Thank God for Prop 8

Jesus and his proponents have finally saved us from the evils of gay marriage, thanks to the passing of Prop 8. Proposition 8 passing is far and away the most pressing matter within California these days, as ... Full Story
First Prev
of 751
Next Last

Since: May 08

Long Beach, California

#17867 Feb 8, 2010
MattJ wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I leave that dirty task to you.
<quoted text>
Even if that were true (it isn't), it would be off-topic: the topic here is whether there should be same-sex MARRIAGE. The answer is NO.
<quoted text>
No, it is not. You have to take off those rose-colored glasses before you search throughout history.
<quoted text>
How many times do I have to explain it to you? The reason that arrangement is called 'polygamy' is because it implies more than one marriage: but EACH marriage is one man and one woman. So my point still stands.
<quoted text>
This is pure fancy, cooked up to fool people.
Tired.

“More human than human.”

Since: Jan 09

North Suburbs of Chicago

#17869 Feb 9, 2010
MattJ wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I leave that dirty task to you.
<quoted text>
Even if that were true (it isn't), it would be off-topic: the topic here is whether there should be same-sex MARRIAGE. The answer is NO.
<quoted text>
No, it is not. You have to take off those rose-colored glasses before you search throughout history.
<quoted text>
Basically your argument is because you say so?
So your argument is "because I say so"?
so your argument is " because I say so"?
How many times do I have to explain it to you? The reason that arrangement is called 'polygamy' is because it implies more than one marriage: but EACH marriage is one man and one woman. So my point still stands.
<quoted text>
This is pure fancy, cooked up to fool people.
so your argument is "because I say so"?
MattJ

Alameda, CA

#17870 Feb 9, 2010
RickDeckard wrote:
<quoted text>
so your argument is "because I say so"?
One of these days, you should learn to read. Then, you should learn how to verify such claims using Google or Wikipedia.

Of COURSE it is not "because I say so". But it is so obviously true, and so easy to verify from other sources, neither you nor he has any excuse for pretending to deny that it is already well-proven: the meaning of the word 'polygamy' is 'many marriages', one marriage for each man-woman bond.

Since: May 08

Long Beach, California

#17871 Feb 9, 2010
MattJ wrote:
<quoted text>
One of these days, you should learn to read.
LOL! Okay, I'll try. I should really write to my grad school for allowing me to have an M.B.A. without learning to read.

Their bad.

Since: May 08

Long Beach, California

#17872 Feb 9, 2010
MattJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Of COURSE it is not "because I say so".
Okay ...... if you say so.
MattJ

Alameda, CA

#17873 Feb 9, 2010
LB Citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! Okay, I'll try. I should really write to my grad school for allowing me to have an M.B.A. without learning to read.
Their bad.
Yup. You should demand your money back. And since I am the one who revealed to you that you don't know how to read, you should give the money to me!

After all, since it was an MBA you got there, you really MIGHT believe such a line of reasoning! It is certainly more reasonable than what they teach MBAs about the business ethics of claiming huge bonuses for ruining the financial markets by selling credit swaps;)

Since: May 08

Long Beach, California

#17874 Feb 9, 2010
MattJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup. You should demand your money back. And since I am the one who revealed to you that you don't know how to read, you should give the money to me!
After all, since it was an MBA you got there, you really MIGHT believe such a line of reasoning! It is certainly more reasonable than what they teach MBAs about the business ethics of claiming huge bonuses for ruining the financial markets by selling credit swaps;)
Oh I'm fairly able to reason with. One reason why I may vote Republican this next election.

I believe you believe everything that you post and mean it sincerely.

Is that a fair assessment?

But in all honesty ..... and I mean no offense, but you contradict yourself left and right all the time that you could have written the Bible yourself.

Do you ever go back and re-read what you post? Then compare to other post you made in other threads and realized you contradicted yourself?

Hey, I accept your issues with Gay Marriage and the current administration. Cool.

I just wish you had a more rational way of conversing with folks on line.

That's all.
Obama bin liar

United States

#17876 Aug 8, 2010
Well it looks like one intolerant gay judge stopped the will of the proper majority of Californians. Looks like violence is needed when voting fails to work. Punch a homosexual its the patriotic thing to do.

Since: May 09

Marin County, CA

#17877 Aug 8, 2010
I guess the poster above in #17876 doesn't understand the purpose of separation of powers which are in place for this very purpose. This judge is no "activist," he is doing what the Consitution requires of judges to do - interpreting the Constitution and following the precedents of the U.S. Supreme Court's previous decisions.

Try to follow these Supreme Court decisions,#17876:

1. The freedom to marry is recognized as a fundamental right protected by the Due Process Clause. See, for example, Turner v Safely, 482 US 78, 95 (1987)(“[T]he decision to marry is a
fundamental right” and marriage is an “expression[] of emotional support and public commitment.”)

(“This Court has long recognized that freedom of
personal choice in matters of marriage and family life is one of the liberties protected by the Due Process Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment.”)

Because plaintiffs seek to exercise their fundamental right to marry, their claim is subject to strict scrutiny. Zablocki, 434 US at 388. That the majority of California voters supported Proposition 8 is irrelevant, as “fundamental rights may not be submitted to [a] vote; they depend on the outcome of no elections.” West Virginia State Board of Education v Barnette, 319 US 624, 638 (1943).

once again...
"That the majority of California voters supported Proposition 8 is **irrelevant**, as 'fundamental rights may **not** be submitted to a vote; they depend on the outcome of no elections.'"

The above brought to you by the United States Supreme Court.

Since: May 08

Long Beach, California

#17878 Aug 10, 2010
Obama bin liar wrote:
Well it looks like one intolerant gay judge stopped the will of the proper majority of Californians. Looks like violence is needed when voting fails to work. Punch a homosexual its the patriotic thing to do.
Bring it on!
Ho Lee Schitt

Pennington, NJ

#17879 Aug 12, 2010
Prop 8 was a prime example of tyranny of the majority. It was promoted and financed by a cult founded by a fraudster. They should keep their medieval beliefs in Utah where they belong!

“Choose wisely!”

Since: Jul 07

Los Angeles

#17880 Aug 12, 2010
Obama bin liar wrote:
Well it looks like one intolerant gay judge stopped the will of the proper majority of Californians. Looks like violence is needed when voting fails to work. Punch a homosexual its the patriotic thing to do.
If you take a swing at me, you'd best make sure I never get back up.

You might want to also take a class or two in American Government and/or Civics, to learn how things work. At this point, you know absolutely nothing!

Eric
Obama bin liar

United States

#17882 Aug 19, 2010
You people are crazy. My side is marriage one man one woman. This union of marriage cuts through all religions all cultures and all of history in the whole World. 99% of the world is straight. and the above Arogant , intolerant commentors above calling me names saying im like I'm way off track. Don't get me wrong I think homos can do whatever they want. Just don't call it marriage. World History, World culture, and the dictionary has already defined marriage as one of each, A man loving his wife.
Jake

United States

#17884 Aug 20, 2010
Dear Butt -- Pirates/Carpet munchers: Your deviant, perverted lifstyles will NEVER be accepted, period. Your blackmail efforts will fall short and turn even more people against you. You are not Normal, your behavior is not Acceptable and loving someone of the same gender is sick and the work of the devil.

Since: May 08

Long Beach, California

#17885 Aug 20, 2010
Obama bin liar wrote:
You people are crazy. My side is marriage one man one woman. This union of marriage cuts through all religions all cultures and all of history in the whole World. 99% of the world is straight. and the above Arogant , intolerant commentors above calling me names saying im like I'm way off track. Don't get me wrong I think homos can do whatever they want. Just don't call it marriage. World History, World culture, and the dictionary has already defined marriage as one of each, A man loving his wife.
That's because you are off track.

You are like the Taliban. Still living in the 14th century.

And the 99% of the world is straight line??? LOL! Not accurate I'm afraid. There are more folks who are either gay or have had same sex experiences than you can count.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 751
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 3 min Joy Division 15,777
Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays (Oct '07) 4 min Brian_G 219,714
Is Jeb Bush 'evolving' on same-sex marriage and... 4 min WeTheSheeple 197
Gay rights activist charged with faking abducti... 9 min Earl 8
Why I'll be voting 'No' to same-sex marriage, e... 19 min Brian_G 1,121
Pizza chain sued over healthcare for gay couples (Aug '14) 20 min Cat Lover 41
Kelly Clarkson doesn't mind if her daughter is gay 21 min Justin 31
Texas lawmaker married five times files error-f... 2 hr Kellys Hair 42
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 2 hr swedenforever 57,929
Biggest Gay Lies (May '14) 8 hr Frankie Rizzo 3,230
More from around the web