Eighty percent of congregation quits ...

Eighty percent of congregation quits after Indiana church forces out gay choir director

There are 2 comments on the The Raw Story story from Jan 13, 2014, titled Eighty percent of congregation quits after Indiana church forces out gay choir director. In it, The Raw Story reports that:

A church in Indiana has seen about 80 percent of its members leave after a gay choral director was forced out over his sexual orientation.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Raw Story.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#1 Jan 13, 2014
Cool story.

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#2 Jan 13, 2014
In the 2 denominations I belong to, ELCA & UCC the congregation and not the pastor, has the sole right to hire and fire the minister of music, choir director, etc.

I don't believe that the pastors or anyone, should be a dictator in a church. Only members of the congregation should have the right to choose who ministers to them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The Escape Every Gay San Franciscan Loves 28 min Xstain Mullah Fra... 1
News Priests and nuns hold bizarre ceremony to 'puri... 32 min Hogan 57
News Moore goes before ethics panel on gay marriage ... 34 min Xstain Mullah Fra... 4
News Lawyers who challenged Kansas gay marriage ban ... 38 min Xstain Mullah Fra... 5
News The Latest: California bars travel to protest a... 41 min Xstain Mullah Fra... 1
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 1 hr Rosa_Winkel 18,525
News 10 Reasons Why You Should Help Fight Biphobia i... 1 hr Xstain Mullah Fra... 64
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 2 hr Andy 40,551
The gay cafe for GLBT, friends and family (Oct '09) 4 hr Frankie Rizzo 68,993
More from around the web