Is Islam the Religion of Peace?

Oct 1, 2012 Full story: www.news24.com 277

I'm a free thinker, free from religious dogma. What I can't understand is why Muslims move to democratic countries and riot and cause trouble ...

Muslims abroad get to do what they like, when they like and how they like, but heaven forbid a person who is not a Muslim says something about them ... Full Story

“Alea iacta est!”

Since: Oct 06

Oh it's ON!

#262 Oct 10, 2012
abba wrote:
<quoted text>i luv obama. he has moderite views and not hatered like you and rommnie fool trish. war war war is all u ppls want. well it will break amaeriin wallet.
I'm sick of you Muslims posting lies about anyone who hates your filthy religion!!!

I do NOT want war!! Just shut up if you can't post anything intelligent!

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#263 Oct 10, 2012
Max wrote:
Saleemz and greetings to you, infidel Americans. Islam is the religion of peace, when everyone on the world will be Muslim and every man has access to virgins, everything will be peaceful. Try a virgin my friend, and may Allah walk with you. Peace be upon him and you.
Are you for real? Not everyone want's to be a muslim, and the false hope of having virgins :S like wtf?

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#264 Oct 10, 2012
Trisha wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sick of you Muslims posting lies about anyone who hates your filthy religion!!!
I do NOT want war!! Just shut up if you can't post anything intelligent!
He's just a troll trying to create arguements. I still don't think he's a muslim, sometimes he posts in perfect English, and others he screws it all up. Just a bit too contrived.

Location hidden

#265 Oct 10, 2012
birdiesfouris wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you for real? Not everyone want's to be a muslim, and the false hope of having virgins :S like wtf?
I think he was being sarcastic.

Location hidden

#266 Oct 10, 2012
Ravenclaw wrote:
<quoted text>
I think he was being sarcastic.
I really hope so. I can be bad at picking up sarcasm on the internet.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#267 Oct 10, 2012
Joe DeCaro wrote:
That's good enough for me.{/QUOTE]To whom it may concern beats getting no mail, I mean, no God, at all. I;m happy for your low expectations.
[QUOTE who="Joe DeCaro"]
So after all your claims to the contrary, there aren't any calls for violence in God's name in the New Testament after all.
Sweetie, I realize you're denser than most bricks, but girlfriend, please. Like I said before, Jesus being a pacifist has never gotten in the way of the Christian soldier marching off to war. Although just about everything in the New Testament opposes violence and even more so, violence in God's name, the Old Testament remains handy in times of need for a mean-spirited version of God whipping up a frenzy.

Location hidden

#268 Oct 10, 2012
birdiesfouris wrote:
<quoted text>
I really hope so. I can be bad at picking up sarcasm on the internet.
It's hard to tell when you can't hear the tone of their voice. I just recalled seeing a few of his posts on other threads.

Location hidden

#269 Oct 10, 2012
Ravenclaw wrote:
<quoted text>
It's hard to tell when you can't hear the tone of their voice. I just recalled seeing a few of his posts on other threads.
exactly! thank you :)

this one

#270 Oct 10, 2012
Ravenclaw wrote:
I explained how you are wrong in my first post. I'm not surprised that you didn't get it and don't recall it. You have proven that you are sadly lacking double digits in your IQ assessment.
You did? Where was I? Let's take a look, shall we?

You wrote:
"You are living in a combination of the past and your fantasy land. Join the rest of us in the present where christians are not slaying people, but muslims are. Join us in looking at current events where muslims murder people who are accused of being gay. In the here and now women and girls are being tortured and killed - by muslims. History can't be changed but the future can be, if morons like yourself would get a clue and see what's happening in the world today. Yo

By the way, it's really creepy to see a dude calling another dude 'hon' and 'sweetie' among other things. I'm sure you are trying to be condescending, really it just looks weird. And creepy."

Hmmmm... What exactly are you imagining as an explanation of how I was wrong? You accused me of living in a "fantasy land" and followed it with your own bizarre fantasy, "where christians are not slaying people". We both already knew Muslims are, there is no dispute on that. Then there is the suggestion that I follow current events that I am already aware of. Yeah. Then you try to finish me off with a cliche about history being unchangeable. Ouch. Nope, no proof that I was wrong about anything I have said there either. I hadn't thought I had missed anything, I was right.

There are too many followers of Allah doing very bad things to others in his name. While there may be some legitimate concerns scattered among their corpses, they are tough to sympathize with because of all of those corpses. Unlike you however, I don't blame the faith for the violence, but its followers. Just like I don't blame Jesus for the acts of violence perpetrated by some of his Christians.
aiesha s

Sydney, Australia

#271 Oct 10, 2012
Egyptian_lad wrote:
<quoted text>so u filthy gay?
U deserve to be beaten day night untill u turn straight or u better get killed......We must save the earth from ur likes
No she isn't.

But it's your kind who make me sick. I'd like to see U get a good beating from a few of the muscle-bound gay boys I know. They're anything but limp-wristed. That would serve U right!
aiesha s

Sydney, Australia

#272 Oct 10, 2012
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>
There are too many followers of Allah doing very bad things to others in his name. While there may be some legitimate concerns scattered among their corpses, they are tough to sympathize with because of all of those corpses. Unlike you however, I don't blame the faith for the violence, but its followers. Just like I don't blame Jesus for the acts of violence perpetrated by some of his Christians.
Glad U acknowledge that Rick. That Egyptian clown on here should show U where the real danger lies 4 your kind...
Mune

United States

#273 Oct 10, 2012
I am a muslim lesbian, I sleep only with girls, but of course I can't do it in the open because in Egypt you get killed for being an open lesbian

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#274 Oct 10, 2012
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why is "In God We Trust" still on U.S. currency, or don't you understand the establishment clause of the First Amendment.
<quoted text>
But only one of the three above still persecutes people today.
<quoted text>
Then give us the New Testament chapters and verses that encourage Christians to kill, and if you can't understand what I previously posted, then you need a refresher course in English.
Medieval hangover.
Pak Jatt Soorma

Donvale, Australia

#275 Oct 10, 2012
aiesha s wrote:
<quoted text>Glad U acknowledge that Rick. That Egyptian clown on here should show U where the real danger lies 4 your kind...
I think its just timestan

“Alea iacta est!”

Since: Oct 06

Oh it's ON!

#276 Oct 11, 2012
Pak Jatt Soorma wrote:
<quoted text>
I think its just timestan
who? the egytian or rick?
Pak Jatt Soorma

Melbourne, Australia

#277 Oct 11, 2012
Trisha wrote:
<quoted text>who? the egytian or rick?
The egyptian lad

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#278 Oct 11, 2012
Pak Jatt Soorma wrote:
<quoted text>
The egyptian lad
Timesten is far too retarded.

“... truth will out.”

Since: May 08

Stratford, Connecticut.

#279 Oct 11, 2012
Rick in Kansas wrote:
Like I said before, Jesus being a pacifist has never gotten in the way of the Christian soldier marching off to war ...
To fight in whose name?
Christ, or the state?

Talk about being deliberately dense.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#280 Oct 11, 2012
Egyptian_lad wrote:
<quoted text>so u filthy gay?
U deserve to be beaten day night untill u turn straight or u better get killed......We must save the earth from ur likes
Is that all you know? All you intellect can find as a solution? Vicious violence and death?

No wonder your Country is a mess.

this one

#282 Oct 11, 2012
Joe DeCaro wrote:
To fight in whose name?
Christ, or the state?
Talk about being deliberately dense.
Joe, Joe, Joe, are you seriously denying the existence of dozens, if not hundreds of armed groups scattered around the world and countless individuals that are more than happy to act out violently in the name of God and/or the preservation/triumph of Christianity? Oy.

****I expect as a response an attempt to diminish such violence in comparison to Muslims of the same ilk and a half-hearted attempt at denial that it occurs at all.*********

Besides, if one is a "believer" in any given faith, wouldn't the deity's approval be necessary for their participation, or lack thereof, in a "state" war?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Methodists reinstate pastor who presided at gay... 10 min Listen to the Word 3
Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 16 min Guy Wiliford II 3,855
Anti-gay Tenn. billboard stirs religion debate 21 min INFIDEL 1,992
Bill Clinton: Gender and Racial Politics - Grea... 31 min serfs up 89
Next gay marriage fight: religious exemptions 32 min KiMare 1,058
Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays (Oct '07) 33 min godless by choice 219,534
Lock up the Queers on Halloween 36 min Cletus 1
Hayworth features gay son in ad 54 min DemsRcons 25
Puerto Rico judge upholds gay marriage ban 59 min Really 59
Is Polygamy the Next Gay Marriage? 2 hr Poof1 3,316
Christian right key to Republican performance i... 2 hr WasteWater 70

Gay/Lesbian People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE