California's big day for love, law

California's big day for love, law

There are 1 comment on the gay_blog.blogspot.com story from Jun 16, 2008, titled California's big day for love, law . In it, gay_blog.blogspot.com reports that:

LOS ANGELES - Under the gilded dome of San Francisco City Hall, Stuart Gaffney and John Lewis will be wearing tuxedos and tying the knot this week as California becomes the nation's second state allowing same-sex marriages. "After 21 years together, we're finally going to be able to be married," said Lewis, a 49-year-old lawyer who was born in Evanston, Ill., where his father and brother live. "I think it's going to be a momentous, absolute joy." The marriage on Tuesday will cap a legal odyssey that began in 2004 when San Francisco's attempt to marry the two men and other same-sex couples was voided by California's Supreme Court on the narrow point that the city exceeded its authority. But last month the two companions, along with nine lesbian and four other gay couples, convinced the same court they had a constitutional right to wed.

more.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at gay_blog.blogspot.com.

Since: Sep 07

United States

#1 Jun 16, 2008
this is a shocker .... i guess i get to be the one to leave the first hateful comment .... when are the bigoted ignorant right wing fanatics going to spew some ignorant comment about some verses in the stupid book they love to quote????
and then i will have to ask them ... read some more of that same chapter and then tell me that you are not going to burn in the same made up area that you think i will .... read,learn and drop that fictional book!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 42 min RiccardoFire 20,811
News Dean Cain Battles GLAAD, Gay Activists Over Spe... 1 hr NE Jade 3
News Former a Sesame Streeta writer says Bert and Er... 1 hr NE Jade 12
News Supreme Court sides with Colorado baker on same... 2 hr Respect71 1,910
Friday FREAK or FAIL 2 hr Miss Morph-A-Lot 2
News Biden urged to run in 2020 at Human Rights Camp... 3 hr Frankie Rizzo 5
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 3 hr Frankie Rizzo 66,591
News The migration of same-sex couples to the suburb... 4 hr Larry Craig s WC ... 28
News Hotelier Tells Lesbian Couple They 'Should Be P... 9 hr Frankie Rizzo 38