Is Islam the Religion of Peace?

Is Islam the Religion of Peace?

There are 277 comments on the www.news24.com story from Oct 1, 2012, titled Is Islam the Religion of Peace?. In it, www.news24.com reports that:

I'm a free thinker, free from religious dogma. What I can't understand is why Muslims move to democratic countries and riot and cause trouble ...

Muslims abroad get to do what they like, when they like and how they like, but heaven forbid a person who is not a Muslim says something about them ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.news24.com.

First Prev
of 14
Next Last

“Freedom, NOT islam.”

Since: Feb 11

Birmingham UK

#283 Oct 11, 2012
abba wrote:
<quoted text>i luv obama. he has moderite views and not hatered like you and rommnie fool trish. war war war is all u ppls want. well it will break amaeriin wallet.
Obama is muslim scum like you. He will be kicked out......like you!

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#284 Oct 11, 2012
Jules in the UK wrote:
It's amazing how you were to pack that much crazy into two short sentences like that. It makes it tough to decide where to start. I got some bad news for you sweetie, that kind of blind raging hate, not the least bit helpful to whatever crusade you think you are on. From all indications, unless your God does something to stop it, you're going to get four more years, you may want to start booking your psychiatric appointments early. As for the Obamanator being "muslim scum", if that's the fantasy you wanna hang with, knock yourself out, just be thankful that if he is, he's just about as at it as people like you are at being Christian.

“... truth will out.”

Since: May 08

Stratford, Connecticut.

#286 Oct 11, 2012
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>Joe, Joe, Joe, are you seriously denying the existence of dozens, if not hundreds of armed groups scattered around the world and countless individuals that are more than happy to act out violently in the name of God and/or the preservation/triumph of Christianity?...
... based on the existence of what verses in the New Testament?

“Freedom, NOT islam.”

Birmingham UK

#287 Oct 11, 2012
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>It's amazing how you were to pack that much crazy into two short sentences like that. It makes it tough to decide where to start. I got some bad news for you sweetie, that kind of blind raging hate, not the least bit helpful to whatever crusade you think you are on. From all indications, unless your God does something to stop it, you're going to get four more years, you may want to start booking your psychiatric appointments early. As for the Obamanator being "muslim scum", if that's the fantasy you wanna hang with, knock yourself out, just be thankful that if he is, he's just about as at it as people like you are at being Christian.
Now, I am a great one for keeping things within context (believe it or not). Please double check which individual that post was aimed at. One of the most hateful individuals in here. If HE thinks Obama is doing a good job, then Obama's background - which Obama himself has already called into question - is questionable.
It makes no difference to me who occupies the whitehouse. But I do care very much about the venemous attitude displayed FREELY, and with no obvious cause, by our friend abba. If any user of this forum begins their posts by declaring that the west will 'bow' to islam and western women had better get used to wearing a berka - and we had all better start accepting the quran.....then that individual deserves everything they get, from anywhere they get it.
Have a good evening.:-)

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#288 Oct 11, 2012
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>
You're backtracking some, good for you. Maybe with some proper education you will one day get a clue.

Location hidden

#289 Oct 11, 2012
Jules in the UK wrote:
<quoted text>
Now, I am a great one for keeping things within context (believe it or not). Please double check which individual that post was aimed at. One of the most hateful individuals in here. If HE thinks Obama is doing a good job, then Obama's background - which Obama himself has already called into question - is questionable.
It makes no difference to me who occupies the whitehouse. But I do care very much about the venemous attitude displayed FREELY, and with no obvious cause, by our friend abba. If any user of this forum begins their posts by declaring that the west will 'bow' to islam and western women had better get used to wearing a berka - and we had all better start accepting the quran.....then that individual deserves everything they get, from anywhere they get it.
Have a good evening.:-)
Hi Jules! The little dingleberry 'abba' admitted yesterday that he isn't muslim and is just playing a stupid game.

Location hidden

#290 Oct 11, 2012
birdiesfouris wrote:
<quoted text>
exactly! thank you :)
It's always nice to see a new poster here, welcome!

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#291 Oct 11, 2012
Jules in the UK wrote:
<quoted text>
He's not.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#292 Oct 11, 2012
Ravenclaw wrote:
<quoted text>
It's always nice to see a new poster here, welcome!
Aw! thanks once again !:P

“Freedom, NOT islam.”

Birmingham UK

#293 Oct 12, 2012
Ravenclaw wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Jules! The little dingleberry 'abba' admitted yesterday that he isn't muslim and is just playing a stupid game.
LOL. Perhaps he is....or, is this an example of al taqiya???
aiesha s

Ryde, Australia

#295 Oct 12, 2012
Jules in the UK wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. Perhaps he is....or, is this an example of al taqiya???
In which case, it's either this or he meets his Waterloo:

“Freedom, NOT islam.”

Birmingham UK

#296 Oct 12, 2012
aiesha s wrote:
<quoted text>
In which case, it's either this or he meets his Waterloo:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =cvChjHcABPAXX
LOL I wonder if his m other knows that hes out?

Location hidden

#297 Oct 12, 2012
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
Most likely the Apocalypse of John.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#298 Oct 12, 2012
Joe DeCaro wrote:
The real question is why do you imagine that making a difference? Invoking an Old Testament version of God instead of one from the New is still the invoking of the Christian God. Saying that there isn't anything in the New Testament that they can use as being anything meaningful, especially after God has already been invoked by said Christians is a silly way to split hairs.

“Freedom, NOT islam.”

Birmingham UK

#299 Oct 13, 2012
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>The real question is why do you imagine that making a difference? Invoking an Old Testament version of God instead of one from the New is still the invoking of the Christian God. Saying that there isn't anything in the New Testament that they can use as being anything meaningful, especially after God has already been invoked by said Christians is a silly way to split hairs.
I agree wit you. Its not a question of what one book or another book says, its a question of what we know to be right and wrong. But islam does seem to have a real problem in making that distiction. The westerners might not be saints, but we dont stone people or marry children.

“... truth will out.”

Since: May 08

Stratford, Connecticut.

#300 Oct 13, 2012
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
Most likely the Apocalypse of John.
Likely what chapters and verse, exactly?
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>
The real question is why do you imagine that making a difference? Invoking an Old Testament version of God instead of one from the New is still the invoking of the Christian God ...
... there was no "invoking of the Christian God" until His incarnation as recorded in the New Testament.

Otherwise, your post claims there is no difference between Judaism and Christianity, a claim both faiths would disagree with.

However, the real question is why you continue to equivocate between the officially sanctioned violence inherent in islam's qu'ran and the Christian New Testament without citing any proof from that Testament.

But we both already know the answer: those verses just aren't there.

Location hidden

#301 Oct 13, 2012
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
Likely what chapters and verse, exactly?
<quoted text>
... there was no "invoking of the Christian God" until His incarnation as recorded in the New Testament.
Otherwise, your post claims there is no difference between Judaism and Christianity, a claim both faiths would disagree with.
However, the real question is why you continue to equivocate between the officially sanctioned violence inherent in islam's qu'ran and the Christian New Testament without citing any proof from that Testament.
But we both already know the answer: those verses just aren't there.
The Sauline, Cappadocian, and Nicene heretics certainly would object. They're anti-semitic from their start.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 14
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 9 min EdmondWA 37,378
News Sanders: Don't blame Islam for Orlando shooting 16 min Frankie Rizzo 874
The Great Gays 49 min Gremlin 8
News The Latest: Celebrities record tribute to night... 1 hr Frankie Rizzo 3
News Columbus veteran, ousted for sexual orientation... 2 hr Gremlin 5
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 2 hr Frankie Rizzo 13,144
News The Latest: Obama pledges federal support in fl... 3 hr Peter 13
News Obama: Notion that being armed would have saved... 4 hr WasteWater 975
More from around the web