Michigan State Rep. Tom McMillin Under Fire For Saying Being Gay Is Choice

Oct 8, 2012 Full story: On Top Magazine 18

McMillin, a Republican who represents the people of the 45th District, made his comments during a town hall meeting held in September.

Full Story

“God made in the image of man”

Since: May 07

Sausalito, CA

#1 Oct 8, 2012
It doesn't surprise me at all -- someone who is stupid enough to believe that humans should 'worship' an old man in the sky who orders genocide and demands animal sacrifices would also believe that young people are willing to commit suicide because they regret making the wrong 'lifestyle' choice!

What an idiot.
Dr Rizla-Koenig

Minneapolis, MN

#2 Oct 8, 2012
Not surprising the homosexuals are screaming blasphemy, heresy, and apostasy against their sacred beliefs.
Homosexuals think everyone should be forced by the government to say what queers approve of, nothing more, if at all.

It's right in front of your face every day.
Dr Rizla-Koenig

Minneapolis, MN

#3 Oct 8, 2012
Umninimuzi wrote:
It doesn't surprise me at all -- someone who is stupid enough to believe that humans should 'worship' an old man in the sky who orders genocide and demands animal sacrifices would also believe that young people are willing to commit suicide because they regret making the wrong 'lifestyle' choice!
What an idiot.
How is what that guy believes in any less valid than what you believe?
I don't think you've made a very persuasive case about why I should like queers or give their theories any creedence or serious consideration.

The best rule of thumb that has worked for our family and kids over the years is to keep kids away from the adult non-supervised queers/druggies/drunks.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#4 Oct 8, 2012
http://www.hennepin.us/portal/site/HennepinUS...

Seek help. Don't pretend to be a doctor, Doris, find one who can help you.
Dr Rizla-Koenig

Minneapolis, MN

#5 Oct 8, 2012
Rick in Kansas wrote:
http://www.hennepin.us/portal/ site/HennepinUS/menuitem.b1ab7 5471750e40fa01dfb47ccf06498/?v gnextoid=49e2e5d0820a3210VgnVC M10000049114689RCRD
OK, ma'am.
You keep spamming your ridiculous homosexual propaganda and I'll keep foot-noting and checking papers.
Deal?
Qwerty26

Lewes, DE

#6 Oct 8, 2012
Umninimuzi wrote:
What an idiot.
On the bright side, I read today that the number of protestants in this country has dropped below 50% for the first time in our history! The article attributed the change to the increase of the "nones" - those who do not subscribe to any religious belief structure, which is now at 20%, 5% higher than a few years ago.

And to this elected representative, I for one would sure like to see or hear from any of the illusive "thousands of people that have been in that lifestyle and come out...".

Sausalito, CA

#7 Oct 8, 2012
Dr Rizla-Koenig wrote:
<quoted text>How is what that guy believes in any less valid than what you believe?
I don't think you've made a very persuasive case about why I should like queers or give their theories any creedence or serious consideration.
The best rule of thumb that has worked for our family and kids over the years is to keep kids away from the adult non-supervised queers/druggies/drunks.
I have no interest in persuading you. I don't care what the hell you believe. If you want to be dislike queers, that's your prerogative. If you want to worship an old man in the sky who commands genocide and demands animal sacrifices, what's that to me? Absolutely nothing. Hide from reality if you choose -- until the day when one of your own children or those of your relatives comes out as gay, and then all your ignorant religious theories go out the window.

“Some people are gay - get over”

Since: Apr 08

Reading PA

#8 Oct 9, 2012
Dr Rizla-Koenig wrote:
<quoted text>How is what that guy believes in any less valid than what you believe?
OK let me try to address you and the Mr. McMillin.

I certainly didn't wake up one Tuesday morning (or any other morning), sit at my desk and make a pro and con list and "Decide" to be gay and I don't know a single gay person who did. I also don't believe that any straight person did anything remotely similar - again I certainly don't know any and I'd be willing to bet money that you never made such a conscious choice and that nobody you know made a conscious choice concerning their sexuality.

Nevertheless we gay folks must be persistently subjected to these absurd claims that all gay people made a "choice" to be gay and that, for a reason based ONLY in hatred and fear, that all gays are child molesters.

The facts simply don't support these hateful conclusions.

I don't give a monkey's *ss if you "like queers" or not. What works for my family is to keep kids away from hateful bigots like yourself.
Truth

Minneapolis, MN

#9 Oct 9, 2012
The thing about the right is if it disrupts their own beliefs, they are unwilling to trust any expert (especially when it comes to the environment and sexuality). The common sense and easiest expert to ask if it was a choice is a gay person. Older gay people in particular were highly stigmatized, and some of them faked being straight in a combination of self denial and self protection for a while, but found that there sexuality was part of who they were and eventually decided to tell the truth.

Since: Mar 07

The entire US of A

#10 Oct 9, 2012
Dr Rizla-Koenig wrote:
Since most harm to children comes from their own parents, and those boyfriends/girlfriends their parents choose to bring into their kids's lives, did your children roam the streets like feral dogs to keep them away from harm?

What a sad life for them.

this one

#11 Oct 9, 2012
Dr Rizla-Koenig wrote:
OK, ma'am.
You keep spamming your ridiculous homosexual propaganda and I'll keep foot-noting and checking papers.
Deal?
Doris dear, pretending that you are a doctor is fooling no one but yourself. It's not "homosexual propaganda" that I keep giving you, but a link to free and sliding scale mental health clinics in your area that should be able to help with your all too obvious problems.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Tawas City, Michigan

#12 Oct 9, 2012
For all of Michigan, I would like to apologize for this moron.

He DOES NOT represent they average Michigander; not even the anti-gay ones.

Most people who oppose marriage for same-sex couples do so out of ignorance & "tradition". Like many states with large areas of rural populations, there are many people who still don't know anyone close to them who is openly gay or lesbian. They simply don't understand why we would even want to get married.

That IS slowly changing, just like it is everywhere else in the nation. It's been 8 years since our marriage amendment passed 58-41. If a vote were held today, I seriously doubt it would pass. Unfortunately we've got to flip our House & Senate back to the Dems before another vote could happen.
Brian

Houston, TX

#13 Oct 9, 2012
Rick in Kansas wrote:
http://www.hennepin.us/portal/ site/HennepinUS/menuitem.b1ab7 5471750e40fa01dfb47ccf06498/?v gnextoid=49e2e5d0820a3210VgnVC M10000049114689RCRD
I think the DR stands for Dumb Republican.

Since: May 12

Livonia, MI

#14 Oct 9, 2012
WeTheSheeple wrote:
Most people who oppose marriage for same-sex couples do so out of ignorance & "tradition". Like many states with large areas of rural populations, there are many people who still don't know anyone close to them who is openly gay or lesbian. They simply don't understand why we would even want to get married.
That IS slowly changing, just like it is everywhere else in the nation. It's been 8 years since our marriage amendment passed 58-41. If a vote were held today, I seriously doubt it would pass. Unfortunately we've got to flip our House & Senate back to the Dems before another vote could happen.
Hopefully, we can make some inroads to a more sane and adult House and Senate during this coming election.

this one

#15 Oct 9, 2012
WeTheSheeple wrote:
Don't feel bad, every state, at least somewhere, has some bat shyte crazy elected official that makes you question the wisdom of the notions of the democratic process and universal suffrage. We, the people of Kansas, have elected Sam Brownback, Kris Kobach and Tim Huelskamp, we feel your pain, believe me. I hope his district at least has the excuse that he was running unopposed. We don't.
hi hi

Philadelphia, PA

#16 Oct 9, 2012
*shrug* The antigay are welcome to become sensible (a choice) and stop being blathering, willfully stupid losers (a choice) and to realize that ALL LOGIC points to the fact that gay is not a "choice." This is not a difficult concept, a stretch, or anything other than what makes perfect sense. In fact, they *know* this and they simply keep lying about it, then when they are attacked back, and they feel the attacks are lies, THEY CRY as if the playing field ISN'T being evened. Nothing the antigay do is logical or sensible.

Sausalito, CA

#17 Oct 10, 2012
WeTheSheeple wrote:
Of course the other alternative is for DOMA to go the way of DODT, and then eventually a landmark SCOTUS ruling making it federally unconstitutional to oppose marriage equality -- which now does not seem all that unlikely in the light of recent shifts in the national consciousness. Once that happens all those States that altered their constitutions will be forced to reverse their discrimination ... and then it's all over!

It'll be yet another 'Roe v. Wade' or 'Brown v. the Board of Education', which of course the religionists will fight for years to come. But recent polls show their ranks are dwindling precisely BECAUSE they are so obnoxious that the younger generations steer away from them.
really

Troy, MI

#18 Oct 23, 2012
of course it's a choice

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Allowing Blood Donations From Gay Men Could Hel... 7 min WeTheSheeple 272
Is Polygamy the Next Gay Marriage? 7 min Frankie Rizzo 2,227
Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 8 min The_Box 3,448
Repeal law punishing gay sex with lashes in Ind... 8 min Billy 10
SCOTUS could inject same-sex marriage into races 8 min Walt Kowalski 1
Anti-gay Tenn. billboard stirs religion debate 9 min Wondering 630
State of Alaska defends gay-marriage ban 10 min eJohn 77
Gay marriage cases await early Supreme Court de... 17 min lides 619
US judge upholds state same-sex marriage ban, r... 53 min KiMare 987
Board member opposes teaching definition of gay 55 min TomInElPaso 96

Gay/Lesbian People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE