Thank God for Prop 8

Thank God for Prop 8

There are 15015 comments on the The Daily Nexus story from Nov 6, 2008, titled Thank God for Prop 8. In it, The Daily Nexus reports that:

Jesus and his proponents have finally saved us from the evils of gay marriage, thanks to the passing of Prop 8. Proposition 8 passing is far and away the most pressing matter within California these days, as ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Daily Nexus.

fed up

New York, NY

#2240 Nov 9, 2008
ice- wrote:
What kind of moron would suggest only gays can be here?
The kind that doesn't realize that threads can be found under multiple headings, or doesn't see the side bar with most popular threads that lists this in second place. Yep, everyone is barging into the Gay forum tonight. How odd.
allGODSpeople

Boone, NC

#2241 Nov 9, 2008
Why are we so concerned about gay marriage? If they want to get married, isn't that their business? Besides, GOD has the last word anyway.
Howell-Detroit

Farmington, MI

#2242 Nov 9, 2008
Cindy wrote:
<quoted text>
Passed by people who believe marriage as it's been traditionally should be kept the way it is.
Your the type of prop 8 opponent who would come and vandalize my car if I had a vote yes to prop 8 sticker on my car i bet!
Who's the hater now???
It's hard to refrain from taking this man [Pat Buchanan] by the throat and squeezing him as hard as you can while you look at his ugly, disgusting face and watch the eyeballs burst and pop out of their sockets. Or maybe you feel like sqishing his demented brain until the rot oozes out of it and onto the pavement. I have no problem imagining violence against this wacko..."
(Michaelangelo Signnorile, editor-at-large if the homosexual magazine "Outweek", quoted in the ["National Review", June 24, 1991])

"If (AIDS) research money is not forthcoming at a certain level by a certain date, all gay males should give blood. Whatever action is required to get national attention is valid. If that includes blood terrorism, so be it." (Robert Schwab "Homosexuals Flex Muscles in Washington" [American Family Association Journal, January, 1988, pgs. 6-8)

"We should have shut sown the subway and burned down city hall. I think rioting is a valid tactic and should be tried... If someone took out [killed] Jesse Helms or William Dannemeyer of California, I would be the first to stand up and applaud.(ACT-UP (gay rights group) member Michael Petrelis, quoted in Michael Wilrich. "Uncivil Disobedience" [Mother Jones, Dec. 1990, pg. 16])

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#2245 Nov 9, 2008
ice- wrote:
<quoted text>Wow..you just moved up a notch on my bedpost.
This person acts as if this thread is only for gays and i gotta tell you..im feeling a little discriminated against. What a bigot.
Gee, I went from you like me, to you giving me a child, to a dummy and now I am on your bedpost. You sure keep a lady wondering where she stands with you.

Kidding aside, just because we are on different sides of the fence doesn't mean I won't stand up for you when I think you are right. Of course you have every right to be here. Regardless of what forum you entered from.

BTW I don't have to share that bedpost with Howell do I?
Howell-Detroit

Farmington, MI

#2247 Nov 9, 2008
Mark Slaughter has got to be the most underrated rock music singer ever. Discuss.

Since: Aug 08

Venice Beach, CA

#2248 Nov 9, 2008
ice- wrote:
<quoted text>Nice going gregg..now im aroused and surrounded by gays.
LOL, well you know there's nothing like having your face buried in that sacred mound and watching her eyes roll into the back of her head. Now that's INSANE!
Howell-Detroit

Farmington, MI

#2250 Nov 9, 2008
ice- wrote:
<quoted text>Right on..i stand shoulder to shoulder with you in defense of decency. Lets appoint cindy to treasurer.
Just call the shots. I've got my ruling planet in scorpio, which means I crave executing orders.(The sign of the fanatic, and so forth, you know)
what

United States

#2252 Nov 9, 2008
The Authority wrote:
<quoted text>
god isn't real you buffoon. People are though, and you hating people and denying them things you take for granted is almost pure evil.
LOL, if God doesn't exist how can evil exist? If to men or two women want to do what ever it is they do that is for God to take care of. What I don't want is things like kids not being able to talk about their Mom and Dad because it might offend someone. That is just stypid. What is wrong with civil unions and changing the law to give civil unions the same monitary and personal rights married people have? In the end God will have the last word and it isn't just homosexuals that will be the losers. This is a sick vile world and homosexuality is just part of the problem.
Howell-Detroit

Farmington, MI

#2253 Nov 9, 2008
Junker wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW I don't have to share that bedpost with Howell do I?
I don't get it.
Hooton Hears a Whor

AOL

#2254 Nov 9, 2008
ice- wrote:
<quoted text>Dear Horton Hears Your Mom: Go away dummy.
*applauds*

Bravo. The best comeback EVER. Did you come up with that last night while you were putting it your mother? I was going to say your father, but *gasp* man-on-man love is forbidden in your bible.
Hooton Hears a Whor

AOL

#2256 Nov 9, 2008
I'm sorry, I met to say "while you were putting it TO your mother". Just one word could ruin a sentence.
Howell-Detroit

Farmington, MI

#2257 Nov 9, 2008
ice- wrote:
<quoted text>Likewise darlin.. and no..howell is on the other bedpost
I still don't get it.
cspan

Edmonton, Canada

#2258 Nov 9, 2008
Student Gregg wrote:
<quoted text>Why can't pilots be satisfied in coach instead of in the front seat? Because someone has to have the fun in flying high, Louise.
Some people are born with a talent. Why waste it?
There's plenty of guys that were born with the talent to dive in between a female's lower lips and deliver a powerful sensation that women can talk about for DAYS.
Sorry not good enough.This doesn`t explain why a dude would want to have swordplay,and s***pushing when there`s so many hot women.Confussing!?
Hooton Hears a Whor

AOL

#2259 Nov 9, 2008
what wrote:
<quoted text>That is just stypid.
I agree. Everything you just said was extremely "stypid".
Howell-Detroit

Farmington, MI

#2261 Nov 9, 2008
Hooton Hears a Whor wrote:
<quoted text>
*applauds*
Bravo. The best comeback EVER. Did you come up with that last night while you were putting it your mother? I was going to say your father, but *gasp* man-on-man love is forbidden in your bible.
"Thomas Hamilton of Dunblaine, Scotland is Britain's worst mass-murderer in modern history. Hamilton killed 16 children at an elementary school on March 13, 1996. According to the New York Times (a liberal publication, no less), Hamilton was obsessed with boys. Ousted from the Boy Scouts in 1974 for 'complaints about unstable and possibly improper behavior following a scout camp," Hamilton later formed his own boys' club. Once again, children complained that 'he was very familiar, made them take their shirts off and was obsessed with photographing them." Upset that he had been branded a 'pervert', Hamilton apparently took his revenge against the town of Dunblaine by killing their children."
Howell-Detroit

Farmington, MI

#2263 Nov 9, 2008
Hooton Hears a Whor wrote:
I'm sorry, I met to say "while you were putting it TO your mother". Just one word could ruin a sentence.
No, we understood it just fine the first time. The mistke was alsmost transparent. Thanks for checking in, though.

Since: Aug 08

Venice Beach, CA

#2264 Nov 9, 2008
cspan wrote:
<quoted text> Sorry not good enough.This doesn`t explain why a dude would want to have swordplay,and s***pushing when there`s so many hot women.Confussing!?
Didn't you read what I wrote or you lost it when I gave you a straight analogy.

Some of us are born that way, just like some of us are born with talented tongues
Howell-Detroit

Farmington, MI

#2266 Nov 9, 2008
ANARCHISM is notoriously pluralistic in the sense that there are many *philosophers* and many *schools* with no obvious common ground except the rejection of political sovereignty implicit in an-archia. Not unreasonably, anarchism is frequently taken to be a family of minimally related ideas that deny the legitimacy of the state and (usually) propose its abolition. This view, although texts in support of it could be cited, is narrow; for anarchism is not merely antistate, somehow it is an idea or theory of freedom.

(-David Weick)
harebrain

United States

#2267 Nov 9, 2008
Howell-Detroit wrote:
<quoted text>It's hard to refrain from taking this man [Pat Buchanan] by the throat and squeezing him as hard as you can while you look at his ugly, disgusting face and watch the eyeballs burst and pop out of their sockets. Or maybe you feel like sqishing his demented brain until the rot oozes out of it and onto the pavement. I have no problem imagining violence against this wacko..."
(Michaelangelo Signnorile, editor-at-large if the homosexual magazine "Outweek", quoted in the ["National Review", June 24, 1991])
"If (AIDS) research money is not forthcoming at a certain level by a certain date, all gay males should give blood. Whatever action is required to get national attention is valid. If that includes blood terrorism, so be it." (Robert Schwab "Homosexuals Flex Muscles in Washington" [American Family Association Journal, January, 1988, pgs. 6-8)
"We should have shut sown the subway and burned down city hall. I think rioting is a valid tactic and should be tried... If someone took out [killed] Jesse Helms or William Dannemeyer of California, I would be the first to stand up and applaud.(ACT-UP (gay rights group) member Michael Petrelis, quoted in Michael Wilrich. "Uncivil Disobedience" [Mother Jones, Dec. 1990, pg. 16])
Man, you are one sick puppy! Why is it that when gays don't get their way they act like they're suffering from a permanent case of PMS? HIV positive men should give blood? And you think that will help your cause? Good thing you don't work for a PR firm! Have someone's wife die from AIDS because of this and see the reaction. He'll be out looking for gays as if they had a bounty on them. And they will...a moral bounty imposed by none other than gays themselves. You're gonna see a nightmare you can't even imagine if something like that should happen. What an absolutely stupid and outrageous statement!
At this moment in time gays have every right anyone else does; what you're asking for is special privilege to force people to accept openly behavior they may deem abhorrent or unnatural. Marriage isn't a 'right'; it's a set of legal obligations imposed by the state on a realtionship between a man and a woman, a union that normally leads to children and the future population of the nation. Trying to extend those obligations to a union between two people of the same sex is like trying to impose the rules for bowling on a baseball game; they would be totally inappropriate and inadequate. But after your comments in the referenced statement above, I doubt you can understand logic, so I'm probably wasting my time. If you think your statements belong in any rational discussion, you are even sicker than you appear to be. Go live life as you see fit; just don't try to force acceptance of your lifestyle on anyone else.
dukeofhighpoint

Yuba City, CA

#2268 Nov 9, 2008
Standup wrote:
<quoted text>
Well you keep up the good fight in Nevada. We did it here in Texas and voted it down overwhelmingly. I can't imagine it passing anywhere if it couldn't pass in California. If we stay strong and stand up for families, then we cannot be defeated. I am sick and tired of the demands of a few being put above the rights of the majority. I am sick and tired of it all.
People are sick and tired ot it all over. However these people are going to continue to push the issue until it is legal in America. It is not going to stop in California. This was the state the decided to push it because they thought they could get it passed then it would spread. It is not just marriage they want they also want it taught in the schools as an acceptable activity. People will have to decide either stand up to them and fight or let them have their way. They are not going to stop and you won`t win an argument with one. This will eventualy end up in hte US Supreme Court.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Gay couple denied baby through surrogate challe... 36 min spud 33
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 4 hr River Tam 56,093
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 4 hr cpeter1313 9,968
News A 2nd former Hershey School student says he was... 5 hr Bob 10
News Michigan sued after gay couples are rejected fo... 5 hr Ex Senator Santpo... 36
News Former Missouri college wrestler sentenced for ... 5 hr Ex Senator Santpo... 7
News Downers library official faces removal after re... 5 hr BHS alum 2
News Judge rejects couple's argument for refusing ga... 6 hr Bernice 69
News Gay teen against same-sex marriage heckled at u... 7 hr Ex Senator Santpo... 52
News Senate hopeful Roy Moore: gay sex is the 'same ... 8 hr Prisoner of my Mo... 29
More from around the web