Burger King sells gay pride Whopper

Burger King sells gay pride Whopper

There are 47 comments on the USA Today story from Jul 1, 2014, titled Burger King sells gay pride Whopper. In it, USA Today reports that:

Burger King sells gay pride Whopper Burger King sells Proud Whopper at one S.F. location along gay pride parade route.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at USA Today.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#23 Jul 2, 2014
Frederick wrote:
Just put Burger King on my boycott list.
Thanks. Now I can be sure there will be one less bigot next visit to Burger King.
Marcavage s Emission

Philadelphia, PA

#24 Jul 2, 2014
Frederick wrote:
Why don't you tell us what computer you use?(To pursue your consuming fascination with all things male homosexual.) Because whatever hardware or whatever software or whatever isp you need to boycott that, too, Cletus.

“Equality First”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#27 Jul 3, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
He said "smart businessmen" Chic-Fil-A and Hobby Lobby are owned and operated by intolerant morons.
Ya know, after I hit the "post comment" button, I thought I would add another post asking "wondering" if he might indeed mean that very thing. I just didn't think it would be worth the extra post, though. Thanks for the follow-up.

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

#28 Jul 3, 2014
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Smart businessmen stay out of politics and religion.
Really? That must be why no retailer anywhere exhibits Christmas displays.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#29 Jul 3, 2014
Frederick wrote:
I'll call CNN.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#30 Jul 3, 2014
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
We boycott those two. lol
They are just the tip of the iceberg. It is difficult to keep a list of all the anti-gay businesses to avoid. We were looking for a couple of new chairs for the guest room we just recently had painted and we thought we'd make a day of shopping. As we entered this one shop my cousin pointed to that fish symbol in the window and we turned around and left. We went out and had lunch and a couple drinks instead, then came home and ordered some chairs online. They should take only a couple weeks to make, so not a problem.

I know that In&Out Burgers is owned by religious zealots but are they anti-gay? I do not eat there but I know people who love the place.

Location hidden

#31 Jul 3, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
They are just the tip of the iceberg. It is difficult to keep a list of all the anti-gay businesses to avoid. We were looking for a couple of new chairs for the guest room we just recently had painted and we thought we'd make a day of shopping. As we entered this one shop my cousin pointed to that fish symbol in the window and we turned around and left. We went out and had lunch and a couple drinks instead, then came home and ordered some chairs online. They should take only a couple weeks to make, so not a problem.
I know that In&Out Burgers is owned by religious zealots but are they anti-gay? I do not eat there but I know people who love the place.
The old in-out huh? Jesus H. Christ. Why would anyone eat there?
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#32 Jul 4, 2014
RalphB wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean like Chic-Fil-A and Hobby Lobby? If they can make public their belief system, then so can the folks on our side.
Dan Cathy should have kept his personal opinion private but I support his right to speak his mind. Hobby Lobby won their case, as they should have. Now that the supreme court has defined closely held companies as "people" with "religious rights" thing will get very interesting.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#33 Jul 4, 2014
nhjeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? That must be why no retailer anywhere exhibits Christmas displays.
Everyone knows there are two Christmases, well, except for you I guess.

“Equality First”

Location hidden

#34 Jul 4, 2014
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Dan Cathy should have kept his personal opinion private but I support his right to speak his mind. Hobby Lobby won their case, as they should have. Now that the supreme court has defined closely held companies as "people" with "religious rights" thing will get very interesting.
Yeah, I guess if you own a company and have religious beliefs against medical attention, transfusions, vaccines, etc. all ya gotta do is say "God tells me so", and you can just drop medical insurance for your employees. And then, if you truly believe that God tells you to segregate the races, you can fire all your black employees. A truly insightful decision by the Court. What a bunch of right-wing garbage.

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

#35 Jul 4, 2014
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
I often wonder if you believe the stupid things you write, or if you merely throw your phases out there in order to have the last word. Do you have enough brains to know how stupid and irrelevant that remark was?

The point is that, if companies want to celebrate Christmas with their customers by selling Hershey Kisses in green and red wrappers; if companies want to celebrate Easter by producing pastel-colored M&M's; if companies want to celebrate St. Patrick's day by producing green beer; if companies want to celebrate All Saint's Day with gremlin-shaped lollipops, then why shouldn't companies celebrate Pride with rainbow colored wraps?

Oh, I know the answer: Because you "don't care" about gay people. In fact, you "don't care" so much that you're offended whenever gay people are even acknowledged. You "don't care" so much you become infuriated whenever anyone else offers a gesture of goodwill toward the gay community.

This is not what most people mean by not caring. I think what you really mean when you say you "don't care" is that you don't consider them to be human beings worthy of respect or even acknowledgement.

“What Goes Around, Comes Around”

Since: Mar 07

Kansas City, MO.

#36 Jul 4, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
In & Out...a lot of made up nasty remarks can be said about that one,....LOL
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#37 Jul 4, 2014
RalphB wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, I guess if you own a company and have religious beliefs against medical attention, transfusions, vaccines, etc. all ya gotta do is say "God tells me so", and you can just drop medical insurance for your employees. And then, if you truly believe that God tells you to segregate the races, you can fire all your black employees. A truly insightful decision by the Court. What a bunch of right-wing garbage.
Until recently companies were not forced to offer insurance to their employees. Religion aside, I don't think anyone should be forced to buy a commercial product of any kind. Obamacare went a step further, it told people and companies what it must cover. The next time that GM goes belly up will the government force us to go out and buy a Chevy or Buick?
I see no difference.

In a way I think Obamacare is a step toward a single payer system. If you saw the premium increase proposals for 2015 you'd think the insurers where the #1 fan of the single payer system. They will put themselves out of business. Someone has to reign in the greed of mediocre doctors and overpriced hospitals.
Latter Day Taints

Philadelphia, PA

#38 Jul 4, 2014
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
That's right, especially when some "closely held" muslim corporation/person gets into the religious-exemption-from-the-l aw game.

Or scientologist companies. Or jehovah's witness ones.

Of course what will be very interesting is how every other religion's claims will be dismissed by the Justices who supported Hobby Lobby.

Justice Ginsburg the genius was absolutely correct, as usual, about the coming chaos. And swing vote Kennedy is an evident halfwit by the standards of people who are able to get through law school. Just like swing vote O'Connor before him was a halfwit by those standards.
Latter Day Taints

Philadelphia, PA

#39 Jul 4, 2014
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean the Pagan forerunner and then the Christian plagiarism of it.
Latter Day Taints

Philadelphia, PA

#40 Jul 4, 2014
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
The old in-out huh? Jesus H. Christ. Why would anyone eat there?
Grease can help....
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#41 Jul 4, 2014
Frederick wrote:
The girls are happy now
The name 'Frederick' scared them and they couldn't eat while you were glaring at them with your jaundiced eyeballs

“Equality First”

Location hidden

#42 Jul 5, 2014
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Until recently companies were not forced to offer insurance to their employees. Religion aside, I don't think anyone should be forced to buy a commercial product of any kind. Obamacare went a step further, it told people and companies what it must cover. The next time that GM goes belly up will the government force us to go out and buy a Chevy or Buick?
I see no difference.
In a way I think Obamacare is a step toward a single payer system. If you saw the premium increase proposals for 2015 you'd think the insurers where the #1 fan of the single payer system. They will put themselves out of business. Someone has to reign in the greed of mediocre doctors and overpriced hospitals.
First paragraph: Companies are not now forced to buy insurance for their employees. However, if they don't, they pay a small penalty. And small companies are not penalized at all.

Second paragraph: Reigning in the doctors and hospitals and insurance companies is one of the aims of Obamacare, and many are trying to kill it. So far as it being a step toward single-payer, I agree, but I wish they would have just gone ahead with it. Make Medicare for All. I would happily pay four times what I pay for Medicare right now. When I first retired, and got insurance on the open market I was paying 9 times what I pay for Medicare. I don't believe everyone should pay the same, but rather base premiums on income level and age. The insurance companies don't have to go out of business, as they would still have the Supplemental and Advantage programs. And for god sake let Medicare bargain for drug prices like the private insurance companies do.
nopervs

Knoxville, TN

#43 Jul 5, 2014
WasteWater wrote:
I think I'll go get a Big Whopper.
It takes two hands to handle my big whopper. But you gaybois are not allowed to touch it. Only women are allowed to touch my whopper!

Location hidden

#44 Jul 5, 2014
nopervs wrote:
<quoted text>
It takes two hands to handle my big whopper. But you gaybois are not allowed to touch it. Only women are allowed to touch my whopper!
Never mind. I'm not a gay boy and I really know how to handle a big whopper.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Ex-Gay" Speaker Invited by HCFA Draws Protest 4 min Prosperity Fundie... 16
News Man charged with threatening Riverview church o... 5 min Ratzo Rizzo Rules 12
The Spectrum Cafe (Dec '07) 14 min Ratzo Rizzo Rules 27,400
News Russians Threatened With Conscription and Gay H... 1 hr Rainbow Kid 1
News Anti-gay 'vote Putin' video goes viral in Russia 2 hr Milton 1
Transgenderism: the next phase of the LGBT agenda 3 hr Milton 6
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 3 hr Rose_NoHo 18,797
News Are Gay Dads 'Treating Women as Mere Breeding M... 6 hr Tre H 37
More from around the web