Commentary: Stonewall Columbus Pride Parade reminiscent of a Fourth of July parade

Jun 23, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Lantern

A Pride Parade walker looks to throw bracelets at crowds that lined the street. Pride Parade, part of Stonewall Columbus Pride Festival 2013, took place June 22 on High Street.

Comments
201 - 220 of 605 Comments Last updated Jul 20, 2013
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Judged:

Broseph wrote:
<quoted text>
When you can't refute; insult. Ha.
only an idiot like yourself would elect Joe Biden to represent you.

Delaware a land of idiots who doubled down on stupid.
Broseph

New Castle, DE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Judged:

Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
crap stinks....there is no refuting it.
LOL. You mad? It's okay. Most people can't be graceful in defeat.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Broseph wrote:
<quoted text>
Science is not a dogma. It is an empirical system based upon experimentation and observation. When someone with better data enters into the scientific arena, he or she is welcomed and his or her findings are respected. When someone with better data enters into the religious arena, he or she is either stoned, burned, or excommunicated. That is why you still have current religious people who still believe that the Earth is flat, 5,000-years-old, and that it housed Tyrannosauruses that ate plants before original sin.
Excellent
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Judged:

Broseph wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. You mad? It's okay. Most people can't be graceful in defeat.
defeat?

who said it is over....you?

want me to laugh in your face, or turn my back so as not to hurt your little feelings?
Broseph

New Castle, DE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Judged:

Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
defeat?
who said it is over....you?
want me to laugh in your face, or turn my back so as not to hurt your little feelings?
LOL.
Big Johnson

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Judged:

Reality Speaks wrote:
Delaware a land of idiots who doubled down on stupid.
Hard to argue that. Seriouslady lives there.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Judged:

Big Johnson wrote:
<quoted text>
Hard to argue that. Seriouslady lives there.
Then it proves serious lady is not serious about improving her situation, or she would have moved.

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Since: May 11

Hightstown, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Judged:

Listen4truth wrote:
<quoted text>
It's the activists who are tolling away my "choice" to dissagree with the celebration/promotion of homosexuality, and forcing away my "choice", under penalty of law, to separate myself from it in the public square. You didn't factor in the activism.
They aren't. You're more than welcome to disagree with any aspect of their sexuality or their choice to celebrate it. What you don't have the right to do is hurt someone, discriminate against someone, or impose your lifestyle on anyone else. You can easily separate yourself from anything - walk away, look away, ignore it or just plain stay in your house if you can't handle people who differ from you.

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Hightstown, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Judged:

-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
As are cannibalism, incest, and filicide.
And?

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Hightstown, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Judged:

-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong.
The government has already punished those who would speak out against homosexuality.
As citizens, we are being told that our opinions [some based in religion] and our right to free speech are subordinate to those of same-sex practitioners.
Saying I'm wrong isn't the same as me actually being wrong.

People speak out against homosexuality every day all over the country. They aren't imprisoned or even ticketed. Your religion has no place dictating public behaviors or legislation, so that point is moot.

I laugh when people complain about their right to free speech when here they are on a public forum expressing their opinion. Apparently you need to visit a country where people really ARE denied the right to free speech.

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Hightstown, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Judged:

-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
Shall we celebrate and protect acts of cannibalism, incest, filicide, and rape then?
Rational man does not take his lead from the behaviors of the irrational animal kingdom.
You don't seem to have a problem with any acts of incest or any other deviant behaviors in the bible. We are animals. Some of us are evolved more than others, some of us have evolved further. I haven't once seen any of you on here get half as upset about children being raped, tortured, kidnapped, etc. In fact, one person on here actually praised that sort of situation. You're more worried about what two consenting adults do in their bedroom than you are about what happens to innocent people.

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Hightstown, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Judged:

-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
The First Amendment rights of those opposed to same-sex relationships have been abridged; in other words, they have been subordinated to the so-called rights of same-sex individuals.
Public school students, pastors/priests, military chaplains, public figures -- all have been censored for comments in opposition to same-sex relationships.
No, they haven't. Children of same-sex parents have been forced out of private schools. A woman was fired from her teaching job for being a lesbian and the decision was upheld. You have every right to oppose something. You just don't have the right to stop someone from leading his or her life according to how they see fit or deny them their constitutional rights to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Hightstown, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Judged:

-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
As citizens look to the state as an authority and guide on societal behavior, it is harmful to society for the state to officially promote unnatural, biological-dead-end relationships.
What's unnatural to you isn't unnatural to all.

So if a woman or man cannot procreate, should any relationship he or she enters be criticized or even disallowed because there is no chance for procreation?

You need to evolve.

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Hightstown, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Judged:

Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
I think ignoring your fantasy is best for productive life.
my intelligence can be proved with diploma's of completion, and how and where I live.
my intelligence also has me working for myself.
I have zero use for someone like yourself, and avoid contact with people like you.
my intelligence has me in a very happy marriage, and less debt in total than what you earn in a year.
how stupid of me.
I should accept your fantasy illusions as real, and have to beg government for assistance because I am a shrub like you?
or I should accept your complete lack of responsibility for anything, reject God, and ride the road to hell with you?
sorry....I reject your ignorance. I will go my way, and keep all people like you far away from me. It is not me that is alone....you are.
I didn't read your post past the third sentence because first, anyone who says their intelligent but can't spell a simple word like "diplomas" correctly has lost credibility. Second, sounds to me like you NEED to prove something to whomever cares enough about you on these threads to continue reading your irrelevant vapid posts. You don't need to prove anything to me. I couldn't care less about you or what you have or what you do (and notice the correct grammatical usage of that phrase for your edification).

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Hightstown, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Judged:

Broseph wrote:
<quoted text>
You attack how I form sentences, and ignore my facts. That's a nice tactic.
That one isn't one to talk. He has some of the worst grammar and sentence structuring of anyone I've seen on here.

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Hightstown, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Judged:

Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
YES! Walter telling someone else to learn proper sentence structure. Priceless.
It IS ironic, isn't it???

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Judged:

Mpnf1979 wrote:
<quoted text>
And?
I guess people who evolved from apes have difficulty grasping rational thought. We must be patient with them, as their bestial rationale is so far-fetched, we cannot help but pity them.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Mpnf1979 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, they haven't. Children of same-sex parents have been forced out of private schools. A woman was fired from her teaching job for being a lesbian and the decision was upheld. You have every right to oppose something. You just don't have the right to stop someone from leading his or her life according to how they see fit or deny them their constitutional rights to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.
In each case you cited, the subjects broke contracts to which they knowingly agreed.

In other words, you believe same-sex practitioners to be above the law.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Judged:

Mpnf1979 wrote:
<quoted text>
What's unnatural to you isn't unnatural to all.
So if a woman or man cannot procreate, should any relationship he or she enters be criticized or even disallowed because there is no chance for procreation?
You need to evolve.
Same-sex relationships do not reflect Nature's complementarian design; the lack of the necessary tools for procreation always was, and still is, means for believing the relationship to be contrary to Nature's plan.

“Ludibrium est onus genio”

Since: Dec 11

Planet Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Judged:

-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
In each case you cited, the subjects broke contracts to which they knowingly agreed.
In other words, you believe same-sex practitioners to be above the law.
Those children forced out of school broke a contract?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••