Arkansas Defends Gay Marriage Ban as ...

Arkansas Defends Gay Marriage Ban as Hearing Nears

There are 10 comments on the EDGE story from Mar 21, 2014, titled Arkansas Defends Gay Marriage Ban as Hearing Nears. In it, EDGE reports that:

Opponents and supporters of Arkansas' ban on gay marriage are sparring in court filings over whether the state's constitutional amendment barring same-sex marriage serves a legitimate purpose and can be challenged at the state level.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at EDGE.

david traversa

Cordoba, Argentina

#1 Mar 21, 2014
Sounds they're talking about darkest Africa .. shameful for the so-called " sweet land of liberty " ..

“TO HATE SOMEONE SIMPLY FOR WHO”

Since: Aug 08

THEY ARE IS WRONG!!!

#2 Mar 21, 2014
Well if Arkansas can prove their argument, then they'd be the first, but I sincerely DOUBT they will and like all the other States will lose this case and they just DON'T want to admit that!!!

I mean really, how many times can you use the same argument and expect a different result?

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#3 Mar 21, 2014
From the state that PROUDLY brought you Whitewater and DADT.! "Since we can't employ it against our military anymore, we PROUDLY employ it against our high school kids !:)"

And from those WONDERFUL people who was a creator of, and a PROUD sponsor of, that mini-series called "THE CIVIL WAR", starring Jefferson Davis and Robert E. Lee, and we STILL keep that WONDERFUL tradition alive by marrying our sisters and wondering what the word "shoes" means.:)

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#4 Mar 21, 2014
NorCal Native wrote:
Well if Arkansas can prove their argument, then they'd be the first, but I sincerely DOUBT they will and like all the other States will lose this case and they just DON'T want to admit that!!!
I mean really, how many times can you use the same argument and expect a different result?
They must prove the following.

1. Same sex marriage harms opposite sex marriage.

2. The state has a compelling interest to deny same sex couple marriage equality due to the preceding statement.

They will waste a great deal of time and money ultimately failing.
david traversa

Cordoba, Argentina

#5 Mar 21, 2014
NorCal Native wrote:
Right ! Seems like a bigot knows no possible likeliness of defeat .. even when so obviously defeated .. that's what the discerning call false pride, surely .

THEY ARE IS WRONG!!!

#6 Mar 21, 2014
david traversa wrote:
<quoted text>Right ! Seems like a bigot knows no possible likeliness of defeat .. even when so obviously defeated .. that's what the discerning call false pride, surely .
I totally agree with ya.......I mean there is no concept that they can grasp to show them this is a bad idea.......but then, look who runs theses States!!!

“ WOOF ! ”

Coolidge, AZ

#7 Mar 21, 2014
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
I totally agree with ya.......I mean there is no concept that they can grasp to show them this is a bad idea.......but then, look who runs theses States!!!
Not a very good argument for democracy.

THEY ARE IS WRONG!!!

#8 Mar 21, 2014
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
Not a very good argument for democracy.
We DON'T live in a Democracy, do we? I mean you with your Constitutional Scholar education should know that!!!

“ WOOF ! ”

Coolidge, AZ

#9 Mar 21, 2014
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
We DON'T live in a Democracy, do we? I mean you with your Constitutional Scholar education should know that!!!
I meant democracy in general. we live in a democratic republic, and one of the main reasons for writing the Bill Of Rights was to PREVENT a "tyranny of the majority". Remember that when the U.S. Constitution was ratified, and for many decades after that, only about 6% of the population of the U.S. had a "right to vote".

and btw, speaking of that, a federal court ruled the other day that Arizona and Kansas had a right to restrict voting to those with photo ID. except for very limited circumstances, it is the STATES that are in charge of setting requirements for being legally eligible to vote.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#10 Mar 21, 2014
NorCal Native wrote:
Ask any alcoholic-addict. Endless.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Is Polygamy the Next Gay Marriage? (Sep '14) 11 min Rocker 8,232
News Same-sex marriage fight turns to clerk who refu... 12 min Wondering 1,856
News How is it that cake became a favourite platform... 14 min Wondering 17
News Feds release updated strategy against AIDS in A... 18 min Wondering 19
News Craig James Sues Fox Sports Alleging Network Fi... 22 min Butters 5
News How a small Ind. town became a gay rights battl... 22 min Sneaky Pete 11
News LGBTQ parade Sunday draws crowds, support 27 min Buford 4
News Supreme Court extends gay marriage nationwide 2 hr PointBlankPeriod 1,265
More from around the web