CO Baker Found Guilty for Denying Gay Couple Wedding Cake - May Face a Year in Jail

There are 16420 comments on the Gateway Pundit story from Dec 8, 2013, titled CO Baker Found Guilty for Denying Gay Couple Wedding Cake - May Face a Year in Jail. In it, Gateway Pundit reports that:

Gay activists protest the Masterpiece Cakeshop in 2012. Owner Jack Phillips now faces charges for not baking a cake for the gay couple.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Gateway Pundit.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#17232 Jul 26, 2014
So the word "making" doesn't register in your besotted pate?

It wasn't a gay person making the joke about Poof and the parrot.

I may make both jokes, but you ARE both jokes.
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think I have ever cracked a gay bestiality joke, you like to make false accusations as a debating tactic because you're dishonest.
I could be wrong, please re-post any gay bestiality jokes I have cracked. Bet they were good.
There is no value judgement straight joke/gay joke with me like there is with you. Making an Italian joke isn't worse than a disabled joke for example. You make both.

Indianapolis

#17233 Jul 26, 2014
I love it when you make crap up. There is no RIGHT to refuse service; in fact, business owners have had obligations since the beginning of commerce. In this country, businesses are required to obey the laws that pertain to them; there have been cases questioning whether there is an abrogation of rights to such laws, and there is a clear consensus that no such breach of rights exists. You simply have no idea what you are talking about.
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
One more time, please make note of the distinction I am making. The baker does have the right to refuse service, for any reason, but the mob government refuses to protect his right to do so, and instead violates his rights and says he can't refuse service to homosexuals.
The baker says he wants to exercise his right to refuse service and you say the government did the right thing in passing laws threatening him with punishment should he try to.

Indianapolis

#17234 Jul 26, 2014
The contract the baker willingly entered with the state determines the LEGAL decisions for the bakery. Are you saying you can renege on a contract whenever you feel like it?
Reverend Alan wrote:
So here we have it, the baker can serve the customers he wants to serve and refuse to serve the customers he doesn't want to serve, or lides can tell him who he has to serve.
Which would be best for humanity? The baker making his own decisions and suffering the consequences or for lides to tell the baker who he can serve and who he must serve and who he can't refuse service to?
What are our choices?
A. The baker makes the decisions for his bakery.
B. lides makes the decisions for the bakers bakery.
I go with A and lides and the gay Nazi's go with B. What you gay Nazi's object to is I say you are wrong to force your beliefs down the bakers throat. I agree with you that the baker was morally bankrupt for refusing to bake the cake but he has every right to refuse to serve someone. The question now is, will the government protect his right or violate it.
Homosexuals for the most part are celebrating the government violating the bakers rights to refuse service. You harmed the baker. Not that the stupid pew warmer didn't deserve it, but you still harmed him.

Indianapolis

#17235 Jul 26, 2014
And the gay couple didn't suffer? Hypocrite.

You aren't qualified to determine if something is unconstitutional; you have neither the authority or even the basic knowledge of the constitution. These rights you make up don't apply to the law or the courts.

For fu**'s sake, gays have dealt with people not approving of us for centuries, idiot. You think your disapproval means anything at all?
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted.text>
Oh, so now you admit he suffered! Good, good, this is progress. But you are wrong. He suffered because there is an unjust, unfair unconstitutional law on the books that prevents him from exercising his right to refuse service to anyone for any reason.
We do not lose our rights because we go into business. The government may not protect them any longer but we do not lose them, we retain them, they are irrevocable.
These facts rain on your little parade but that is too bad, if you are going to go around harming people and causing them to suffer then face the consequences of your bad choices. Which are that some people will not approve.

Indianapolis

#17237 Jul 26, 2014
What hard-earned cash? Your PARENTS made the money; you just lay around drinking all day.

If you don't like the law, either you work to change them, or you find another country. Nobody cares what a whining little do-nothing brat like you wants or likes.
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
The threat of jail time is one of the 2.5 million laws on the books that you and I must obey whether we like them or not, or suffer the consequences. Probably 2 million of those laws are bad laws written by scumbag con-artists morons and bigots, written for the purpose of making government bigger and more intrusive, to rob us of our hard earned cash and to in general make all our lives miserable, all with good intentions of course.
When you drive down the highway there is always a threat of jail time hanging over your head should you get caught doing what most Americans do every day. Same with the business owner, threats are always hanging over him. No one has to say, you are looking at a year in prison for the threat to be known and felt.

Indianapolis

#17238 Jul 26, 2014
The law in question was written in CO, not Washington.

The gay rights movement wasn't about ghettoization.
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Had the unfair, unjust unconstitutional law not been written by those morons in Washington in the first place, he would not have faced any jail time. He would have said no, and the gay couple would have asked him about a baker who did make gay wedding cakes and he would have said yeah, the gay owned bakery down the street specializes in gay wedding cakes, so visit them. The gay couple would have said good by, walked down the street, got their cake, kept the money in the gay community and we would not be having this lovely discussion.

Indianapolis

#17239 Jul 26, 2014
Wow...so much bigotry in one post.

I'm not juat a gay white man, I'm an American, and prefer to deal with other Americans. Not just the pale homosexual XY people. Socializing will always create some spaces for similar people, but the majority of businesses are run by Americans for Americans. Your plan calls for dividing up the people into similar groups, pretty much whether they wish to associate with their fellows or not.
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
My cousin invited me to a bar tonight to join him and a dozen friends of his for a $10.00 all you can eat gourmet buffet. One of them was saying we should go to such and such a straight place instead, but everyone else agreed that they wanted to go to a gay owned bar where they would be surrounded by other gay people. I find that gay owned places go the extra mile for preparation, presentation and service. It's just a gay thing. And as I have told you, I like supporting the gay community in this fashion by giving them my money instead of some group of anal retentive pew warming bigots who suffer from anti-gay dementia.
Sometimes black people like to be around other black people, and I know lesbians like to be around other lesbians, and white kids like one kind of music and black kids another. Italians like pizza and Chinese like Gai long.
The point? Christians keep their money in the Christian community and it works for them, and it is a good idea for gays to keep the money in their own community. Maybe someday that will change, it is slowly, but we are not there yet. Until then I will support the gay community and avoid the bigot community. You can go ahead and keep the bigots in business.

Indianapolis

#17241 Jul 26, 2014
No, the law trumped the illegal activity. It wouldn't matter if he refused to do the cake for an interracial marriage, an interfaith marriage, etc. It wouldn't matter if he was omnisexual; he was still legally obligated to do the job.
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Because he's a Topix gay rainbow peanut gallery member. It all goes back to "gay good, straight bad" with these clowns. The couple was gay (good) and the baker was straight (bad). So the couple's sensibilities trump the bakers rights. The couple got their feelings hurt, so the baker should be punished severely.

Indianapolis

#17242 Jul 26, 2014
So she's worked her way up to horses now? Does her nail color match theirs?
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't know you painted your nails comrade. We were out painting the hoofs of our horses today and we have some hoof paint left over if you would like me to share some with you for your nails.
Hoof Paint
This is a discussion on Hoof Paint within the Horse Shows forums, part of the Showing Horses category
Hoof color oil for horses
How to paint your horses hooves
I am sure comrade the instructions will work for your nails as well as they do for our horses hooves.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Since: Feb 09

Northern California

#17243 Jul 27, 2014
The nutritional myth that saturated fat is bad for you continues to fall apart as a steady stream of new books and scientific studies hit the airways
With regard to heart health, nutrition policy has been derailed over the past half-century by corporate greed, political agendas, and bad science
A new meta-analysis involving a half million people found that those eating more saturated fats do NOT have more heart disease than those eating less
Cholesterol is critical for building your cell membranes, interacting with proteins inside cells, regulating your cell signaling and other biological processes
Saturated fats serve important functions such as building cell walls, mineral absorption, converting beta-carotene into vitamin A, and many others

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#17244 Jul 27, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =5lAj-UUiANEXX
Well, very interesting!!!

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#17245 Jul 27, 2014
I now know what 1313 stands for.

Last night at dinner I was showing some of comrade peter1313's hate filled posts to my cousin and his friends and this morning I get an email from one of them saying he knows what 1313 stands for.

Here it is:

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#17246 Jul 27, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
The contract the baker willingly entered with the state determines the LEGAL decisions for the bakery. Are you saying you can renege on a contract whenever you feel like it?
<quoted text>
You know what I am saying; you just don't like it because it removes authority from your God to micromanage all our lives.

You remind me of the skinny sissymary who was approached by 3 huge black thugs who asked him to willingly agree to show them his wallet. We can all be sure he "willingly" agreed can't we Miss 1313.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#17247 Jul 27, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
And the gay couple didn't suffer?
<quoted text>
Walking down the street to order a gay wedding cake from a gay owned bakery that specializes in making gay wedding cakes is suffering?

Or are you talking about being told, "I do not make wedding cakes for gay weddings"?

Now let us compare that to trained killers from the government entering your place of business and demanding you appear in court. You are worried sick about spending a year in prison and a $10,000.00 fine because you didn't want to bake a cake. Then you have to spend thousands and thousands of dollars on an attorney, you lose a whole day of work, to appear in court, over and over until the final ruling. The whole time you can't get it out of your head that you could go to prison for a year, have to pay a $10,000.00 fine and your attorney fees keep adding up, all because you didn't agree to bake a cake, although you offered brownies for the reception.

What the gay couple experienced is like a fire-cracker on the fourth of July and what the baker experienced was more like WW2.

Now, I do not like what the baker did, and I do not like the baker very much because it was bit silly in this day and age to refuse, but that does not mean he doesn't have the right to be a complete fucking idiot and refuse, he does. Business owners make all kinds of stupid mistakes all the time, just watch all the programs where professionals rescue failing bars and restaurants. The owners are stupid and Free Market Capitalism fixes them by putting them out of business. We do NOT need your Government God to solve our problems. We can and do solve them for ourselves.

Do you think gay people and people like me who support the gay community would go to Jack Phillips bakery and order anything today? About the only people who still go there are his fellow pew warmers. Have you heard he has had to fire a couple of employee's because of his reduction in business?

The gay couple got everything they wanted after a minor "slight" and the baker lost everything, not that I want you to feel sorry for him, I am glad he lost everything and I hope this sends a message to Christians everywhere that their religion is an abomination and a crime against humanity. I wish gays would not lower themselves to the level of Christians and behave like them, but as we know, I don't get everything I want.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#17248 Jul 27, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
You aren't qualified to determine if something is unconstitutional; you have neither the authority or even the basic knowledge of the constitution. These rights you make up don't apply to the law or the courts.

<quoted text>
You are not qualified to determine what I know about the constitution. Your petty bickering is not convincing.

Do you think people are so stupid that they would believe what you say over the evidence in front of them?

You remind me of the parent who tells their child that something that tastes awful is delicious so they will eat it.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#17249 Jul 27, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
He's not incarcerated, buffoon.
His religious freedom has been superseded by forced celebration of a fundamentally religious ceremony, he's not free.

Free the baker!

lides wrote:
He was never jailed. Nor was he fined, nor was he punished in any way. He did eventually decide to stop baking wedding cakes for anyone, which was on the table from the very first decision against him as an option. Brian, rather than free the baker (who was never jailed), why don't you grow a brain?
"DENVER (AP) A suburban Denver baker has appealed an order from the Colorado Civil Rights Commission that requires him to prepare wedding cakes for gay couples.

Jack Phillips on Wednesday asked the Court of Appeals to reverse the May ruling by the commission.

Phillips was sued by a gay couple after he refused to make a cake to celebrate their marriage in 2012. Phillips has said he is deeply religious and that making the cake would violate the Christian principles by which he runs his Lakewood business, Masterpiece Cake Shop."
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/07/17/denv...

Free the baker, support his religious freedom so your religious freedom will be respected too. Down with government regulation of business, up with freedom.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#17250 Jul 27, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
For fu**'s sake, gays have dealt with people not approving of us for centuries, idiot. You think your disapproval means anything at all?
<quoted text>
You are twisted comrade. What is it I do not approve of? Do you think anyone in their right mind is going to fall for your underhanded ruse that I disapprove of gay people? That is what you are suggesting and probably hoping people will conclude and then treat me as an anti-gay homophobe when I have made it quite clear that it is bad behavior I do not approve of even when it is done by gay people.

You have the fixation of "gay good/not gay bad". For me, if a gay person does something bad or wrong I will say so just as much as when a bigot does something.

I am consistent and you are like how the wind blows. I wish you would grow up and act like a decent human being in stead of a petty bickering mean, filled with revenge, cretin.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#17251 Jul 27, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
What hard-earned cash? Your PARENTS made the money; you just lay around drinking all day.
If you don't like the law, either you work to change them, or you find another country. Nobody cares what a whining little do-nothing brat like you wants or likes.
<quoted text>
Actually it is none of your business but when my grandparents died is when my parents used the inheritance to invest in rental property and double the size of our house. That is when I no longer had to share a bed with my cousin. We each got our own bedrooms. Not that I minded, I liked having him in bed with me. I loved him and I know you will claim I wanted to have sex with him because that is just how your mind works. Go ahead, I do not think men who like to have sex with other men is a bad thing or something is wrong with them. You think it is a tool to insult people with. How sick is that? Anyway, when my great aunt died we got
another chunk of money so my parents bought a place in Mexico and retired and I took over the family business. We also expanded the size of our house because both my cousin and I love to entertain. Many of his friends tell them that although I won't have sex with any of them there is some gay in me because of how I love good food and fine dining. They mean that as a complement. I do have a good sense for creating environments, decorating, lighting, color, fabric and landscaping. One guy last night at dinner told me that he thinks I got all the "gay" in the family, meaning my cousin was a bit lacking when it came to style and taste. It's true, things like putting the fork on the left side of the plate are important to me and he could care less. And when it comes to wine, he'll go down into the basement and grab just any old bottle and pour it into just any old wine glass with out any care about how it pairs with the food being eaten. But after a couple of hits of some good Sonoma Coma I can eat with my fingers.

So go ahead comrade, twist all that I said into something it isn't and try to find ways to use it against me. You want the petty bickering to continue so get to it.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#17252 Jul 27, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
Wow...so much bigotry in one post.
I'm not juat a gay white man, I'm an American, and prefer to deal with other Americans. Not just the pale homosexual XY people. Socializing will always create some spaces for similar people, but the majority of businesses are run by Americans for Americans. Your plan calls for dividing up the people into similar groups, pretty much whether they wish to associate with their fellows or not.
<quoted text>
Do you have any brain cells that function correctly?

You are getting meaner and nastier by the day.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#17253 Jul 27, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
No, the law trumped the illegal activity. It wouldn't matter if he refused to do the cake for an interracial marriage, an interfaith marriage, etc. It wouldn't matter if he was omnisexual; he was still legally obligated to do the job.
<quoted text>
Legally obligated to bake a cake? Is that the way we want our country ran? Where the government can force someone to bake a cake they do not want to bake?

Your God, the government, has nothing better to do that force people to bake cakes?

This is my country too comrade and you and your socialistic scumbag politicians have been taking it away from freedom loving American and we are fighting back.

More parents than ever before are refusing to deliver their children to the governments indoctrination centers each morning for 12 years. They are taught at home to be self-reliant and not look to the government for everything. Good because the government can only do a few things right.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Is Polygamy the Next Gay Marriage? (Sep '14) 8 min Reverend Alan 5,568
BIG 4th of July PARTY 9 min Gremlin 6
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 9 min Shooter 21,563
News Republic of Ireland votes for equal marriage 9 min Signs of the Times 58
News Mayor Ballard named grand marshal of Pride parade 18 min Xstain Mullah Fra... 3
News Gay couples awake to new Ireland, hope to wed b... 19 min Xstain Mullah Fra... 2
News Pol's push to help axed gay veterans 21 min Xstain Mullah Fra... 4
News Obama to 5-Year-Old Gay Marriage Advocate: 'Cou... 27 min Frankie Rizzo 30
News 60 Percent: Record Number Of Americans Support ... 27 min Xstain Mullah Fra... 213
News Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 32 min RevKen 33,163
News What it cost Indiana to fight same-sex marriage 2 hr Wondering 17
More from around the web