Is Islam the Religion of Peace?

Is Islam the Religion of Peace?

There are 277 comments on the www.news24.com story from Oct 1, 2012, titled Is Islam the Religion of Peace?. In it, www.news24.com reports that:

I'm a free thinker, free from religious dogma. What I can't understand is why Muslims move to democratic countries and riot and cause trouble ...

Muslims abroad get to do what they like, when they like and how they like, but heaven forbid a person who is not a Muslim says something about them ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.news24.com.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#178 Oct 8, 2012
Joe DeCaro wrote:
I think it's safe to say that Stalin, Mao and Pol Pot weren't Christians, unless you an prove otherwise, doggy do for brians.
I never said they were Christians, sweetness, what you haven't proved is that they killed either because their Atheism told them to and/or in furtherance or the protection of Atheistic beliefs. Nice try though. Snicker.

“M.A....Rise”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#179 Oct 8, 2012
Ravenclaw wrote:
<quoted text>
Religion isn't a choice for everyone. Many muslims are killed (usually by family members) for leaving islam. We've seen 'honor' killings here in the US of young girls who have acted too 'western' and not followed the extreme ideology that their parents follow.
Religion should be a choice.
I don't think most people would choose to be gay, based on the hatred and animosity they inevitably have to face.
Hypocrite!

“M.A....Rise”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#180 Oct 8, 2012
lol americans adore dogs, whats the wrong with that????

cats have no luck????

“... truth will out.”

Since: May 08

Stratford, Connecticut.

#181 Oct 8, 2012
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>Hon, I haven't been whining and griping about Christians, merely pointing out the truth that they are no more "the Religion of Peace" than is Islam and they are no where near as innocent ...
... as you?
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>I never said they were Christians, sweetness, what you haven't proved is that they killed either because their Atheism told them to ...
Their atheism didn't stop them from killing, and their murders outweighed those of the deists you constantly complain about.

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#182 Oct 8, 2012
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>
I couldn't be bothered to read your latest book of lies. I will still be pointing out how wrong you are, apparently I'm in good company.

Location hidden

#183 Oct 8, 2012
Egyptian_lad wrote:
<quoted text>
Hypocrite!
Awww, what's wrong little loser? Are you mad because I don't think gay people should be executed? Or mad because I give facts about your evil ideology?

Location hidden

#184 Oct 8, 2012
Egyptian_lad wrote:
lol americans adore dogs, whats the wrong with that????
cats have no luck????
Unlike you, my dogs are housebroken. They smell better too.

this one

#185 Oct 8, 2012
Joe DeCaro wrote:
... as you?
Never claimed innocence for myself, buttercup.
Joe DeCaro wrote:
Their atheism didn't stop them from killing, and their murders outweighed those of the deists you constantly complain about.
Yes dear, it's a given that they killed more than anyone whose Christianity, Islam, Judaism, etc didn't stop them from killing. Does this prove that any other belief system doesn't commit acts of unbelievable violence? No. Does this prove that the acts of violence committed by other belief systems are acceptable? No. Does this prove that Atheism is a more violent belief system than any other? No. The only thing you have managed to prove is that everything I've said here since my first post here has been true. Islam is not the religion of Peace and no other belief system can lay claim to that title either. Thanks for all your help.

this one

#186 Oct 8, 2012
Ravenclaw wrote:
I couldn't be bothered to read your latest book of lies. I will still be pointing out how wrong you are, apparently I'm in good company.
They say that great minds think alike, you and that other idiot have proved that holds true among considerably less than great minds as well. By the way hon, in order to "still" be pointing out where I'm wrong, you would have actually have had to have proved me wrong, at least once. I don't know what you've been smoking, or should be, but that's one fantasy you have yet to make come true, dear.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#187 Oct 8, 2012
Rick, how is Yu looking in the polls?

this one

#188 Oct 8, 2012
snyper wrote:
Rick, how is Yu looking in the polls?
In all my years living here, I can't recall once ever seeing a pre-election poll on the BOE seats. Wu is running in probably the least conservative district in the state against a fairly well-known incumbent. That R next to his name means he'll probably do better than he should, but he'll probably lose, too many headlines prove he's too nutty even for the BOE and that takes some doing.

Since: Oct 06

Location hidden

#189 Oct 8, 2012
Mawar wrote:
<quoted text>
Did Obama and his people steal anything? What would you do when you got your country back?
The current administration has effectively worked to pave the way to undermine our freedoms and liberties. There is still plenty of time to stop it.

What the leftists in power have done that will take much more work is to make our country vulnerable to terrorists. They've undermines our security and this will be repaired.
muhammad was a homosexual

Chicago, IL

#190 Oct 8, 2012
Chuckin wrote:
Religion is a choice. Being born gay is not.
?????????? There is no homosexual gene . Homosexuals aren;t born homosexuals . If there were millions would not convert back to heterosexuality
muhammad was a homosexual

Chicago, IL

#191 Oct 8, 2012
Trisha wrote:
<quoted text>
The current administration has effectively worked to pave the way to undermine our freedoms and liberties. There is still plenty of time to stop it.
What the leftists in power have done that will take much more work is to make our country vulnerable to terrorists. They've undermines our security and this will be repaired.
with all the respect .. Obama administration killed bin laden brought our troops back home from Iraq and ordered more bombing of muslims nations that Bush did
Guru Vashikaran

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

#192 Oct 8, 2012
Wassup Joe
Romney-R is 4 the rich

Chicago, IL

#193 Oct 8, 2012
Trisha wrote:
<quoted text>
Wy would a Hindu such as you want to elect Romney ?? He's criminal

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#194 Oct 9, 2012
Trisha wrote:
<quoted text>
How was this done?

Since: Oct 06

Location hidden

#195 Oct 9, 2012
muhammad was a homosexual wrote:
<quoted text>with all the respect .. Obama administration killed bin laden brought our troops back home from Iraq and ordered more bombing of muslims nations that Bush did
Seriously? The majority of the military are not voting for Obama this time around again. The mismanagement of Afghanistan under Obama has been abysmal. Killing bin Laden was a lucky break for him.

The compromising with other nations that endanger our security is blatant. Giving our tax money to terrorist nations, nations that are clearly not our allies is beyond obscene.
cute donkeys

Springfield, NJ

#196 Oct 9, 2012
Islam is a lie that controls the minds of human beings who refuse to think for themselves

“Stop the liberal madness”

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#198 Oct 9, 2012
NoQ wrote:
<quoted text>
The old Fa:g Bastar:d Ricky in Kansas is one of the most prolific liar that's ever been on hear. Queers in general are natural born liars. He's just a lot better at it.
Rick is highly versed in the Alinsky method.

We conservatives have a tendency to try to win every debate with logic ,common sense and FACTS but liberals lie and distort reality.

Rick uses this method as does Curtsee,snyper ,Tom in elpaso and countless others.

"12 Ways To Use Saul Alinsky's Rules For Radicals Against Liberals"

http://townhall.com/columnists/johnhawkins/20...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 10 min Respect71 48,083
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 16 min Imprtnrd 25,305
News A look at the judges who will rule on Trump's t... 21 min Defeat Elizabeth ... 84
News Republican senator apologizes for saying 'a guy... 25 min Gremlin 3
News Blood donation restrictions for gay men 'discri... 28 min Gremlin 1
News 'Yep, I'm Gay': Happy 20th out anniversary, Ell... 58 min Gremlin 2
Maybe god is gay! (Dec '09) 1 hr June VanDerMark 13,397
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 2 hr Rose_NoHo 5,599
News Gay pastor fights censure by United Methodist C... 5 hr Logic Analysis 163
More from around the web