Court ruling comes as Obama's use of ...

Court ruling comes as Obama's use of power tested

There are 42 comments on the Northern Michigan News story from Jun 27, 2014, titled Court ruling comes as Obama's use of power tested. In it, Northern Michigan News reports that:

Before a unanimous Supreme Court weighed in, the White House had brushed off claims that President Barack Obama was exceeding his executive authority as just so much grousing from frustrated partisans.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Northern Michigan News.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#1 Jun 27, 2014
The Obamaniac SHOULD BE IMPEACHED for his mad power grab which A UNANIMOUS SCOTUS said was UNCONSTITUTIONAL.

The Obamaniac has CLEARLY violated his oath of office AND the U.S. Constitution. IMPEACH THIS BUM ! NEXT !
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#2 Jun 27, 2014
Fa-Foxy wrote:
The Obamaniac SHOULD BE IMPEACHED for his mad power grab which A UNANIMOUS SCOTUS said was UNCONSTITUTIONAL.
The Obamaniac has CLEARLY violated his oath of office AND the U.S. Constitution. IMPEACH THIS BUM ! NEXT !
If we can't get congress jump-started; Obama is stuck doing their job for them
.
Thank goodness!

“Equality First”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#4 Jun 27, 2014
Rainbow Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
If we can't get congress jump-started; Obama is stuck doing their job for them
.
Thank goodness!
Agreed. Someone has to take action, and if Congress won't, it is up to the President. First they accuse him of doing nothing, and now they accuse him of doing too much. Congress, including the Democrats, are the most pitiful example of government I have seen in my lifetime. And that's a pretty long time. It took six years to get this economy back to a semblance of "working", and they are putting a damper on it by their inaction. My guess is that is exactly what the Republicans want; a slumping economy in time for the election in 2016, if not by the mid-term. It's the only issue they could possibly run on.

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#5 Jun 27, 2014
Rainbow Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
If we can't get congress jump-started; Obama is stuck doing their job for them
.
Thank goodness!
That's not what the U.S. Constitutins says the President's job is, and it gives him no powert to do so.

Why do you thing that SCOTUS just ruled UNANIMOUSLY against The Obamanaic in his mad power grab.

And since the people he illegally and unconstitutionally appointed to official government jobs are not legally in their offices nor employees of the U.S. government, when are they giving back the money from taxpayers which they illegally took as salary ?

The SCOTUS decision was UNANIMOUSLY AGAINST The Obamaniac.

And btw, LGBT Americans LEGALLY MARRIED STILL do NOT get equal Social Security benefits nor equal Medicare and Medicaid payments under The Obamanaic Regime. So don't tell me how great he is on equal rights for us.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#6 Jun 27, 2014
actually, what the court ruled was that the US Senate could say they are in session, even if they really are not.

do try to keep up.

“Equality First”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#7 Jun 27, 2014
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not what the U.S. Constitutins says the President's job is, and it gives him no powert to do so.
Why do you thing that SCOTUS just ruled UNANIMOUSLY against The Obamanaic in his mad power grab.
And since the people he illegally and unconstitutionally appointed to official government jobs are not legally in their offices nor employees of the U.S. government, when are they giving back the money from taxpayers which they illegally took as salary ?
The SCOTUS decision was UNANIMOUSLY AGAINST The Obamaniac.
And btw, LGBT Americans LEGALLY MARRIED STILL do NOT get equal Social Security benefits nor equal Medicare and Medicaid payments under The Obamanaic Regime. So don't tell me how great he is on equal rights for us.
Hmmmm, are you saying that if my spouse and I marry our Social Security will be reduced?

“Equality First”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#8 Jun 27, 2014
While I waited for Fa-Foxy to answer, I got this from the SSA website:
There is no marriage penalty or limit to benefits paid a
married couple

If you are married and both you and your husband have worked,
you will each be paid your own Social Security benefit.

A working woman is not limited to onehalf of her husband’s Social Security.(That rate applies to women who never worked outside the home.)

So, for example, if you are due a Social Security benefit
of $1,200 per month and your husband is due a Social Security benefit of $1,400 per month, you will be paid $2,600 per month in retirement benefits.

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#9 Jun 27, 2014
RalphB wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmmm, are you saying that if my spouse and I marry our Social Security will be reduced?
http://www.buzzfeed.com/chrisgeidner/social-s...

"Social Security Payments Limited To Same-Sex Married Couples Living In States That Recognize Marriage Equality"

"For a same-sex couple legally married in Massachusetts, who live in Texas and “meet all other factors of entitlement,” the Social Security Administration told employees Friday,“Hold the claim.”"

GOOGGLE IT.
Frontline Fighter

West Mifflin, PA

#10 Jun 27, 2014
RalphB wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed. Someone has to take action, and if Congress won't, it is up to the President. First they accuse him of doing nothing, and now they accuse him of doing too much. Congress, including the Democrats, are the most pitiful example of government I have seen in my lifetime. And that's a pretty long time. It took six years to get this economy back to a semblance of "working", and they are putting a damper on it by their inaction. My guess is that is exactly what the Republicans want; a slumping economy in time for the election in 2016, if not by the mid-term. It's the only issue they could possibly run on.
The problem is that he is doing nothing about things he should be doing something about and way too much about things that are not really his in which to meddle. And it is all for furthering his own highly questionable agenda, not for the good of America or her citizens. With the exception of a few, I am not a fan of Congress either. Most are either in Obama's camp or they are RINOs. Obama, however, is worse than inactive. I think it is actually better when he does absolutely nothing because anything he does springs out of pure evil.
Pat Robertson s Fatwass

Philadelphia, PA

#11 Jun 27, 2014
Frontline Fighter wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem is that he is
Finish cooking the meth and then go clean out the chicken coop.

“Equality First”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#12 Jun 27, 2014
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.buzzfeed.com/chrisgeidner/social-s...
"Social Security Payments Limited To Same-Sex Married Couples Living In States That Recognize Marriage Equality"
"For a same-sex couple legally married in Massachusetts, who live in Texas and “meet all other factors of entitlement,” the Social Security Administration told employees Friday,“Hold the claim.”"
GOOGGLE IT.
To bad you only read as far as headlines. Had you read the rest of the article, you would have found this:

"The decision is the first major implementation by the federal government after the ruling in United States v. Windsor in which marriage benefits recognition is tied to the place of domicile, or where couples live, and not solely the place of celebration, or where the couple married.

The Obama administration does what it can. I defy you to identify one other President that has been as helpful to our cause as Obama. I truly believe you would refuse the hand of a black man who was attempting to pull you out of flood waters.

“Equality First”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#13 Jun 27, 2014
Frontline Fighter wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem is that he is doing nothing about things he should be doing something about and way too much about things that are not really his in which to meddle. And it is all for furthering his own highly questionable agenda, not for the good of America or her citizens. With the exception of a few, I am not a fan of Congress either. Most are either in Obama's camp or they are RINOs. Obama, however, is worse than inactive. I think it is actually better when he does absolutely nothing because anything he does springs out of pure evil.
It's all a matter of perception. You are evidently viewing everything he, the Democrats, and the Republicans are doing from a vantage point to the extreme right. Fine for you, but I and a heck of a lot of others do not agree.

“Equality First”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#14 Jun 27, 2014
Frontline Fighter wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem is that he is doing nothing about things he should be doing something about and way too much about things that are not really his in which to meddle. And it is all for furthering his own highly questionable agenda, not for the good of America or her citizens. With the exception of a few, I am not a fan of Congress either. Most are either in Obama's camp or they are RINOs. Obama, however, is worse than inactive. I think it is actually better when he does absolutely nothing because anything he does springs out of pure evil.
You are evidently viewing these matters from the extreme right of the political arena. Fine for you, but I and many others do not agree. Personally, I think he is doing a bang-up job considering he gets no co-operation or constructive input from Congress.

“Equality First”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#15 Jun 27, 2014
Sorry about the double post. My Topix is hiccuping today.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#17 Jun 27, 2014
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.buzzfeed.com/chrisgeidner/social-s...
"Social Security Payments Limited To Same-Sex Married Couples Living In States That Recognize Marriage Equality"
"For a same-sex couple legally married in Massachusetts, who live in Texas and “meet all other factors of entitlement,” the Social Security Administration told employees Friday,“Hold the claim.”"
GOOGGLE IT.
How is that President Obama's fault? The SSA has to follow the laws passed by CONGRESS, which require them to follow state marriage laws.
Pat Robertson s Fatwass

Philadelphia, PA

#18 Jun 27, 2014
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
How is that President Obama's fault?
Do you often get good information from that source?

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#19 Jun 27, 2014
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
How is that President Obama's fault? The SSA has to follow the laws passed by CONGRESS, which require them to follow state marriage laws.
LOL.

Since when has The Obamaniac followed that law ?

The other day, SCOTUS in 1 9-0 decision ruled that The Obamaniac CLEARLY BROKE THE LAW !

Start paying attention !

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#20 Jun 27, 2014
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL.
Since when has The Obamaniac followed that law ?
The other day, SCOTUS in 1 9-0 decision ruled that The Obamaniac CLEARLY BROKE THE LAW !
Start paying attention !
you really think the US senate is in session if they just have someone rap a gavel for thirty seconds? even if all the members are out of town?

what the court ruled is that the senate can make up its own rules even if they are ridiculous.

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#21 Jun 27, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>you really think the US senate is in session if they just have someone rap a gavel for thirty seconds? even if all the members are out of town?
what the court ruled is that the senate can make up its own rules even if they are ridiculous.
The Senate said they were in session. SCOTUS ruled 9-0 that the Senate was in session. So what authority do YOU have to proclaim that they weren't in session ? YOU get to decide ?!

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#22 Jun 27, 2014
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
The Senate said they were in session. SCOTUS ruled 9-0 that the Senate was in session. So what authority do YOU have to proclaim that they weren't in session ? YOU get to decide ?!
do you really think they are in session if none of the members are there?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'Gay sex causes earthquakes' says conservative ... 11 min wichita-rick 44
News Anti-Gay Jehovah's Witness Cartoon Tells Kids T... 30 min pcloadletter 2,329
News Australian Christian Lobby likens gay marriage ... 38 min Rosa_Winkel 7
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 41 min Rosa_Winkel 12,028
News Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 48 min Cakez7643 35,954
News Gay marriage victory at Supreme Court triggerin... 1 hr Sons Of Destruction 22
News U.S. court denies motion to reconsider transgen... 2 hr Rainbow Delight 1
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 3 hr Terra Firma 36,421
News Feds' transgender guidance provokes fierce back... 5 hr An NFL Fan 1,129
More from around the web