Pope Francis reaches out to gays, says he won't judge gay priests

There are 20 comments on the Jul 29, 2013, The Washington Post story titled Pope Francis reaches out to gays, says he won't judge gay priests. In it, The Washington Post reports that:

Pope Francis reached out to gays on Monday, saying he wouldn't judge priests for their sexual orientation in a remarkably open and wide-ranging news conference as he returned from his first foreign trip.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Washington Post.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#223 Aug 3, 2013
HEATH - 72 wrote:
Hon, I never said God hates homosexuals.
Please focus.
That is why I said homosexuals or those thing you fantasize those homosexuals doing. You're praying that God hates dear, it really doesn't matter what you're praying that he hate, you are still just praying for hate. Love the sinner, hate the sin is basically God hates f--- from wussies. Since you're fond of Matthew 7, may I suggest a reading of 15-23. Our relationship or lack thereof with God, not your, our nor anybody else's call to make, it's God's. Any claim by you to be speaking on behalf of anything more than your choice of beliefs, beliefs which I find to be morally offensive by the way, dubious at best. You bring us thistles and tell us that God says they are figs. We know the difference.

Since: Jan 10

Royse City

#224 Aug 3, 2013
Sparkle_is_stripper wrote:
maybe you guys should get a new god... you know one not stuck dead on a cross and a;ll
How about a magic Big Bang god?

Royse City

#225 Aug 3, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>That is why I said homosexuals or those thing you fantasize those homosexuals doing. You're praying that God hates dear, it really doesn't matter what you're praying that he hate, you are still just praying for hate. Love the sinner, hate the sin is basically God hates f--- from wussies. Since you're fond of Matthew 7, may I suggest a reading of 15-23. Our relationship or lack thereof with God, not your, our nor anybody else's call to make, it's God's. Any claim by you to be speaking on behalf of anything more than your choice of beliefs, beliefs which I find to be morally offensive by the way, dubious at best. You bring us thistles and tell us that God says they are figs. We know the difference.
Matthew 7

Amen!

“Land of Entrapment”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#226 Aug 3, 2013
maybe you guys should get a new god... you know one not stuck dead on a cross and a;ll
the only god dead on a cross is the Catholic one. Messiah rose from the dead, along with several other righteous souls, as Scripture predicted and fulfilled. He is Alive. He is King of Heaven's Armies. He is EL SHaddai, the Holy One, The First and Last. The Alpha and the Omega. Catholics are pagans, like you dear, and you didn't know this?

You charge money for it, they simply take it from innocents.
Cult of Mary- not the Church of God. The Living, breathing CHurch that worships a Living, Loving, Merciful God.
What part don't you get? You can't differentiate?

“SCOTUS will Rule in June for”

Since: Aug 08

MARRIAGE EQUALITY:-)

#227 Aug 3, 2013
HEATH - 72 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's you're lie, you can tell it however you wish.
:)
Well, see that's just what you believe and I've NOT lied.......your source clearly has opted to post what they believe, NOT what is true or accurate!!!

#228 Aug 3, 2013
HEATH - 72 wrote:
<quoted text>
Please focus.
www.roysecitycoc.org
You are aware that the scriptures you posted are nothing but letters to the Romans written from Paul, right?

Are you also aware that everything that Jesus stood for, Paul countered and disagreed with?

Please show me chapter and verse where this EXACT quote exists in the bible......God said, "HOMOSEXUALITY IS AN ABOMINATION". By the way, exact quote means what is between the "quote marks"......and this quote DOESN'T exist in Leviticus, Romans or 1Corinthians!!!

and if this source link is anything like the last one......I'm not wasting my time to look at biased religious sources!!!

#229 Aug 3, 2013
HEATH - 72 wrote:
<quoted text>
Please focus.
www.roysecitycoc.org
Exactly what I thought......you're an EVANGELISTIC FUNDAMENTALIST who puts the bible first and foremost which means the bible will go to heaven before you!!!

My guess is that you are like MOST Evangelistic Fundamentalist......you want people to live by your bible even when you don't actually live by your bible!!!

this one

#232 Aug 4, 2013
HEATH - 72 wrote:
Matthew 7
Amen!
Not entirely sure if you got the point I was making by suggesting your continued reading or not.

“and how does this effect you?”

Location hidden

#233 Aug 4, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>Not entirely sure if you got the point I was making by suggesting your continued reading or not.
Ironically Matthew 7:1 is where he said not to judge others.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#234 Aug 4, 2013
HEATH - 72 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's you're lie, you can tell it however you wish.
It's "your" (possessive of "you), not "you're" (contraction of "you are").

Lack of precision in such simple matters does not reflect well on the rest of your position, and calls into question the precision of your evaluative capabilities.

Clean up your act.

this one

#235 Aug 4, 2013
Kimberling wrote:
Ironically Matthew 7:1 is where he said not to judge others.
I was pointing out the section on false prophets and how one recognizes them, but that's a good one too.

Royse City

#236 Aug 4, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>You are aware that the scriptures you posted are nothing but letters to the Romans written from Paul, right?

Are you also aware that everything that Jesus stood for, Paul countered and disagreed with?

Please show me chapter and verse where this EXACT quote exists in the bible......God said, "HOMOSEXUALITY IS AN ABOMINATION". By the way, exact quote means what is between the "quote marks"......and this quote DOESN'T exist in Leviticus, Romans or 1Corinthians!!!

and if this source link is anything like the last one......I'm not wasting my time to look at biased religious sources!!!
"Are you also aware that everything that Jesus stood for, Paul countered and disagreed with?"

False

Try again.

“Land of Entrapment”

Location hidden

#237 Aug 4, 2013
<quoted text>Do whaaat??????
Few french fries short of a happy meal. If you can't keep up intellectually, perhaps you should go back to work.

Location hidden

#239 Aug 4, 2013
HEATH - 72 wrote:
<quoted text>
"Are you also aware that everything that Jesus stood for, Paul countered and disagreed with?"
False
Try again.
Actually, "everything" IS overstating it a bit, but generally that is correct.

Saul contradicted the valid accounts quite regularly, and was censured quite forcefully by James, Peter and John the Presbyter.

Royse City

#240 Aug 5, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>It's "your" (possessive of "you), not "you're" (contraction of "you are").

Lack of precision in such simple matters does not reflect well on the rest of your position, and calls into question the precision of your evaluative capabilities.

Clean up your act.
You're right.

Thanks for the correction.

Royse City

#241 Aug 5, 2013
Kimberling wrote:
<quoted text>Ironically Matthew 7:1 is where he said not to judge others.
Amen!

Now read John 7:24 where He teaches to judge with righteous judgement.

By the way, I'm being judged as a bad guy for speaking against homosexuality.

"Consistency, thou art a jewel!"

www.roysecitycoc.org

Royse City

#242 Aug 5, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, "everything" IS overstating it a bit, but generally that is correct.

Saul contradicted the valid accounts quite regularly, and was censured quite forcefully by James, Peter and John the Presbyter.
False

Try again.

Location hidden

#243 Aug 5, 2013
HEATH - 72 wrote:
<quoted text>
False
Try again.
Written like a true adherent of Saulianity.

“and how does this effect you?”

Location hidden

#244 Aug 5, 2013
HEATH - 72 wrote:
<quoted text>Amen!

www.roysecitycoc.org
John 7 is where they are finding fault with him healing people on the sabbath, correct? How about Matthew 7:3 where it talks about removing the beam from your own eye before trying to remove a speck from someone else's. I haven't gotten my own eyes clear enough to see to help someone clean out theirs. A lot of people who speak out against homosexuality are strangely silent when it comes to other sins. I know someone who talks about homosexuals being in sin while they are sitting at home with their second wife. I assume you are speaking out against all sins, not just this one?

Location hidden

#245 Aug 5, 2013
HEATH - 72 wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen!
www.roysecitycoc.org
"John" is not a valid source.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 3 min Reverend Alan 19,631
NE Jade Saturday Thread 4 min Old Born Gay 3
News Bob's Blog: Same-sex marriage, police shootings... 5 min Wall 6
News Judge proposes Oregon bakery pay $135,000 to le... 5 min Fa-Foxy 45
Are the mods fair and balanced? 6 min Reverend Alan 650
News Thousands Of Religious Leaders Urge The Supreme... 9 min Wall 87
News Majority Oppose 'Religious Freedom' Laws That C... 12 min Wall 99
News Pediatrician Won't Treat Baby With Lesbian Moms 1 hr cpeter1313 1,189
News Chief Justice John Roberts faces another big mo... 1 hr Belle Sexton 80
News Why I'll be voting 'No' to same-sex marriage, e... 1 hr Pietro Armando 2,054
More from around the web