Eagle Scout Challenges Boy Scouts' An...

Eagle Scout Challenges Boy Scouts' Anti-Gay Policy With Petition

There are 5 comments on the WJCW-AM Gray story from May 30, 2012, titled Eagle Scout Challenges Boy Scouts' Anti-Gay Policy With Petition. In it, WJCW-AM Gray reports that:

Eagle Scout Zach Wahls challenged the Boy Scouts of America's anti-gay policy Wednesday when he delivered three boxes of petitions demanding change, signed by more than 275,000 people.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WJCW-AM Gray.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#1 May 30, 2012
Zach is a true hero.
Xstain Fatwass Central

Philadelphia, PA

#2 May 30, 2012
Petitions are such feel good things.

A better use of time would be an organized campaign to get constituents to demand of their legislators that the bigot Boy Scouts get no taxpayer support whatsoever, which following the Dale decision they are not entitled to. No police athletic leagues, no preferential rents on government property, no special accommodations on federal park land, etc.

The bigot Boy Scouts are a private group (supposedly) and are allowed to discriminate against glbt people and atheists and agnostics. They show no intention to change at this time.

Cut off their government support.
Tired of Silly

Tavares, FL

#3 May 31, 2012
BSA lost my support long ago due to their homophobic bigotry. I won't so much as buy a tin of popcorn from them until they stop discriminating.
Beltway 8

Houston, TX

#4 Jul 6, 2013
Gay men have no business doing overnight camps with boys.
Who wants their son probed on a Brokeback Mountain adventure?
Beltway 8

Houston, TX

#8 Jul 6, 2013
It's been proven bisexual men have unsafe indiscriminate anonymous sex in bathrooms and other public places and then go home to their wives. Tap 3 times on the brakes if you want some action. Despicable.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Little Robbie's Happy Place 2 hr Frankie Rizzo 10
News NBA Moves All-Star Game Out of North Carolina O... 3 hr Here is what I 14
News Judge to monitor Kansas' actions on gay marriag... 4 hr Here is what I 18
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 4 hr Rosa_Winkel 14,558
News Connecticut's convention-goers head home, many ... 4 hr In Hillary Gays T... 1
News Excited by Trump, gay Republicans struggle with... 5 hr Christsharian Law 24
News Making GOP history, Trump vows to protect LGBTQ... 5 hr Christsharian Law 6
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 7 hr Rose_NoHo 38,354
More from around the web