Anti-gay religious group gets funding...

Anti-gay religious group gets funding from Canadian government to work in Africa

There are 56 comments on the CFRB story from Feb 10, 2013, titled Anti-gay religious group gets funding from Canadian government to work in Africa. In it, CFRB reports that:

An evangelical organization that describes homosexuality as a "perversion" and a "sin" is receiving funding from the Government of Canada for its work in Uganda, where gays and lesbians face severe threats.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CFRB.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

1USA1

“For F***'s Sake”

Since: Aug 12

Tanner Flats

#44 Feb 12, 2013
1USA1 wrote:
<quoted text>I think the main pretence, for these nonsensical agendas, are to where down all the principals that Canada and the States were founded on, ie death by a thousand cuts. Our culture stands in the way of the world moving towards a totalitarian world government, so the left-tards pair up with seemingly unlikely partners like the islamo-fascists pursuing a common agenda. Once they reach their initial goal of destroying democracy, the alliance will be over and the left-wingers will become fierce enemies with the moon colt. Call it a marriage of convenience. It is truly a double standard, when Christians are chastised for following the principles of their faith (a chosen commitment). Yet the homosexual community, can rub everybody's nose in their chosen lifestyles with impunity. I believe it's nobody's business what people do in the privacy of their bedrooms, but on the flip side, one doesn't deserve a medal pinned on their chest for flaunting it. I don't want to know what's going on in anyone's bedroom regardless of their orientation and I wouldn't use sexual orientation, to influence my social or professional interactions. I don't agree with someone's decision to be homosexual, but I don't consider my place to judge someone over it. Likewise I don't want religion forced on me either, again a personal choice, but it shouldn't be a problem for the government to assist a charitable group for humanitarian purposes over social politics. If the homosexual community has that big of a problem with it, maybe they should volunteer and the government can assist them as well.
Edit *wear down*
UpYoursTurbanHea d

Russia

#45 Feb 12, 2013
I thought canada was the gay capital of the world.
It certainly seems gay on tv.
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#46 Feb 12, 2013
1USA1 wrote:
<quoted text>I think the main pretence, for these nonsensical agendas, are to where down all the principals that Canada and the States were founded on, ie death by a thousand cuts. Our culture stands in the way of the world moving towards a totalitarian world government, so the left-tards pair up with seemingly unlikely partners like the islamo-fascists pursuing a common agenda. Once they reach their initial goal of destroying democracy, the alliance will be over and the left-wingers will become fierce enemies with the moon colt. Call it a marriage of convenience. It is truly a double standard, when Christians are chastised for following the principles of their faith (a chosen commitment). Yet the homosexual community, can rub everybody's nose in their chosen lifestyles with impunity. I believe it's nobody's business what people do in the privacy of their bedrooms, but on the flip side, one doesn't deserve a medal pinned on their chest for flaunting it. I don't want to know what's going on in anyone's bedroom regardless of their orientation and I wouldn't use sexual orientation, to influence my social or professional interactions. I don't agree with someone's decision to be homosexual, but I don't consider my place to judge someone over it. Likewise I don't want religion forced on me either, again a personal choice, but it shouldn't be a problem for the government to assist a charitable group for humanitarian purposes over social politics. If the homosexual community has that big of a problem with it, maybe they should volunteer and the government can assist them as well.
Likewise; we don't want to know what goes on in the privacy of anyone else's church
Gays have the 12th largest protestant denomination in the world and we don't flaunt it; so why should they?

1USA1

“For F***'s Sake”

Since: Aug 12

Tanner Flats

#47 Feb 12, 2013
Rainbow Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
Likewise; we don't want to know what goes on in the privacy of anyone else's church
Gays have the 12th largest protestant denomination in the world and we don't flaunt it; so why should they?
Maybe so, but there's gay pride parades all over the the place. What would happen if there was a heterosexual pride parade or a born again Christian pride parade? What kinda political backlash would that garner from the left-wingers? Would the left be as accepting of that as it would for a Sharia law rally or a Muslim pride parade? We all know the answer to that and it could certainly be classified as hypocrisy.
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#48 Feb 12, 2013
1USA1 wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe so, but there's gay pride parades all over the the place. What would happen if there was a heterosexual pride parade or a born again Christian pride parade? What kinda political backlash would that garner from the left-wingers? Would the left be as accepting of that as it would for a Sharia law rally or a Muslim pride parade? We all know the answer to that and it could certainly be classified as hypocrisy.
We already have Gay Muslim Pride Parades
http://farm5.staticflickr.com/4142/4760275339...
and the world's first Gay Mosque opened recently
http://www.english.rfi.fr/france/20121206-gay...
So the phobes and haters are falling behind on their hate and phobe parades
What's with that?

Since: Apr 08

Cleveland, OH

#49 Feb 12, 2013
1USA1 wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe so, but there's gay pride parades all over the the place. What would happen if there was a heterosexual pride parade or a born again Christian pride parade? What kinda political backlash would that garner from the left-wingers? Would the left be as accepting of that as it would for a Sharia law rally or a Muslim pride parade? We all know the answer to that and it could certainly be classified as hypocrisy.
There are heterosexual and Christian pride events: they happen 365 days a year. Every newspaper runs heterosexual wedding announcements every issue. You can find heterosexual relationships openly celebrated every day of the year in churches (marriages), on TV, in movies, in magazines, in books. Religious groups routinely hold public celebrations of their faith multiple times a year -- ever heard of Christmas, or Easter, or Mardi Gras? What do you think Mardi Gras parades are?(And have you seen the skimpy outfits they wear? And do you know what the beads are about in New Orleans at Mardi Gras?)

Heterosexist privilege is astounding, it really is. Absolutely blind to how everything caters to you every day of the year, and begrudging the few LGBT pride parades we dare to hold... even though in some places even today that puts us at risk with being arrested or worse.
Cana

Burnaby, Canada

#50 Feb 12, 2013
JohnInToronto wrote:
<quoted text>
We are all permanent residents now - I don't think those programs are applicable but let me know if I am wrong. Also, as expensive as housing is here in Toronto, it is more in Vancouver, and none of us are Francophone, so don't really want to move to Quebec. Plus we are heard that Quebecois have a tendency to discriminate in hiring against people who might even speak perfect French but are not "pure laine" French-Canadian.
Have you lived in Eastern Canada, particularly Ontario? If so, you do find any difference in attitudes and culture as compare to BC? Perhaps my viewpoint is based only on Ontario.
Of course they are...there are many jobs available, they might not be in the nursing profession which you are going for. Just start working, and then you will meet great contacts that will help where you want to go!
No Quebec is a part of Canada that we love, and many english people live and work there!
If you want to work in Vanc...then how is your Mandarin?
mr think about it

Portland, OR

#51 Feb 12, 2013
I believe in the right to be wrong

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

#52 Feb 12, 2013
Wiener52 wrote:
<quoted text>
And this has "what" to do with the Canadian Government funding anti-gay religious groups and sending them overseas?
What is your point?(or what is your problem?)
Hey, I'm not trying to start a food fight. But you were highly critical of Canadian attitudes toward gays when the federal government is far more supportive of its gay and lesbian citizens that the US government. You can't even marry in your own state of Hawaii (although I am optimistic that will change this year).

You are the one who asked how well New Hampshire was doing for gay and lesbian rights, and I pointed out that we've had marriage equality for three years already. Unfortunately, my New Hampshire marriage is missing over a thousand federal rights and responsibilities that my heterosexual friends have taken for granted.

So we have a lot of work to do to catch up with the Canadians. I think we should admire the progress that the country has made, not just criticize its shortcomings.

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

#53 Feb 12, 2013
1USA1 wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe so, but there's gay pride parades all over the the place. What would happen if there was a heterosexual pride parade or a born again Christian pride parade?
Let me guess: Nobody would come.
What kinda political backlash would that garner from the left-wingers?
Do you call bemusement "backlash?"
Would the left be as accepting of that as it would for a Sharia law rally or a Muslim pride parade? We all know the answer to that and it could certainly be classified as hypocrisy.
Gee yeah. We get all upset at Christmas Parades and Easter Parades, don't we? Nothing Christian about those, is there?
Cana

Burnaby, Canada

#54 Feb 12, 2013
nhjeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, I'm not trying to start a food fight. But you were highly critical of Canadian attitudes toward gays when the federal government is far more supportive of its gay and lesbian citizens that the US government. You can't even marry in your own state of Hawaii (although I am optimistic that will change this year).
You are the one who asked how well New Hampshire was doing for gay and lesbian rights, and I pointed out that we've had marriage equality for three years already. Unfortunately, my New Hampshire marriage is missing over a thousand federal rights and responsibilities that my heterosexual friends have taken for granted.
So we have a lot of work to do to catch up with the Canadians. I think we should admire the progress that the country has made, not just criticize its shortcomings.
Dumbass USers...we have Trannie in our military...which I hope will give baby bush a big kisd next time that "illegal invasion limpnoodle" comes to town!
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#55 Feb 12, 2013
1USA1 wrote:
Maybe so, but there's gay pride parades all over the the place. What would happen if there was a heterosexual pride parade or a born again Christian pride parade?
Straighties used to do that; they could not generate the crowds like the gays do; so they gave it up
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons...

“Seriously guys...”

Since: May 12

Regina

#56 Feb 12, 2013
Naturally Wired wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed.
In the province of Ontario, just 2 weeks ago, when the Ontario liberal party were choosing their new leader, candidate Kathryn Wynne sent out a text message to muslim delegates to vote for her. She is also a lesbian.
Some of the muslim delegates who pushed their fellow delegates to vote for her are known to be radical or at least lean towards radical islamic beliefs including the view homosexuals should be "punished".....yet they would push for a lesbian to win the vote. Wynne is regarded as far leaning left a liberal could be. Why would they vote for her?
This kind of shit pisses me off. The media has gone off the rails extolling this as a great victory for women. I guess Kim Campbell didn't count since she was a PC.
But the reason it pisses me off isn't because of who or what she is, it's because Ontario didn't elect her. The useless party whose leader decided to quit like a sucky baby when the by-election didn't yield him a majority govt "elected" her.
This wasn't a case of Dolton McNuggets taking seriously ill or dying, he quit. Therefore there SHOULD be a general election. If she wins the election great, but don't glad-hand it to her and call it a great victory, cuz that's just propagandic horseshit.

“Seriously guys...”

Regina

#57 Feb 13, 2013
Gay And Proud wrote:
<quoted text>
There are heterosexual and Christian pride events: they happen 365 days a year. Every newspaper runs heterosexual wedding announcements every issue.
And they are paid by the people placing the announcements. Seriously, you think the newspapers are out there every day with wedding hounds looking for hetero marriages to announce?
Gay And Proud wrote:
You can find heterosexual relationships openly celebrated every day of the year in churches (marriages), on TV, in movies, in magazines, in books.
You see gay relationships openly celebrated in those venues as well, including some churches.
Gay And Proud wrote:
Religious groups routinely hold public celebrations of their faith multiple times a year -- ever heard of Christmas, or Easter,
Publicly? Oh yeah dude, I can't go into a store anywhere during those holidays without seeing a manger scene or crucifix.
Gay And Proud wrote:
or Mardi Gras? What do you think Mardi Gras parades are?(And have you seen the skimpy outfits they wear? And do you know what the beads are about in New Orleans at Mardi Gras?)
Seriously? There's about as much religious connection with Mardi Gras these days as there is with Christmas. Mardi Gras is a gross perversion of the rituals of the day before Lent. It has become a symbol of self-excess going FAR beyond what "Fat Tuesday" was really about. In much the same way Christmas has become a symbol of excess by being turned into a consumerist feeding frenzy.

It's kind of ironic when you spout such phrases as "heterosexual privilege". In a short period of time, gay people in Canada have pretty much reached equality with everyone else. But that's not good enough for some. Now art has to be censored because one whiner and a handful of idiots at the CHRC don't understand the concept of context. You know what's ironic about that? Scott Thompson's "Buddy" monologues from Kids in the Hall are now censored whenever he says "queer" or fag". Imagine, an openly gay, comedic actor now being censored when using those terms. I'd call that suppression of Freedom of Expression but hey, I'm no constitutional lawyer.

Then there's the Pride rally in Toronto where individuals are doing shit that would get anyone else busted any other time of the year. Is it normal for the gay community in Toronto to flash their genitals or simulate sex acts in public? I'm pretty sure it isn't so why is the parade/rally an excuse to basically break decency laws?

Don't get me wrong dude, I don't give a shit who somoene is attracted to and or/sleeps with, but considering a sizable majority of Canadians have no problems with "gay rights", I'd say you don't have much to complain about living here.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#58 Feb 13, 2013
1USA1 wrote:
<quoted text>The left-wingers seem to always remain silent, when it comes to Islam. They love to villainize Judeo Christian faiths and Western culture, especially American; but gladly look the other way over the atrocities committed by various communist regimes and Islamic theocracies. I have never met a liberal that, didn't have a penchant for third world dictators and totalitarian governments. Iran and the DPR of Korea would be a good examples, liberals love what's going there.
At the present time (note the qualifier) muslims in the USA haven't organized multi-million dollar campaigns against us. Have they in Canada?

“Seriously guys...”

Regina

#60 Feb 13, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
At the present time (note the qualifier) muslims in the USA haven't organized multi-million dollar campaigns against us. Have they in Canada?
They don't need to spend the money. The left-tards up here are more than happy to bend over backwards for them. Christmas 2011 in Windsor, a homeowner was ordered by the city to take down the nativity scene he had on his front lawn. Seems the muzzies across the street from him had a problem with it.
2009: A Catholic priest was dragged before the CHRC and raked over the coals for daring to publicly denounce islam. Meanwhile in 2009-2010, no fewer than 4 imams in Canada denounced the West in general and Canada and Canadians specifically. NO CHRC hearing and nothing but silence from the left.
In Edmonton, a city pool is shut down for a few hours a week to men so that muslim women can go swimming as per sharia law.
And despite the fact that institutional prayer is banned in Canadian schools, there are PUBLIC schools that provide the facitlites for muslim students to take time from school and go pray while listening to an imam tell them how awful the West is.

So no, they don't need to spend the money as long as they can continue to play the "white guilt" of left-tards.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Gay pastor fights censure by United Methodist C... 2 min Rose_NoHo 160
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 6 min Rose_NoHo 5,589
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 15 min Jonah1 25,305
Maybe god is gay! (Dec '09) 23 min June VanDerMark 13,385
News Gay marriage (Mar '13) 1 hr The Troll Stopper 61,389
News United Airlines bars gay man from taking a oees... 1 hr Wondering 19
News Madison bans discrimination against atheists, n... (May '15) 1 hr bestie 83
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 3 hr ReplaceGOP 48,057
The gay cafe for GLBT, friends and family (Oct '09) 7 hr Richie 69,522
More from around the web