STD Rates Continue to Climb in San Fr...

STD Rates Continue to Climb in San Francisco

There are 43 comments on the EDGE story from Feb 22, 2014, titled STD Rates Continue to Climb in San Francisco. In it, EDGE reports that:

Syphilis cases in San Francisco, as shown by this chart for 2007-2012, are reported much more among men who have sex with men.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at EDGE.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#1 Feb 22, 2014
I saw "Dr. Ehrlich's Magic Bullet" for the first time ever on tv last week. Good movie.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#2 Feb 22, 2014
Are people really that stupid?

Have they never heard of a condom?

If you're contracting syphilis, you put yourself at contracting HIV as well.

Not to echo the troll GaryLloyd, but it HAS been 30 years that we've been harping on safe sex, obviously to no avail.
Sammy

Culver City, CA

#3 Feb 22, 2014
In a city where uncontrolled homosexuality has run rampant for decades, is anyone surprised
Jesus H Christ

San Mateo, CA

#4 Feb 22, 2014
Sammy wrote:
In a city where uncontrolled homosexuality has run rampant for decades, is anyone surprised
In a country where uncontrolled heterosexuality has run rampant for centuries, is anyone surprised there are idiots like you?
Fundies R Mentally ill

Philadelphia, PA

#5 Feb 22, 2014
WeTheSheeple wrote:
If you're contracting syphilis, you put yourself at contracting HIV as well.
Not necessarily correct, of course, because there are more and more efficient vectors for syphilis transmission.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#6 Feb 22, 2014
The numbers are going up among the poor.

Time to bring out the testing and condom trucks again.

The new generation aren't getting the message.
Todd

Culver City, CA

#7 Feb 22, 2014
snyper wrote:
How about teaching them not to stick their dicks in each other's asses?
Fundies R Mentally ill

Philadelphia, PA

#8 Feb 22, 2014
Todd wrote:
<quoted text>
Jealous.

Hey freak, it is unprotected vaginal and anal an oral sex which primarily transmits STDs. By your post, you have displayed more than just your ignorance, you have displayed what obsesses you.
Fundies R Mentally ill

Philadelphia, PA

#10 Feb 22, 2014
Moral Truth wrote:
That's because San Francisco I Queer infested.
Hey closet case, not that much moreso anymore than any higher ed campus of quality or any major city.

Their health department might be better funded for tracking, however, because it is more lefty than most other cities.
Fundies R Mentally ill

Philadelphia, PA

#12 Feb 22, 2014
Moral Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
calling a straight person what they are, is the Ultimate insult.
Gay people are not sexually distraught closet cases who spend eight hours a day at topix railing against homosexuality, using the most crude homosexual fantasies in their invective.

That would be you.
Fundies R Mentally ill

Philadelphia, PA

#14 Feb 22, 2014
Moral Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean
Closet case, you changed the subject: Closet cases are not the same thing as openly glbt people. Your premise that they are indicates a disturbed mind, which makes us all laugh at you, closet case.
Fundies R Mentally ill

Philadelphia, PA

#21 Feb 23, 2014
Moral Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
shouldn't be throwing it at straight people as an insult.
Hey sexually sick closet case, no one is throwing the term "closet case" at straight people as a group. "Closet case" is only for maladjusted, homosexually obsessed homophobes such as yourself.

We've explained this to you enough times even given your lack of education and intelligence, Cletus. Now, if it upsets you then you should find a hobby so you will only have to think about anal sex and children for three hours a day, rather than for your current eleven hours a day.

Location hidden

#22 Feb 23, 2014
Todd wrote:
<quoted text>
Because that wouldn't stop the disease's transmission by 15 other means.

It's the bodily fluids that matter, not how they are exchanged.
Fundies R Mentally ill

Philadelphia, PA

#25 Feb 23, 2014
Moral Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
you throw the term closet case at about all straight people you talk to
No, disturbed freeek, "all straight people" aren't on topix for eight hours a day railing about homosexual acts...acts which clearly transfix you.
Fundies R Mentally ill

Philadelphia, PA

#27 Feb 23, 2014
Moral Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Nor is
Hey cretin, the point was you lied when you claimed I label all straight people as closet cases.

Most heterosexuals at this point just don't care about variations in sexual orientation.

Sexually sick freeeks who spend twelve hours a day railing in the most explicit terms against (male) homosexual acts are the obvious closet cases. Not "all straight people." Only the ones who are as tightly wrapped up about it as you are.

There, simple enough even for a moronic, sexually disordered fundie to grasp.
Fundies R Mentally ill

Philadelphia, PA

#29 Feb 23, 2014
[QUOTE who="[email protected] R Mentally ill"]<quoted text>
Anything you say or claim is not to be trusted.[/QUOTE]

Golly, I'm sorry you're so upset by your internal sexual conflicts.

All I said was, after all, that I don't consider all straight people to be closet cases. I look for the totally homosexually obsessed homophobes to find closet cases.

Geesh, I know what a good Christian you are, so I really must have mis-communicated something to get you so angry. Closet case pos.
Gremlin

Louisville, KY

#31 Feb 24, 2014
Sammy wrote:
Since you straights NEVER EVER get or spread STD'S, please tell us how to avoid getting one.

“Equality First”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#33 Feb 24, 2014
snyper wrote:
As to your last statement, the young are usually the last to understand this because, as a group, they feel invincible. And don't forget they are constantly told on TV that a pill will solve all your problems. And then there is the fact that more people are living longer, productive lives with the drugs now available. I'm not arguing with the factual basis of your statement, but just pointing out the "whys and wherefores". And finally, no, I don't know what would change all that. All we can do is re-invigorate our previous campaigns of education.
Fundies R Mentally ill

Philadelphia, PA

#35 Feb 24, 2014
Moral Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't fk a man up the a:ss and don't su:ck d!ck.
Keep telling yourself that and maybe one day your obsession with homosexuality will go away.

But I doubt it.

Location hidden

#37 Feb 24, 2014
RalphB wrote:
<quoted text>
As to your last statement, the young are usually the last to understand this because, as a group, they feel invincible. And don't forget they are constantly told on TV that a pill will solve all your problems. And then there is the fact that more people are living longer, productive lives with the drugs now available. I'm not arguing with the factual basis of your statement, but just pointing out the "whys and wherefores". And finally, no, I don't know what would change all that. All we can do is re-invigorate our previous campaigns of education.
We need to get aggressive.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Gay pastor fights censure by United Methodist C... 1 hr Gays Improved the... 53
The Family Cabin 2 hr Tom 8
News Are You Gay? Take This CIA-Inspired Test to Fin... 4 hr Dubya 2
News Barry Manilow says he kept his sexuality secret... 5 hr Gary 77
News Tim Farron - pretty offensive' for failing to s... 6 hr Trump s Birtherex... 8
News Religion of Evil: Iran Arrests 30+ Gay Men, For... 6 hr Trump s Birtherex... 1
News Court allows Chicago church to fire gay worker ... 6 hr Trump s Birtherex... 10
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 7 hr George Justapose 26,111
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 8 hr Terra Firma 47,986
More from around the web