Thank God for Prop 8

Thank God for Prop 8

There are 15015 comments on the The Daily Nexus story from Nov 6, 2008, titled Thank God for Prop 8. In it, The Daily Nexus reports that:

Jesus and his proponents have finally saved us from the evils of gay marriage, thanks to the passing of Prop 8. Proposition 8 passing is far and away the most pressing matter within California these days, as ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Daily Nexus.

Concerned

Rome, GA

#2511 Nov 9, 2008
Walks The Line

Los Angeles, CA

#2512 Nov 9, 2008
sens wrote:
The constitution says: Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness.
hmm your right but where in that does it say thatgays have the right to force their views upon me and my children.. are We not protected or considered in the constitution,, or is it only their views that are right
like that story I read where they took a 2cd grade class to a gay wedding as a field trip......
Im sorry but That would have been a real shotgun wedding if my child were subjected to such,, but thats just another " O I M GAY SO YOU GOT TO LIKE IT" issue.
and the idiots who think its cool to have gay boy scout leaders.... OMFG why don't you put that convicted bank robber to work at a bank, put a car jacker to work as a valet, how bout give that heroin addict a job as a pharmacist.
same difference, reguardless the " sweet tooth"
Like I said live however you like just dont cram your life upon me or mine and dont parade around forceing your views upon us,,,
kinda like dont slap that guy and ya wont get knowck on your ass.. leave people alone and go one with your lifes let us be happy you be happy... how hard is that to understand
You are comparing gay people to criminals? And since when did being gay mean you were also a pedophile? All of you are using that ONE instance of the field trip to the gay wedding. That violates your right as a parent to give permission first for a field trip, why don't you gripe about that. There are many instances of religious impositions on people by the way. Want to talk about shoving a belief in someone's face?? How about the churches everywhere, or the religious channels on TV? Or the GIANT lit up cross on the hill in my town? Is that not shoving your religion in my face? I think it IS. If we used your logic then we wouldn't allow priests to be around children for all the charges they've been brought up on! It' "hard to understand" how you can be so one sided..."go be happy and we'll be happy". I think you meant to say, "I'm happy, so you should just go away". And if YOU "left people alone" and let them have their civil unions you wouldn't be here on this forum right now.
Fish

Hackettstown, NJ

#2513 Nov 9, 2008
Howell-Detroit wrote:
<quoted text>Islam's condemnation of homosexuality is identical to Judaism's, and, so, Iran's position on homosexuality is 100% Christlike.
And thank you for sharing your mythology.

“Want to protect marriage?”

Since: Nov 08

Then BAN DIVORCE!

#2514 Nov 9, 2008
Howell-Detroit wrote:
<quoted text>Islam's condemnation of homosexuality is identical to Judaism's, and, so, Iran's position on homosexuality is 100% Christlike.
First of all, Christ, in the biblical canon, has no opinion on homosexuality. You're thinking of Leviticus, which is old testament law.

So, should I take that to suggest that you would advocate the hanging of homosexuals?
Howell-Detroit

Farmington, MI

#2515 Nov 9, 2008
"In research with 942 nonclinical adult participants, gay men and lesbian women reported a significantly higher rate of childhood molestation than did heterosexual men and women."

(Comparative data of childhood and adolescence molestation in heterosexual and homosexual persons, Archives of Sexual Behavior, 2001 Oct;30(5):535-41.)

Since: Nov 08

Orem, UT

#2516 Nov 9, 2008
beware of the equality argument. in the future that may mean curing homosexuality with pharmaceuticals and crop planes.

“Live and let live ”

Since: Oct 08

Los Angeles CA.

#2517 Nov 9, 2008
Traditional Values wrote:
I am really getting sick and tired of the argument that we the people have violated gay and lesbian civil rights by voting in Prop 8. They claim they are a minority and while its true they are, its not the same as being a minority by a persons race, or that their rights are like for a persons gender or age. They are a minority because of a lifestyle. This is their choice to live this non-traditional lifestyle, its not like being born of color or a certain gender. If you choose to live this lifestyle, you accept the social ramifacations of it. If you start looking at lifestyles as civil rights, whats to say other lifestyles won't follow. For example, if I choose to be a nudist do I have the right to walk around in public naked? The answer is NO. Fundamental Mormons are a minority and believe in having more than 1 wife. Why are they not allowed this? Because a majority of the people said this is morally wrong and passed a law against it. The people have voted for traditional morals and values, live with it.
Ding Ding Ding Straight is also a lifestyle moron. Get your facts straight. Gay people are as natural in their lifestyle as you are with yours.
Walks The Line

Los Angeles, CA

#2519 Nov 9, 2008
Randy Zasloff wrote:
<quoted text>Wooooo Hoooooo sounds better than here. See this is what happens when uneducated people get a hold of a computer. In real life nobody will listen to them so they feel the need to come on the post with no facts an spew their crap that makes no sense.
This person was expressing their opinion, that's what a forum is all about...it's not JUST about delivering facts. Typical, with your "you don't agree with me so I'm going to call you uneducated" attitude.
4nt1F4g

United States

#2520 Nov 9, 2008
Look up marriage in the dictionary and it says man and wife. not man and man or woman and woman.
im only 13 but i believe being gay is a sin

“Live and let live ”

Los Angeles CA.

#2521 Nov 9, 2008
Howell-Detroit wrote:
James Holsinger's 1991 study of homosexuality "placed scientific substance over political correctness by unapologetically demonstrating the seemingly self-evident reality that from a medical standpoint, homosexual behaviors such as male-on-male sodomy are 'unnatural' and 'unhealthy' and run entirely counter to natural human biological design..."
(James Holsinger was nominated for the position of U.S. surgeon general in the early 1990s. He earned his medical degree from Duke University; he also holds master's degrees from Asbury Theological Seminary and the University of South Carolina)
Yep Yep more spam cut and paste. Seen this one 5 times now. This guy is a joke without a punch line.
Walks The Line

Los Angeles, CA

#2523 Nov 9, 2008
Howell-Detroit wrote:
"In research with 942 nonclinical adult participants, gay men and lesbian women reported a significantly higher rate of childhood molestation than did heterosexual men and women."
(Comparative data of childhood and adolescence molestation in heterosexual and homosexual persons, Archives of Sexual Behavior, 2001 Oct;30(5):535-41.)
What is "significant"? Why didn't you or they print that?
4nt1F4g

United States

#2524 Nov 9, 2008
Ding Ding Ding Straight is also a lifestyle moron. Get your facts straight. Gay people are as natural in their lifestyle as you are with yours.

um gay people are NOT natural can two men make children? I didnt think so...
can to women? NO!
Howell-Detroit

Farmington, MI

#2526 Nov 9, 2008
Walks The Line wrote:
<quoted text>
And since when did being gay mean you were also a pedophile?
Every one knows that half of the gays are pedophiles. And half of them will have sex with small pets when given the chance.

“Live and let live ”

Los Angeles CA.

#2527 Nov 9, 2008
Fish wrote:
<quoted text>How profound, especially considering that Islam, Christianity and Judaism are all Abrahamic religions.
Fish this person has been putting up the same posts from yesterday. It's just here to piss people like us off. He's a joke
Walks The Line

Los Angeles, CA

#2528 Nov 9, 2008
Traditional Values wrote:
I am really getting sick and tired of the argument that we the people have violated gay and lesbian civil rights by voting in Prop 8. They claim they are a minority and while its true they are, its not the same as being a minority by a persons race, or that their rights are like for a persons gender or age. They are a minority because of a lifestyle. This is their choice to live this non-traditional lifestyle, its not like being born of color or a certain gender. If you choose to live this lifestyle, you accept the social ramifacations of it. If you start looking at lifestyles as civil rights, whats to say other lifestyles won't follow. For example, if I choose to be a nudist do I have the right to walk around in public naked? The answer is NO. Fundamental Mormons are a minority and believe in having more than 1 wife. Why are they not allowed this? Because a majority of the people said this is morally wrong and passed a law against it. The people have voted for traditional morals and values, live with it.
So you'd agree that religious people shouldn't gripe about being discriminated against because of the religion they CHOOSE to be a part of?
ifrit2020

Perth, Australia

#2529 Nov 9, 2008
Randy Zasloff wrote:
<quoted text>No Miss Larry I'm not gay but I have no problem leaving people alone if their not hurting anyone. Try it sometime. You sound like one of those bullies I use to thump when they picked on people. Your just a child. Grow up.
Why do people assume that you must be gay if you stick up for what you believe in? Didn't any of you stick up for the kid that was getting bullied in school for no reason? Its plain ridiculous. You anti gay lot are just bullies really.
fed up

New York, NY

#2530 Nov 9, 2008
Randy Zasloff wrote:
<quoted text>Ding Ding Ding Straight is also a lifestyle moron. Get your facts straight. Gay people are as natural in their lifestyle as you are with yours.
Exactly. What's at stake in this whole discussion is bourgeois respectability. That's why many lefties are probably going "What now? Marriage has become part of a progressive agenda?" In fact these gays are ersatz progressives...
Howell-Detroit

Farmington, MI

#2531 Nov 9, 2008
"Throughout society, homosexual activists demand that homosexual behaviors not only be “tolerated,” but celebrated.(That’s what the euphemistic slogan “celebrate diversity” supposes). "
Howell-Detroit

Farmington, MI

#2532 Nov 9, 2008
'Homosexuals have masked their true political agenda by hijacking the language of the genuine civil rights movement and through the crafty and disingenuous rhetoric of “tolerance” and “diversity.”'
4nt1F4g

United States

#2533 Nov 9, 2008
Someone recently asked me;

"Am i going to hell if im gay?"

im not sure... i think it depends on if you keep doing it or stop...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 8 min carter county res... 24,150
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 25 min Rose_NoHo 5,049
News DeGeneres says her show is no place for anti-ga... 35 min Rose_NoHo 397
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 38 min Rose_NoHo 44,244
Maybe god is gay! (Dec '09) 1 hr June VanDerMark 12,719
News 'I am appalled and disgusted': Councillor accus... 1 hr Rainbow Kid 2
News Idaho tax bill advances despite gay marriage ob... 3 hr jcofe 1
More from around the web