Liberace Biopic Too Gay For Studios

Jan 6, 2013 | Posted by: Sei | Full story: lezgetreal.com

“That’s so gay”. Apparently, that is the message from the studios with regards to “Behind the Candelabra”, the much anticipated biopic about Liberace. Well, actually the message appears to have been not so much “that’s so gay” as “that’s too gay.”

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 18 of18
SLIF

Scarborough, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

Has anybody here gone on Bobs World Of Liberace?

“... from a ...”

Since: Mar 09

GREAT HEIGHT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

Liberace gave Liberace a bad name.

I mean, how do you do camp of what's already over-the-top camp.

He was a one-man gay "Amos 'n Andy".

Since: Apr 11

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

Liberace was gay?
david traversa

Tucuman, Argentina

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

Degrees of gayness..? A dreadfully middle-class sentiment if I ever heard one.. And I see nobody's very worried about degrees of violence and vulgarity in movies nowadays.. Laughable, to say the least..

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

snyper wrote:
Liberace gave Liberace a bad name.
I mean, how do you do camp of what's already over-the-top camp.
He was a one-man gay "Amos 'n Andy".
I saw his show once in Las Vegas. Oh, LORD, was that ever FUN! I mean his huge personality filled that stage with him doing nothing but sitting on the edge of the stage chatting. Then he drove out in a mirrored limo, then flew over the audience. Everyone knew, no one cared and this was about 1979 or so.

The movie was shot on location here in Palm Springs this last summer. They had a load of vintage cars and shot on his real street and at the church he attended. I cannot WAIT to see it!

I'm sorry he felt the need to be so closeted. It was his because of his time. I would hope if he were around today, he could be more open. But, I doubt if his over the top persona would be popular today. He was the first glamor rock performer.

All shocking stage performers owe Liberace a debt of gratitude. Lady Gaga is our version of him.
JrEsq

El Segundo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Any degree of homosexuality is unfit for public viewing.

“... from a ...”

Since: Mar 09

GREAT HEIGHT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>I saw his show once in Las Vegas. Oh, LORD, was that ever FUN! I mean his huge personality filled that stage with him doing nothing but sitting on the edge of the stage chatting. Then he drove out in a mirrored limo, then flew over the audience. Everyone knew, no one cared and this was about 1979 or so.
The movie was shot on location here in Palm Springs this last summer. They had a load of vintage cars and shot on his real street and at the church he attended. I cannot WAIT to see it!
I'm sorry he felt the need to be so closeted. It was his because of his time. I would hope if he were around today, he could be more open. But, I doubt if his over the top persona would be popular today. He was the first glamor rock performer.
All shocking stage performers owe Liberace a debt of gratitude. Lady Gaga is our version of him.
I understand. It's just that the stereotypical gay clown sets my teeth on edge, as did the way he used the Courts to lie.
Jane DoDo

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

JrEsq wrote:
How's that working out?

Since: Dec 08

Toronto, ON, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

I went to the Liberace museum in Vegas before it was closed. It was a lot of fun. In addition to all the campy stuff he had a very interesting collection of historical pianos.

I really don't think Michael Douglas looks much like him, though.
SLIF

Scarborough, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

JohnInToronto wrote:
I went to the Liberace museum in Vegas before it was closed. It was a lot of fun. In addition to all the campy stuff he had a very interesting collection of historical pianos.
I really don't think Michael Douglas looks much like him, though.
Michael Douglas should start worry about his son that's in prison, his cancer,and his bipolar wife.
SLIF

Scarborough, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

God,it must have been great to make,$55,000 per week.

Palm Springs, California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

JrEsq wrote:
It beats living in that squalid El Segundo.

“Unconvinced”

Since: Nov 09

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

JrEsq wrote:
Yet here you are, on schedule.
Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

you know it wrote:
<quoted text>
Appropriate name for a shiteater. DoDo
Typical retard. It's dough dough. Jesus..........
straight shooter

Bellows Falls, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>
Typical retard. It's dough dough. Jesus..........
you spelled it wrong and now you have crap for a last name...we all think it suits you...
Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

straight shooter wrote:
<quoted text>
you spelled it wrong and now you have crap for a last name...we all think it suits you...
We??? Who is this "we?" Do you have a mouse in your pocket?

"Straight" shooter trolling the gay forums... how exciting.

Since: Oct 10

San Francisco

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>It beats living in that squalid El Segundo.
What a waste of oceanfront real estate that place is, but it can't be beat for fine dining. As I recall, they have both an IHOP AND a Sizzler.

Palm Springs, California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

GoldenGator wrote:
<quoted text>
What a waste of oceanfront real estate that place is, but it can't be beat for fine dining. As I recall, they have both an IHOP AND a Sizzler.
Hey, I've actually BEEN to that Sizzler! Nothing beats a salad bar for $7.95!

El Segundo! Where LA Airport bound planes dump their "blue ice" before landing. The city calls the blue ice "Midnight Blue Crystals of beauty".

the ONLY cool thing in that entire town is a small silent movie theater which shows old movies with an organ player accompanying them. I say they DID have it. I haven't lived in Redondo Beach, which is about 5 miles from E.S., in over 12 years, so have no idea if it is still there.

Their ONLY claim to fame is the old movie "The Asphalt Jungle" with Glenn Ford was shot at El Segundo High School, but that was about 1958 or so.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 18 of18
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••