Nyc Gop Candidate's "Gay-Friendly" At...

Nyc Gop Candidate's "Gay-Friendly" Attack Flier Prompts Giuliani To Endorse Opponent

There are 29 comments on the Queerty story from Sep 13, 2012, titled Nyc Gop Candidate's "Gay-Friendly" Attack Flier Prompts Giuliani To Endorse Opponent. In it, Queerty reports that:

Juan Reyes, a Republican from Queens running for the New York State Senate, sent out a mass mailer attacking his opponent and fellow Republican, City Councilman Eric Ulrich, accusing him of being "gay-friendly" and "not a real conservative." According to the Wall Street Journal , Reyes' campaign claims the flier was meant to bring to light Ulrich's ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Queerty.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Eddie

Arlington, VA

#1 Sep 13, 2012
Rudy has always been supportive of gay people and our right to be left alone as well our rights to enjoy the same legal benefits that hetero men and women couples enjoy through marriage. No, he's publicly stated that he believes marriage, per se, should be defined as between a man and a woman. That said, he's not advocating to deprive us of rights and privileges.
I don't need to have my esteem validated by declaring that if someone doesn't agree with ME it means they are opposed to my civil rights. I also understand that simply being different doesn't mean I am inferior. Indeed, I fully EMBRACE being different as much as I embrace diversity of thought and opinion. The "my way or the highway" attitude works for nobody.
hi hi

Philadelphia, PA

#3 Sep 13, 2012
Eddie wrote:
Rudy has always been supportive of gay people and our right to be left alone as well our rights to enjoy the same legal benefits that hetero men and women couples enjoy through marriage. No, he's publicly stated that he believes marriage, per se, should be defined as between a man and a woman. That said, he's not advocating to deprive us of rights and privileges.
I don't need to have my esteem validated by declaring that if someone doesn't agree with ME it means they are opposed to my civil rights. I also understand that simply being different doesn't mean I am inferior. Indeed, I fully EMBRACE being different as much as I embrace diversity of thought and opinion. The "my way or the highway" attitude works for nobody.
It is ultraconservatives who perpetuate that attitude. At the end of a recent "dinner debate" between Dan Savage and Brian Brown, the former was good enough to indicate that his opinion could be swayed by new evidence while the latter -- a virulently, savagely antigay person -- refused to budge.

It's the ultraconservatives, many of them "religious," who categorically won't budge a speck.

And you're correct; I'm not sure it's how you meant it, but I applaud just how correct you are.

For when those ultraconservatives stick to that attitude like obsessives, they create a country (look around you!) where no one will budge anymore and where progressive are as savagely stubborn and now refuse to give an inch, not a millimeter, in discussing these issues.

Stubbornness begets stubbornness, and savagery, and refusal to compromise. Perhaps the ones looking to a book they say cannot be contravened *by one letter of one word* had better goddamn rethink their positions -- because their attitude is working for no one.
Six Six Six Imperfections

Agawam, MA

#4 Sep 13, 2012
Eddie wrote:
Rudy has always been supportive of gay people and our right to be left alone .
How can you leave someone alone when you sensationalize, invade, or attempt to pervade the minds of others and draw attention to yourselves at every turn?

Maybe if you left schoolchildren alone and the Boy Scouts then maybe you wouldn't have triggered such a backlash from parents that truly care about the future and moral soundness of this nation.

Please do save your projecting and hiding behind other peoples frailties, failures, or unhealthy vices. The homosexual inferior complex disorder does not fly with me.
hi hi

Philadelphia, PA

#5 Sep 13, 2012
Six Six Six Imperfections wrote:
<quoted text>
How can you leave someone alone when you sensationalize, invade, or attempt to pervade the minds of others and draw attention to yourselves at every turn?
That's so funny that you believe "the gays" are mind-controlling the all news sources, including blogs.
Maybe if you left schoolchildren alone and the Boy Scouts then maybe you wouldn't have triggered such a backlash from parents that truly care about the future and moral soundness of this nation.
But you've got it in reverse. Every time you lie about the purpose of gay people's struggle, you only perpetuate the fights. In fact, the current refusal to stand down emanated not from the gay themselves but from the hemorrhaging snot-nosed idiots known as the antigay, who --*JUST* like you -- never stop spreading the lies, and then whining like stuck piglets *because you cannot force gay people and the pro-gay to stop reacting to those lies* and continue to fight them.

The backlash is not from the antigay. The backlash actually began when you royally pissed off the gays themselves. Congratulations on that. They will back down for *nothing* now -- if they are to be believed,*not even for a supreme court decision which is not in their favor*. JUST like the anti-abortion people who have been fighting for *decades*, the pro-gay will fight such a supreme court decision for literal *decades*.

Congrats. This is what *YOU* have wrought.
Please do save your projecting and hiding behind other peoples frailties, failures, or unhealthy vices.
But he's not hiding behind the antigay. Their frailties, failures and vices are their very own; no one wants that vomit. I thought the whole point was that the antigay *cry like infected victims* because they *CAN'T* force others to adopt their ridiculous, demonic "moral code."
The homosexual inferior complex disorder does not fly with me.
If this is true, why's it not listed in the DSM? Oh, that's right, you make up your own psychology and science because you can't force the *REAL* psychology and science to cooperate with your wicked agenda. You pretend these people *who won't back down* are somehow "inferior"; you can't get them to do a damn thing in your favor and they fight you at every turn, yet somehow they're "inferior." This sounds so self-referential *precisely because* you are the one trying to force your leprous snot upon them at every turn.
Indelible Imperfections

Agawam, MA

#6 Sep 13, 2012
Voted down every time and will go down in Maine too.
The regressives playing 3 sides of the fence here and abroad is bringing the country down ladies and gentlemen and finally catching up to them.
Just ask the Rev Bill Owens instead of listening to some radical Ernst Rohm wannabe.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#7 Sep 13, 2012
NYC has come a LONG way with it's Mayors since the days of Lindsay.
Diaper Dan

Agawam, MA

#8 Sep 13, 2012
They sure have snyper. Now they're going after the great cola cartel of 2012.
david traversa

Corrientes, Argentina

#9 Sep 13, 2012
<quoted text>
Please do save your projecting and hiding behind other peoples frailties, failures, or unhealthy vices. The homosexual inferior complex disorder does not fly with me.
It's "homosexual INFERIORITY complex" and we don't have one.. but you should.. And stop spreading calumnies about school children and boy scouts.. As far as sex is concerned they can move to Mars for all we care.
hi hi

Philadelphia, PA

#12 Sep 13, 2012
Indelible Imperfections wrote:
Voted down every time and will go down in Maine too.
Eeeevery murderer gets convicted. Eeeeevery thief gets convicted. Eeeeeevery rapist gets convicted.

Why do you pretend the nation or the antigay have won anything when the *ONLY* way they could achieve these victories

... was by *LYING*?

So you're proud of antigay liars? So if someone assaulted a loved one of yours and *lied about it* and was acquitted, you'd be PROUD of the acquitted person who committed assault?

Fantastic logic, gotta love America. Scumbuckets know no bounds and have *no* moral code, but they're proud of it.
The regressives playing 3 sides of the fence here and abroad is bringing the country down ladies and gentlemen and finally catching up to them.
Yeah, except no one like you can ever *point to fact* which shows this is happening to the country.

Because it's *all in your head*, which is full of ...

... hatred.
Just ask the Rev Bill Owens instead of listening to some radical Ernst Rohm wannabe.
That's weird. I guess if I go to Owens (just googled him; you don't wanna know what came up, just an FYI) and I ask his opinion on anything, he'll act like the typical antigay scumbucket.

Do *YOU* get *YOUR* information from *RABIDLY PRO-GAY* sources?

Hmmmmm?

Tell us.
hi hi

Philadelphia, PA

#13 Sep 13, 2012
Manboy Love wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey pinhead, go to planetvalenti.com and you may find someone you like. A Massachusetts male banker with a flavor for young teen boys convicted but literally got away with it all. Queer corruption lies here brother. Homosexuality IS a mental disorder and now that you freaks have been given EXTRA space you're bound to "screw" up! Just the tip of the iceberg, Dork!
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!
There will come a day
Excellent. Let's use your logic, getting right in your face about it. Want to? Let's go to google and I'm going to *look for something* in google news and I will report back in ... just a moment.

I'M BACK!!!!

I plugged this into google news, O Babyish, Babyish, Babyish One:

"male assaulted young girl"

BOOM!!!!, LOOK WHAT I FOUND!!!!

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story...

By your logic, we need to start rounding up all males.

Because every last living male in the United States of America is a pedophile and a rapist.

Great logic, O Filth.
hi hi

Philadelphia, PA

#14 Sep 13, 2012
david traversa wrote:
<quoted text>It's "homosexual INFERIORITY complex" and we don't have one.. but you should.. And stop spreading calumnies about school children and boy scouts.. As far as sex is concerned they can move to Mars for all we care.
Look online for any web site, news or otherwise, which details any pedophilic assault by a male against a female and you have proof, according to the antigay, that *every male in America is dangerous* and should be jailed because he's a pedophile and a rapist.

Location hidden

#16 Sep 14, 2012
Take your personal issues to a pedophile forum. I'm sure that the FBI would enjoy talking with you there and elsewhere.
Eddie

Arlington, VA

#17 Sep 14, 2012
<quoted text>
Actually Ive heard it from LOTS of people who are nowhere near "ultra conservatives" including many blacks who support Obama. I think you may need to break away from your regular circle of people more often and listen to the views of more average people. I have no use for ultra conservatives. However, the reality is that in MY day to day life I encounter FAR more ULTRA left wingers who exemplify bigotry and intolerance of different views than theirs. And they are even more dangerous because they operate under the banner of being a "liberal" when nothing is further from the truth. They are bigots, tried and true and compromise on NOTHING.
Six Six Six Imperfections

Agawam, MA

#18 Sep 14, 2012
Any human being gay or straight that disregards or alters the natural function of their own body is not a normal human being at all. How our govt privies up to such moral or spiritual defects is unbelievable.

To think that now we place our innocence of youth into such hands is an even worse tradgedy. Normalcy is flying out the window folks.
No wonder America has a serious hardcore substance abuse problem.
hi hi

Philadelphia, PA

#19 Sep 14, 2012
snyper wrote:
Take your personal issues to a pedophile forum. I'm sure that the FBI would enjoy talking with you there and elsewhere.
Precisely. It's *the biggest BS of all* and

m. u. s. t.

stop.

Location hidden

#20 Sep 15, 2012
I see by the judge-its someone's given you, "hi hi", that someone thinks that pedophilia shouldn't stop.

Our opposition are a bunch of very twisted psyches.
rdg1234

Minneapolis, MN

#21 Sep 15, 2012
Despite the caterwauling of queers about their snivel rights, most normal people could agree that homosexuals shouldn't be allowed to pursue pedohomosexual relationships with our kids anymore.
If we could just pry you dirty queers off of humping our kids legs, our families could get away to enjoy a nice quiet peaceful dinner at Chick-fil-A.
rdg1234

Minneapolis, MN

#22 Sep 15, 2012
hi hi wrote:
<quoted text>
Look online for any web site, news or otherwise, which details any pedophilic assault by a male against a female and you have proof, according to the antigay, that *every male in America is dangerous* and should be jailed because he's a pedophile and a rapist.
Actually, all the peer-reviewed studies prove that homosexual males are hundreds of times more likely to prey on male children.
Queers are already perverts and deviants and mental defectives.
Homosexuals have no moral compass informing them of what normal everyday straight people know as Right and Wrong.
The only thing a queer would consider "wrong" is if he got thrown in jail for having sex with toddlers.

Location hidden

#23 Sep 15, 2012
Again, tell it to your doctor.
Eddie

Arlington, VA

#24 Sep 15, 2012
<quoted text>
Huh?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 14 min Roberto 34,487
News North Carolina's rush to bigotry 24 min Time again 2,273
News Bill: Florida churches don't have to do same-se... 26 min barry 29
News City man charged in Stamford hate stabbing 34 min david traversa 1
News 'Atheists, homosexuals and transgender individu... 1 hr Roman Ross 20
News Showdown in Houston over LGBT nondiscrimination... (Oct '15) 1 hr Three Days 415
News Should same-sex marriage become legal? (Sep '11) 1 hr gazirah 15,316
News Young, gay and male: Suicide survey spotlights ... 2 hr Roman Ross 38
Maybe god is gay! (Dec '09) 3 hr June VanDerMark 9,830
More from around the web