Banning gay marriage would boost economic growth, activist says

Aug 3, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: NewscastMedia.com

Scott, the state director for Concerned Women of America told the crowd, "It costs you, the taxpayer, as high as $280 billion a year for fragmented families, according to the Family Research Council." Scott was citing a study from the D.C.-based Christian political association from May 2009.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 16 of16
Bob

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Aug 3, 2010
 

Judged:

3

1

1

I would think a ban on christianity would be a bigger economic boost!

Since: Feb 07

Lansdale, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Aug 3, 2010
 

Judged:

2

2

2

The study they are referring to talks about the cost of divorce and un-wed parenthood. There is no mention of Same Sex marriage or its possible contributions to the economy and society. The real report is here http://www.marriagedebate.com/pdf/ec_div.pdf

This report is about the Heterosexual inability to keep it in their pants.

Since: Jun 08

San Antonio, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Aug 3, 2010
 

Judged:

1

Bob wrote:
I would think a ban on christianity would be a bigger economic boost!
No, we shouldn't ban Christianity or any religion but it should be taxed like everyone else. If the wing-nuts are truly concerned about fractured families, ban divorce. Of course if all divorces were rescinded, then a lot of them would become polygamists.

Since: May 09

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Aug 3, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Talk about shooting one’s self in the foot. For two days now the bigots have been badmouthing dysfunctional, broken families. Those are heterosexual families! They are doing this at rallies that are suppose to be about banning gay marriage. When in fact they are making the case for gay marriage. Every time gay couples pick up children abandoned by the dysfunctional heterosexual families they are reliving the tax payers of that burden. We are, by nature loving people. That is one of the things that set us apart from so many heterosexuals. We have buckets of love to give those kids that their biological parents could not. And for the benefit of the filthy minded bigots that are cruising here and fantasize about pedophilia. That love is NOT sexual.

“Homosapien ”

Since: Jan 07

Minneapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Aug 3, 2010
 

Judged:

2

There is no end to the lies of the right wing, does "thou shall not lie" mean nothing to them and if it doesn't why do they take the moniker of christians?

Since: Nov 08

Vinton, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Aug 3, 2010
 

Judged:

3

Banning Concerned Women of America would be beneficial to small children, animals and all other living things.
jaxxy313

Jacksonville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Aug 3, 2010
 

Judged:

3

1

1

YOU the taxpayer??? don't gay people have to pay taxes too..wow..i didn't know we were excluded from THAT..nice!!! Actually, all humans have families..wouldn't you say..mothers fathers brothers sisters..it goes on and on.. we were not hatched from eggs!!
AND..isn't a "fragmented family" a family too..fragmented as it may be?? where is your perfect christian family located??? i wonder if they have any evil gays hiding in the branches of their family trees??
I think this whole movement to marginalize us and make us "things" rather than somebodies son or daughter, brother or sister is the insidious part that will get into peoples heads eventually..i hope not...but probably.

“Marriage Equality”

Since: Dec 07

Lakeland, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Aug 3, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

It just goes to prove that there's no logic at all with those people when it comes to hating others. Their "arguments" don't even make any sense, but that doesn't matter, does it?

It also shows that they're grasping at straws to come up with "arguments" against equal rights for their fellow citizens.

Sadly, it also shows how incredibly ignorant and driven they and their followers are if they'll forgo all reality to support their hate. That's the scary part....
Skeptical

Perryville, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Aug 3, 2010
 

Judged:

1

If we would correct the breakdown of the family by 1 percent, we could save the taxpayer $3 billion a year,” Scott said.“An easy fix and a better fix long term for our children. When the family is healthy, the community benefits. When the family is hurting, society will pay the cost one way or another. We can fix this economic downturn very easily by fixing some hearts.
Remember kids, breakdown of family structures hurt our economy, and end up costing you in tax dollars.

Oh, and apparantly this has little to nothing to do with divorce and everything to do with gay marriage, so let's protest that.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Aug 3, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Why not ban straight marriages too then it would really boost the economy. Why is everything always at the expense of gay people?

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Aug 3, 2010
 

Judged:

1

jaxxy313 wrote:
YOU the taxpayer??? don't gay people have to pay taxes too..wow..i didn't know we were excluded from THAT..nice!!! Actually, all humans have families..wouldn't you say..mothers fathers brothers sisters..it goes on and on.. we were not hatched from eggs!!
AND..isn't a "fragmented family" a family too..fragmented as it may be?? where is your perfect christian family located??? i wonder if they have any evil gays hiding in the branches of their family trees??
I think this whole movement to marginalize us and make us "things" rather than somebodies son or daughter, brother or sister is the insidious part that will get into peoples heads eventually..i hope not...but probably.
I guess they should give us gays tax breaks then or we shouldn't have to pay taxes at all. I live near Jacksonville. I know how gay people are treated in this part of the U.S.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Aug 3, 2010
 

Judged:

1

Yobyag wrote:
The study they are referring to talks about the cost of divorce and un-wed parenthood. There is no mention of Same Sex marriage or its possible contributions to the economy and society. The real report is here http://www.marriagedebate.com/pdf/ec_div.pdf
This report is about the Heterosexual inability to keep it in their pants.
I think the bigots are doing what would be called scapegoating. They created these problems but want to shift the blame to the gays. Typical bigots!

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Aug 3, 2010
 
Yes, America! You too can become another Branson, MO......all white (with the exception of Arthur Duncan), all Christian, all heterosexual community.

Oh wait.....Branson isn't doing too well, is it?

Too bad. It seems a nice place to visit but I wouldn't want to live there. I always wanted to see Jo Ann Castle:

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

(And they say we're freaky!)

Since: Feb 08

Iowa City, Ia.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Aug 3, 2010
 

Judged:

2

And banning slavery back in 1861 also was "hard on the economy" boohoohoo.

Oh and, just for the record, Iowa has had a ton of marriages since we legalized gay marriage, and two new wedding-related businesses in my town alone (that i am aware of) have opened. I don't have the exact figure on hand, but it was estimated that Iowa earned 5-10million in travel tourism from gay marriage alone. Bad for the economy? Lolno.

One, it's not true. Sorry, look at Iowa. Kthxbai.
Two, money shouldn't be a consideration in freedom.
Three, by this logic, banning divorce would actually be much more economically viable.

Since: Feb 07

Lansdale, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Aug 3, 2010
 

Judged:

1

equalityboy81 wrote:
<quoted text>
I think the bigots are doing what would be called scapegoating. They created these problems but want to shift the blame to the gays. Typical bigots!
Much as I hate lowering my IQ to their level of thought, I can only assume they are trying to make the argument that creating more marriages would in turn create more fractured families. But since they also make the argument that same sex couples cannot conceive children, then there is no family (under their definition) to fracture. It all very circular head-spinning "logic"

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Aug 3, 2010
 

Judged:

1

Yobyag wrote:
<quoted text>
Much as I hate lowering my IQ to their level of thought, I can only assume they are trying to make the argument that creating more marriages would in turn create more fractured families. But since they also make the argument that same sex couples cannot conceive children, then there is no family (under their definition) to fracture. It all very circular head-spinning "logic"
No one should listen to NOM because they are a hate group whether they'd like to believe that themselves or not.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 16 of16
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

88 Users are viewing the Gay/Lesbian Forum right now

Search the Gay/Lesbian Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Petition Started to Encourage Southern Poverty ... 3 min Supercalafradgelistic 6
Gay Bishop Gene Robinson Leads White House East... 5 min Big Boob Babe 17
Church Leaders Vow Political Backlash if Gay Ma... (Jan '13) 7 min Wondering 17,499
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 8 min Pietro Armando 39,479
Chick-fil-A wings in new direction after gay flap 9 min Fundies R Mentally Eel 195
Harvey Milk Stamp to Debut at The White House 12 min Moral Truth 14
Finland's New Homoerotic Stamps 15 min Curteese 59
Axe Murder and Cannibalism and Graham Crackers,... 27 min Wondering 32
Are You Sick Of Queers "Coming Out"? (Aug '13) 2 hr BILLSDOLLAR 123
•••
•••
•••
•••