Thank God for Prop 8

Full story: The Daily Nexus

Jesus and his proponents have finally saved us from the evils of gay marriage, thanks to the passing of Prop 8. Proposition 8 passing is far and away the most pressing matter within California these days, as ...
Comments
2,181 - 2,200 of 15,015 Comments Last updated Aug 20, 2010

“Live and let live ”

Since: Oct 08

Los Angeles CA.

#2491 Nov 9, 2008
Howell-Detroit wrote:
<quoted text>I have posted 3 sources in the last 2 hours. What are you talking about? You've posted one source (YOU are that source) in the last 2 days. I have no material? Now you AND Matt Lauer are being glib.
Quiet little one you keep posting the same material. With no facts...
Larry Craig

Rialto, CA

#2492 Nov 9, 2008
Randy Zasloff wrote:
<quoted text>I'm wondering how many bof them have done "anything" for humanity. Their not even qualified to respond to this issue. And I'm sick that people are trying to use my loving God as their weapon. Boy do they have a surprise when they try to get to Heaven.
Come on Randy, you are as gay as they come. You just haven't come out yet.
Howell-Detroit

Southfield, MI

#2493 Nov 9, 2008
In regard to homosexuality and syphilis, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) stated that their data suggests that approximately 64 percent of all adult primary and secondary syphilis cases in 2004 were among men who have sex with men.
("New CDC Data Show Syphilis Increasing in Men", CDC Media Relations Press Release, November 8, 2005])

“Want to protect marriage?”

Since: Nov 08

Then BAN DIVORCE!

#2494 Nov 9, 2008
rich777 wrote:
It's A Real Fact In Iran They Terminate Gay People Over There To Keep Order, And Yet, We In America Treat & Give You SPECIAL Treatments, And Now You Want MORE Special PRIVILIDGES!
Give us a break! We Had enough!
YES on 8!
YES Remove ARNOLD & All His Gay Cronies For They Have Committed TREASON On Our Constitution!
You think we should take a page from Iran's stance on homosexuality? How christlike.
Walks The Line

Los Angeles, CA

#2495 Nov 9, 2008
rich777 wrote:
THANK goodness I Do NOT Belong To Any Gay Church, Or Any Kind Of CHURCH But OF The LOGIC Reason SOCIETY!
We Defend The Rights Of Freedom For Family!
We Support Truth Seekers!
We Are The New Aristotle Generations!
YES on 8!
And the truth would beeeeeee? What DOES exist, or what you WANT to pretend it is?
ifrit2020

Perth, Australia

#2496 Nov 9, 2008
Howell-Detroit wrote:
<quoted text>
The U.S.A. is a Christian country, not a homo free-for-all. We're here. We drink beer. We're Lutheran. Get used to it.
Geez.. drinking beer, fair enough. Gay bashing as part of you national culture? Thats really quite sad.

Gay people - please visit Australia. We are not perfect in many ways but we do believe in everyone having a fair go. Many Americans I know, just like most Australians believe in equality and freedom of choice. This should be made avalaible to ALL people.

“America, love it or leave it”

Location hidden

#2497 Nov 9, 2008
I am really getting sick and tired of the argument that we the people have violated gay and lesbian civil rights by voting in Prop 8. They claim they are a minority and while its true they are, its not the same as being a minority by a persons race, or that their rights are like for a persons gender or age. They are a minority because of a lifestyle. This is their choice to live this non-traditional lifestyle, its not like being born of color or a certain gender. If you choose to live this lifestyle, you accept the social ramifacations of it. If you start looking at lifestyles as civil rights, whats to say other lifestyles won't follow. For example, if I choose to be a nudist do I have the right to walk around in public naked? The answer is NO. Fundamental Mormons are a minority and believe in having more than 1 wife. Why are they not allowed this? Because a majority of the people said this is morally wrong and passed a law against it. The people have voted for traditional morals and values, live with it.
sens

United States

#2498 Nov 9, 2008
The constitution says: Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness.

hmm your right but where in that does it say thatgays have the right to force their views upon me and my children.. are We not protected or considered in the constitution,, or is it only their views that are right

like that story I read where they took a 2cd grade class to a gay wedding as a field trip......

Im sorry but That would have been a real shotgun wedding if my child were subjected to such,, but thats just another " O I M GAY SO YOU GOT TO LIKE IT" issue.

and the idiots who think its cool to have gay boy scout leaders.... OMFG why don't you put that convicted bank robber to work at a bank, put a car jacker to work as a valet, how bout give that heroin addict a job as a pharmacist.

same difference, reguardless the " sweet tooth"

Like I said live however you like just dont cram your life upon me or mine and dont parade around forceing your views upon us,,,

kinda like dont slap that guy and ya wont get knowck on your ass.. leave people alone and go one with your lifes let us be happy you be happy... how hard is that to understand
Howell-Detroit

Southfield, MI

#2499 Nov 9, 2008
James Holsinger's 1991 study of homosexuality "placed scientific substance over political correctness by unapologetically demonstrating the seemingly self-evident reality that from a medical standpoint, homosexual behaviors such as male-on-male sodomy are 'unnatural' and 'unhealthy' and run entirely counter to natural human biological design..."

(James Holsinger was nominated for the position of U.S. surgeon general in the early 1990s. He earned his medical degree from Duke University; he also holds master's degrees from Asbury Theological Seminary and the University of South Carolina)

“Live and let live ”

Los Angeles CA.

#2500 Nov 9, 2008
Larry Craig wrote:
<quoted text>
Come on Randy, you are as gay as they come. You just haven't come out yet.
No Miss Larry I'm not gay but I have no problem leaving people alone if their not hurting anyone. Try it sometime. You sound like one of those bullies I use to thump when they picked on people. Your just a child. Grow up.
Fish

Hackettstown, NJ

#2501 Nov 9, 2008
AirCav wrote:
My God did you see the video of the Gays in Palm, Springs. They were having one of their tirades with signs and shouting and getting all whipped into a frenzy when an elderly lady with a cross tried to protest them.
They spit on her and assaulted her and knocked the cross out of her hands.
I will be using that video to fight any attempt by Gays to reverse prop 8.
What the hell kind of people are you. Beating up an old lady just because she disagrees with you.
Man I wish I would have been there. I would have taught those gay little boys some manners.
Bunch of Gay Hitler Youth showing that they are the violent and intolerant ones.
Did you see the way those Christians were having one of their tirades and whipping themselves into a frenzy? Using your logic, ALL Christians must be like this.

http://usatoday.com/news/religion/2008-11-09-...

Fish

Hackettstown, NJ

#2502 Nov 9, 2008
ifrit2020 wrote:
<quoted text>
Geez.. drinking beer, fair enough. Gay bashing as part of you national culture? Thats really quite sad.
Gay people - please visit Australia. We are not perfect in many ways but we do believe in everyone having a fair go. Many Americans I know, just like most Australians believe in equality and freedom of choice. This should be made avalaible to ALL people.
Gay bashing is the domain of backward religious fundamentalists, not all Americans.
Howell-Detroit

Southfield, MI

#2503 Nov 9, 2008
Thats Nice Elliot wrote:
<quoted text>
You think we should take a page from Iran's stance on homosexuality? How christlike.
Islam's condemnation of homosexuality is identical to Judaism's, and, so, Iran's position on homosexuality is 100% Christlike.

You are in true form tonight, meaning, you are speaking in haste, and getting corrected by me at leisure.

Since: Aug 08

Venice Beach, CA

#2504 Nov 9, 2008
JOIN THE IMPACT - NATIONAL PROTEST OF PROP 8 ON NOVEMBER 15TH
http://www.jointheimpact.com/
We canít wait for any large scale organization to get the word out for us. We have 1 week to put together a NATIONAL PROTEST and start a mobilized movement for equality! When we all come together as one voice on November 15th, we will show the nation that we can do more than just talk, we can act! We wonít solve everything in one protest, but we will fuel the fire to a conversation that can not be silenced! If we stop talking about equality for all, then we will lose the battle. If we allow others to stop talking about it, then we will lose. Hate is not the lack of love, itís the fear of that which we do not know. This protest along with many others gives us the chance to build on the conversation and educate the masses. Itís very simple: Infiltrate, Educate, and STOP HATE!
http://www.jointheimpact.com/

“Live and let live ”

Los Angeles CA.

#2505 Nov 9, 2008
ifrit2020 wrote:
<quoted text>
Wooooo Hoooooo sounds better than here. See this is what happens when uneducated people get a hold of a computer. In real life nobody will listen to them so they feel the need to come on the post with no facts an spew their crap that makes no sense.
Wow

Coldwater, MI

#2506 Nov 9, 2008
Wow wrote:
Oh it' just a matter of time before pedophiles start stealing the lime light for their rights too. You can ask any cop who has interviewed pedophiles and how strong the lust is. Sexual deviance no matter how you sugar coat it in the media is still just that. Of course no one wants to look at it like that because "Gay is normal"...
Im sure pedophiles and rapists in many cases feel the same way. OHHHH WAIT some of you are already drawing lines. I know you're already forming the retort to this. It's ok for this action or that action but we'll keep the other actions buried?
So examine it.. what's wrong with a 40 year old man seducing a 12 year old girl? Ohhhh she's not mentally ready to make those kind of decisions...
YET YOU ALLOW THE CRAP TO BE PLAYED ON TV ALL THE TIME TO SEDUCE YOUR YOUNG TEENS IN THE SAME MANNER!
OHHHHHH quick.. ignore the comment.. shrug it off.. it doesn't make sense to say such a thing because as everyong knows the constant barage of television/other forms of media playing the same thing over and over again CANT POSSIBLY HAVE AN EFFECT ON PEOPLE!
To that I would say.. idiots. Of course it has everything to do with it. Commercials do it to you all the time. Things are built to entice. Suggestion is a powerful thing specially when it's subtle enough that most are blind to it.
So lets just open the flood gates... if you have a sexual preference no matter what lets just give it rights. Lets make it a protected civil right and teach it in schools. Imagine how many people you would make happy just be giving them the freedom to come after your little boy or daughter.
You people are so blinded by the liberal left it's disgusting. The world you're setting up for your children/grand children is going to be a far cry from what it is today and I don't mean in a good way.
OHHHH WAITTTTT .. it won't matter by then because many of you are so worthless you dope the kids up because it's easier to dope than parent that it won't matter much anyway.
They will be mindless drones going along with whatever is put before them. They won't be afforded the same rights and thoughts that you had.
ANNND remember you did that. Not that you care... you're so pompous with your self described intellect that this won't phase you at all. MTV won't let you see past the veil of tomorrow and you're ok with that.
And you call Christians mindless sheep. They're the last line between what MTV wants for your kids and what is actually right for your kids.
Just keep kicking God out.. the christian voice will eventually be gone and you'll be left to your own devices.
There is a train a coming and you're too stupid to get off the tracks.
I agree with what you say ,and I do feel that I have to share with you what Professionals in the criminal justice,psychiatric and the social work fields say about sexual deviants, Pedaphiles and the like, They are like a lion they have to find prey, they have to eat. They don't care about the victim, they care only about self gratification. And they never get better. These acts against society are truly the plague of yesterday and today. May God help us and them! Prop 8 is a move in the direction of normalicy.

“Karma is a wonderful thing!”

Location hidden

#2507 Nov 9, 2008
rich777 wrote:
It's A Real Fact In Iran They Terminate Gay People Over There To Keep Order, And Yet, We In America Treat & Give You SPECIAL Treatments, And Now You Want MORE Special PRIVILIDGES!
Give us a break! We Had enough!
YES on 8!
YES Remove ARNOLD & All His Gay Cronies For They Have Committed TREASON On Our Constitution!
What the LGBT community is asking for is not a priviledge but a right to be treated as any other individual and not be judged by their sexual preference.

Being gay or straight does not stop an individual from going to the drive thru. Being gay or straight does not stop a person from voting. BUT being gay does take away a right that everyone should have and that is:

1. From holding a good job
2. From having healthcare
3. From being there when their loved one is on their death bed
4. Being judged on the content of their character and not the peference of their sexual orientation.

What exactly is it that you have had enough with? Do you get spit on when people find out about your sexual preference? Do you get turned down when you are applying for a house or an apartment because it is discovered that you are gay?

There is good and bad in the homosexual community but hey guess what? There is good and bad in the heterosexual community as well.

Your argument is weak. Find another one because this one does not hold water.
Howell-Detroit

Southfield, MI

#2508 Nov 9, 2008
Dr. Neil Whitehead is a research scientist and biochemist from New Zealand and is his wife Briar Whitehead is a writer. Dr. Whitehead coauthored a book with with his wife entitled 'My Genes Made Me Do It" - a scientific look at sexual orientation which argues that there is no genetic determinism in regards to homosexuality (homosexuals are "not born that way") and that there is abundant documentation that individuals are able to leave homosexuality and become heterosexuals.

“Want to protect marriage?”

Then BAN DIVORCE!

#2509 Nov 9, 2008
Howell-Detroit wrote:
In regard to homosexuality and syphilis, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) stated that their data suggests that approximately 64 percent of all adult primary and secondary syphilis cases in 2004 were among men who have sex with men.
("New CDC Data Show Syphilis Increasing in Men", CDC Media Relations Press Release, November 8, 2005])
Here's the link to the ACTUAL CDC article titled "New CDC Data Show Syphilis Increasing in Men".

http://www.cdc.gov/std/Media/2004surv.htm

Oddly enough, the quote cited by Howell here is completely absent, as is any mention of homosexuality at all.

A search of the quote in question turned up a link to Conservipedia, which has almost no regard for the actual truth as it pertains to homosexuality.

Though, the users on conservapedia do seem avidly interested in the topic.
Fish

Hackettstown, NJ

#2510 Nov 9, 2008
Howell-Detroit wrote:
<quoted text>Islam's condemnation of homosexuality is identical to Judaism's, and, so, Iran's position on homosexuality is 100% Christlike.
How profound, especially considering that Islam, Christianity and Judaism are all Abrahamic religions.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The gay cafe for GLBT, friends and family (Oct '09) 6 min Black Peepls 67,981
Is Vladimir Putin Another Adolf Hitler? 53 min Mr Slovak 912
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 56 min Pietro Armando 54,998
Once more on fascism knocking on the Balkan doo... (Aug '09) 1 hr Dr Milan Sufflay 1,078
Westboro church argues funeral protest protecte... (Jul '10) 2 hr Swedenforever 8
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 2 hr D-U-H 49,539
Westboro Baptist founder dies 2 hr Swedenforever 75
Supreme Court: Was gay marriage settled in 1972... 5 hr Frankie Rizzo 558
Biggest Gay Lies 6 hr Duran 1,722
California Takes a Stand Against Gay and Trans ... 10 hr Fa-Foxy 54
Gay Marriage Vs. the First Amendment 18 hr Frankie Rizzo 410
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Gay/Lesbian People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••