been shunned, disowned, criticized. How devastatingly cruel it would have felt to receive rejection from those from whom we expected affection and love. A person would not put him or her self through that kind of treatment from family and friends on a whim. No one chooses to be rejected. No one chooses to be gay."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Showdown in Houston over LGBT nondiscrimination... (Oct '15) 31 min private guy 412
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 1 hr Patti 34,441
News Mississippi Governor Signs Law Allowing Busines... 2 hr The Stealth 375
News North Carolina's rush to bigotry 2 hr Time again 2,215
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 2 hr Brian_G 10,702
News MomentumGAY Marriage Body Count 5 hr here 4
Maybe god is gay! (Dec '09) 5 hr June VanDerMark 9,822
News Young, gay and male: Suicide survey spotlights ... 8 hr PT Barnum 33
More from around the web