CO Baker Found Guilty for Denying Gay...

CO Baker Found Guilty for Denying Gay Couple Wedding Cake - May Face a Year in Jail

There are 16410 comments on the Gateway Pundit story from Dec 8, 2013, titled CO Baker Found Guilty for Denying Gay Couple Wedding Cake - May Face a Year in Jail. In it, Gateway Pundit reports that:

Gay activists protest the Masterpiece Cakeshop in 2012. Owner Jack Phillips now faces charges for not baking a cake for the gay couple.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Gateway Pundit.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#17709 Aug 17, 2014
This post was written by: Laurence M. Vance

Laurence M. Vance is a columnist and policy adviser for the Future of Freedom Foundation, an associated scholar of the Ludwig von Mises Institute, and a columnist, blogger, and book reviewer at LewRockwell.com . He is also the author of Social Insecurity and The War on Drugs Is a War on Freedom. His newest books are War, Christianity, and the State: Essays on the Follies of Christian Militarism and War, Empire, and the Military: Essays on the Follies of War and U.S. Foreign Policy. Visit his website: www.vancepublications.com . Send him e-mail.

Location hidden

#17710 Aug 17, 2014
Libertarianism is a political philosophy that holds that a person should be free to do whatever he wants in life, as long as his conduct is peaceful. Thus, as long a person doesn’t murder, rape, burglarize, defraud, trespass, steal, or inflict any other act of violence against another person’s life, liberty, or property, libertarians hold that the government should leave him alone. In fact, libertarians believe that a primary purpose of government is to prosecute and punish anti-social individuals who initiate force against others.

lides, cpeter1313 and Poop1 advocate the initiation of force against peaceful people. They are an abomination, they are part of a fascist crime against humanity.

Because I said it, it is true. Defend yourselves cretins.
KeepCalmNcarryON

Los Angeles, CA

#17711 Aug 17, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
Libertarianism is a political philosophy that holds that a person should be free to do whatever he wants in life, as long as his conduct is peaceful. Thus, as long a person doesn’t murder, rape, burglarize, defraud, trespass, steal, or inflict any other act of violence against another person’s life, liberty, or property, libertarians hold that the government should leave him alone. In fact, libertarians believe that a primary purpose of government is to prosecute and punish anti-social individuals who initiate force against others.
lides, cpeter1313 and Poop1 advocate the initiation of force against peaceful people. They are an abomination, they are part of a fascist crime against humanity.
Hope I get in n out bfor they get here.....
What does Libertarianism say of abusive speech in particular?
I really don't know much about it. not important I guess til now, so i have to ask.

Location hidden

#17712 Aug 17, 2014
KeepCalmNcarryON wrote:
<quoted text>
Hope I get in n out bfor they get here.....
What does Libertarianism say of abusive speech in particular?
I really don't know much about it. not important I guess til now, so i have to ask.
It pretty much should be left up to the business owner. Like if Topix lets us say "shit" it is not the business for the government to step in and say we can't say "shit". The government should stay out of it and let Topix run their own business.

We get the BBC here in California and it is OK for them to not bleep out the word "shit" so you hear "shit" all the time. But the FCC would probably go as insane as lides at a bakery should they hear the word "shit" on America TV.

What are some policy ramifications of what has become known as the libertarian “non-aggression principle”?

People should be free to engage in any economic enterprise without permission or interference from the state. Thus libertarians oppose all occupational licensure laws and all economic regulations of business activity. Libertarians also believe that people have the right to keep whatever they earn and decide for themselves what to do with their own money–spend it, invest it, save it, hoard it, or donate it.

This then means, necessarily, that libertarians are ardent advocates of the free market, which is simply a process by which people are interacting peacefully with each other for mutual gain.

What are some specific applications of libertarian principles to real-world problems?

http://fff.org/explore-freedom/article/libert...
KeepCalmNcarryON

Los Angeles, CA

#17713 Aug 17, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
It pretty much should be left up to the business owner. Like if Topix lets us say "shit" it is not the business for the government to step in and say we can't say "shit". The government should stay out of it and let Topix run their own business.
We get the BBC here in California and it is OK for them to not bleep out the word "shit" so you hear "shit" all the time. But the FCC would probably go as insane as lides at a bakery should they hear the word "shit" on America TV.
What are some policy ramifications of what has become known as the libertarian “non-aggression principle”?
People should be free to engage in any economic enterprise without permission or interference from the state. Thus libertarians oppose all occupational licensure laws and all economic regulations of business activity. Libertarians also believe that people have the right to keep whatever they earn and decide for themselves what to do with their own money–spend it, invest it, save it, hoard it, or donate it.
This then means, necessarily, that libertarians are ardent advocates of the free market, which is simply a process by which people are interacting peacefully with each other for mutual gain.
What are some specific applications of libertarian principles to real-world problems?
http://fff.org/explore-freedom/article/libert...
"The non-aggression principle" is followed by a description of a system of capitalism that has no stability principle and is no more sustainable than our present system.
The "immediate repeal of social security and welfare would create chaos.
NO medical care at all,
education and the theory of Libertarianism in practice is a free-for-all, which among many marine organisms as a "feeding frenzy"
I used to think just like that when I was hitch-hiking highway 1 hoping to be a pot-smoking hippy for the rest of my then short life. I still smoke the gnarliest killer green bud around and I still have a real life that works very well with things as they are, with room for improvement here and there.
;-D !

Location hidden

#17714 Aug 17, 2014

Location hidden

#17715 Aug 17, 2014
KeepCalmNcarryON wrote:
<quoted text>
"The non-aggression principle" is followed by a description of a system of capitalism that has no stability principle and is no more sustainable than our present system.
The "immediate repeal of social security and welfare would create chaos.
NO medical care at all,
education and the theory of Libertarianism in practice is a free-for-all, which among many marine organisms as a "feeding frenzy"
I used to think just like that when I was hitch-hiking highway 1 hoping to be a pot-smoking hippy for the rest of my then short life. I still smoke the gnarliest killer green bud around and I still have a real life that works very well with things as they are, with room for improvement here and there.
;-D !
I picked you up on highway 1, hitch-hiking, do you remember?

Just kidding. The Gay Nazi Fascists, lides, cpeter1313 and Poop1 will try to find a way to harass you from your admitting to smoking pot. When they don't agree with you, and can't refute the points you make, they will try to rally the peanut gallery against you by dismissing your posts with the fact that you smoked pot. Fascists are just petty scumbags like that.

They attack the messenger because the message is irrefutable and they know how stupid it makes them look.
KeepCalmNcarryON

Los Angeles, CA

#17716 Aug 17, 2014
Someone is king it impossible for me to diect you to certain information as you can see the typing thing is being used to stop my message.
NONE ofYOU will ever receive the information you really need on topix.
You are inside a catholic monastery.
KeepCalmNcarryON

Los Angeles, CA

#17717 Aug 17, 2014
Bless you Rev.!
Check those out, it's the tip of the iceberg!
I don't worry much about those "gay Nazis".
Seems the worst they ever do is vote me a clueless nut.
There were NO judge-its on that post which makes me wonder on a thread that is PACKED with 'em.
BTW
The spellcheck on Topix insists on Nazis being capitalized.
Between-Thread communications is sometimes near impossible,
especially when valuable time-sensitive observations are at stake.
even here I have to continually refresh or only post in reply.
even that has many ways if losing copied information.

Location hidden

#17719 Aug 18, 2014
Where did all the cowards go?

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#17720 Aug 18, 2014
Free the baker!
]No chains around my feet
But I'm not free"
Bob Marley
Concrete Jungle

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#17721 Aug 18, 2014
Inflation is a lot more involved than just "prices going up". When actual costs rise, it isn't some artificial meme, it's the cost of doing business.

So, your idea of expert proof is a survey of consumers? Sad.
Reverend Alan wrote:
If you believe the Bureau of Labor Statistics, inflation hasn't been a problem for two years.
Last month, the core Consumer Price Index grew a mere 0.1% for the second month in a row — rising at a 1.7% annual rate. Among other consequences, that's resulting in one of the smallest cost-of-living adjustments to Social Security benefits in its history.
But if you're a skeptic, of if you've bought groceries lately, you probably think this is a bunch of bunk. After all, inflation expectations as measured by the University of Michigan survey of consumers is actually turning higher and has consistently held above an annual rate of 3% in recent years.

Indianapolis

#17722 Aug 18, 2014
In terms of its jurisdiction, it made them irrelevant.
Reverend Alan wrote:
Did the Voting rights act of 1965 end segregation and discrimination?

Indianapolis

#17723 Aug 18, 2014
" It is part and parcel of the inviolability of private property, the freedom of assembly, the freedom of association, the freedom of contract, free enterprise, and the free market."--And here you are, spouting off about things you don't even vaguely comprehend. Even worse, you're quoting ANOTHER moron who has no idea what HE is talking about.
Reverend Alan wrote:
Discrimination is neither “not OK” nor something “not to continue.” Every individual and business owner should have the right to refuse service. In a free society, every individual and business owner would have the right to refuse service. It is part and parcel of the inviolability of private property, the freedom of assembly, the freedom of association, the freedom of contract, free enterprise, and the free market. In a free society, as Future of Freedom Foundation president Jacob Hornberger maintains,
A person has the fundamental right to associate with anyone he chooses and on any basis he chooses. He might be the biggest bigot in the world, choosing only to associate with white supremacists, but that’s what freedom is all about — the right to make whatever choices one wants in his life, so long as his conduct is peaceful — i.e., no murder, rape, theft, fraud, or other violent assaults against others.
In a free society, business owners, like homeowners, would have the right to run their businesses as they choose, including the right to refuse service. And that’s not all. In a free society, business owners would have the right to discriminate in their place of business on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, age, gender, height, weight, disability, attire, familial status, marital status, socioeconomic status, political preference, religious piety, national origin, appearance, odor, sexual orientation, or anything else, whether logical or illogical, reasonable or unreasonable, rational or irrational. It couldn’t be any other way and really be a free society.
As it is now, although it is unlawful to refuse to serve certain classes of people, it is not unlawful to give senior citizen discounts (discrimination based on age) or free meals to groups such as children, people celebrating birthdays, and police officers even though doing so discriminates against adults, people not celebrating birthdays, and all occupations besides police officers.

Indianapolis

#17724 Aug 18, 2014
So, your current crush has no idea why we have a government at all?
Reverend Alan wrote:
Clearly, there is much confusion about discrimination in our relatively free (as opposed to absolutely free) society overseen by regulators, bureaucrats, and judges — authoritarians, statists, and busybodies who seek to use the force of government to compel others to associate or do business with people they don’t want to. Currently, if the patron of a business or organization is not a member of a federally protected class, the legal right to refuse service generally depends on whether the refusal was arbitrary or whether there was a specific interest in refusing a patron service. That leaves everything up to the whim of government regulators, bureaucrats, and judges.

Indianapolis

#17725 Aug 18, 2014
Well, you finally admit you have nothing to say and no thoughts of your own.
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Libertarians, on the other hand, would argue correctly and consistently that, by their very nature, the rights of private property, freedom of assembly, freedom of association, free enterprise, and freedom of contract include the right to refuse service and otherwise discriminate — for any reason.

Indianapolis

#17726 Aug 18, 2014
I could enter your home or business and destroy it without doing anything violent. So we're okay with that?
Reverend Alan wrote:

Indianapolis

#17727 Aug 18, 2014
Is it the lizard people, or the illuminati?
KeepCalmNcarryON wrote:
Someone is king it impossible for me to diect you to certain information as you can see the typing thing is being used to stop my message.
NONE ofYOU will ever receive the information you really need on topix.
You are inside a catholic monastery.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#17728 Aug 19, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
And it is none of your "fucking business" the associations three or more individuals wish to form with one another.
If we can force a baker to bake a cake why can't we force a woman to carry her fetus to term?
Please refrain from posting profanity or offensive material.
Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator.
What baker was forced to bake a cake, Rev Anal? Have you figured that out yet? Or are you STILL stuck on stupid?

Three or more individuals can form any association they wish. Don't expect the government to legally sanction it as marriage when the facts about the harms of legalized polygamy are very well documented. I know, I know.... you don't believe the scientists. Too bad.

Location hidden

#17729 Aug 19, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
Free the baker!
<quoted text>
Bob Marley
Concrete Jungle
Yours was the last post worth reading and responding to.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 12 min Frankie Rizzo 46,381
News 'Reading a book can't turn you gay,' say author... 31 min Imprtnrd 116
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 32 min Internet 25,297
Maybe god is gay! (Dec '09) 1 hr June VanDerMark 13,293
News Why does the Texas criminal code still ban "hom... 1 hr Rainbow Kid 29
News NPR raises concerns about firing of Tennessee r... 1 hr Rainbow Kid 1
News Columbus Bans 'Ex-Gay' Therapy To Minors 2 hr Rainbow Kid 5
More from around the web