Nevada GOP senator backs gay rights bill

Nevada GOP senator backs gay rights bill

There are 7 comments on the KRMG-AM Tulsa story from Nov 4, 2013, titled Nevada GOP senator backs gay rights bill. In it, KRMG-AM Tulsa reports that:

Proponents of a gay rights bill gained crucial support in the Senate on Monday as a Nevada Republican announced he backed the measure because "discrimination must not be tolerated under any circumstance."

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KRMG-AM Tulsa.

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#1 Nov 4, 2013
This really doesn't matter. The House will not even consider it.

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

#2 Nov 4, 2013
It does matter. It puts the Senate on record supporting trans-inclusive ENDA. And it puts the entire Democratic caucus on record. It will be nearly impossible for a future Democratic congress to punt on the issue.

And it makes the House Republicans look like elephants' asses.

BTW: cloture was invoked 61-30.

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#3 Nov 4, 2013
nhjeff wrote:
It does matter. It puts the Senate on record supporting trans-inclusive ENDA. And it puts the entire Democratic caucus on record. It will be nearly impossible for a future Democratic congress to punt on the issue.
And it makes the House Republicans look like elephants' asses.
BTW: cloture was invoked 61-30.
Still doesn't matter. The Senate is not going to stay majority Democratic forever, and the ongoing catastrophe that is the Stalinist OBAMACARE may cause the Democratic majority in the Senate to be thrown out as early as next year.

Remember that on November 4th, 1980, the democrats lost their majority in the Senate which was wholly unpredictable by the pundits then.(I remember the election well, as I was tending bar in a gay bar at the time, as well as working to elect a FAMOUS actor as POTUS.:))

Littleton, NH

#4 Nov 5, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
Still doesn't matter. The Senate is not going to stay majority Democratic forever, and the ongoing catastrophe that is the Stalinist OBAMACARE may cause the Democratic majority in the Senate to be thrown out as early as next year.
Remember that on November 4th, 1980, the democrats lost their majority in the Senate which was wholly unpredictable by the pundits then.(I remember the election well, as I was tending bar in a gay bar at the time, as well as working to elect a FAMOUS actor as POTUS.:))
Or maybe the Republicans will lose the House in 2014. Moderate Republicans are appalled.
lolol

Rio Rancho, NM

#5 Nov 5, 2013
is it safe to use the term 'backed' in gay issues ?

Littleton, NH

#6 Nov 5, 2013
lolol wrote:
is it safe to use the term 'backed' in gay issues ?
Apparently, not around you. You seem to have some sort of bizarre obsession with backs.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#7 Nov 5, 2013
... about time.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Same-sex voucher stoush: Does NZ treat gay coup... (Jun '15) 33 min Ray Cathode 8
News Excited by Trump, gay Republicans struggle with... 2 hr JODECKO 266
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 2 hr River Tam 15,107
News Alabama's chief justice defends his gay marriag... 4 hr Seperate Church N... 10
Little Robbie's Nursery Rhymes 5 hr HAHAHAHA 2
Watching Over You by Greg Lake 5 hr Fa-Foxy 2
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 6 hr Respect71 38,688
News Austin Loses 'A Safe Space for Gay Men to Go Ha... 11 hr Mite Be 32
More from around the web