CO Baker Found Guilty for Denying Gay...

CO Baker Found Guilty for Denying Gay Couple Wedding Cake - May Face a Year in Jail

There are 16410 comments on the Gateway Pundit story from Dec 8, 2013, titled CO Baker Found Guilty for Denying Gay Couple Wedding Cake - May Face a Year in Jail. In it, Gateway Pundit reports that:

Gay activists protest the Masterpiece Cakeshop in 2012. Owner Jack Phillips now faces charges for not baking a cake for the gay couple.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Gateway Pundit.

Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#9083 Mar 31, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
And just what, specifically, are Frankies "same mistakes of reason"? I have read most all of his posts and I do not see it.
Or were you just doing a "sheepie" and insulting him because you can't refute his assertions?
It's a straw man. He sees a new term, looks it up on wiki ( too funny!) then tries to make me argue that straw man argument instead of acknowledging he is losing the real argument. Because he can't lose at any cost. Honesty? Integrity? This is Topix!

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#9084 Mar 31, 2014
Rick in Kansas wrote:
All you have is pathetic intellectual dishonesty and a sad fantasy life, it's not my fault that you aren't bright enough to figure this out yet. But it's why you aren't getting the attention you're begging for.
Calm down Rick, angry people die sooner than calm people. Are you sure it is not you who are guilty of "pathetic intellectual dishonesty"?

Tell me where the Constitution authorizes Congress to pass laws that stop people from hating one another. Laws that are designed to bring about "justice" [justice for the gay couple but not for the baker!].

And do you believe that elected criminal and con-artists can make real changes in people's minds by writing threats down on paper?

We really need to move on here instead of pretending this is about freedom of religion and gay people, when it is about nothing more that the expansion of Government power over our lives.

Location hidden

#9085 Mar 31, 2014
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>I did it for you lamb chop, since you made it so painfully obvious that you clearly have no idea what is and isn't circular reasoning. The Wiki citation was deliberate as well, look who I am talking to. I know when to dumb it down for my audience.
That reply does not make you look intelligent and on top of things Rick. How do you think it makes you look? If someone said that to you, what would you think about them?

Frankie calls you Ricky, but I was thinking Mary In Kansas might get a few laughs. Do you know why gays call each other Mary? I do.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#9086 Mar 31, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!
I wasn't always like this. I originally came here to discuss equality and freedom. But I quickly found out this is not the place for it, this is the Jerry Springer show. So let's have some fun! I'm always game for fun.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#9087 Mar 31, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Calm down Rick, angry people die sooner than calm people. Are you sure it is not you who are guilty of "pathetic intellectual dishonesty"?
Tell me where the Constitution authorizes Congress to pass laws that stop people from hating one another. Laws that are designed to bring about "justice" [justice for the gay couple but not for the baker!].
And do you believe that elected criminal and con-artists can make real changes in people's minds by writing threats down on paper?
We really need to move on here instead of pretending this is about freedom of religion and gay people, when it is about nothing more that the expansion of Government power over our lives.
Ricky is now declaring everyone who disagrees with him is stupid. So therefore, he is right.
He'll have to look up the name for that on wiki now and inform me I am wrong because I'm stupid and didn't know it.

Location hidden

#9088 Mar 31, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
They wanna hear scalding insults, they should order Chow mein in a Brooklyn Italian joint.
As long as they can keep insulting us and we lower ourselves to their level and return the favor they do not have to acknowledge that the Constitution does not authorize Congress to pass laws to make our lives all better according to the subjectivity of the hooligans and rascals they voted for and elected to Congress. The gay couple had the legal right, but not a constitutional right or a moral right to use force against the baker. Gays have to argue and insult so they do not have to deal with these facts.

Who do you think will be the first to say, "Oh, alright, you are right, it isn't Constitutional and it isn't moral, but it is still against the law. Minorities need protection and only the government can do it."?

Location hidden

#9089 Mar 31, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Another lame argument from the peanut gallery! Feeling frustrated Ricky? Do you feel you are being treated unreasonably and want to get back at your tormenter? Ah good times! Don't get angry, get creative. If you can.
Good response! I too wish Rick would get creative instead of angry.

I would like him to read the Constitution and show us where it gives Congress the authority to pass laws against people hating one another.

It was Congress who wrote down on paper, "We the Congress give ourselves the authority to pass threats against people who do not get along with one another"

And it is not about fixing social injustice, it is about giving Government more power and more control over our lives. And morons support this and consider it a good thing.

Location hidden

#9090 Mar 31, 2014
Rick in Kansas wrote:
According to the facts of the case, the couple wasn't given the opportunity to request anything more specific than a cake for their wedding reception. His response to that request was that he says God don't approve and neither did he. Other than it being ordered by a same sex couple, he couldn't say what they were going to be ordering was in any way, shape or form different from what would be ordered by any opposite sex couple.
You should goole a newspaper article Rick because it is unlikely you will accept anything that I find because you don't like being proven wrong.

""""A gay couple took their story viral after a Denver-area cake shop turned down their order for a wedding cake last week. Supporters of same-sex marriage have been calling the shop, and protesters plan to gather in front of Masterpiece Cakeshop in Lakewood, Colo., on Saturday. The backlash adds to the emerging food fight over businesses -- such as Chick-fil-A -- that have reputations of opposing gay marriage. David Mullins, 28, and Charlie Craig, 31, say they went to the cake shop to order a rainbow cake for their upcoming nuptials in Providence, Mass., on the recommendation of their reception venue.“As soon as the owner realized the cake was for our wedding reception, he quickly informed us that his business did not provide cakes for gay weddings,” the couple said in a statement.
At the writing of this post, the bakery phone number was not connecting to the store, and representatives from the bakery were not immediately available to comment via e-mail.
Bakery owner Jack Phillips told CBS news, "If gays come in and want to order birthday cakes or any cakes for any occasion, graduations, or whatever, I have no prejudice against that whatsoever." But on the subject of gay marriage, he said, "we would close down the bakery before we compromised our beliefs."
The couple quickly took to the Internet with their story, and soon two Facebook pages sprang up advocating a boycott. An online petition to boycott the bakery has gathered more than 4,300 signatures.
A Facebook page supporting the bakery also popped up, with frequent commenter Sharon Phillips-Wethington writing,“God is Great!! 344 members.”
Saturday’s protesters have backup from FitzGibbon Media, which works with SignOn.org to promote causes that reach a high enough number of signatures and level of attention online.
“We want to give everyone the tools to run a campaign, and when it reaches a certain threshold, we want to give them press backup, and that’s where we come in,” FitzGibbon representative Brett Abrams said.""""

Location hidden

#9091 Mar 31, 2014
"" “As soon as the owner realized the cake was for our wedding reception, he quickly informed us that his business did not provide cakes for gay weddings,” the couple said in a statement.

Bakery owner Jack Phillips told CBS news, "If gays come in and want to order birthday cakes or any cakes for any occasion, graduations, or whatever, I have no prejudice against that whatsoever." But on the subject of gay marriage, he said, "we would close down the bakery before we compromised our beliefs." ""

Where in the Constitution Rick, does the Constitution give Congress the authority to pass laws demanding that people give up their beliefs in order that gay people can have """"" """"" Rainbow""" """"" """ Cakes?

Where does the Constitution authorize Congress to do this?

Location hidden

#9092 Mar 31, 2014
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>So cute, you got called on not having a flocking clue what a circular argument actually looks like and yet you're still fantasizing that you do. I'm done with you again.
You are falsely accusing Frankie again Mary in Kansas. If the knowledge of what circular reasoning is, is so important to you then why not just post an example of it instead of trying to hurt people? Or better yet post the original statement and show how it goes in circles.

The Bible is the word of god because it says it is the word of God. The Bible doesn't lie because it says in verse blah blah blah that there are no lies in the Bible.

Location hidden

#9093 Mar 31, 2014
Rick in Kansas wrote:
PS, that post wasn't written with you in mind. You may want to think about why you thought that it was, twice.
And you may want to think about why you need to be so mean. If you post something in here you post to everyone. If you want to send a private message then do so. Stop making up problems so you can avoid admitting that the Constitution does not give authority to Congress to pass anti-discrimination laws. Congress via circular reasoning gave itself that authority. And they did so, not to make you able to violate the rights of bakers but to expand their power and authority over all of us. The Constitution lost when the criminals in Congress passed the anti-discrimination laws. And now government micro-manages our lives more than ever and there is no end in sight.

Location hidden

#9094 Mar 31, 2014
poof wrote:
<quoted text>Is polygamy still illegal if so WHY
Asked and answered gay slur.

Location hidden

#9095 Mar 31, 2014
poof wrote:
<quoted text>Why do you think that only gays and lesbians can be democrats? That's really stupid. That's like clamming that only Republicans are Christians
I do think, but I do not think that. Where in the Constitution does it authorize Congress the authority to make us stop hating one another?

Location hidden

#9096 Mar 31, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Fine post. Perfect mix of humor and substance. Bravo!
Thank you, that one had fewer typo's than most of my recent posts, damn Margaritas!

Location hidden

#9097 Mar 31, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Circular reasoning. You haven't proven or given any evidence that what he posted was a lie.
"since what you have posted is a lie" is NOT proven by saying "then you are a notorious liar".
Tell Petey-Boo Boo too before he has to consult wiki again and get confused and have another straw man hissy fit.
LOL! Good one.

Location hidden

#9098 Mar 31, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Bingo! "Since I don't agree with you, your reasoning is incorrect" They get frustrated. It's fun!
Have you noticed that Sheepie has stopped posting here and that the 75 negative judgeit's are missing from each of our posts as well?

That simple minded little twit would spend hours clicking those negative judgeits in hopes that we would stop pointing out his extreme stupidity.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#9099 Mar 31, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
You are falsely accusing Frankie again Mary in Kansas. If the knowledge of what circular reasoning is, is so important to you then why not just post an example of it instead of trying to hurt people? Or better yet post the original statement and show how it goes in circles.
The Bible is the word of god because it says it is the word of God. The Bible doesn't lie because it says in verse blah blah blah that there are no lies in the Bible.
Mary said: "So cute, you got called on not having a flocking clue what a circular argument actually looks like and yet you're still fantasizing that you do. I'm done with you again."

Don't you love the logic of this clown Mary from Kansas? It's really another circular argument he is giving us but I am not supposed to know that because I only fantasize that I know what it means. Or something. Meanwhile he has avoided revealing he has no argument on topic.

"You don't have a clue what a circular argument because you fantasize that you do" Priceless!

Mary is fun!

Location hidden

#9100 Mar 31, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
I wasn't always like this. I originally came here to discuss equality and freedom. But I quickly found out this is not the place for it, this is the Jerry Springer show. So let's have some fun! I'm always game for fun.
I had the same identical experience, so I agree, let us laugh and have some fun and watch the simple minded uninformed and misinformed squirm.

Location hidden

#9101 Mar 31, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Ricky is now declaring everyone who disagrees with him is stupid. So therefore, he is right.
He'll have to look up the name for that on wiki now and inform me I am wrong because I'm stupid and didn't know it.
You sure know our Mary In Kansas LOL!
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#9102 Mar 31, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
When you accuse me of that when it isn't true you do not make yourself look like a genius you make yourself look so unintelligent because it proves you do not have an answer to the question being discussed.
Does it? You've already well established your inability for rational thought, so flame away, Rev. Anal.

What's that old saying.... you can dish it out but you can't take it?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 2 min cpeter1313 53,778
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 7 min cpeter1313 8,479
News Ten Commandments judge faces runoff in Alabama ... 16 min truth 16
News Trump bans transgender people from military 19 min old_moose 355
News Trump's Chief Scientist Pick Once Compared Gay ... 27 min Doug 6
News Justin Trudeau joined at Montreal Pride by Iris... 31 min Gertrude 10
News Movies: LGBT Film Series to be shown at three L... 35 min Gertrude 8
News 12-year-old girl comes out to her Mormon congre... 42 min Gertrude 589
News School district removes gay students' yearbook ... 7 hr Imprtnrd 50
More from around the web