What if Jesus were gay?

Jan 16, 2013 | Posted by: Rick in Kansas | Full story: www.abpnews.com

Wendell Berry has effectively stirred the pot. In my homestate, Kentucky, at my alma mater, Georgetown College, Berry spoke about gay marriage. He spoke to the cultural palpitations revealing a diseased spirit. Itís a spirit steeped in hate, and maligned by the cancer of an indignant indifference to the other.
Comments
1 - 16 of 16 Comments Last updated Feb 2, 2013
david traversa

Argentina

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Judged:

He only liked sailors, so he probably was.. He liked them so much he had learned to walk on water, so as to get there first..

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

Kinda surprised at only 1 comment, I found this article because right wing groups like the Media Resource Center were screaming bloody murder that the Baptist Press would dare print this heresy. I figured that the title alone would have driven our resident kooks nuts by now.
Anonymous

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

its more like What IF this Jesus character were REAL....

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

disgusted american wrote:
its more like What IF this Jesus character were REAL....
To those who believe, he is, whether anyone else agrees or not. You don't have to accept Jesus as real, but you do have to learn to accept that those who believe do. Unless you can produce incontrovertible proof that Jesus never existed and he is a work of fiction from the mind or minds of whoever, you have lost that argument with every last believer before you even start it and there will still be those you won't convince even with such proof.

“Equality First”

Since: Jan 09

St. Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

Reminds me of the thread that asked the question if Sherlock Holmes and Watson were gay. If the story is not about their sexuality, and the author doesn't tell you, it is unimportant. Same here.
Chance

Grove City, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

2 Peter 2
2 But there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the sovereign Lord who bought themóbringing swift destruction on themselves. 2 Many will follow their depraved conduct and will bring the way of truth into disrepute. 3 In their greed these teachers will exploit you with fabricated stories. Their condemnation has long been hanging over them, and their destruction has not been sleeping.

4 For if God did not spare angels when they sinned, but sent them to hell,[a] putting them in chains of darkness[b] to be held for judgment; 5 if he did not spare the ancient world when he brought the flood on its ungodly people, but protected Noah, a preacher of righteousness, and seven others; 6 if he condemned the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah by burning them to ashes, and made them an example of what is going to happen to the ungodly; 7 and if he rescued Lot, a righteous man, who was distressed by the depraved conduct of the lawless 8 (for that righteous man, living among them day after day, was tormented in his righteous soul by the lawless deeds he saw and heard)ó 9 if this is so, then the Lord knows how to rescue the godly from trials and to hold the unrighteous for punishment on the day of judgment. 10 This is especially true of those who follow the corrupt desire of the flesh[c] and despise authority.

Since: Dec 08

Toronto, ON, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

Perhaps if Jesus had been gay, David Moore would have been sexually abusing his mom rather than his kids. Chaos theory, you know.

Toronto, ON, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

The Worlds Biggest Lie wrote:
What if Hitler were gay?
God you people are desperate and selectively ignorant.
Then my relatives might have died in designer decorated "showers."

DUH, who cares what Hitler's sexuality was?
heartandmind

Moline, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

i think that one question would blow some poster's cortex right out of their pointy little heads and their hearts right out of their chests, if they even have hearts.

LOL.

Toronto, ON, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

Bob wrote:
<quoted text>Most famous mass murderers were homosexual. http://www.cstnews.com/Code/MassMurd.html
most trolls are disturbed lunatics who forgot to take their anti-psychotic medicine.
Eddie Haskel

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

Bob wrote:
<quoted text>Most famous mass murderers were homosexual. http://www.cstnews.com/Code/MassMurd.html
And once again you'd be wrong David from Pekin! The vast majority of serial killers were "White" heterosexuals in their 20's and 30's who suffered from some kind of anti-social personality disorder kind of like you David you silly nut job! LOL,Oh,just love your my space page with all the glittery day glo Jesus pic's!
(Davids my space page!) http://www.myspace.com/loveoneanother56

Heterosexual Mass murders! Enjoy,are you on the list David?

http://www.mayhem.net/Crime/serial1.html
david traversa

Buenos Aires, Argentina

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

Sam wrote:
<quoted text>There is good evidence to suggest that Hitler was indeed a homosexual.
It is a ludicrous lie to suggest that Jesus was.
But why is it "a ludicrous lie" and why cannot it be suggested? Many of the greatest figures in history have been.. Whether he was or not will always certainly be a matter of opinion and controversy given the enormous amount of time which separates us from him.. The known "facts" about his personal life are scant and contradictory except he never married, kept a very considerable distance from family ties and even expressed disapproval of it, and obviously (and natural at the time he lived in) preferred the company of men.. But what may make some people (I, for one) suspect is his quite extraordinary sensitivity and his compassion towards his fellow-man, even towards those who persecuted and, finally, executed him.. Nothing of the chauvinist in him at a time when males reigned supreme and it wouldn't have been in the least out of place.. "Some are born that way", said he of eunuchs.. a very revealing statement at a time when eunuchs were generally despised, fifth-class citizens.. Why should he have bothered except to send us a sort of coded message about himself?
Eddie Haskel

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

Sam wrote:
<quoted text>There is good evidence to suggest that Hitler was indeed a homosexual.
It is a ludicrous lie to suggest that Jesus was.
No,sorry but not so ludicrous at all! Lets take a look shall we? Jesus,(the man) might have been gay after all,who knows for sure!

Was Jesus a gay man?

www.alternet.org/belief/155118/was_jesus_gay_...

And.....
http://www.religioustolerance.org/chr_jegay.h...

“God made in the image of man”

Since: May 07

Sausalito, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

If the gospel accounts were to be taken as historical support for the existence of Jesus, then there are indeed compelling reasons to believe that Jesus might have been gay. Besides the fact that he never married and went about with twelve male companions, there is the claim by at least one of those disciples that he was more beloved by Jesus than the other 11 -- and he also happens to be the one who was allowed to recline 'against Jesus's bosom' at the Last Supper. Try and explain that one in modern terms and see how far you get!

If on the other hand you do not consider the gospel accounts to authentic historical records, the there was no historical Jesus, only a fictional character, and then it's a moot point, isn't it?
david traversa

Buenos Aires, Argentina

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

Umninimuzi wrote:
If the gospel accounts were to be taken as historical support for the existence of Jesus, then there are indeed compelling reasons to believe that Jesus might have been gay. Besides the fact that he never married and went about with twelve male companions, there is the claim by at least one of those disciples that he was more beloved by Jesus than the other 11 -- and he also happens to be the one who was allowed to recline 'against Jesus's bosom' at the Last Supper. Try and explain that one in modern terms and see how far you get!
If on the other hand you do not consider the gospel accounts to authentic historical records, the there was no historical Jesus, only a fictional character, and then it's a moot point, isn't it?
Sensational..! keep it up..

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

david traversa wrote:
He only liked sailors, so he probably was.. He liked them so much he had learned to walk on water, so as to get there first..
There's no way he's Gay. He got "busy" with Earth women while he was here. There's no way in the Universe would I represent God sending me to Earth experiencing supernatural Blue Balls in my pre-teen years. It makes no sense to have a man be sent to save humanity and not make use of his sexual organs, if that was the case, then he would have been made with no sexual organs! Jesus Christ had to bust them supernatural nuts in them Earth Goddesses, I know I would!
Amen Ra, to the infinite power!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••