Magnet Metaphor Proves It: Gay Attrac...

Magnet Metaphor Proves It: Gay Attraction 'Unnatural'

There are 94 comments on the EDGE story from Sep 15, 2013, titled Magnet Metaphor Proves It: Gay Attraction 'Unnatural'. In it, EDGE reports that:

Member's of the faculty at Nigeria's University of Lagos has reportedly embraced a post-graduate student's scientific proof that same sex attraction between men or between women is "unnatural."

Join the discussion below, or Read more at EDGE.

achyfi

Federal Way, WA

#74 Sep 19, 2013
Just becauses a male dog humps another male dog doesn't Mean its a gay dog. there's no such thing as a gay dog when a male dog humps another male dog he only does it becauses he's horny not becauses he's a male dog If there were lesbian animals then maybe the gays would have an arguement for it being natural but there's no such thing as lesbian dogs. Horses. Cats. etc. But when a male dog trys to hump a male humans leg he doesn't look at him saying to itself he's a guy I am gonna hump him becauses he's a male no he only does it becauses he's horny . So being a gay person is a human choice not natures choice.

Since: Dec 08

Toronto, ON, Canada

#75 Sep 19, 2013
Florida Gator wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell him [email protected], you're not satisfied with just smelling other men's asshoIes, you like l!cking them.
Better to lick one than to be one, sweetie pie.

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

#76 Sep 19, 2013
achyfi wrote:
Just becauses a male dog humps another male dog doesn't Mean its a gay dog. there's no such thing as a gay dog when a male dog humps another male dog he only does it becauses he's horny not becauses he's a male dog If there were lesbian animals then maybe the gays would have an arguement for it being natural but there's no such thing as lesbian dogs. Horses. Cats. etc. But when a male dog trys to hump a male humans leg he doesn't look at him saying to itself he's a guy I am gonna hump him becauses he's a male no he only does it becauses he's horny . So being a gay person is a human choice not natures choice.
There ARE documented lesbian parings in the animal world. Penguins, albatrosses, giraffes, even butterflies. There are also male animals who team up and become partners with like male animals. Do 20 seconds of research on the internet before posting as you do.
achyfi

Federal Way, WA

#77 Sep 19, 2013
Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>There ARE documented lesbian parings in the animal world. Penguins, albatrosses, giraffes, even butterflies. There are also male animals who team up and become partners with like male animals. Do 20 seconds of research on the internet before posting as you do.
that means nothing. Every so called research will always be challange by another research that says that ain't true. What's natural will not be challange but what isn't proven truthful will be. And lesbianism wouldn't just be to a selected few in the animal kingdom. It would affect all species in the animal kingdom. Just don't Believe something becauses you want to believe it. Believe it becauses its true
justanotherwanke r

Brooklyn, NY

#78 Sep 19, 2013
Mystifies me why anyone cares what other people find attractive.
lagosmyass

Brooklyn, NY

#79 Sep 19, 2013
In another Lagos study, the Velcro metaphor was used to prove that homosexual activity is not natural. The study showed that two hook strips and 2 loop strips were never ever to connect, however all hook strips were in fact able to correctly mate with all loop strips. Dr Mipenni Issmalla commended the students and then they celebrated by roasting a visiting Liberian in goat milk. Next they plan a study using male and female cable plugs.
Sterkfontein Swartkrans

Doylestown, PA

#80 Sep 19, 2013
Given the fact that the average sub Saharan african has an IQ between 75 and 85 this is not surprising!
Florida Gator

Chesapeake, OH

#81 Sep 19, 2013
Sterkfontein Swartkrans wrote:
Given the fact that the average sub Saharan african has an IQ between 75 and 85 this is not surprising!
Your mental illness is getting the best of you, [email protected]
Neil An Blowme

Hoboken, NJ

#82 Sep 19, 2013
achyfi wrote:
<quoted text>that means nothing. Every so called research will always be challange by another research that says that ain't true. What's natural will not be challange but what isn't proven truthful will be. And lesbianism wouldn't just be to a selected few in the animal kingdom. It would affect all species in the animal kingdom. Just don't Believe something becauses you want to believe it. Believe it becauses its true
I believe what has been proven by Science. Homosexual behavior has been observed in EVERY SINGLE species of animal that reproduces sexually. Guess that satisfies your statement, eh?

Congratulations! You PROVED it.
Neil An Blowme

Hoboken, NJ

#83 Sep 19, 2013
Florida Gator wrote:
<quoted text>
Your mental illness is getting the best of you, [email protected]
Since the 1970s, the consensus of the behavioral and social sciences and the health and mental health professions globally is that homosexuality is a normal variation of human sexual orientation. In 1973, the American Psychiatric Association declassified homosexuality as a mental disorder. The American Psychological Association Council of Representatives followed in 1975. Thereafter other major mental health organizations followed and it was finally declassified by the World Health Organization in 1990. Consequently, while some still believe homosexuality is a mental disorder, the current research and clinical literature demonstrate that same-sex sexual and romantic attractions, feelings, and behaviors are normal and positive variations of human sexuality, reflecting the official positions of the American Psychiatric Association and the American Psychological Association.

Have you been asleep for 40 years, closet boy?
achyfi

United States

#84 Sep 19, 2013
Neil An Blowme wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe what has been proven by Science. Homosexual behavior has been observed in EVERY SINGLE species of animal that reproduces sexually. Guess that satisfies your statement, eh?
Congratulations! You PROVED it.
the only thing you have proven to us. Is that you are a liar
Neil An Blowme

Hoboken, NJ

#85 Sep 19, 2013
achyfi wrote:
<quoted text>the only thing you have proven to us. Is that you are a liar
Mkay..... we know you fundie types think Science is a lie.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_animals_...

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/04/04/magazine/04...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexual_behav...

Here's an interesting tidbit: The observation of homosexual behavior in animals can be seen as both an argument for and against the acceptance of homosexuality in humans, and has been used especially against the claim that it is a peccatum contra naturam ('sin against nature'). For instance, homosexuality in animals was cited in the United States Supreme Court's decision in Lawrence v. Texas which struck down the sodomy laws of 14 states.

OOoops...... looks like you are uninformed, and probably on purpose.
achyfi

Seattle, WA

#86 Sep 19, 2013
Once again you fail to state that theses are opinions and theories and not facts. For every so called study that says one thing there's always one that says the opposite. Opinions are not facts. Its just like a person whom says I believe in ghosts then you say. well I don't then they say something like I know I saw one. All of a sudden the belief turns to a I know. So people in the future to win an argument it doesn't help your case or a belief with a lie. Many believe in the big bang but the big bang is still an opinion not a fact. There's science then there's true science and this is just junk science

Since: Apr 08

Cleveland, OH

#87 Sep 19, 2013
achyfi wrote:
Once again you fail to state that theses are opinions and theories and not facts. For every so called study that says one thing there's always one that says the opposite. Opinions are not facts. Its just like a person whom says I believe in ghosts then you say. well I don't then they say something like I know I saw one. All of a sudden the belief turns to a I know. So people in the future to win an argument it doesn't help your case or a belief with a lie. Many believe in the big bang but the big bang is still an opinion not a fact. There's science then there's true science and this is just junk science
You've illustrated exactly why so many people say science education in the USA is severely lacking. You obviously haven't the first clue about what science is or involves.
Florida Gator

Chesapeake, OH

#88 Sep 19, 2013
Neil An Blowme wrote:
<quoted text>Since the 1970s, the consensus of the behavioral and social sciences and the health and mental health professions globally is that homosexuality is a normal variation of human sexual orientation. In 1973, the American Psychiatric Association declassified homosexuality as a mental disorder. The American Psychological Association Council of Representatives followed in 1975. Thereafter other major mental health organizations followed and it was finally declassified by the World Health Organization in 1990. Consequently, while some still believe homosexuality is a mental disorder, the current research and clinical literature demonstrate that same-sex sexual and romantic attractions, feelings, and behaviors are normal and positive variations of human sexuality, reflecting the official positions of the American Psychiatric Association and the American Psychological Association.

Have you been asleep for 40 years, closet boy?
It was NEVER proved that queers were not mentally ill. Just because they declassified it doesn't mean it wasn't so. Just like today, people go along with letting you freaks believe you're normal so it doesn't hurt them politically. It's sad that people aren't free to express there beliefs without repercussions.
achyfi

United States

#89 Sep 19, 2013
Gay And Proud wrote:
<quoted text>
You've illustrated exactly why so many people say science education in the USA is severely lacking. You obviously haven't the first clue about what science is or involves.
you don't win arguements with insults. you win it with facts And just becauses someone disagrees with what you believe in. What a sore loser

Since: Apr 08

Cleveland, OH

#90 Sep 20, 2013
achyfi wrote:
<quoted text>you don't win arguements with insults. you win it with facts And just becauses someone disagrees with what you believe in. What a sore loser
The cold hard fact is you've proven here that you wouldn't know science if it bit you on the ass. Science has nothing to do with opinions and everything to do with provable fact. The mere existence of a contrary claim does not disprove anything -- only the existence of contrary fact can disprove a theory.

Here's a clue- by- four for you about science (and the glaring red flag that proves you're ignorant): in science, a theory is an explanation that has been proven true by facts and experimentation. It's not an opinion. It's true regardless if anyone believes in it or not.

And once science disproves a claim you'd be an absolute idiot to insist on clinging to that false idea. Science doesn't care how cherished that disproven claim might be -- science is about facts.
Neil An Blowme

Hoboken, NJ

#91 Sep 20, 2013
achyfi wrote:
Once again you fail to state that theses are opinions and theories and not facts. For every so called study that says one thing there's always one that says the opposite. Opinions are not facts. Its just like a person whom says I believe in ghosts then you say. well I don't then they say something like I know I saw one. All of a sudden the belief turns to a I know. So people in the future to win an argument it doesn't help your case or a belief with a lie. Many believe in the big bang but the big bang is still an opinion not a fact. There's science then there's true science and this is just junk science
You have the intellect of a dog pecker gnat. You couldn't recognize 'true' science if it bit you on the ass.

Observing animals engaged in homosexual behavior is NOT an opinion, dumbass. It is observable behavior. It's obvious you've never been around sheep. Ask ANY sheep farmer.... they'll tell you some rams are gay. It's NOT a theory, it's FACT.

p.s. The Big Bang did happen. Just because you don't understand the math that proves it doesn't mean it didn't happen... it means you are 'intellectually challenged.'
Neil An Blowme

Hoboken, NJ

#92 Sep 20, 2013
Florida Gator wrote:
<quoted text>
It was NEVER proved that queers were not mentally ill.
Yes, it was. Then breakthrough study was by Dr. Evelyn Hooker in 1957.

What makes you think you can get away with telling such an obvious lie, closet boy?
Neil An Blowme

Hoboken, NJ

#93 Sep 20, 2013
achyfi wrote:
<quoted text>you don't win arguements with insults. you win it with facts And just becauses someone disagrees with what you believe in. What a sore loser
Any FACT you don't like you call a theory.

Why not test the theory of gravity? Go jump off a bridge and see if gravity is a fact or a theory. Go ahead, oh clueless one. Jump.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 1 min Jonah1 18,284
Poll I troll the gay/lesbian forum because... (Dec '08) 2 min Left of centre 36
Come out of the closet... 10 min Left of centre 6
News Doritos makes rainbow chips in support of gay r... (Sep '15) 26 min guest 259
News Transgender stories: when you are born in the w... 31 min Left of centre 20
News 10 Reasons Why You Should Help Fight Biphobia i... 35 min WeTheSheeple 35
News Priests and nuns hold bizarre ceremony to 'puri... 1 hr Joseph 7
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 2 hr Respect71 40,266
So whips the forum sniveler?.. 3 hr Left of centre 6
The gay cafe for GLBT, friends and family (Oct '09) 4 hr Left of centre 68,990
More from around the web