Is Islam the Religion of Peace?

Oct 1, 2012 | Posted by: Joe DeCaro | Full story: www.news24.com

I'm a free thinker, free from religious dogma. What I can't understand is why Muslims move to democratic countries and riot and cause trouble ...

Muslims abroad get to do what they like, when they like and how they like, but heaven forbid a person who is not a Muslim says something about them ...
Comments
221 - 240 of 277 Comments Last updated Oct 13, 2012

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

Judged:

snyper wrote:
I find it to be one of his more endearing qualities, he has so few. It's probably not all that nice of me to pick on the mentally challenged like our good friend, Joe, but he makes it so much darn fun.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

Judged:

Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>I find it to be one of his more endearing qualities, he has so few. It's probably not all that nice of me to pick on the mentally challenged like our good friend, Joe, but he makes it so much darn fun.
I would appreciate it if he would stop "picking on" US.
aiesha s

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Judged:

Chuckin wrote:
@ it all makes sense now,
I found the article you referenced above and it is very interesting. I had also heard that about Arab and middle eastern men and wondered how it affected the bigger picture. like everything else about Islam it seems to be stuck in 7th century thinking. When you edited the article though, you left out the part that says " young girls are also victims of this sexual abuse". Not sure why you would leave that out unless you're trying to somehow say that all gay people are child molesters while at the same time trying to hide or ignore the heterosexual abuse of young girls. No matter, it's horrific either way. The question is how to help these people join the 21st century and break that cycle. I think many Muslims are finally realizing they've been duped and are leaving Islam in the past where it belongs.
Yes, and a higher percentage of girls are sexually abused. But homophobes couldn't care less about them.

I'll have to find the statistics on that, sure it's the same story in Islamic countries.
aiesha s

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
We can show corollaries all the way up to the time that people took control of their governments and kicked religion out of it.
Like your 1st Amendment. One of the best things ever written.

“... truth will out.”

Since: May 08

Stratford, Connecticut.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Judged:

snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
We can show corollaries all the way up to the time that people took control of their governments and kicked religion out of it.
Then why is "In God We Trust" still on U.S. currency, or don't you understand the establishment clause of the First Amendment.
Mahmood wrote:
... On the other hand, religious persecution was done in the name of religion by church fathers, crusaders, and mullahs.
But only one of the three above still persecutes people today.
Rick in Kansas wrote:
... Did you know that just about every belief system on the face of the planet, including Christianity, encourages its followers to kill every now and again, or haven't you actually read the Bible?
Then give us the New Testament chapters and verses that encourage Christians to kill, and if you can't understand what I previously posted, then you need a refresher course in English.
Punjab

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Judged:

Islam is not a religion its a cult. Islam is a cult that murderers the innocent, the infirm, and blows up small infants.
Pak Jatt Soorma

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Judged:

Punjab wrote:
Islam is not a religion its a cult. Islam is a cult that murderers the innocent, the infirm, and blows up small infants.
Face the facts 60%+ of Panjabi's are Muslim

“Freedom, NOT islam.”

Since: Feb 11

Birmingham UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Rusty Tin Can wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice avatar Jules.... I'm curious what book is that that the gentleman is holding?
Hi Rusty TC.
Im not sure what the book is, but I will see if I can find out. It may well be the quran.

Since: Apr 12

Concord, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Jules in the UK wrote:
Hi Rusty TC.
Im not sure what the book is, but I will see if I can find out. It may well be the quran.
forget the book :)

I didn't understand your Avater at first glance and thought the message was about the book (only later did I realize the girl may not be the man's daughter)

Concord, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Jules in the UK wrote:
Hi Rusty TC.
and btw, if that is a Quran, I'd like to get hold of a copy like that!(looks fancy :)

“Alea iacta est!”

Since: Oct 06

Oh it's ON!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Judged:

luv Sarah Palin wrote:
<quoted text>
What was hilarious is that BIDEN who is second in charge was actually left out of the whole Osama plan till AFTER it was carried out.
Goes to show what a loud mouth untrustworthy imbecile Dems picked as a VP.
Biden's a joke, I'm surprised he hasn't been used as fodder for the late night comedy shows more often.

Love your avatar and user name!

:)

Concord, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Jules in the UK wrote:
Hi Rusty TC.
the biggest photo I can find that shows the book:

http://www.schizas.com/site3/images/stories/g...

I think it says Peter E. something (can anyone help read the blurred text, or identify the author?)

(off topic, I know, but very curious)
abba

Mesquite, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Judged:

Trisha wrote:
<quoted text>
Biden's a joke, I'm surprised he hasn't been used as fodder for the late night comedy shows more often.
Love your avatar and user name!
:)
i luv obama. he has moderite views and not hatered like you and rommnie fool trish. war war war is all u ppls want. well it will break amaeriin wallet.

this one

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Judged:

Joe DeCaro wrote:
Then why is "In God We Trust" still on U.S. currency, or don't you understand the establishment clause of the First Amendment.
Because the Supreme Court has said that is in reference to no particular God, but any of them. If not, it would be in violation of the establishment clause. It's a stretch, but it doesn't give you what you want either an homage to the Christian deity.
Joe DeCaro wrote:
But only one of the three above still persecutes people today.
What is it with Christians giving the finger to the whole thou shalt not bear false witness commandment? I don't remember Jesus saying there was an exemption if you were lying in the name of God.
Joe DeCaro wrote:
Then give us the New Testament chapters and verses that encourage Christians to kill, and if you can't understand what I previously posted, then you need a refresher course in English.
Sweetie, how disingenuous of you. You know that it's the Old Testament God that gets called out when it's onward Christian soldier time. Christians aren't known for letting that pacifist Jesus get in the way of a good killing in God's name.

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Judged:

Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>Because the Supreme Court has said that is in reference to no particular God ...
... but God nonetheless.
Rick in Kansas wrote:
... Christians aren't known for letting that pacifist Jesus get in the way of a good killing in God's name.
We're still waiting for those New Testament chapters and verses.

this one

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Judged:

Joe DeCaro wrote:
... but God nonetheless.
ALL of them, not just yours.
Joe DeCaro wrote:
We're still waiting for those New Testament chapters and verses.
That's okay sweetie, I've been waiting for days for you to provide one shred of evidence that your fellow Christians aren't still engaged in violence allegedly motivated by God. WE all know that the New Testament preaches against violence, frequently, repeatedly and often, we also all know that the Christians have never let that stop them.

Concord, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Judged:

Rick in Kansas wrote:
That's okay sweetie, I've been waiting for days for you to provide one shred of evidence that your fellow Christians aren't still engaged in violence allegedly motivated by God.
wouldn't that be like waiting for days for Joe to provide evidence that there isn't any blue watermelons?

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Judged:

Rick in Kansas wrote:
ALL of them, not just yours.
That's good enough for me.
Rick in Kansas wrote:
WE all know that the New Testament preaches against violence, frequently, repeatedly and often ...
So after all your claims to the contrary, there aren't any calls for violence in God's name in the New Testament after all.

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Judged:

Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>They say that great minds think alike, you and that other idiot have proved that holds true among considerably less than great minds as well. By the way hon, in order to "still" be pointing out where I'm wrong, you would have actually have had to have proved me wrong, at least once. I don't know what you've been smoking, or should be, but that's one fantasy you have yet to make come true, dear.
I explained how you are wrong in my first post. I'm not surprised that you didn't get it and don't recall it. You have proven that you are sadly lacking double digits in your IQ assessment.

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Judged:

Egyptian_lad wrote:
<quoted text>so u filthy gay?
U deserve to be beaten day night untill u turn straight or u better get killed......We must save the earth from ur likes
No, I'm not a lesbian. I don't have an irrational hatred for gays and lesbians - like you do. I think they should have the same rights as any other human. I wouldn't have anything to do with filthy violent muslim men like yourself. I wouldn't accept a non muslim man that acted the way you do either.

Thanks for showing again why the libs are going to have to pick a side between supporting gays or supporting muslims. They can't have it both ways.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••