However court rules, gay marriage debate won't end

There are 20 comments on the NewsCenter 25 story from Mar 28, 2013, titled However court rules, gay marriage debate won't end. In it, NewsCenter 25 reports that:

However the Supreme Court rules after its landmark hearings on same-sex marriage, the issue seems certain to divide Americans and states for many years to come.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NewsCenter 25.

“Marriage Equality”

Since: Dec 07

Lakeland, MI

#2333 May 10, 2013
Josh wrote:
<quoted text>
Because I'm smart
Not if you think you can simply decide what sex is "natural" and what sex is "unnatural" without backing it up.

“Marriage Equality”

Lakeland, MI

#2334 May 10, 2013
Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, I was responding to 'your' post (remember???) on how step-families weren't the best for children....
<quoted text>
Right...that was in response to your 'surrogate' comment. You don't know what you post about anymore do you???
<quoted text>
No...I said mother/father...not straight...I don't care what sexuality the mother and father are....
Poor you. You're SO confused. You have no idea who you're talking to or what you're even saying anymore, do you??

I NEVER said anything about step-parents, let alone cast aspersions on them. And I've not mentioned surrogates in this discussion, either.

You're so busy making up lies and half-truths that you've lost track of what you're even saying anymore, haven't you?

Poor you.

“You Get My Truth Here!”

Since: May 09

Nonya!

#2335 May 10, 2013
eJohn wrote:
<quoted text>
Poor you. You're SO confused. You have no idea who you're talking to or what you're even saying anymore, do you??
I NEVER said anything about step-parents, let alone cast aspersions on them. And I've not mentioned surrogates in this discussion, either.
You're so busy making up lies and half-truths that you've lost track of what you're even saying anymore, haven't you?
Poor you.
Well if you know you were talking about surrogates...why are you acting like you don't know why I posted about mom/dad versus biological parents? I know...because you are untruthful...

“You Get My Truth Here!”

Nonya!

#2336 May 10, 2013
eJohn wrote:
<quoted text>
Not if you think you can simply decide what sex is "natural" and what sex is "unnatural" without backing it up.
Is that a pun???

“Marriage Equality”

Lakeland, MI

#2337 May 10, 2013
Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
Well if you know you were talking about surrogates...why are you acting like you don't know why I posted about mom/dad versus biological parents? I know...because you are untruthful...
Can you read at all??? I said I DID NOT say anything about surrogates in this discussion.

What part of DID NOT SAY ANYTHING ABOUT means to you that I've been posting about it???

Here's a hint--if you're going to argue with someone, you should at least make an effort to read what they're saying before you argue back. In your case, it won't make you look any less stupid, but it would at least keep the discussion on track.

“Marriage Equality”

Lakeland, MI

#2338 May 10, 2013
Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that a pun???
You don't know what a pun is, do you?

“You Get My Truth Here!”

Nonya!

#2339 May 10, 2013
eJohn wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you read at all??? I said I DID NOT say anything about surrogates in this discussion.
What part of DID NOT SAY ANYTHING ABOUT means to you that I've been posting about it???
Here's a hint--if you're going to argue with someone, you should at least make an effort to read what they're saying before you argue back. In your case, it won't make you look any less stupid, but it would at least keep the discussion on track.
I don't need to read your nonsense...I already know it's nonsense....

“You Get My Truth Here!”

Nonya!

#2340 May 10, 2013
eJohn wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't know what a pun is, do you?
I 'do' know...I think 'you' don't know.....

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

#2341 May 10, 2013
Get That Fool wrote:
I have no hate groups, and am not part of any hate groups...your 'personal' claims mean nothing to me...
You just posted a link to an anti-gay site set up by the Witherspoon Institute. It cites it's own widely-discredited Regnerus study as "proof" that homosexuals make bad parents. It is funded by certified hate groups.

I never claimed you were a member of a hate group. I merely said citing their pseudo-scientific research will convince no one--except your fellow bigots.

“You Get My Truth Here!”

Nonya!

#2342 May 10, 2013
nhjeff wrote:
<quoted text>
You just posted a link to an anti-gay site set up by the Witherspoon Institute. It cites it's own widely-discredited Regnerus study as "proof" that homosexuals make bad parents. It is funded by certified hate groups.
Who 'certified' them??? You??? Being anti-gay-marriage doesn't mean you are anti-gay. Funding for a study only means they paid the researcher for doing the research, not for the findings they wanted. He would have been paid regardless of the outcome. He just happened to contradict what other so easily believed...but it was no suprise to those of us who already knew the truth....
I never claimed you were a member of a hate group. I merely said citing their pseudo-scientific research will convince no one--except your fellow bigots.
Sorry, no psuedo-science here...the study was done accurately and fairly...sorry you don't like the results...

Since: Apr 08

Chagrin Falls, OH

#2343 May 10, 2013
Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
Who 'certified' them??? You??? Being anti-gay-marriage doesn't mean you are anti-gay. Funding for a study only means they paid the researcher for doing the research, not for the findings they wanted. He would have been paid regardless of the outcome. He just happened to contradict what other so easily believed...but it was no suprise to those of us who already knew the truth....
<quoted text>
Sorry, no psuedo-science here...the study was done accurately and fairly...sorry you don't like the results...
You (purposefully) missed that critical detail that as proof it cites the thoroughly discredited Regnerus study. Research based on faulty previous research isn't credible.

“abstractions of thought...”

Location hidden

#2344 May 11, 2013
Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, I compared compulsions to compulsions....sorry you can't get the reference...
Sexual orientation isn't a compulsion. Sorry you can't manage to get an education...

Location hidden

#2345 May 11, 2013
Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
But you 'do' realize that 'race' is in fact innate...since it is in the genes.....therefore, your entire example is ridiculous and therefore, moot...
Actually, there is no "race" gene. Race is simply a human construct based on identifying people based on particular groupings of physical characteristics like skin pigmentation, facial features, type of hair, etc. that are generally controlled by separate, unrelated genes.
Get That Fool wrote:
What are they basing this hypothesis on??? There is not ONE shred of conclusive medical/scientific evidence on which to base this conclusion.
Sure there is. Its existence isn't based on your willingness to acknowledge that fact.
Get That Fool wrote:
Your ramblings prove you don't know what you are talking about...
Still talking to yourself in the mirror, eh narcissistic one?

Location hidden

#2346 May 11, 2013
Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
Birth control means nothing...my parent has four 'unplanned' babies...happens 'every' day...
Which only proves your parents were as incompetent as you are. Guess the unplanned fruit doesn't fall far from the tree, eh?

Location hidden

#2347 May 11, 2013
Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
The only people who are 100% NOT going to ever reproduce are homosexuals together....that's it....
Sorry, but a virile man and a woman with no uterus are NEVER going to reproduce either. And if you feel inclined to assert all things all possible with God, the same go for gays.

Location hidden

#2348 May 11, 2013
Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you saying this is incorrect??
No, your stupidity is a well established fact.

Location hidden

#2349 May 11, 2013
Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't go to any extremes to prove your point...exceptions dear, exceptions...gay people...no exceptions dear...no exceptions...
You were the moron who made the absolute assertion:

"The only people who are 100% NOT going to ever reproduce are homosexuals together....that's it...."

The existence of ANY exception proves you a liar. You really need to learn to think before you let your stupid sh!t just spew out.

Location hidden

#2350 May 11, 2013
Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't notice any answers to my questions....
I didn't notice any responses to my posts to you on Sunday, May 4 either, hypocrite.

Location hidden

#2351 May 11, 2013
Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
As opposed to NONE of ss couples...still don't see your point...
The ability to procreate, whether accidentally or intentionally, has no relevance to who is or isn't allowed to marry in the US.

Location hidden

#2356 May 11, 2013
Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
That's quite the combo....What percentage of the population would that be???
Approximately 5+% of adult women have had hysterectomies and 5-10% of men have had vasectomies in the US (both rates that equal or exceed the estimated gay % of the total population). A combination of people having such surgeries would have a lower rate of incidence but the reality is either condition alone is sufficient to prevent procreation.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Gay marriage foe's argument seems to leave Supr... 3 min Belle Sexton 50
News Judge proposes Oregon bakery pay $135,000 to le... 4 min TomInElPaso 444
Are the mods fair and balanced? 10 min Reverend Alan 815
News Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 11 min RevKen 32,317
News Russian Politician Accuses U2 Of Spreading 'Gay... 11 min Belle Sexton 6
News Fallout over religious objections law spurs loc... 11 min Wondering 21
News Russian police chase away anti-gay crusader fro... 17 min Belle Sexton 2
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 21 min Wondering 20,546
News Why I'll be voting 'No' to same-sex marriage, e... 2 hr Just Think 2,356
News Justice Roberts Hints How He Could Justify Voti... 10 hr Lawrence Wolf 83
News Supreme Court Argument on Same-Sex Marriage Put... 11 hr Pietro Armando 39
More from around the web