Ben Carson Issues Apology After Schoo...

Ben Carson Issues Apology After School Publically Rebukes Him

There are 7 comments on the lezgetreal.com story from Apr 5, 2013, titled Ben Carson Issues Apology After School Publically Rebukes Him. In it, lezgetreal.com reports that:

Dr. Ben Carson has issued an actual apology for his remarks comparing same-sex marriage to pedophilia. It is unclear if his statements will mollify anyone

Join the discussion below, or Read more at lezgetreal.com.

“Common courtesy, isn't”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#1 Apr 5, 2013
I have less and less respect for Ben Carson as this story continues to play out. Even as a kid, I hated false apologies. When Johnny would spit out a grudging "I'm sorry" to Billy, I'd see Johnny's dad twisting his arm and figure that Johnny didn't mean a word he was saying.

Same with Carson. Adults in his position, at his level, don't "accidentally" use racial epithets or bash gay people or denigrate women. When they do, it's because their guard is down, and they're blurting out what they believe in their heart of hearts.

I'd much rather see Carson man up and say, "I meant what I said. Get off my back," than to play dumb and declare, "Oh, my goodness gracious! I never meant to hurt anybody's feelings. That's just not who I am." That's exactly who he is.
Chance

Grove City, PA

#2 Apr 5, 2013
"It is clear that the fundamental principle of freedom of expression has been placed in conflict with our core values of diversity, inclusion and respect.

So it is apparent that freedom at Johns Hopkins has been squashed by political correctness of the most vile sort. One day it will occur to gays that everybody blames them for the loss of our freedoms and for our new lifestyles under tyranny.

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

#3 Apr 5, 2013
Otter in the Ozarks wrote:
I have less and less respect for Ben Carson as this story continues to play out. Even as a kid, I hated false apologies. When Johnny would spit out a grudging "I'm sorry" to Billy, I'd see Johnny's dad twisting his arm and figure that Johnny didn't mean a word he was saying.
Same with Carson. Adults in his position, at his level, don't "accidentally" use racial epithets or bash gay people or denigrate women. When they do, it's because their guard is down, and they're blurting out what they believe in their heart of hearts.
I'd much rather see Carson man up and say, "I meant what I said. Get off my back," than to play dumb and declare, "Oh, my goodness gracious! I never meant to hurt anybody's feelings. That's just not who I am." That's exactly who he is.
Ben Carson is the latest in a series of loose cannons garnering attention from the right wing of the Republican Party and from the reckless Teapublicans in particular. I suspect that the Republican Party conducts a great deal of affirmative action whenever they find a visible member of a minority who is willing to carry their water. People like Ben Carson, Alan West, Herman Caine would never advance in politics unless they appealed to a group desperate to prove their "inclusiveness."

That's okay, though. Promoting people like Carson is the fastest route to remaking a new party to replace the Republicans.

Since: Feb 10

Woodstock, Illinois

#4 Apr 6, 2013
Chance wrote:
"It is clear that the fundamental principle of freedom of expression has been placed in conflict with our core values of diversity, inclusion and respect.
So it is apparent that freedom at Johns Hopkins has been squashed by political correctness of the most vile sort. One day it will occur to gays that everybody blames them for the loss of our freedoms and for our new lifestyles under tyranny.
You do not understand that freedom. Expression is free for all, not just for people you happen to agree with. Mr. Carson is free to express his views to anyone who will listen, but so is the school and faculty, and everyone else for that matter. Freely express your views, just understand that there are often consequences to that expression.

The people who came out in favor of rights for homosexuals in the 60's through the 90's suffered the consequence for their views, in some cases, the loss of their lives. Now that most people realize that gay people are just ordinary people who deserve equal rights, the burden has shifted against the anti gay.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#5 Apr 6, 2013
nhjeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Ben Carson is the latest in a series of loose cannons garnering attention from the right wing of the Republican Party and from the reckless Teapublicans in particular. I suspect that the Republican Party conducts a great deal of affirmative action whenever they find a visible member of a minority who is willing to carry their water. People like Ben Carson, Alan West, Herman Caine would never advance in politics unless they appealed to a group desperate to prove their "inclusiveness."
That's okay, though. Promoting people like Carson is the fastest route to remaking a new party to replace the Republicans.
Strategic pot stirring.
Pete Moss

United States

#6 Apr 11, 2013
I think everyone needs to actually read Dr. Carson's remarks. No "comparison" was made. Still, as a former employee of JHU I can add that the institution is far too liberal for the likes of Carson. He did the right thing by withdrawing from their commencement exercises.

“Common courtesy, isn't”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#7 Apr 11, 2013
Pete Moss wrote:
I think everyone needs to actually read Dr. Carson's remarks. No "comparison" was made. Still, as a former employee of JHU I can add that the institution is far too liberal for the likes of Carson. He did the right thing by withdrawing from their commencement exercises.
Please sit down and rest a moment, Pete. Your head must be swimming from all that spinning.

We all read Dr. Carson's remarks, and of course a very derogatory comparison was made by association: "... no group, be they gays, be they NAMBLA, be they people who believe in bestiality ..."

A similar statement would be "... no group, be they African-Americans, be they welfare recipients, be they people who would rape our fine Southern white women ..."

Or wouldn't you find that racist in context?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The Grand Resort is Fort Lauderdale's premier g... 8 min Fred 1
News Long Beacha s colorful 35th Annual Lesbian and ... 13 min Imprtnrd 3
News Lyft driver in Indianapolis orders gay couple o... 1 hr NE Jade 12
The Spectrum Cafe (Dec '07) 2 hr Sachmo 28,159
News Gay veteran with a penchant for heels wins land... 2 hr the man 89
News The Fight for LGBT Equality in 2018 Will Be Fierce 3 hr the man 131
News Kansas' Jeff Colyer Signs Bill Allowing Adoptio... 9 hr Deano 6
News French minister Mounir Mahjoubi comes out as ga... 11 hr Frankie Rizzo 5
News Gay man wants to challenge clerk who denied mar... 14 hr Frankie Rizzo 14