Is Islam the Religion of Peace?

There are 277 comments on the www.news24.com story from Oct 1, 2012, titled Is Islam the Religion of Peace?. In it, www.news24.com reports that:

I'm a free thinker, free from religious dogma. What I can't understand is why Muslims move to democratic countries and riot and cause trouble ...

Muslims abroad get to do what they like, when they like and how they like, but heaven forbid a person who is not a Muslim says something about them ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.news24.com.

Mawar

Nibong Tebal, Malaysia

#24 Oct 3, 2012
Trisha wrote:
<quoted text>
Well said.
Joe Dick also says we are none but sock puppets.

You are sock puppet, I am sock puppet, these others are sock puppets, some females, some males, but all are - sock puppets.

Know what a sock puppet is? Know what a game of sock puppet is? It starts from nothing and ends with nothing. And nothing comes out it.

Joe Dick says it well.

“Mad as Hell”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#25 Oct 3, 2012
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>Are you pretending to be this slow on the uptake, or are you actually this obtuse in real life? Every religion has their unfortunate share of bomb throwers dear. Killing people in the names of the gods has been a far too frequent pastime of mankind ever since we found them. You're only freaked out about Islam because up until now, it had been the Christians job to kill inferior Christians and assorted non-believers. Now in the name of God you got competition.
Christianity is no more a "Religion of Peace" than is Islam, or any other religion for that matter. Despite repeated messages to the effect of peaceful coexistence in just about all their literature and the existence of peace oriented groups and sects within every major religion, the mainstreams of religion have, for the most part, always been intensely not peaceful.
We live in and are talking about the relative present, not about the 7th century, wherein Islam is steeped and has not departed from.
I am not religious, but Christianity appears to have moved on in step with Western civilisation.
The bible is not taken literally by most Christians.
Islam is also a religion of the 3rd world.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#26 Oct 3, 2012
animals against islam wrote:
We live in and are talking about the relative present, not about the 7th century, wherein Islam is steeped and has not departed from.
I am not religious, but Christianity appears to have moved on in step with Western civilisation.
The bible is not taken literally by most Christians.
Islam is also a religion of the 3rd world.
I'm well aware that radicals blaming Allah have the current lead in demonstrating man's inhumanity to man in the name of religion, but pretending the last 1300 years of Christian history didn't happen is just kind of silly, don't you think? The vast majority of those who identify with any religion (including Islam) aren't interested in wiping out the non, un and mis believers, but those sheep tend to remain silent in almost tacit agreement as the crazy among them go off. Sorry, but the Christian faith and the self-professed faithful have far too much blood on its collective hands to lay claim to the mantle of "The Religion of Peace" and we all know that it is a hell of a lot fresher than you just tried to tell us.

“... truth will out.”

Since: May 08

Stratford, Connecticut.

#27 Oct 3, 2012
Rick in Kansas wrote:
Sorry, but the Christian faith and the self-professed faithful have far too much blood on its collective hands to lay claim to the mantle of "The Religion of Peace" ...
Sorry, but the only religion claiming that title is Islam, and if the Middle Ages are still fresh in your mind, then you need to get out more often.

this one

#28 Oct 3, 2012
Joe DeCaro wrote:
Sorry, but the only religion claiming that title is Islam, and if the Middle Ages are still fresh in your mind, then you need to get out more often.
Sweetie, if the last thousand or so years of Christian history have slipped from your mind, you have successfully proved yourself to be an idiot. No religion is the Religion of Peace, period.
allah-islam means terror

Chicago, IL

#29 Oct 3, 2012
1- islam is not a religion but a cult

2-islam's founder muhammad was a very violent man so as people who follow

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

#30 Oct 3, 2012
Rick in Kansas wrote:
... No religion is the Religion of Peace, period.
But Muslims claim Islam is, so look again at the title of this thread

Original Article

Now who's the simpleton, simpleton?

this one

#31 Oct 3, 2012
What part of NO RELIGION IS THE RELIGION OF PEACE aren't you getting?

“Freedom, NOT islam.”

Since: Feb 11

Birmingham UK

#32 Oct 3, 2012
Mawar wrote:
<quoted text>
I know you took photo with Romney and stuff, but Obama is the best bet for you, and me.
Obama's time in power is ended.He keeps finding reasons to stand up for islam. He lied - a lie of omission.....omitting to mention that he was decended from muslims. Then he allowed the building of the 'ground zero' mosque. He has dug his own political grave. The sooner they elect a pro-American president, the better.

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

#33 Oct 3, 2012
Rick in Kansas wrote:
What part of NO RELIGION IS THE RELIGION OF PEACE aren't you getting?
What part of ISLAM CLAIMS IT IS THE RELIGION OF PEACE aren't you getting?

this one

#34 Oct 3, 2012

"No, but no other "religion" can lay much credible claim to being THE Religion of Peace, either."

Me, on MONDAY.

Did you eat paint chips as a child?
Mawar

Nibong Tebal, Malaysia

#35 Oct 3, 2012
Jules in the UK wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama's time in power is ended.He keeps finding reasons to stand up for islam. He lied - a lie of omission.....omitting to mention that he was decended from muslims. Then he allowed the building of the 'ground zero' mosque. He has dug his own political grave. The sooner they elect a pro-American president, the better.
What is best for Americans now is to be un-American as much as they could possibly be.

Who were Americans and what were their practices prior to Obama, and prior to that? They killed, they invaded, they usurped, and they never considered other than their own American interests – all these summed up into George Bush - and in doing all these, Bush emptied the American coffer, which was good for Americans to get to their senses.

Now Romney does speak like Bush. He shakes his head and put words together like Bush did. Most likely, he will do the same thing as Bush’s.

What is best for Americans now is to forget who they were ten years ago and be a new people of the 21st century America. Be more like the average of us.
Faith

New Baltimore, MI

#36 Oct 3, 2012
Mawar wrote:
<quoted text>
What is best for Americans now is to be un-American as much as they could possibly be.
Who were Americans and what were their practices prior to Obama, and prior to that? They killed, they invaded, they usurped, and they never considered other than their own American interests – all these summed up into George Bush - and in doing all these, Bush emptied the American coffer, which was good for Americans to get to their senses.
Now Romney does speak like Bush. He shakes his head and put words together like Bush did. Most likely, he will do the same thing as Bush’s.
What is best for Americans now is to forget who they were ten years ago and be a new people of the 21st century America. Be more like the average of us.
America is at war. Muslims are our enemy. The USA should nuke Mecca.....during the Hajj.
aiesha s

Ryde, Australia

#37 Oct 3, 2012
Rick in Kansas wrote:
No, but no other "religion" can lay much credible claim to being THE Religion of Peace, either. There are those individuals who profess a belief in those religions, who also believe in peaceful coexistence. But other than it being a preaching of all the major faiths on the planet and probably most of the don't fit into those categories religions as well, there ain't a whole lot of practicing and the Gods get the blame.
I agree with U there, Rick. During the Dark Ages, Xtianity was definitely NOT a religion of peace.

Xtians - burnt people @ the stake back then (incl your kind)
Muslims - burn people today; eg. 9-11, Bali, London, Madrid, etc
Morales

UK

#39 Oct 3, 2012
Rick in Kansas wrote:
"No, but no other "religion" can lay much credible claim to being THE Religion of Peace, either."
Me, on MONDAY.
again read the title of this thread
Mawar

Nibong Tebal, Malaysia

#40 Oct 3, 2012
Faith wrote:
<quoted text>America is at war. Muslims are our enemy. The USA should nuke Mecca.....during the Hajj.
Thats it. If I said about killing an American, I would get arrested. Nuking Mecca would kill not one person, but two or three millions. Old habits die hard.
Romney-R is 4 the rich

Chicago, IL

#41 Oct 3, 2012
I don't get it .

Why the republicans want to get rid of affordable care insurance ???

Why are they so evil and want to see fellow Americans suffer . I mean poor whites will benefit as well
Romney-R is 4 the rich

Chicago, IL

#42 Oct 3, 2012
Mawar wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats it. If I said about killing an American, I would get arrested. Nuking Mecca would kill not one person, but two or three millions. Old habits die hard.
yes!! Let's nuke mecca but only when the muslim savages gather there .

this one

#43 Oct 3, 2012
Morales wrote:
again read the title of this thread
Sweetie, read the post you claim to be replying to. I'd say again, but that mean you read it the first time and are nothing more than a complete idiot, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.
Rick in Kansas wrote:
Me, on MONDAY.
Notice that the title of this thread is repeated and answered in my post, moron.
Mawar

Nibong Tebal, Malaysia

#44 Oct 3, 2012
Romney-R is 4 the rich wrote:
I don't get it .
Why the republicans want to get rid of affordable care insurance ???
Why are they so evil and want to see fellow Americans suffer . I mean poor whites will benefit as well
Lets put it in persective.

What would Americans be without Islam? Live, mate, steal, blaspheme, die.

A dog's life could be better. Dogs don't commit suicide. A male dog doesn't mount on another male dog and penetrate the wrong places. Dogs don't denigrate prophets.

Islam teaches how to live like a man, or a woman. We know the reasons for living, and dying. We respect, either in peace, or in war.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump dating site used sex offender as a model 14 min Rose_NoHo 2
News Man charged with threatening Riverview church o... 14 min Rose_NoHo 43
News Effort Underway To Save City's Oldest Gay Bar '... 1 hr Rose_NoHo 6
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 1 hr Rose_NoHo 18,807
News Are Gay Dads 'Treating Women as Mere Breeding M... 1 hr Wondering 45
News Religious protests against gay films show divid... 1 hr Pat Robertson s F... 19
News Arkansas to pay attorney for same-sex couples i... 1 hr Hudson 61
The Spectrum Cafe (Dec '07) 11 hr NE Jade 27,401
More from around the web