Divide over religious exemptions on gay marriage

Aug 25, 2013 Full story: The Tribune 33

The battle over gay marriage is heating up in the states, energizing religious groups that oppose same-sex relationships - but also dividing them.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#1 Aug 25, 2013
There doesn't need to be any.

The 1st Amendment of the U.S. Constitution makes such Laws and Clauses unnecessary, and possibly even illegal.
Rainbow to the Angels

Alpharetta, GA

#2 Aug 25, 2013
To be fair; gay people just need to know which church is which using the time-proven flag system

The simple and effective solution is for gay-friendly churches to fly the rainbow flag
Homophobic churches fly the hate flag
http://cdn.iofferphoto.com/img3/item/139/163/...
Geese......its not rocket science; Mary!
Chance

Grove City, PA

#3 Aug 25, 2013
No matter what it is that I am doing, what business I am running, what church I am affiliated with, if gay people insist that I must endorse and support their "marriages," then I am a victim of discrimination and you are taking away my religious freedom. People in this and other countries are losing their freedom of religion, and yes, the burden is ALL on the gays.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#4 Aug 25, 2013
Chance wrote:
No matter what it is that I am doing, what business I am running, what church I am affiliated with, if gay people insist that I must endorse and support their "marriages," then I am a victim of discrimination and you are taking away my religious freedom. People in this and other countries are losing their freedom of religion, and yes, the burden is ALL on the gays.
Another advocate of the very special, God given right to be a right bastard to the gay folk. Your Church and its clergy get that sort of religious freedom, you hangers on, not so much. get used to it, if you are going to operate in the secular public square, you and your version of God, nowhere as special as you imagine yourself to be.
Chance

Grove City, PA

#5 Aug 25, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>Another advocate of the very special, God given right to be a right bastard to the gay folk. Your Church and its clergy get that sort of religious freedom, you hangers on, not so much. get used to it, if you are going to operate in the secular public square, you and your version of God, nowhere as special as you imagine yourself to be.
and yes, the burden is ALL on the gays.

this one

#6 Aug 25, 2013
You gotta blame someone besides yourself, we get that, it's a bad habit among some self-professed Christians like yourself. A complete denial of personal responsibility.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#8 Aug 25, 2013
fr Chance:

>No matter what it is that I am doing, what business I am running, what church I am affiliated with, if gay people insist that I must endorse and support their "marriages," then I am a victim of discrimination and you are taking away my religious freedom. People in this and other countries are losing their freedom of religion, and yes, the burden is ALL on the gays.<

No, it is only insuring that people are not discriminated against. It has NOTHING to do with religious freedom, whatsoever.

“Shoot for the stars”

Since: Dec 10

Planet Earth

#9 Aug 25, 2013
Who would wants to go to those bigoted hate infested churches anyway? There are many other churches, temples, etc...... teaching love for all walks of life and welcoming everybody into their congregation, unlike these nazi churches of hate and discrimination. There are many gay clergy establishing churches, temples, etc.... now.

“Shoot for the stars”

Since: Dec 10

Planet Earth

#11 Aug 26, 2013
The AssTroll Stopper wrote:
<quoted text>
Get lost fagg@t
You get lost, rat!

Location hidden

#12 Aug 26, 2013
Earth Child 1 wrote:
Who would wants to go to those bigoted hate infested churches anyway? There are many other churches, temples, etc...... teaching love for all walks of life and welcoming everybody into their congregation, unlike these nazi churches of hate and discrimination. There are many gay clergy establishing churches, temples, etc.... now.
Totalitarian ... Authoritarian ... Dominionist ... Fascist, even.

Not "nazi".

You make a good point, but trash it with this inaccurate and blatantly false accusation.
Rainbow to the Angels

Alpharetta, GA

#13 Aug 26, 2013
<quoted text>
Roflmao you're one Stupid a:ss Fagg@t. You were obviously born Stupid.
No; sugar
I was born gay and fabulous
Educating homophobic trolls is hard work; but somebody has to do it
So you're getting the World's Most Brilliant Troll Educator free of charge
Me! ;o))

Location hidden

#14 Aug 26, 2013
Earth Child 1 wrote:
<quoted text>You get lost, rat!
We don't reply to him. It merely perpetuates his abusive posts inside our own, remdering deletion of them by the Moderators pointless.
Rainbow to the Angels

Alpharetta, GA

#15 Aug 26, 2013
Chance wrote:
We can not endorse and support your "marriage" any more than you can endorse or support our marriage
So what are you trying to say?
Rainbow to the Angels

Alpharetta, GA

#16 Aug 26, 2013
Chance wrote:
<quoted text>
and yes, the burden is ALL on the gays.
We carry it well
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-54_DrYDb1b4/TjwBKaj...
Chance

Grove City, PA

#17 Aug 26, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
You gotta blame someone besides yourself, we get that, it's a bad habit among some self-professed Christians like yourself. A complete denial of personal responsibility.
Christians who make a stand for what they believe is right are taking complete personal responsibility for themselves, their faith, and society. The ones who roll over and play dead for gays are the cop-outs.
Rainbow to the Angels

Alpharetta, GA

#18 Aug 26, 2013
Earth Child 1 wrote:
You are correct
For thousands of years gays have run their own churches where gay marriage was known as 'Pairing of the Saints'
http://www.democraticunderground.com/10026739...
Nowadays; the Gay Church is the 12th largest Protestant denomination in the world; with churches all across the Americas and in 42 nations around the world
We also run the non-hater (unconditional love) section of the Methodist Church
http://www.rmnetwork.org/
Rainbow to the Angels

Alpharetta, GA

#19 Aug 26, 2013
Chance wrote:
<quoted text>
Christians who make a stand for what they believe is right are taking complete personal responsibility for themselves, their faith, and society. The ones who roll over and play dead for gays are the cop-outs.
Sugar; we need to send an Unconditional Love Team to your church to advise and modernize before it succumbs to theological meltdown
Let us know when you're ready before its too late

this one

#21 Aug 26, 2013
Chance wrote:
They are blaming God because they chose to be bigots. That isn't taking personal responsibility, that's using God as a scapegoat.

Location hidden

#27 Aug 26, 2013
Chance wrote:
<quoted text>
They have no authority and no responsibility for that mental construct called "society" which, in THIS Country at least, composed of individual sovereign Citizens ... most of whom do not want you to be "responsible" for them ... and under our Laws you are prohibited from trying to force yourselves upon them.

Since: Mar 07

The entire US of A

#28 Aug 26, 2013
<quoted text>
AssTroll, you reply to me all the time. You're just the typical lying, child molesting fagg@t.
And yet he isn't any of that, as far as you know. Why is it so important to you that he be those things? Does it make you feel better, somehow?

It doesn't make any sense to the rest of us. It just seems rather sad.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is Vladimir Putin Another Adolf Hitler? 3 min Pro-Ukraine 1,432
Is Polygamy the Next Gay Marriage? 4 min Frankie Rizzo 1,025
US judge upholds state same-sex marriage ban, r... 5 min DaveinMass 814
Gay marriage cases await early Supreme Court de... 11 min Christaliban 451
Web filter lifts block on gay sitesWeb filter l... 17 min Christaliban 42
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 21 min maurizio74 49,849
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 1 hr packo durms 200,972
Anti-gay Tenn. billboard stirs religion debate 2 hr Frankie Rizzo 37
Coach tied to beating of gay couple leaves job 3 hr Currywurst 6
•••

Gay/Lesbian People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••