However court rules, gay marriage deb...

However court rules, gay marriage debate won't end

There are 2348 comments on the NewsCenter 25 story from Mar 28, 2013, titled However court rules, gay marriage debate won't end. In it, NewsCenter 25 reports that:

However the Supreme Court rules after its landmark hearings on same-sex marriage, the issue seems certain to divide Americans and states for many years to come.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NewsCenter 25.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#2232 May 7, 2013
Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe it's more like an alcoholic...they will always be 'alcoholics' whether they take another drink or not...perhaps this is the same thing...
No, alcoholism is a disease; being gay or straight is their natural sexual orientation.

“You Get My Truth Here!”

Since: May 09

Nonya!

#2233 May 7, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>Funny that medical professionals disagree with you, isn't it? Comparing sexual orientation to alcohol.... you HAVE to be the dumbest @#5 on the block.
Actually, I compared compulsions to compulsions....sorry you can't get the reference...

“You Get My Truth Here!”

Nonya!

#2234 May 7, 2013
nhjeff wrote:
<quoted text>
It really doesn't matter if it's innate or not. Interracial marriage is clearly not "innate."
But you 'do' realize that 'race' is in fact innate...since it is in the genes.....therefore, your entire example is ridiculous and therefore, moot...
Beyond that, failing to identify a primary cause is hardly proof of being innate or not. Every reputable psychological association in the world believes that homosexuality is, in fact, innate, whether they believe there is one primary cause or many contributing causes.
What are they basing this hypothesis on??? There is not ONE shred of conclusive medical/scientific evidence on which to base this conclusion.
Your ramblings prove nothing except that you're so FOS that there is no room for any learning, truth, or logic in your entire body.
Your ramblings prove you don't know what you are talking about...

“You Get My Truth Here!”

Nonya!

#2235 May 7, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
No, alcoholism is a disease; being gay or straight is their natural sexual orientation.
I don't know that that is true....

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

#2236 May 7, 2013
Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
But you 'do' realize that 'race' is in fact innate...since it is in the genes.....therefore, your entire example is ridiculous and therefore, moot...
Are you saying that falling in love with someone of a different race is innate behavior that can't be changed? How is that any more innate than falling in love with someone of the same sex?

See, everything you bring up is just a red herring. If you think about it for more than half-a-second, you'll realize how stupid you sound.
What are they basing this hypothesis on??? There is not ONE shred of conclusive medical/scientific evidence on which to base this conclusion.
Oh here we go again. You pretend that we haven't posted the information for you ad nauseum. The fact that you are too FOS to absorb information that we post for you does not make it any less accepted by real scientists. And there's certainly no point in us again posting information which you will ignore.
Your ramblings prove you don't know what you are talking about...
Actually, you're characterization of the information we've posted as "rambling" merely demonstrates your inability to synthesize logic.

Littleton, NH

#2237 May 7, 2013
Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, I compared compulsions to compulsions....sorry you can't get the reference...
As I pointed out previously, there is sexual compulsion among both heterosexuals and homosexuals. But you compared homosexuality itself to alcohol. That is a completely invalid comparison.

Alcholism is more like your obsession with constantly sharing your stupidity with people who know better. Why are you so obsessed with that?

Littleton, NH

#2238 May 7, 2013
Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know that that is true....
Of course you don't. You reject all truth. You have to keep room for all that nonsense with which you fill you brain.

It's an unnatural use of your organs. What you store in your ead is normally ejected out people's behinds.

Since: Apr 08

Cleveland, OH

#2239 May 7, 2013
Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
By following your logic, the scourge that is heterosexuality MUST be stamped out as well as homosexuality! After all, if one is a compulsion so is the other.

Here's a hint: a person's sexual orientation is still their sexual orientation even if they are celibate.

“Marriage Equality”

Since: Dec 07

Lakeland, MI

#2240 May 7, 2013
Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
Because it can still happen...what don't you get?? Nothing is 100%, except if you are not doing what is 'natural' to make a baby.....
<quoted text>
Birth control is another issue...I do post on the abortion sites...
I'm multi-talented...I can do both....
Just because neither 'intends' on it...doesn't mean it doesn't happen....
Nope! There are LOADS of conditions that straight couples can find themselves in that are 100% effective in preventing pregnancy. Two that come immediately to mind are a man that's been treated with radiation for prostate cancer--he's likely shooting blanks for good. Or a woman who's had her ovaries removed, possibly from cancer or some other medical condition--no pregnancy happening there, either. Or after one of them has had a vasectomy or a tubal-ligation.

So do you believe that those couples should be somehow forbidden from having the unnatural sex that they would be having, knowing that their potential for making a baby is at absolute zero??

Or is it just the gays that you hold to the "no babies, no sex" standard?

“You Get My Truth Here!”

Nonya!

#2241 May 7, 2013
nhjeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you saying that falling in love with someone of a different race is innate behavior that can't be changed? How is that any more innate than falling in love with someone of the same sex?
Wow! Really??? You can't control what you feel...you 'can' control how you react to it....
See, everything you bring up is just a red herring. If you think about it for more than half-a-second, you'll realize how stupid you sound.
Ummmmm, I'm thinking it's you that seems pretty stupid right now...

You can't compare race to sexuality...we 'know' race is a genetic trait...

We also know that men and women are attracted to each other...some of that 'is' based on race...sometimes it's not...but 'feeling attraction' is not being born of a certain race...they don't even coincide...
Oh here we go again. You pretend that we haven't posted the information for you ad nauseum. The fact that you are too FOS to absorb information that we post for you does not make it any less accepted by real scientists. And there's certainly no point in us again posting information which you will ignore.
None of what you have posted is conclusive...you CAN'T prove what you are saying...it is NOT POSSIBLE without scientific proof of it...it's all theory and conjecture...do you know what these words mean???
Actually, you're characterization of the information we've posted as "rambling" merely demonstrates your inability to synthesize logic.
Your information is 'rambling'...nothing there is substantiated by any scientific conclusion...you all take anything and run with it like it is fact...

“You Get My Truth Here!”

Nonya!

#2242 May 7, 2013
Gay And Proud wrote:
<quoted text>
By following your logic, the scourge that is heterosexuality MUST be stamped out as well as homosexuality! After all, if one is a compulsion so is the other.
Not quite...I'll admit a lot of hereosexuals behave compulsively when it comes to sex...but the truth is...we need heterosexuals to have sex, or none of us would be here....

A compulsion does not refer to heterosexuality as a whole...

com┬Ěpul┬ĚsionA
noun
1. the act of compelling; constraint; coercion.
2. the state or condition of being compelled.
3. Psychology . a strong, usually irresistible impulse to perform an act, especially one that is irrational or contrary to one's will.

Heterosexuality is 'rational'. We 'need' heterosexuality to continue the human race...
Here's a hint: a person's sexual orientation is still their sexual orientation even if they are celibate.
...another hint...we don't know why homosexuals are homosexuals...

“You Get My Truth Here!”

Nonya!

#2243 May 7, 2013
eJohn wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope! There are LOADS of conditions that straight couples can find themselves in that are 100% effective in preventing pregnancy. Two that come immediately to mind are a man that's been treated with radiation for prostate cancer--he's likely shooting blanks for good. Or a woman who's had her ovaries removed, possibly from cancer or some other medical condition--no pregnancy happening there, either. Or after one of them has had a vasectomy or a tubal-ligation.
So do you believe that those couples should be somehow forbidden from having the unnatural sex that they would be having, knowing that their potential for making a baby is at absolute zero??
Or is it just the gays that you hold to the "no babies, no sex" standard?
The only people who are 100% NOT going to ever reproduce are homosexuals together....that's it....

Littleton, NH

#2244 May 7, 2013
Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text> Wow! Really??? You can't control what you feel...you 'can' control how you react to it....
<quoted text>Ummmmm, I'm thinking it's you that seems pretty stupid right now...
You can't compare race to sexuality...we 'know' race is a genetic trait...
We also know that men and women are attracted to each other...some of that 'is' based on race...sometimes it's not...but 'feeling attraction' is not being born of a certain race...they don't even coincide...
Here we go again. You just agreed that people are no more innately programmed to fall in love with someone of a different race than people innately fall in love with people of the same sex.(Indeed, the facts are quite the opposite.)

You just don't have very good comprehension of what you say yourself.

To repeat for the morons: It doesn't matter whether falling in love with a member of some particular group is innate or not. It doesn't matter if a black man and a white woman fall in love: They're love is real and they deserve respect. But neither is destined by nature to love only people of the other sex.

So whether or not homosexuality is a choice or innate, people who fall in love with someone of the same sex deserve the same support. Your argument about sexuality not being innate is a red herring. It has nothing to do with the rights of the couple who are in love.

“You Get My Truth Here!”

Nonya!

#2245 May 7, 2013
nhjeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Drinking too much alcohol interferes with one's productivity in the rest of his life. Similarly, both heterosexual and homosexuals can allow sex to interfere with the rest of their lives, and there are organizations similar to AA that deal with sexual addiction.
So????????
Normally, however, being gay does not interfere with people's productive lives.
Maybe it does, maybe it doesn't...I think it depends on the individual, same as alcoholics. Ever heard of a 'functioning' alcoholic???
Denying one's natural attractions, however, often retards one's stability, enjoyment, and productivity in the rest of their lives.
Ummmm, denying one's attractions is something we all have to do on a daily basis...if you are an adult and have self control....
Integrating same-sex attraction into one's life is a blessing. Failing to do so is often detrimental.
A blessing??? From whom??? Detrimental??? I doubt that...

Littleton, NH

#2246 May 7, 2013
Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
The only people who are 100% NOT going to ever reproduce are homosexuals together....that's it....
Oh please. Do you really think we neeed more proof of your utter stupidity?

Littleton, NH

#2247 May 7, 2013
Get That Fool wrote:
<Your information is 'rambling'...nothing there is substantiated by any scientific conclusion...you all take anything and run with it like it is fact...
No, you are wrong as ususal. We understand that the scientific method has supported various theories of sexuality. You, on the other hand, just make up crap and claim it's as valid as scientifically researched theory.

You are especially stupid because you have been shown why you are wrong time and again. And you're really really stupid because you deign to tell gay people about being gay. I wouldn't pretend to tell black people what it's like to be black in America.

WTH do you think you know more about being gay than gay people? It's not based on your careful research and evaluation of evidence. It's just whatever crap comes off your keyboard.

And it makes you awfully foolish.

“You Get My Truth Here!”

Nonya!

#2248 May 7, 2013
nhjeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Here we go again. You just agreed that people are no more innately programmed to fall in love with someone of a different race than people innately fall in love with people of the same sex.(Indeed, the facts are quite the opposite.)
I didn't agree to that...'you' said that...not me...
You just don't have very good comprehension of what you say yourself.
Back at'cha!
To repeat for the morons: It doesn't matter whether falling in love with a member of some particular group is innate or not.
Doesn't it????
It doesn't matter if a black man and a white woman fall in love: They're love is real and they deserve respect. But neither is destined by nature to love only people of the other sex.
You are totally rambling..and making no sense at all....
So whether or not homosexuality is a choice or innate, people who fall in love with someone of the same sex deserve the same support.
Does your 'support' claims extend to a brother and sister who 'happen' to fall in love???? Mother/daughter??? Father/son? How about for those who fall in love with more than one person?
Your argument about sexuality not being innate is a red herring. It has nothing to do with the rights of the couple who are in love.
Actually, it's you-all's red herring..as you have tried to say you are 'born' this way and it's the same as race...which of course we all know is not true....

Littleton, NH

#2249 May 7, 2013
Get That Fool wrote:
A blessing??? From whom??? Detrimental??? I doubt that...
Again demonstrating your lack of knowledge about humans generally and gays in particular. Also demonstrating a complete lack of compassion for fellow humans.

It's well known that people who form life-long intimate partnerships are healthier and happier than those who don't. Denying one's sexuality confines one to a lifestyle that limits happiness as well as longevity for most people.

That's why admitting your sexuality is a blessing: It allows you to find a compatible mate. It also allows you to stop hiding and hating yourself. The alternative is to hang out in airport bathrooms tapping your foot--an all-too-common coping mechanism of those who will not accept their own sexuality.

I am blessed by having my husband of 25 years. I hope that you are blessed by your husband, as well. Perhaps you don't feel blessed to have him. Maybe that's why you show such contempt for others who have found wonderful mates.

“You Get My Truth Here!”

Nonya!

#2250 May 7, 2013
nhjeff wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you are wrong as ususal. We understand that the scientific method has supported various theories of sexuality. You, on the other hand, just make up crap and claim it's as valid as scientifically researched theory.
You hit the nail on the head...'various theories'...nothing confirmed or substantiated....thank you for proving my point.
You are especially stupid because you have been shown why you are wrong time and again.
Actually, you've just shown that I am right....
And you're really really stupid because you deign to tell gay people about being gay. I wouldn't pretend to tell black people what it's like to be black in America.
I'm not talking about about sociology....I'm talking about 'biology'...

You can in fact tell a black person they are black because of 'biology', though you may not be able to relate socially....
WTH do you think you know more about being gay than gay people? It's not based on your careful research and evaluation of evidence. It's just whatever crap comes off your keyboard.
And it makes you awfully foolish.
I never said I know more about being gay...my only contention is no one know 'why' you are gay....there is no scientific conclusion...

“You Get My Truth Here!”

Nonya!

#2251 May 7, 2013
nhjeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh please. Do you really think we neeed more proof of your utter stupidity?
Are you saying this is incorrect??

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Family secret ''How to stuff a turkey'' 2 hr Peaches 1
News This Thanksgiving, I'm thankful for being born gay 2 hr Peaches 81
News Getting used to gay unions 2 hr Jorge 5
News Why Xavier University is staging play about man... 6 hr Georgia 5
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 6 hr Georgia 14,266
The Spectrum Cafe (Dec '07) 9 hr Arthur 26,533
News Herea s Harris Dickinsona s gay sex scene in ne... 12 hr Rubio s Foam Partays 5
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 14 hr June VanDerMark 57,983
Roy Moore.....Just Another Hypocrite Wed GodSmacked 111
More from around the web