Nyc Gop Candidate's "Gay-Friendly" At...

Nyc Gop Candidate's "Gay-Friendly" Attack Flier Prompts Giuliani To Endorse Opponent

There are 29 comments on the Queerty story from Sep 13, 2012, titled Nyc Gop Candidate's "Gay-Friendly" Attack Flier Prompts Giuliani To Endorse Opponent. In it, Queerty reports that:

Juan Reyes, a Republican from Queens running for the New York State Senate, sent out a mass mailer attacking his opponent and fellow Republican, City Councilman Eric Ulrich, accusing him of being "gay-friendly" and "not a real conservative." According to the Wall Street Journal , Reyes' campaign claims the flier was meant to bring to light Ulrich's ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Queerty.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Eddie

Arlington, VA

#25 Sep 15, 2012
hi hi wrote:
<quoted text>
It is ultraconservatives who perpetuate that attitude. At the end of a recent "dinner debate" between Dan Savage and Brian Brown, the former was good enough to indicate that his opinion could be swayed by new evidence while the latter -- a virulently, savagely antigay person -- refused to budge.
It's the ultraconservatives, many of them "religious," who categorically won't budge a speck.
And you're correct; I'm not sure it's how you meant it, but I applaud just how correct you are.
For when those ultraconservatives stick to that attitude like obsessives, they create a country (look around you!) where no one will budge anymore and where progressive are as savagely stubborn and now refuse to give an inch, not a millimeter, in discussing these issues.
Stubbornness begets stubbornness, and savagery, and refusal to compromise. Perhaps the ones looking to a book they say cannot be contravened *by one letter of one word* had better goddamn rethink their positions -- because their attitude is working for no one.
Actually Ive heard it from LOTS of people who are nowhere near "ultra conservatives" including many blacks who support Obama. I think you may need to break away from your regular circle of people more often and listen to the views of more average people. I have no use for ultra conservatives. However, the reality is that in MY day to day life I encounter FAR more ULTRA left wingers who exemplify bigotry and intolerance of different views than theirs. And they are even more dangerous because they operate under the banner of being a "liberal" when nothing is further from the truth. They are bigots, tried and true and compromise on NOTHING.
hi hi

Philadelphia, PA

#26 Sep 15, 2012
snyper wrote:
I see by the judge-its someone's given you, "hi hi", that someone thinks that pedophilia shouldn't stop.
Our opposition are a bunch of very twisted psyches.
I laughed out loud and I would high five you. I never pay attention to those little icons but YOU HAVE A POINT.
hi hi

Philadelphia, PA

#27 Sep 15, 2012
rdg1234 wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, all the peer-reviewed studies prove that homosexual males are hundreds of times more likely to prey on male children.
All of science, medicine, sociology and related study *knows* this is a lie, but I can do you one muuuuuch better:

If this is so true,

take it to court.

If this is correct and factual and you have proof,

take it to court.

Take it to court.

Take it to court.

Take it to court.

Take it to court.

Why won't any of the antigay ever *dare* to take this to court?

Because you're lying.

SIMPLEST way of all of proving you wrong.
rdg1234 wrote:
Queers are already perverts and deviants and mental defectives.
Sucks for you that if you took this to court, medical experts would *slam* you and make you look like a would-be rapist on the stand for attempting this. Sucks to be you because the medical profession -- educated, professional, impartial -- disagrees with you.

Seriously. It sucks to be you because you sound like you're trying to convince *yourself* of this, and no one else.

Little tip for ya: Don't try telling this to someone who sees it and concludes that *you* are filthy scum for saying it. That means you lose.
rdg1234 wrote:
Homosexuals have no moral compass
Yet a court of law could *prove* you're lying about them in this post and YOU HAVE a moral compass?

You claim GAYS don't? You're ATTACKING all day and THEY don't have a moral compass?

You behave like rapist, demonic filth on the boards and you try to pretend *they're* the ones without morals.

Hmmmm, why am I not buying this?
rdg1234 wrote:
informing them of what normal everyday straight people know as Right and Wrong.
They're not interested in your opinion, dumbass.

Sucks to be you.
rdg1234 wrote:
The only thing a queer would consider "wrong" is if he got thrown in jail for having sex with toddlers.
You realize that this is libelous, slanderous, and defamatory by definition. Because laws of those sorts *don't cover general groups*, you get away with lying.

I continue to *t-a-u-n-t* you, to *t-a-u-n-t* you to take all of your vitriol to a *COURT OF LAW*, ya bag of infected, hemorrhaging vomit, and *TELL A JUDGE* and see what happens.

D
a
r
e

y
o
u
hi hi

Philadelphia, PA

#28 Sep 15, 2012
snyper wrote:
Again, tell it to your doctor.
I have taunted them for a year now to take this stuff to court. Take it to court. Take the antigay vitriol to a court of law *and see how it plays before a judge*. They won't dare. Why is that? WOW, WONDER WHY.
hi hi

Philadelphia, PA

#29 Sep 15, 2012
Eddie wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually Ive heard it from LOTS of people who are nowhere near "ultra conservatives" including many blacks who support Obama.
Lemme explain a point of psychology to you: You will tend to look for opinions which match yours, recording those as supportive of your point while dismissing those you disagree with.
Eddie wrote:
I think you may need to break away from your regular circle of people more often and listen to the views of more average people.
You're not getting it.

I believe those people are *m-o-r-a-l-l-y* wrong because they are attacking families and small children.

(Also, coming back to make a comment: I trust you less than ever because you seem to be *pegging me* as extremist and you have NO GODDAMN WAY of knowing that. For all you know, I am simply vehement in my opinions -- and nothing more.)
Eddie wrote:
I have no use for ultra conservatives. However, the reality is that in MY day to day life I encounter FAR more ULTRA left wingers who exemplify bigotry and intolerance of different views than theirs.
The reason I have trouble buying this is that I am *w-i-t-n-e-s-s* to conservatives attempting to *FORCE* their way of life into law and ... progressives aren't doing that. They're not *MAKING* anyone else have a gay marriage, they're not *MAKING* anyone else have an abortion.

That old claptrap that insinuates that the very existence of gay marriage *IMPOSES UPON* those who don't like it ... is horse shit. You might wear a shirt in a color I hate; I don't get to tell you to change your shirt, sir.
Eddie wrote:
And they are even more dangerous because they operate under the banner of being a "liberal" when nothing is further from the truth. They are bigots, tried and true and compromise on NOTHING.
You're full of stinking shit. You're a conservative and you hate progressives for their ideals. I can see this now with these last few sentences. What you say *doesn't resemble reality*. You are attempting that old vomit that the *existence* of certain realities somehow compromises "your life." If this is true, then I can tell you what to eat, how to dress, and what to do.

Back off.

Now.
hi hi

Philadelphia, PA

#30 Sep 15, 2012
Eddie, you're a puppet and in the final analysis, your ilk *will* get it when you are attempting to *force* people to do things that will lead to violence -- not speaking of me or my ideals, as I am against violence, but I not the only one in this country and you need. to. stop. telling. others. how. to. live. their. lives. I *promise* you this will not end well. It needs. to. stop.

As much as you *despise* what they stand for, leave them alone and live *YOUR* life as *YOU* see fit. Nothing else is going to work.

I guarantee it.
Eddie

Arlington, VA

#31 Dec 31, 2012
hi hi wrote:
<quoted text>
Lemme explain a point of psychology to you: You will tend to look for opinions which match yours, recording those as supportive of your point while dismissing those you disagree with.
<quoted text>
You're not getting it.
I believe those people are *m-o-r-a-l-l-y* wrong because they are attacking families and small children.
(Also, coming back to make a comment: I trust you less than ever because you seem to be *pegging me* as extremist and you have NO GODDAMN WAY of knowing that. For all you know, I am simply vehement in my opinions -- and nothing more.)
<quoted text>
The reason I have trouble buying this is that I am *w-i-t-n-e-s-s* to conservatives attempting to *FORCE* their way of life into law and ... progressives aren't doing that. They're not *MAKING* anyone else have a gay marriage, they're not *MAKING* anyone else have an abortion.
That old claptrap that insinuates that the very existence of gay marriage *IMPOSES UPON* those who don't like it ... is horse shit. You might wear a shirt in a color I hate; I don't get to tell you to change your shirt, sir.
<quoted text>
You're full of stinking shit. You're a conservative and you hate progressives for their ideals. I can see this now with these last few sentences. What you say *doesn't resemble reality*. You are attempting that old vomit that the *existence* of certain realities somehow compromises "your life." If this is true, then I can tell you what to eat, how to dress, and what to do.
Back off.
Now.
Let's see, you're TELLING me to "back off, now" and yet you're this enlightened tolerant and liberal person? LMAO. Sorry, I'm GAY, I'm not ashamed of it, and I'm so sick and tired of INTOLERANT jerks like you passing yourselves off as liberals. You neither represent me nor know anything about me. And I won't back off.....you control freak. GFY
Eddie

Arlington, VA

#32 Dec 31, 2012
hi hi wrote:
Eddie, you're a puppet and in the final analysis, your ilk *will* get it when you are attempting to *force* people to do things that will lead to violence -- not speaking of me or my ideals, as I am against violence, but I not the only one in this country and you need. to. stop. telling. others. how. to. live. their. lives. I *promise* you this will not end well. It needs. to. stop.
As much as you *despise* what they stand for, leave them alone and live *YOUR* life as *YOU* see fit. Nothing else is going to work.
I guarantee it.
Blo me

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#33 Dec 31, 2012
Eddie wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually Ive heard it from LOTS of people who are nowhere near "ultra conservatives" including many blacks who support Obama. I think you may need to break away from your regular circle of people more often and listen to the views of more average people. I have no use for ultra conservatives. However, the reality is that in MY day to day life I encounter FAR more ULTRA left wingers who exemplify bigotry and intolerance of different views than theirs. And they are even more dangerous because they operate under the banner of being a "liberal" when nothing is further from the truth. They are bigots, tried and true and compromise on NOTHING.
I think that what you have a problem with are "ideologues". I certainly do.

WHat the extreme left and the extreme right have in common is their willingness to sacrifice others to their ideology. Fascinatingly, their methods are essentially the same. Only their rhetoric is different.

That's what we mean by "extremist".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 1 hr Frankie Rizzo 38,523
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 2 hr Frankie Rizzo 14,765
News Actress who played TV psychic, Miss Cleo, dies ... 4 hr Fa-Foxy 2
News FDA Signals Relaxing Gay Blood Donation Policy 4 hr Xstain Mullah Aroma 2
News All gay and bisexual men should get meningitis ... 4 hr Xstain Mullah Aroma 3
News Excited by Trump, gay Republicans struggle with... 4 hr Frankie Rizzo 158
News 7th District: Feminist, gay groups take opposit... 5 hr Xstain Mullah Aroma 1
More from around the web