CO Baker Found Guilty for Denying Gay...

CO Baker Found Guilty for Denying Gay Couple Wedding Cake - May Face a Year in Jail

There are 16411 comments on the Gateway Pundit story from Dec 8, 2013, titled CO Baker Found Guilty for Denying Gay Couple Wedding Cake - May Face a Year in Jail. In it, Gateway Pundit reports that:

Gay activists protest the Masterpiece Cakeshop in 2012. Owner Jack Phillips now faces charges for not baking a cake for the gay couple.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Gateway Pundit.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#4180 Jan 5, 2014
Denver Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Quite honestly the hardest thing to swallow is thinking gays need this kind of protection in todays age.
I mean look at it. We have one baker in all the continental U.S. who was unwilling to bake a wedding cake for a gay couple. Had their actually been any real discrimination felt to gays it would have been more than some story about a wedding cake that was blown way out of proportion.
People find it hard to empathize with a group of people whom want to claim they're facing the same plight the blacks did. It's laughable.
Gays are getting their weddings which they should but this is getting to be a case where if you give someone an inch they'll demand a mile.
I'm not agreeing what this baker did was right but you have to look at it in perspective. It's no big deal. Never was a big deal.
It was the gays throwing all this excessive drama onto it.
Gays are just sabotaging their "cause" to put as much stink on this as they have.
Hook up with each other, get married, have fun but stop acting like drag queens who lost one of their nine inch pumps 10 minutes before the show started and thinking the rest of the world has to help you look for it.
LOL!!!
Geeezus already.
Says yet another privileged straight white male who has never been discriminated against in his life....

Tawas City, Michigan

#4181 Jan 5, 2014
Denver Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Phobia is a fear of something.
Never have I been afraid of a gay in my life.
'Homophobia' is the most misused word in the English language given it's meaning does not reflect those on who it is applied.
Fact.
Of course most gays aren't concerned with facts so there you go.
Actually homophobia also refers to the irrational fear that giving gays equal rights & treating them will the respect and dignity as everyone else will somehow negatively affect you.

Tawas City, Michigan

#4182 Jan 5, 2014
Denver Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Perfect example of over reaching drama.
This couple probably drove a mile down the street idiot. No one had to "scour the planet" for a wedding cake.
LOL!!!
You're so lost it's laughable.
The law?? Let's see another couple of dumbass fruits try and buy a cake from that baker. They'll get something that tastes like a milkshake of salt, dirt, cat hair and raw sewage.
I think there was another story in here of 2 gay "men" trying to dance in a Texas bar only to get the boot.
You gays don't belong in certain places fool. Are you that stupid???
Well...given you might be head out and hit a few country bars next weekend. With the one good finger you have in combination with the one eye that's still open type out what happened when you did.
LOL!!!!
And drag queens??? They're not 'self-reliant' idiot. They're FREAKS who have a bizarre desire to parade their weird selves around like vultures thinking they should have been born peacocks.
Geeezus already.
Get married. Love your "partner". But keep your asscrack loving selves behind closed doors when you're in heat??
Too much to ask???
Yes, tolerating your bigotry IS too much to ask.

Which is why we use the force of law whenever we can to punish those who insist on discriminating against us.
Denver Dan

Sacramento, CA

#4183 Jan 5, 2014
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Says yet another privileged straight white male who has never been discriminated against in his life....
Oh brother.

Playing with your tarot cards again I see.

BTW....Kleenex is on sale at Target until Friday.
Denver Dan

Sacramento, CA

#4184 Jan 5, 2014
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually homophobia also refers to the irrational fear that giving gays equal rights & treating them will the respect and dignity as everyone else will somehow negatively affect you.
STILL doesn't apply to myself or others thinking that gays scream too much over self made issues they often create themselves.

No fear here baby...sorry.

'Homophobia' is a misused word that doesn't apply.
Denver Dan

Sacramento, CA

#4185 Jan 5, 2014
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, tolerating your bigotry IS too much to ask.
Which is why we use the force of law whenever we can to punish those who insist on discriminating against us.
Bigotry??

Over what??!

I never denied a man a job because he was gay. I never told a gay man where he can and cannot live. I never stopped a gay wedding.

Sorry sister...the only thing I don't like about the gay community is their lack of respect for others not in it. Their hypocritical nature and their tendency to create unwarranted drama.

Ask next time you have questions. Crystal balls, throwing bones an Ouija boards aren't all that accurate you know.

LOL!!!

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#4186 Jan 5, 2014
Denver Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
'Homophobia' is the most misused word in the English language given it's meaning does not reflect those on who it is applied.
Fact.
Homophobia: irrational fear of, aversion to, or discrimination against homosexuality or homosexuals.

You lose again, homophobe.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#4187 Jan 5, 2014
Denver Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
This couple probably drove a mile down the street idiot. No one had to "scour the planet" for a wedding cake.
LOL!!!
The law?? Let's see another couple of dumbass fruits try and buy a cake from that baker. They'll get something that tastes like a milkshake of salt, dirt, cat hair and raw sewage.
I think there was another story in here of 2 gay "men" trying to dance in a Texas bar only to get the boot.
Well...given you might be head out and hit a few country bars next weekend. With the one good finger you have in combination with the one eye that's still open type out what happened when you did.
LOL!!!!
And drag queens??? They're not 'self-reliant' idiot. They're FREAKS who have a bizarre desire to parade their weird selves around like vultures thinking they should have been born peacocks.
Geeezus already.
Get married. Love your "partner". But keep your asscrack loving selves behind closed doors when you're in heat??
Too much to ask???
Tell us again you're not a homophobe...

Since: Dec 08

El Paso, TX

#4188 Jan 5, 2014
Denver Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Quite honestly the hardest thing to swallow is thinking gays need this kind of protection in todays age.
I mean look at it. We have one baker in all the continental U.S. who was unwilling to bake a wedding cake for a gay couple. Had their actually been any real discrimination felt to gays it would have been more than some story about a wedding cake that was blown way out of proportion.
People find it hard to empathize with a group of people whom want to claim they're facing the same plight the blacks did. It's laughable.
Gays are getting their weddings which they should but this is getting to be a case where if you give someone an inch they'll demand a mile.
I'm not agreeing what this baker did was right but you have to look at it in perspective. It's no big deal. Never was a big deal.
It was the gays throwing all this excessive drama onto it.
Gays are just sabotaging their "cause" to put as much stink on this as they have.
Hook up with each other, get married, have fun but stop acting like drag queens who lost one of their nine inch pumps 10 minutes before the show started and thinking the rest of the world has to help you look for it.
LOL!!!
Geeezus already.
Discrimination is something if you give it an inch it'll run a mile. Having put up with such discrimination for half a century I'd have to say enough is damned well enough. It's bad enough that Gays can legally be denied jobs and housing in my state and many others you think adding one more burden on us is just fine with you.
There are no more cheeks to turn. Don't like it? Too damned bad. Walk in our shoes for a while and see how it is or just keep your on counsel and stop trying to tell us it's OK to ignore the hate filled, ignorant bigotry, even in Jesus Christs name. Screw that noise.
Denver Dan

Sacramento, CA

#4189 Jan 5, 2014
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
Homophobia: irrational fear of, aversion to, or discrimination against homosexuality or homosexuals.
You lose again, homophobe.
BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Wrong sunshine;

Definition of 'phobia';

pho-bi-a
n.

1. A persistent, abnormal, and irrational fear of a specific thing or situation that compels one to avoid it, despite the awareness and reassurance that it is not dangerous.

2. A strong fear, dislike, or aversion.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/phobia

---Not scared of gays cupcake. Never was. Being scared of gays would be akin to being scared of horse carcasses rotting under the sun. You just avoid them for what they are.

LOL!!!
Denver Dan

Sacramento, CA

#4191 Jan 5, 2014
TomInElPaso wrote:
<quoted text>
Discrimination is something if you give it an inch it'll run a mile. Having put up with such discrimination for half a century I'd have to say enough is damned well enough. It's bad enough that Gays can legally be denied jobs and housing in my state and many others you think adding one more burden on us is just fine with you.
There are no more cheeks to turn. Don't like it? Too damned bad. Walk in our shoes for a while and see how it is or just keep your on counsel and stop trying to tell us it's OK to ignore the hate filled, ignorant bigotry, even in Jesus Christs name. Screw that noise.
Shut up drama queen.

You, among other homosexuals, put the obstacles you faced in line to what the blacks had to face.

What a JOKE.

As of yet I don't see dozens of gays strung up in oak trees Tom. Never saw a history book YET that indicated gays had been slaves for years without rights whatsoever. Never saw chain gang of you cupcakes being beaten with whips while you did road crew duties. Still haven't seen gays being denied voting rights or being told where to live Tom. When was the last time anyone in your family present of past was sold Tom? Haven't read about any gay being beaten to death while the law just looked on Tom.

It's all DRAMA Tom. You're all drama boy. You're full of BULLSHIT DRAMA Tom.

You exaggerate more than a 5 year old GIRL trying to describe the monster in her closet Tom.

Walk in your shoes???

LOL!!!

Walk in mine asshat. There's SCORES of people whom have had to face some form of adversity including myself LOSER. Most don't go crying into momma's arms every God damned time they move on and make the world happen. You gays are the BIGGEST crying BITCHES I know.

What heinous obstacles have gays had to face here??? Being denied a wedding cake in one place out of a million.

OH...THE HORROR!!!!!!!!!!

LOL!!!

You're a SAD lot. I mean SAD.

And Jesus Christ??? As far as I'm concerned Jesus Christ, Moses, Nate the hot dog vendor and the guy 3 houses down from your MOMMA'S house has nothing to do with it.

If some feel you go against your religion so be it. They probably go against yours. Yahoo Tom.

Grow some balls boy.

Since: Dec 08

El Paso, TX

#4192 Jan 5, 2014
Drunk so early in the day? No wonder your wife left you.
Denver Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Shut up drama queen.
You, among other homosexuals, put the obstacles you faced in line to what the blacks had to face.
What a JOKE.
As of yet I don't see dozens of gays strung up in oak trees Tom. Never saw a history book YET that indicated gays had been slaves for years without rights whatsoever. Never saw chain gang of you cupcakes being beaten with whips while you did road crew duties. Still haven't seen gays being denied voting rights or being told where to live Tom. When was the last time anyone in your family present of past was sold Tom? Haven't read about any gay being beaten to death while the law just looked on Tom.
It's all DRAMA Tom. You're all drama boy. You're full of BULLSHIT DRAMA Tom.
You exaggerate more than a 5 year old GIRL trying to describe the monster in her closet Tom.
Walk in your shoes???
LOL!!!
Walk in mine asshat. There's SCORES of people whom have had to face some form of adversity including myself LOSER. Most don't go crying into momma's arms every God damned time they move on and make the world happen. You gays are the BIGGEST crying BITCHES I know.
What heinous obstacles have gays had to face here??? Being denied a wedding cake in one place out of a million.
OH...THE HORROR!!!!!!!!!!
LOL!!!
You're a SAD lot. I mean SAD.
And Jesus Christ??? As far as I'm concerned Jesus Christ, Moses, Nate the hot dog vendor and the guy 3 houses down from your MOMMA'S house has nothing to do with it.
If some feel you go against your religion so be it. They probably go against yours. Yahoo Tom.
Grow some balls boy.
Denver Dan

Sacramento, CA

#4193 Jan 5, 2014
TomInElPaso wrote:
Drunk so early in the day? No wonder your wife left you.
<quoted text>
LOL!!!

Riiiiiiiiiight.

What else am I?

A heroin addict???

Idiot.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#4194 Jan 5, 2014
The OP referred to bakers all over the country. Keep up.

In more and more places, the law says we can be anywhere anyone else can be. Break the law, get punished.

Country bars are ripe pickin's on weekends, when those lonely, horny men need a helpin' hand...or more. As they say, the difference between a straight guy and a gay guy is a few beers.

Drag queens are entertainers. You're thinking of transvestites, who get a sexual thrill from wearing women's clothes...and who are virtually all straight.

I don't mate in public, but I've seen a lot of heteros rutting al fresco.
Denver Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!!!
LOL!!!!
Geeezus already.
Too much to ask???

Indianapolis

#4195 Jan 5, 2014
Homophobia is a psychological term referring to unbased fear, hatred, or disgust of homosexuals. That's a FACT.
Denver Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Fact.
Denver Dan

Sacramento, CA

#4196 Jan 5, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
The OP referred to bakers all over the country. Keep up.
In more and more places, the law says we can be anywhere anyone else can be. Break the law, get punished.
Country bars are ripe pickin's on weekends, when those lonely, horny men need a helpin' hand...or more. As they say, the difference between a straight guy and a gay guy is a few beers.
Drag queens are entertainers. You're thinking of transvestites, who get a sexual thrill from wearing women's clothes...and who are virtually all straight.
<quoted text>
Brother...you're so far off the market it's crazy...LOL!!!

All you gay men have this bizarre idea a straight man will become gay should the opportunity arise.

I'd put big money on seeing you try to get some loving off a cowboy in a country bar. All I'd ask from you is for you to sign a waiver and a contact number for your next of kin.

We've got a few country bars out here I used to hit. One down in Clovis, CA and another one in San Jose.

You'd be on the floor unconscious or worse missing teeth and the straight alignment of your nose within seconds of putting on your best moves cupcake...LOL!!!

Drag queens are entertainers for the freakish friend.

As far as you thinking you can be anywhere you want - you can. Just remember to behave punk.

And the displays of sexuality in public?? One gay "pride" parade has more sick, disgusting views to it than a gay orgy. End of story buttercup.

Indianapolis

#4197 Jan 5, 2014
From your own source:

ho·mo·pho·bi·a
1. Fear of or contempt for lesbians and gay men.
2. Behavior based on such a feeling.
Denver Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
Wrong sunshine;
Definition of 'phobia';
pho-bi-a
n.
1. A persistent, abnormal, and irrational fear of a specific thing or situation that compels one to avoid it, despite the awareness and reassurance that it is not dangerous.
2. A strong fear, dislike, or aversion.
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/phobia
---Not scared of gays cupcake. Never was. Being scared of gays would be akin to being scared of horse carcasses rotting under the sun. You just avoid them for what they are.
LOL!!!
Denver Dan

Sacramento, CA

#4198 Jan 5, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
Homophobia is a psychological term referring to unbased fear, hatred, or disgust of homosexuals. That's a FACT.
<quoted text>
It's an invented wording to ease the minds of gays into thinking everyone who avoids anything gay, including your disgusting acts during your parades, should fall under a blanket term.

It was adopting as an actual word in the 80's I believe by Webster's.

And if you read the description you might realize it calls for an 'irrational' fear or aversion from gays.

Well sweetness...when you see two hairy men lip lock and grab each other's asses as if they were hungry amoeba I'd say any aversion to that is totally rational.

LOL!!!!!
Denver Dan

Sacramento, CA

#4199 Jan 5, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well...that's a convenient claim.
Denver Dan

Sacramento, CA

#4200 Jan 5, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
From your own source:
ho·mo·pho·bi·a
1. Fear of or contempt for lesbians and gay men.
2. Behavior based on such a feeling.
<quoted text>
Funny...

...but if I held such great 'contempt' for gays why then would I have supported the idea they should be able to get married all these years.

Idiot.

Fact is all I've asked from you is respect given to heterosexuals in turn for the respect you demand.

And you can't seem to give it can you fluffy?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 41 min Frankie Rizzo 14,712
Maybe god is gay! (Dec '09) 47 min June VanDerMark 10,956
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 54 min Frankie Rizzo 38,461
News Excited by Trump, gay Republicans struggle with... 1 hr Frankie Rizzo 120
News NBA Moves All-Star Game Out of North Carolina O... 1 hr Xstain Mullah Aroma 48
News Doritos makes rainbow chips in support of gay r... (Sep '15) 2 hr guest 178
Is Fa-Foxy a Catholic? 2 hr Wally 423
More from around the web