Thousands protest gay marriage

Thousands of Christian conservatives spent 12 hours Saturday praying and fasting in front of the state Capitol at a gathering organizers described as spiritual repentance "when there is no hope for a nation." The daylong religious event titled, "TheCall to Conscience," was led by Lou Engle as well as other pastors and speakers to protest gay ... Full Story
Rita

Selkirk, Canada

#1651 Oct 29, 2010
It doesn't ring true. If you are just owning an opinion you would not have to vote against anything.You could remain true to your beliefs and allow others to have their lives.

Whitebread is dull but you are half baked. The yeast infection has invaded your brain. Not as white bread as you thought perhaps.
Granny in the Crosswalk wrote:
<quoted text>I own no one, just my opinion. Even our nasty President and his henchman, hasn't stopped that yet. We voted, they lost, it was overturned, now it waits. White bread is dull. LMAO!!!

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#1652 Oct 29, 2010
Rita wrote:
It doesn't ring true. If you are just owning an opinion you would not have to vote against anything.You could remain true to your beliefs and allow others to have their lives.
Whitebread is dull but you are half baked. The yeast infection has invaded your brain. Not as white bread as you thought perhaps.
<quoted text>
oOOohhhhOOooohHHhhh. Too bad you couldn't have come to the States and stopped these horrible people, the ones praying, the voters that voted! Maybe you could use your influence, your opinion, and make everyone nice? BTW, you do know the outcome is on HOLD? You aren't very bright, are you, Greenie?

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#1653 Oct 29, 2010
Brain_G wrote:
<quoted text>
Our "nasty" president left office on 1-20-09.
Nope, Obaabaa and his imp are still in the hijacked house.

“MARRIAGE EQUALITY is GOOD”

Since: Oct 10

for EVERYONE in our SOCIETY!

#1654 Oct 29, 2010
Granny in the Crosswalk wrote:
<quoted text>Nope, Obaabaa and his imp are still in the hijacked house.
At least Obama was legally elected, and not placed in office by his brother's manipulation of a Florida recount, with the assistance of a conservative Supreme Court!

Not only is Bush's "Electoral College" debacle still suspect, he never even won the popular vote, not that he had to, but it just goes to show we "know" MORE PEOPLE VOTED FOR GORE!
Rita

Brandon, Canada

#1655 Oct 29, 2010
Granny in the Crosswalk wrote:
<quoted text>oOOohhhhOOooohHHhhh. Too bad you couldn't have come to the States and stopped these horrible people, the ones praying, the voters that voted! Maybe you could use your influence, your opinion, and make everyone nice? BTW, you do know the outcome is on HOLD? You aren't very bright, are you, Greenie?
Just a touch limited, my concern is not a specific vote. That will be as it is and I understand that the gay community may have to continue with their efforts ( or not ) and, I imagine they do too. The point is that there still needs to even be a vote about gay marriages. It may offend some people outside of that community but it is not harming them personally and meets a need we normally embrace. Those in opposition could well stand back and say "It is not for me, I won't go to the wedding," and go on to tend their own business. You certainly skim the surface.

The Call to Conscience would be better if people were examining themselves rather than others. I suspect that people who identify themselves as Christians can let God take care of things like that.I suspect that you have been very disappointed on many occasions because people close to you have not been able to meet your, cough cough, standards. Having standards is admirable but it is like anything else. Once it becomes rigid, soured, or tainted, by self importance it is no longer about anything that will serve them or others.
Lon Rocke

Paradise, CA

#1656 Oct 29, 2010
Christians Vs Gays. The crackpot standoff for the Ages.
Lon Rocke

Paradise, CA

#1657 Oct 29, 2010
allie topeka wrote:
<quoted text>
guess what publius2? gay people can and do, get married, in christian churches, all the time. you and your spouse, would not be legally married though, unless you had a state issued marriage license. religion has nothing to do with marriage equality.
Marriage is a Religious bit of foolishness left over from the year 3107 B.C. when Herman Schwartz got irritated because his large breasted always wet significant other was dating around a bit. We both know that the Government only got into it for the usual purpose of revenue collection.

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#1658 Oct 29, 2010
Brain_G wrote:
<quoted text>
At least Obama was legally elected, and not placed in office by his brother's manipulation of a Florida recount, with the assistance of a conservative Supreme Court!
Not only is Bush's "Electoral College" debacle still suspect, he never even won the popular vote, not that he had to, but it just goes to show we "know" MORE PEOPLE VOTED FOR GORE!
LOL. One-term WonderBama. What a mess he's made.

“Down To Earth”

Since: Apr 07

Indianapolis

#1659 Oct 29, 2010
Granny in the Crosswalk wrote:
<quoted text>Any moron can get married...
That much is obvious.

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#1660 Oct 30, 2010
IndyStevie wrote:
<quoted text>
That much is obvious.
Well hope you get to do it, sister! LOL
Samantha Weston

United States

#1661 Jan 9, 2013
These conservative "so called " Christians who publicly espouse such hate & injustice for other will be surprised when they meet their maker to find out that God loves "all " who come to him.He will also give them a lesson in hatred & bigotry. They may burn for awhile.
Lloyd

Oakland, CA

#1662 Jan 9, 2013
Samantha Weston wrote:
These conservative "so called " Christians who publicly espouse such hate & injustice for other will be surprised when they meet their maker to find out that God loves "all " who come to him.He will also give them a lesson in hatred & bigotry. They may burn for awhile.
Unless you repent of your sin of homosexuality and come to Jesus, you will burn in the hottest place in Hell for eternity! It is quite clear in the Holy Bible what God thinks of homosexuals and homosexual acts.

READ YOUR GOD_DAMN BIBLE!

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#1663 Jan 9, 2013
Hawaii's governor wants the gay marriage trade to come here to get married and honeymoon in Waikiki because he's motivated by your money. So pack your KY, buttplugs, and get on the plane. No Worry, Be Happy. We also have hundreds of Shemale prostitutes wandering our streets, if you are into that, and many of the locals are gay too. Our schools even have shemale clubs. So come on over and do whatever you like!

Since: Aug 10

Concord, CA

#1664 Jan 9, 2013
Joe Balls wrote:
Hawaii's governor wants the gay marriage trade to come here to get married and honeymoon in Waikiki because he's motivated by your money. So pack your KY, buttplugs, and get on the plane. No Worry, Be Happy. We also have hundreds of Shemale prostitutes wandering our streets, if you are into that, and many of the locals are gay too. Our schools even have shemale clubs. So come on over and do whatever you like!
I knew there was a good reason I have no inclination to go to Hawaii.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#1665 Jan 9, 2013
Samantha Weston wrote:
These conservative "so called " Christians who publicly espouse such hate & injustice for other will be surprised when they meet their maker to find out that God loves "all " who come to him.He will also give them a lesson in hatred & bigotry. They may burn for awhile.
That would be nice. Roasting hypocrites.
Walt

Winnipeg, Canada

#1666 Jan 10, 2013
Lloyd wrote:
<quoted text>Unless you repent of your sin of homosexuality and come to Jesus, you will burn in the hottest place in Hell for eternity! It is quite clear in the Holy Bible what God thinks of homosexuals and homosexual acts.
READ YOUR GOD_DAMN BIBLE!
Guess that happens to highly placed church leaders who engage in acts of homosexuality too then. I wonder if it was clear what "sins of the father..." meant all that long ago.I think that was clear in the bible.

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#1667 Jan 10, 2013
Walt wrote:
<quoted text>
Guess that happens to highly placed church leaders who engage in acts of homosexuality too then. I wonder if it was clear what "sins of the father..." meant all that long ago.I think that was clear in the bible.
Yep, lots of priests have been caught with their hand down the wrong pants. The thing that pisses me off is they aren't prosecuted because they run to the Pope.
Walt

Winnipeg, Canada

#1668 Jan 14, 2013
Joe Balls wrote:
<quoted text> Yep, lots of priests have been caught with their hand down the wrong pants. The thing that pisses me off is they aren't prosecuted because they run to the Pope.
Yes, and supposedly his boss is God. Makes one question the whole shooting match.
ATTENTION

United States

#1670 Jan 20, 2013
If n e closted gay or bi sexual man or cross dresser from ca is interested in ah 28 y o chicano male msg me at tbagger1984@yahoo.com
Largelanguage

Rhyl, UK

#1671 Jan 29, 2013
Evil 28 year old gay above me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gay-rights group backs use of HIV-prevention pill 25 min NorCal Native 17
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 1 hr NightMare 56,617
Jade 2 hr Frankie Rizzo 18
Anti-gay Tenn. billboard stirs religion debate 2 hr Frankie Rizzo 1,320
Gay marriage: Alaska, Arizona couples win fight 3 hr cpeter1313 22
Democrats praise Republican judge on gay marria... 3 hr cpeter1313 148
Gay Men: Which Diaper Do You Wear? 3 hr Jackson 21
Houston Tells Pastors to Turn Over Sermons or F... 3 hr Phily fagg@ts nex... 181
Supreme Court paves way for gay marriage ina 6 hr Belle Sexton 394
Next gay marriage fight: religious exemptions 6 hr Belle Sexton 542
Is Polygamy the Next Gay Marriage? 7 hr Hammond 2,952

Gay/Lesbian People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE