California Assembly passes bill to up...

California Assembly passes bill to update birth certificates to reflect same-sex parents

There are 191 comments on the San Bernardino County Sun story from May 8, 2014, titled California Assembly passes bill to update birth certificates to reflect same-sex parents. In it, San Bernardino County Sun reports that:

Lawmakers in the Assembly have approved a bill that updates birth certificates to reflect the status of same-sex parents.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at San Bernardino County Sun.

First Prev
of 10
Next Last
Godfrey

San Francisco, CA

#1 May 9, 2014
This is sick. So now a kid can have a phonied up birth certificate that lists two queers? What did he come out of one of their asses? What about the mother who actually gave birth?

“A long time ago”

Since: Nov 09

in a galaxy far, far away....

#2 May 9, 2014
Godfrey wrote:
This is sick. So now a kid can have a phonied up birth certificate that lists two queers? What did he come out of one of their asses? What about the mother who actually gave birth?
I'm adopted, and raised by a heterosexual couple. My birth certificate says nothing about the woman who "actually gave birth". I have no idea who she is. I'm no worse off for it.

People like you never seem to have any problem when straight people do these very same things that you consider "sick".
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#3 May 9, 2014
EdmondWA wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm adopted, and raised by a heterosexual couple. My birth certificate says nothing about the woman who "actually gave birth". I have no idea who she is. I'm no worse off for it.
People like you never seem to have any problem when straight people do these very same things that you consider "sick".
A birth certificate is a record of birth. It should be accurate, not falsified. It would be better to seal the birth record at adoption than to make it a fraudulent document. Because you don't know who your birth mother is doesn't change that fact. It doesn't matter if you're straight or gay, a fake is a fake.
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#4 May 9, 2014
Godfrey wrote:
Half of the world's gays are women
That evens it out
Pat Robertson s Fatwass

Philadelphia, PA

#5 May 9, 2014
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
A birth certificate is a record of birth. It should be accurate, not falsified. It would be better to seal the birth record at adoption than to make it a fraudulent document. Because you don't know who your birth mother is doesn't change that fact. It doesn't matter if you're straight or gay, a fake is a fake.
You're lying that sexual orientation doesn't matter to you in this case. If you weren't lying then you would have been complaining about adoptive birth certificates in heterosexual coupled families all along. You haven't been.

You're a sick, lying, "religious" bigot is all, trash.

“A long time ago”

#6 May 9, 2014
Wondering wrote:
A birth certificate is a record of birth. It should be accurate, not falsified.
It's not "falsified", it lists the people who are my parents AS my parents. It includes a Washington State Seal embossment.
Wondering wrote:
It would be better to seal the birth record at adoption than to make it a fraudulent document.
It's not a "fraudulent" document. The state defines what makes a document fraudulent or real, and they consider it real.

Your statement is no different from the people who want to proclaim that a same-sex marriage is also "fraudulent", as if any of you had the authority to declare this in the first place. Leave the claims of fraudulence to the administrative authorities.

There actually IS another document which was sealed at my birth, but fat lot of good that does me while it's sitting in some manila envelope somewhere. Adoptees need something they can use in life that ISN'T sealed away.
Wondering wrote:
Because you don't know who your birth mother is doesn't change that fact. It doesn't matter if you're straight or gay, a fake is a fake.
A "fake" is made by someone who hopes to fool the authorities. That's not what's happening here, despite your misplaced slander. An adoptive birth record shows the LEGAL parents (as it should), and what's happening in this article for gay parents is no different than what is done for straight parents.

It's the same thing that's BEEN done for at least 44 years, since mine was issued. Have you been complaining about the fraudulence of this practice all this time? Or have you just started NOW that it includes gay parents?

“A long time ago”

#7 May 9, 2014
Pat Robertson s Fatwass wrote:
You're lying that sexual orientation doesn't matter to you in this case. If you weren't lying then you would have been complaining about adoptive birth certificates in heterosexual coupled families all along. You haven't been.
Bingo. I hadn't even seen your post before I asked Wondering the very same thing.

So which is it, Wondering? Have you been a tireless opponent of "fraudulent" adoption certificates for decades? Or are you just now jumping into the fray, upon the inclusion of gay parents?
Pat Robertson s Fatwass

Philadelphia, PA

#8 May 9, 2014
EdmondWA wrote:
<quoted text>
Or have you just started NOW that it includes gay parents?
"Spot on!"
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#9 May 10, 2014
EdmondWA wrote:
It's not "falsified", it lists the people who are my parents AS my parents. It includes a Washington State Seal embossment.
It is falsified, it is fraudulent. If you were adopted it lists your legal guardians, not your parents. You are free to call them by any name you choose. Your birth certificate is not a record of your birth, it's a record of your adoption.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#10 May 10, 2014
Pat Robertson s Fatwass wrote:
<quoted text>
You're an azzwipe. Every adoptive couple I know says that they adopted. In many cases it's obvious anyway. Want some examples:
1. A white couple with a Chinese baby.
2. A white couple with a black baby.
3. Two gay men with any baby.
4. Two gay women with any baby.
All of their altered birth certificates are lies.
You're dumber than my f'n shoe.

“A long time ago”

#11 May 10, 2014
Wondering wrote:
It is falsified, it is fraudulent.
According to who?

What will happen if I take my certificate to a state agency that needs to see this paperwork? Will I get into trouble? Will they imprison me, or only fine me? I've actually already done this many times in the past. Should I call them up now and admit my wrongdoing, before my lies catch up to me?

How do you have any authority to declare this document as "fraudulent"? The state is the one who generated this "updated" birth certificate for me. The state placed their official embossed seal on it. The state considers it authentic, and they will treat it this way any time I submit it as an official document. If the state doesn't consider it to be falsified or fraudulent, despite being completely aware of the nature of its origin, then it isn't.
Wondering wrote:
If you were adopted it lists your legal guardians, not your parents.
The process of "adoption" causes my legal guardians to become my parents. That's the whole POINT of adopting a child, so that you become its parent.
Wondering wrote:
You are free to call them by any name you choose.
Then I guess I will choose to use the same names that the state chooses to use, for the convenience of staying aligned to their legal status. "Mother" and "Father".
Wondering wrote:
Your birth certificate is not a record of your birth, it's a record of your adoption.
Admittedly, it includes altered information to reflect the legal data that needs to stand for my lifetime. But being altered does not mean it is "fraudulent". Besides serving as an accurate documentation of my legal vital statistics, it also protects the identity of the people who did not want to be anyone's parents, and who agreed to waive their parentage.

The presence of this alteration is simply a fact of adoption, but it doesn't invalidate or falsify the document in any way. The families and the state both recognize any changes as legitimate and necessary corrections. No one else has any authority to declare the resulting state documentation to be fraudulent.

It IS possible to make further distinctions, conversationally, between "adoptive" parents and "biological" parents. But the state does not make this distinction in its records.

However, the question still remains: If you believe that adoptive paperwork is fraudulent, then how long have you been an opponent of the practice? For years and years? Or just when a gay couple is doing the adopting?
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#12 May 11, 2014
EdmondWA wrote:
<quoted text>
According to who?
Anyone with a working brain cell.
Wonderings Grandmother

San Jose, CA

#13 May 11, 2014
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Well that rules you out, so STFU.

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#14 May 11, 2014
Godfrey wrote:
So now a kid can have a phonied up birth certificate ..........
Don't you believe that a birth certificate should list the people who are legally, emotionally, financially, and in all other ways a parent to the child?
Adopted children have adoptive parents listed. Are you saying that they should not?
Fundieraiser Reprobate

Philadelphia, PA

#15 May 11, 2014
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
You're an
You stupid filth, you changed the subject from birth certificates, which for years have simply listed the legal parents, whether birth or otherwise.

Also, lgbt people have kids the old fashioned way. And then there's the test tube route, just like str8 people. Birth certificates in all these cases recognize the legal parents, whether birth or otherwise.

You are merely psychosexually ill and lying.
Fundieraiser Reprobate

Philadelphia, PA

#16 May 11, 2014
Wonderings Grandmother wrote:
<quoted text>
Well that rules you out, so STFU.
"Spot on!"

(It never gets old, at least for me.)

“A long time ago”

#17 May 11, 2014
Wondering wrote:
So, all these special people wandering around with a working brain cell, with yourself as their king, you all have MORE authority for identifying "fraudulent" documents than the state government which produces, administers and stores those documents? How does that work? When an adoptee produces one of these documents and the state accepts it as real, how do you and your brain cell brigade step in? What specific steps do you take to ensure that proper document recognition is taking place?

I don't ever remember being foiled BEFORE, by these brain cell vigilantes, when I've submitted my adoptee birth certificate. Did I just manage to luckily slip by them, or are their ways so subtle that I couldn't even tell that they were actually effective?

Could you try to phrase your answers in the form of reality? A lot of people have working brain cells. But they don't all have the authority to tell the state about which state documents are fake.

“A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES”

Since: Aug 08

MUST BEGIN WITH A SINGLE STEP!

#18 May 11, 2014
EdmondWA wrote:
<quoted text>
So, all these special people wandering around with a working brain cell, with yourself as their king, you all have MORE authority for identifying "fraudulent" documents than the state government which produces, administers and stores those documents? How does that work? When an adoptee produces one of these documents and the state accepts it as real, how do you and your brain cell brigade step in? What specific steps do you take to ensure that proper document recognition is taking place?
I don't ever remember being foiled BEFORE, by these brain cell vigilantes, when I've submitted my adoptee birth certificate. Did I just manage to luckily slip by them, or are their ways so subtle that I couldn't even tell that they were actually effective?
Could you try to phrase your answers in the form of reality? A lot of people have working brain cells. But they don't all have the authority to tell the state about which state documents are fake.
You do have a way with words my friend........the same issue comes up when folks make claims about birth rates going down if Gays and Lesbians marry or harming children if Gays and Lesbians are allowed to marry.......but these same folks DON'T seem to be concerned with the affects of divorce on children or other issues regarding children..........keep posting it will almost surely frustrate those who can't think for themselves!!!
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#19 May 12, 2014
EdmondWA wrote:
<quoted text>
It's very simple. So simple that a 5 year old could understand it.
The state may recognize the adoptive parents as the legal parents but it doesn't make the new birth certificate accurate. It's still false. It is no longer a record of birth. It now becomes a record of legal parenthood, not birth.

1. A birth certificate is a record of birth.
2. If the birth parents are not listed it is no longer a record of birth.

Are either statement 1 or statement 2 false?
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#20 May 12, 2014
NorCal Native wrote:
but these same folks DON'T seem to be concerned with the affects of divorce on children or other issues regarding children..........
That is opinion if I've ever seen it. Meaningless.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News a CDC ban on 'fetus' and 'transgender?' Experts... 18 min Retribution 5
News Why Is It So Hard For The TV News To Say 'Gay'? 2 hr Cordwainer Trout 3
News Ten Commandments judge faces runoff in Alabama ... 3 hr Marcavage s Trick 366
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 4 hr Frindly 15,006
News Unhinged pastor tells "gay world" to "go to a M... 4 hr Marcavage s Trick 7
Jewboy Jade's Kosher Pig Peckers 5 hr Jewboy Jade 1
News Arlington Receives "All-Star" Rating for LGBTQ ... 6 hr Marcavage s Trick 22
News Former OKC Mayor blames homosexuality for moral... 7 hr Ralph 146
The Spectrum Cafe (Dec '07) Fri GodSmacked 26,930
More from around the web