Thank God for Prop 8

Thank God for Prop 8

There are 15015 comments on the The Daily Nexus story from Nov 6, 2008, titled Thank God for Prop 8. In it, The Daily Nexus reports that:

Jesus and his proponents have finally saved us from the evils of gay marriage, thanks to the passing of Prop 8. Proposition 8 passing is far and away the most pressing matter within California these days, as ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Daily Nexus.

Wow

Pasadena, TX

#2464 Nov 9, 2008
Oh it' just a matter of time before pedophiles start stealing the lime light for their rights too. You can ask any cop who has interviewed pedophiles and how strong the lust is. Sexual deviance no matter how you sugar coat it in the media is still just that. Of course no one wants to look at it like that because "Gay is normal"...

Im sure pedophiles and rapists in many cases feel the same way. OHHHH WAIT some of you are already drawing lines. I know you're already forming the retort to this. It's ok for this action or that action but we'll keep the other actions buried?

So examine it.. what's wrong with a 40 year old man seducing a 12 year old girl? Ohhhh she's not mentally ready to make those kind of decisions...

YET YOU ALLOW THE CRAP TO BE PLAYED ON TV ALL THE TIME TO SEDUCE YOUR YOUNG TEENS IN THE SAME MANNER!

OHHHHHH quick.. ignore the comment.. shrug it off.. it doesn't make sense to say such a thing because as everyong knows the constant barage of television/other forms of media playing the same thing over and over again CANT POSSIBLY HAVE AN EFFECT ON PEOPLE!

To that I would say.. idiots. Of course it has everything to do with it. Commercials do it to you all the time. Things are built to entice. Suggestion is a powerful thing specially when it's subtle enough that most are blind to it.

So lets just open the flood gates... if you have a sexual preference no matter what lets just give it rights. Lets make it a protected civil right and teach it in schools. Imagine how many people you would make happy just be giving them the freedom to come after your little boy or daughter.

You people are so blinded by the liberal left it's disgusting. The world you're setting up for your children/grand children is going to be a far cry from what it is today and I don't mean in a good way.

OHHHH WAITTTTT .. it won't matter by then because many of you are so worthless you dope the kids up because it's easier to dope than parent that it won't matter much anyway.

They will be mindless drones going along with whatever is put before them. They won't be afforded the same rights and thoughts that you had.

ANNND remember you did that. Not that you care... you're so pompous with your self described intellect that this won't phase you at all. MTV won't let you see past the veil of tomorrow and you're ok with that.

And you call Christians mindless sheep. They're the last line between what MTV wants for your kids and what is actually right for your kids.

Just keep kicking God out.. the christian voice will eventually be gone and you'll be left to your own devices.

There is a train a coming and you're too stupid to get off the tracks.

“Want to protect marriage?”

Since: Nov 08

Then BAN DIVORCE!

#2466 Nov 9, 2008
GrannyCEB wrote:
<quoted text>
Simply put, because it IS the Word of our Lord God and, believe, God is real!
Romans 1:26-27 (New International Version)
26Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones. 27In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion.
Taking the first amendment into consideration, why do you think it's okay to mandate religious opinion into secular law?

Also, what about those churches who believe in the right for gay couples to marry? Wouldn't the law infringe on their rights?

“Live and let live ”

Since: Oct 08

Los Angeles CA.

#2470 Nov 9, 2008
Wow wrote:
Marriage is the union between a man and a woman. anything other than that relationship is in a catagory in it's self. maybe common law cohabitation, whatever!Do what you need to do, however don't try to force the majority of human beings on this planet to accept and quantify your way of life. To each his own. I personally don't understand why, or really care about the extra rights the gay community is striving for. I however think individuals should have the same rights as others which brings me back to my first sentence. Marriage is described as a union between a man and a woman. Anything else would be asking for more rights than the citizens of the U.S.A. currently have. Why should homosexuals have more rights than everyone else?
Why should they have less rights than everyone else other than stupidity.

Then BAN DIVORCE!

#2471 Nov 9, 2008
rich777 wrote:
Gays Own All The Gold, Money, & Mansions!
Which is why John McCain owns 7 houses, and I'm struggling just to pay rent.

Why not try a reasoned argument that you can back up with evidence and logic? Just blathering on about how Arnold is gay isn't going to get you anywhere. You just look like a cross eyed raving village idiot.
Howell-Detroit

Farmington, MI

#2472 Nov 9, 2008
Thats Nice Elliot wrote:
<quoted text>
Paul Kokoski is a reader who writes in to the editorial section of Yemen Times. He is, by no means, a credible journalist, or even a journalist at all. Much less an expert on anything he is talking about.
He is not writing in the capacity of journalist, but of opinion-giver. I didn't even know that he was a journalist until you told me. I just liked the way he says what I agree with.

Tell some of the major news organizations of the world that he is by no means a credble journalist. These are some of the ones he contributes to:

Pravda (Russia's leading news organization)
The Washington Examiner
The Warsaw Voice
Nation's News (Barbados' leading newspaper)
Walks The Line

Los Angeles, CA

#2473 Nov 9, 2008
Wow wrote:
You people are so blinded by the liberal left it's disgusting.
Yeah, followers of the conservative right aren't blind at all! It's smart to willingly give up some of our rights in order to save us from the "terrorists!" HA, SHEEP! That's the whole point...to get you to think it's YOUR idea. We're all manipulated by the people who run the world including the religious leaders.

“Live and let live ”

Los Angeles CA.

#2474 Nov 9, 2008
Howell-Detroit wrote:
<quoted text>Gays and straights do have equal rights, right now. Always have. There is no discrimination under the law. Straights can marry the opposite gender, and so can gays. Totally level playing field. Likewise, it is illegal for straights to marry a person of the same gender, and also illegal for gays to marry a person of the same gender. The same law applies to both. What simple logic, openly true for everyone to see.
This boy has put this post in here at least 7 times that I know of. Just a spammer with no material.
fed up

New York, NY

#2475 Nov 9, 2008
rich777 wrote:
] They are already have millions of dollars in their bank accounts! Gays drive the most expensive cars. They are actors, singes, movie stars and they want more special treatments! Give us a break! We had enough of their rich spoiled life. We around the world are struggling to make ends meat while they are spending over 70 MILLION dollars in no prop 8 for more special protection of a free CHOICE of sexual living that they are making for themselves! Why don't they give some of their $$$ millions of dollars by helping the poor? Why don't they help homeowners pay off their mortgages? Why don't they help create more jobs? Why don't they donate millions to childrens hospitals? Why don't gays come out to donate more of their money to inner citys? Instead, they keep buying more toys, more gold, more mansions & more mercedes while we americans are suffering in these hard economic times!
I'm a fellow Democratic Party voter that's a bit perplexed by this whole conflict over "marriage." While I think some of what you're saying is over the top, it's true that many of these gays are part of the bourgeois economic class. And "marriage" is a central bourgeois institution historically. Nonetheless, hypocritically the gays are presenting themselves as progressives, or ingratiating themselves with progressives, while they clamour for the bourgeois respectibility that comes with the institutions cherished by that class. Both sides should stop quarelling, since it's just a question of materialistic, mediocre, consumerists trying to come together over a term that only seems to divide them.
Walks The Line

Los Angeles, CA

#2476 Nov 9, 2008
rich777 wrote:
STOP Complaing West Hollywood, San Francisco, & Venice!
The IRANIANS Will Soon Be Knocking On Your Doors With Their Suit Cases And Soon You Will Be Transported To Another Planet!
Typical. You fear who you've been told to fear.

“Karma is a wonderful thing!”

Location hidden

#2477 Nov 9, 2008
I sat and read the posts about this topic and I cannot help but wonder who gave one individual the right to tell another person what to do with their life.

If it is wrong then they will deal with GOD on that front but who are we to judge them.

Someone's sexual preference does not make the person. There are a great deal of individuals who are gay and people do not know it because they keep it to themselves for various reasons.

The constitution says: Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness. It seems as though their liberties and their pursuit of happiness has been taken away.

Don't hide behind Jesus and/or the bible because everything is subject to ones interpretation.

Be careful of standing in judgement of someone because you would not want somone standing in judgement of you.
Jug Head

Kelseyville, CA

#2478 Nov 9, 2008
The people who let it all hang out at the gay parade in SF create an image that is difficult to overcome for the vast majority of gay people in the US. The mayor of SF and the extroverts have created a difficult political hurtle for gay people to overcome.

Then BAN DIVORCE!

#2480 Nov 9, 2008
proudmomofamarine wrote:
I sat and read the posts about this topic and I cannot help but wonder who gave one individual the right to tell another person what to do with their life.
If it is wrong then they will deal with GOD on that front but who are we to judge them.
Someone's sexual preference does not make the person. There are a great deal of individuals who are gay and people do not know it because they keep it to themselves for various reasons.
The constitution says: Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness. It seems as though their liberties and their pursuit of happiness has been taken away.
Don't hide behind Jesus and/or the bible because everything is subject to ones interpretation.
Be careful of standing in judgement of someone because you would not want somone standing in judgement of you.
Thank you. I'm heartened to hear someone around here talking a little sense.
Larry Craig

Corona, CA

#2482 Nov 9, 2008
I voted YES on 8!

The prop passed and I'm Tappin My Toes!(Oh, excuse me sir...)

Oh Boy Oh Boy
Howell-Detroit

Farmington, MI

#2483 Nov 9, 2008
Randy Zasloff wrote:
<quoted text>This boy has put this post in here at least 7 times that I know of. Just a spammer with no material.
I have posted 3 sources in the last 2 hours. What are you talking about? You've posted one source (YOU are that source) in the last 2 days. I have no material? Now you AND Matt Lauer are being glib.

“Live and let live ”

Los Angeles CA.

#2484 Nov 9, 2008
proudmomofamarine wrote:
I'm wondering how many bof them have done "anything" for humanity. Their not even qualified to respond to this issue. And I'm sick that people are trying to use my loving God as their weapon. Boy do they have a surprise when they try to get to Heaven.

Then BAN DIVORCE!

#2485 Nov 9, 2008
Howell-Detroit wrote:
<quoted text>He is not writing in the capacity of journalist, but of opinion-giver. I didn't even know that he was a journalist until you told me. I just liked the way he says what I agree with.
Tell some of the major news organizations of the world that he is by no means a credble journalist. These are some of the ones he contributes to:
Pravda (Russia's leading news organization)
The Washington Examiner
The Warsaw Voice
Nation's News (Barbados' leading newspaper)
He contributes to other magazines.

He's still not a journalist.
sens

United States

#2487 Nov 9, 2008
saddly these people want us to respect their views and force it upon us... sorry how bout respect that we dont want YOur Views crammed down our throats.

is that so hard to understand.....

Gays or whatever word you want us to call you today, are not my cup of tea , but i dont go out bashing them or messing with them, but it does get really really really old watching them try and force their views upon us.. Im sorry live your life however you like its not my business but by god dont invade my life with your BS

“Live and let live ”

Los Angeles CA.

#2488 Nov 9, 2008
Jug Head wrote:
The people who let it all hang out at the gay parade in SF create an image that is difficult to overcome for the vast majority of gay people in the US. The mayor of SF and the extroverts have created a difficult political hurtle for gay people to overcome.
I use to live in New Orleans ever been to Mardi Gras I've been to 6 of them.
Larry Craig

Corona, CA

#2489 Nov 9, 2008
rich777 wrote:
Remove Arnold~!
YES on 8!
I take it from the way you are tapping my foot, you might want to fool around? Come on Big Boy, let rock and roll!

Since: Aug 08

Venice Beach, CA

#2490 Nov 9, 2008
Protests sweep across Calif. on post-Prop 8 Sunday
By THOMAS WATKINS

In Oakland, a large protest at the city's Mormon temple led the California Highway Patrol to close two highway ramps to ensure pedestrian safety. Protest organizers said they hoped to tone down the anger that has characterized some previous demonstrations.

"Our intent is not to disturb churchgoers," organizer Tim DeBenedictis said in a statement. "Our goal is to mend fences and build bridges so that all Californians can achieve marriage equality under the law."

The pastor of the 4,000-member All Saints Church in Pasadena spoke out against Proposition 8, calling the religious community's support of it "embarrassing."

The church announced that while it could no longer legally marry same-sex couples, it would continue blessing gay civil unions.

"It's very unfortunate and embarrassing that the (Christian religion) is in large part responsible for this act of bigotry," the Rev. Ed Bacon said after his sermon.

In Sacramento, a protest at the state Capitol was boisterous but peaceful as speakers led the crowd in noisy chants. Protesters waved rainbow flags, a symbol of the gay rights movement, and "No on 8" signs as police watched from the side.

Speaking on CNN's "Late Edition" Sunday, Republican Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger expressed disappointment at Proposition 8's passage.

"It is unfortunate," Schwarzenegger said. "But it is not the end because I think this will go back into the courts.... It's the same as in the 1948 case when blacks and whites were not allowed to marry. This falls into the same category."
http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5hZmLBrL36N...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 1 hr Wondering 51,265
News California just added four more 'discriminatory... 2 hr spud 17
News Doritos makes rainbow chips in support of gay r... (Sep '15) 3 hr neighbor 1,857
Jades Diary 5 4 hr Maze 2
News Gay bar opens near Macon Road, drawing visitors... 5 hr Will Dockery 96
Can a Man be Gay But Only Like Oral Sex? (Aug '13) 5 hr Frankford 15
News Lesbian couple get divorce after politically ch... 5 hr Mari cone 17
News California AG bans state travel to Texas, 3 oth... 9 hr davy 67
Mississippi can enforce LGBT religious objecti... 16 hr Frankie Rizzo 10
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 16 hr Frankie Rizzo 26,386
More from around the web