younger americans accept full humanit...

younger americans accept full humanity of gays

There are 35 comments on the news.yahoo.com story from Mar 31, 2013, titled younger americans accept full humanity of gays. In it, news.yahoo.com reports that:

Familiarity breeds ... acceptance. That's why the battle for full equality for gays and lesbians is already won, no matter what the U.S. Supreme Court decides. A generation of young Americans has grown up with openly gay friends, neighbors and family members, teachers, preachers and entertainment idols. They know them in all their humanity: as responsible parents, as respectable business owners, as conscientious churchgoers, as liars, as cheaters, as drunks. For voters under 35, gay and lesbian Americans are no strange breed apart; they are simply people, just like heterosexuals.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at news.yahoo.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Equality First”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#25 Apr 1, 2013
Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>That whole tale is really touched on in the old favorite "Jesus Christ, Superstar" Judas comes off as a true victim who was terribly used by God from the very beginning. It isn't clear, but Jesus PROBABLY already knows what is going to happen and lets it go, to push through His ultimate agenda.
All the complaining about "Jews killed Christ!" or "Romans killed Christ" and "how our savior suffered!" were all VITAL to keep the whiners and pissers of today, to keep their asses out of HELL.
Poor Judas should be given a free pass out of Hell and HIS paintings should be in churches along with Jesus' and Mary's.
Even tho I am not a Christian, I really enjoy that show (stage and movie), and I remember how put upon he was shown to be, poor guy. Here he does exactly what their God has designed him to do, and then is portrayed as a villain by the contemporary followers of Christianity. What dopes.

“Unconvinced”

Since: Nov 09

Seattle, WA

#26 Apr 1, 2013
RalphB wrote:
Now that you bring it up, I have always wondered why Judas was so vilified by religion, and people in general. After all, he did everyone, from that day to this, a HUGE favor (if you believe the story). If he hadn't betrayed Jesus, how would the world have been "saved"? Personally, I'd say he was a hero (again, only if you believe the story).
Same thing with the people who complain that the Jews murdered Jesus. If they hadn't, there'd be no story. These people always sound as if they'd prefer it if Jesus had NOT been crucified, but they don't seem to consider how the tale would have played out.

It all makes as much sense as insisting that Jesus "sacrificed" something for the world. He died and came back to life, and then became God. How does that count as a "sacrifice"? Sounds like a cherry deal to me! People don't get back up and walk around after REAL death, the kind that REAL people ACTUALLY sacrifice themselves, their children, and other loved ones to every day.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#27 Apr 1, 2013
OK. THIS one is off-topic in under 20, too.

Off to greener pastures.

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

#28 Apr 1, 2013
EdmondWA wrote:
<quoted text>
Same thing with the people who complain that the Jews murdered Jesus. If they hadn't, there'd be no story. These people always sound as if they'd prefer it if Jesus had NOT been crucified, but they don't seem to consider how the tale would have played out.
It all makes as much sense as insisting that Jesus "sacrificed" something for the world. He died and came back to life, and then became God. How does that count as a "sacrifice"? Sounds like a cherry deal to me! People don't get back up and walk around after REAL death, the kind that REAL people ACTUALLY sacrifice themselves, their children, and other loved ones to every day.
I'm sure Jesus had it rough for a couple of hours, but I think He pretty much has a corner office now to make up for something that was over and done with 2000 years ago.

“We are all atheists”

Since: May 11

Lewes, DE

#30 Apr 1, 2013
Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>That whole tale is really touched on in the old favorite "Jesus Christ, Superstar" Judas comes off as a true victim who was terribly used by God from the very beginning. It isn't clear, but Jesus PROBABLY already knows what is going to happen and lets it go, to push through His ultimate agenda.
All the complaining about "Jews killed Christ!" or "Romans killed Christ" and "how our savior suffered!" were all VITAL to keep the whiners and pissers of today, to keep their asses out of HELL.
Poor Judas should be given a free pass out of Hell and HIS paintings should be in churches along with Jesus' and Mary's.
Mark Twain has some remarkable writings about the whole satan thing (especially "Letters from Earth"). He makes satan appear to be the good guy, and I'm inclined to agree with him. Worth a read.

“Unconvinced”

Since: Nov 09

Seattle, WA

#32 Apr 1, 2013
Cole wrote:
Pretty much. Nothing wrong with a couple of b!tches doing each other.
So you do support homosexuality, as long as it gets YOUR rocks off.
Cole wrote:
Man on man is just sick.
Maybe to you. Some people prefer it. If they aren't forcing you to do it too, then what do you care?

Marge Simpson put this attitude into words: "Because this is not to my taste, no one else should be able to enjoy it."

Palm Springs, California

#34 Apr 1, 2013
Cole wrote:
<quoted text>
Pretty much. Nothing wrong with a couple of b!tches doing each other.
Man on man is just sick.
Not as sick as one will get after having sex with your old skank whore mother. Sticking anything in her filth holes will get you a quick trip to the nearest ER for emergency treatments and delousing and psychiatric care to deal with the horror of touching anything that YOU plopped out of.

“Equality First”

Location hidden

#35 Apr 2, 2013
Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>Not as sick as one will get after having sex with your old skank whore mother. Sticking anything in her filth holes will get you a quick trip to the nearest ER for emergency treatments and delousing and psychiatric care to deal with the horror of touching anything that YOU plopped out of.
Come on Curteese, loosen up a little and tell us what you REALLY think.:-)

Palm Springs, California

#36 Apr 2, 2013
RalphB wrote:
<quoted text>
Come on Curteese, loosen up a little and tell us what you REALLY think.:-)
It's what I learned many decades ago, dealing with bullies, if you match them or leave them in the dust, they usually shut up and I note rarely, if ever, do they respond, for I can out insult ANYONE if pushed.

I save my "A", or possibly I should call it "Z" material for those little psycho liars who are not here to learn or discuss or understand anyone. They only come on here to toss taunts, the way a monkey tosses its own feces. I am not sure which is more disgusting. The monkeys are merely animals doing animal stuff, our little lying haters? Who knows WHAT makes them tick or what they have in mind. I'm sure the monkeys are far more intelligent.

“Equality First”

Location hidden

#37 Apr 2, 2013
Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>It's what I learned many decades ago, dealing with bullies, if you match them or leave them in the dust, they usually shut up and I note rarely, if ever, do they respond, for I can out insult ANYONE if pushed.
I save my "A", or possibly I should call it "Z" material for those little psycho liars who are not here to learn or discuss or understand anyone. They only come on here to toss taunts, the way a monkey tosses its own feces. I am not sure which is more disgusting. The monkeys are merely animals doing animal stuff, our little lying haters? Who knows WHAT makes them tick or what they have in mind. I'm sure the monkeys are far more intelligent.
I'm just glad I'm on your side. I don't have the knack of slinging it quite the way you do, but I enjoy reading it.

Palm Springs, California

#38 Apr 2, 2013
RalphB wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm just glad I'm on your side. I don't have the knack of slinging it quite the way you do, but I enjoy reading it.
Aw, thank you, my good friend. No one alive is more supportive or loyal than me, but no is more easily pissed off at bad behavior or hateful rudeness.

I've actually charmed a couple of former haters on here, who have come around and we have quite lively friendships going, despite having ZERO in common. They were gracious enough to compromise and listen and now I have absolute respect and affection for them.

The one that upsets me the most is "NoQ" who was one of the more foul mouthed posters, but he agreed, after some coaxing, to try to be respectful. At first he was hit with disdain and mistrust, but when our pals realized he was trying, he was given much support. Sadly a couple of the true psychos didn't like him NOT being criminally insane like they are and began taunting HIM and using HIS name and he tried to play along, but it got too much for him and he is now gone, I am afraid for good.

It proves the old lesson, bullies feel comfortable in mangy little packs, like hyenas or weasels, they hate it when one of theirs leaves the fold and will attack HIM more than the original targets.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#39 Apr 2, 2013
Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>It's what I learned many decades ago, dealing with bullies, if you match them or leave them in the dust, they usually shut up and I note rarely, if ever, do they respond, for I can out insult ANYONE if pushed.
I tend to agree.

I just had a couple of little old ladies come to my door this morning; turns out they were bible thumpers. Now I'm usually pretty firm- but still polite- in turning away any soliciters, but when they started condeming by soul to burn in hell for all eternity, I let them have it with both barrels!

Palm Springs, California

#40 Apr 2, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
I tend to agree.
I just had a couple of little old ladies come to my door this morning; turns out they were bible thumpers. Now I'm usually pretty firm- but still polite- in turning away any soliciters, but when they started condeming by soul to burn in hell for all eternity, I let them have it with both barrels!
A pal of mine lives in San Francisco. He works late and was sleeping peacefully one morning when someone began pounding on his door. He was so groggy he ran to the door naked and opened it to two Jehovah's witness ladies. They never came back.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#42 Apr 2, 2013
Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>A pal of mine lives in San Francisco. He works late and was sleeping peacefully one morning when someone began pounding on his door. He was so groggy he ran to the door naked and opened it to two Jehovah's witness ladies. They never came back.
I seriously considered hubby & I mooning them from our front window as they backed out the driveway!

Palm Springs, California

#43 Apr 2, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
I seriously considered hubby & I mooning them from our front window as they backed out the driveway!
I forgot to tell you that he was sporting a sleep hard on besides. That'll give those old dears something to chitty chat about next time they ring some decent person's house at some stupid hour.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'Reading a book can't turn you gay,' say author... 10 min Wondering 31
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 23 min Terra Firma 25,244
Maybe god is gay! (Dec '09) 51 min June VanDerMark 13,276
News Perry doubted his win was legitimate. Now Texas... 1 hr Ready About Face 2
News Anxiety in America up since Donald Trump became... 1 hr Big Boob Babe 64
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 1 hr Chris Rather 5,395
Why Are We Being Forced To Accept Homosexuality? (Feb '12) 2 hr Rose_NoHo 960
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 7 hr Inquisitor 46,301
More from around the web