Anti-gay group: We aren't hateful

Anti-gay group: We aren't hateful

There are 2956 comments on the Salon.com story from Nov 25, 2010, titled Anti-gay group: We aren't hateful. In it, Salon.com reports that:

Oh, this is just rich: The Family Research Council is upset that it's been categorized as a "hate group" in The Southern Poverty Law Center's report this week on rabidly anti-gay organizations.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Salon.com.

Speedieg

Atlanta, GA

#25 Nov 25, 2010
McCarthy was right wrote:
It’s typically hypocritical that the pro homosexual organizations and their supporters label others as hate groups while practicing and promoting unrelenting, all-out hatred toward anyone...like the Boy Scouts...who won’t go along with their agenda
Sorry your making up your truths, what is objected to is the use of public tax revenues or property for their benefit. They can exclude anyone as is their right they just should not receive public money to do so nor tax breaks. We pay taxes and at a higher level than straight folks who are married. Public benefits should only be afforded to groups serving the entire public. I myself give to many Christian charities that otherwise discriminate against me because they do exclude GLBT people from the services they offer in their charitable works.
Speedieg

Atlanta, GA

#26 Nov 25, 2010
The other issue that no one has addressed is that contributions to this Hate Group are tax deductible. They lobby politicians, try and change public policy and yet they are allowed to receive tax exempt donations. Similarly the HRC which counters the FRC does not receive tax deductible donations. Hmm!

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Since: Dec 09

Gangland, North America

#27 Nov 25, 2010
It’s typically hypocritical that the pro homosexual organizations and their supporters label others as hate groups while practicing and promoting unrelenting, all-out hatred toward anyone who won’t go along with their agenda…like the Boy Scouts.
What you perceive as promoting unrelenting, all-out hatred toward anyone who won’t go along with their agenda is more accurately described as a defense mechanism.

You homophobes, muslimphobes, and xenophobes are all the same. Hate anything that doesn't align with your medieval out dated concepts.

You can only kick a dog so many times before it becomes rabid and bites back.

Now you pathetic homophobes have a bunch of gays kicking you around and you're crying like the queen diva about it.

What happen? Was it only fun you you played smear the queer? Now that they're smearing you, you cry.

What a hypocrite.

“The Buybull is innerrrent.”

Since: Jun 08

Annapolis, MD

#28 Nov 25, 2010
Ball Ground Citizen wrote:
I dont hate gays, I pray for them. But I will say I'm tired of homosexuality being forced down our throat. If your gay so what? Quit tryin to invade our homes and corrupt our beliefs!
I don't hate sexually disordered homophobes who so tirelessly work to defame and insure lesser rights for glbt.

Oh wait, I do.

If you're str8, so what? Stop trying to make heterosexuality (and the underlying misogyny) compulsory, you "religious" freeek rube-bigot.

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Since: Dec 09

Gangland, North America

#29 Nov 25, 2010
This goes out to all gay people.

I'm not gay but I'm tired of seeing the same people who hate immigrants & minorities also attack gays.

I support your struggle for equality!

It's disgusting that Americans today think that treating gays differently is somehow going to make you all go away.

If a person is gay, then let it be. It's your life not theirs. Enjoy it as you please.

Gay marriage? I vote yes!!
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#30 Nov 25, 2010
P Rock Tologgi wrote:
Hate is impossible because one has to know a homosexual to HATE a homosexual. Most normal people don't know open homosexuals and the few normal people who suspect coworkers, etc. of being homosexuals, simply avoid them.
But why should any normal person not be annoyed by the incessant whining of these silly homosexuals who wish to distort societal mores to their twisted liking, even though voters in state after state have rejected their silliness?
If you don't want to be annoyed
then stop stirring the pot
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#31 Nov 25, 2010
I dont hate gays, I pray for them. But I will say I'm tired of homosexuality being forced down our throat. If your gay so what? Quit tryin to invade our homes and corrupt our beliefs!
Oh; come on now! lol
When is the last time a gay person tried to "corrupt" your prejudices or superstitions?
Do you even KNOW a gay person personally?

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#32 Nov 25, 2010
They aren't the hate group. The gays are the real hate group here
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#33 Nov 25, 2010
Law Dog wrote:
I Don't hate homosexuals, just pity the poor b-------. But, not when we were rounding them up occasionally from public park restrooms playing this "little piggy" in the manure chute while innocent adults and children were unfortunate enough to burst in on their proclivities.
If you would stay home and beat your wife like a normal straight guy does
the goings-on in the park tea room wouldn't ruin your life

Since: Dec 08

Seminole, FL

#34 Nov 25, 2010
Which belief, that Love Thy Neighbor As Thyself one? Seems you're the one corrupting your own beliefs now doesn't it? Or aren't you a Christian? Which is it? Your choice.

Since: Dec 08

Seminole, FL

#35 Nov 25, 2010
Honest AbeL wrote:
And you're here why? Repressed homosexuality? Evidently.
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#36 Nov 25, 2010
It’s typically hypocritical that the pro homosexual organizations and their supporters label others as hate groups while practicing and promoting unrelenting, all-out hatred toward anyone who won’t go along with their agenda…like the Boy Scouts.
The Southern Poverty Law Center is a not a homosexual organization
http://www.splcenter.org/get-informed/hate-ma...
Rico from East Los II

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#37 Nov 25, 2010
Sorry people, I've been lying to myself and everyone else about my own sexuality.

Today I give thanks for you all given me the strength to come out and be the proud gay man I was born to be.
McCarthy was right

United States

#38 Nov 25, 2010
Speedieg wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry your making up your truths, what is objected to is the use of public tax revenues or property for their benefit. They can exclude anyone as is their right they just should not receive public money to do so nor tax breaks.
No, that's the current cover being used by the lying homosexual activist and atheist hate groups as they wage all-out war against the despised Boy Scouts.

Over the years the activist hate groups have teamed up with the anti-American, anti-Constitutional ACLU in the ACLU's aggressive campaign to destroy the BSA. Together,they've launched a series of ineffective but unrelenting ploys designed to force the BSA to subject itself to their demands.

Here's some highlights:

-Those ploys began with a losing attempt to force BSA to accept homosexuals as Leaders (Dale.)

-When the courts affirmed the Constitutional freedom of speech and assembly rights of Scouting, the attackers then moved on to convincing some businesses and charitable organizations to curtail donations to the Scouts.

-When other donors stepped in to pick up the slack, the BSA-haters organized an aggressive attempt to deny the Scouts their right to assemble in schools and other public buildings.

-The US Congress responded by stopping that practice with the "Boy Scouts of America Equal Access Act" and the "Support Our Scouts Act."

-Recently the courts slapped down Philadelphia's anti-Constitutional move to evict the BSA from their building, ordering the city to pay BSA more than a million dollars as reimbursement for their legal fees.

In the face of that coordinated war of hate, the BSA has held it's own and has taken the high road, with never a negative word against the agenda-driven ACLU or the homosexual or atheist activists.
McCarthy was right

United States

#39 Nov 25, 2010
Rico from East Los II wrote:
<quoted text>
What you perceive as promoting unrelenting, all-out hatred toward anyone who won’t go along with their agenda is more accurately described as a defense mechanism.
You homophobes, muslimphobes, and xenophobes are all the same. Hate anything that doesn't align with your medieval out dated concepts.
You can only kick a dog so many times before it becomes rabid and bites back.
Now you pathetic homophobes have a bunch of gays kicking you around and you're crying like the queen diva about it.
What happen? Was it only fun you you played smear the queer? Now that they're smearing you, you cry.
What a hypocrite.
Thank you for proving once again that it's the pro homosexual activists are the ones who are filled with hate.

“I'm not gay, I'm celisexual!”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#40 Nov 25, 2010
Honest AbeL wrote:
Given the hateful things you say all the time what gives you any credibility?
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#41 Nov 25, 2010
Speedieg wrote:
I'm always grateful for the folks who write on these blogs that they don't care what GLBT people do in the bed room just don't shove it in my face. I often wonder what they could be thinking and what motivates them to not care what we do so much that they spend an unusual amount of time on these blogs writing against our issues. I know my motivation I want the same rights as everyone else. To serve in the military if I choose, to be ale to cover my partner with my insurance without having to pay Federal and State tax penalties. I want to leave my assets to my partner should I die without him having to pay tax much higher than a spouse would. I want to not be harassed should I need to visit him in the hospital. Yes this does happen, it has happened to us at a Baptist hospital. He was in an accident and taken to that hospital as it was closest. When I arrived they denied me access until I reached an attorney and had our power of attorney validated by the hospital legal staff. That's why I care and why I will be in everyone's face until I am accorded the rights STRAIGHT people take for granted.
When I run up against the Hospital Nazis; I inform them that I am the ONLY person who will be paying the patient's hospital bill
and if they don't let me in; they won't get a dang dime out of me
works the charm
snark!
McCarthy was right

United States

#42 Nov 25, 2010
Rainbow Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
The Southern Poverty Law Center is a not a homosexual organization
http://www.splcenter.org/get-informed/hate-ma...
Please practice a higher level of reading comprehension before responding.

I said "...pro homosexual organizations and their supporters label others as hate groups while practicing and promoting unrelenting, all-out hatred toward anyone who won’t go along with their agenda…like the Boy Scouts."
Curteese

Cathedral City, CA

#43 Nov 25, 2010
Oh, please, the idea of entering your flea infested white trash cracker home with an electrical spool for coffee table and concrete blocks for shelves is so repugnant to me that it makes me gag. As for your beliefs, go to your store front church and speak in tongues and roll on the floor all day long. It is of no possible interest to me. I would rather go to Sunday brunch, thank you!

And, it is YOU'RE, not YOUR. Why are you pretty ones always so DUMB?
Curteese

Cathedral City, CA

#44 Nov 25, 2010
<quoted text>
No, that's the current cover being used by the lying homosexual activist and atheist hate groups as they wage all-out war against the despised Boy Scouts.
Over the years the activist hate groups have teamed up with the anti-American, anti-Constitutional ACLU in the ACLU's aggressive campaign to destroy the BSA. Together,they've launched a series of ineffective but unrelenting ploys designed to force the BSA to subject itself to their demands.
Here's some highlights:
-Those ploys began with a losing attempt to force BSA to accept homosexuals as Leaders (Dale.)
-When the courts affirmed the Constitutional freedom of speech and assembly rights of Scouting, the attackers then moved on to convincing some businesses and charitable organizations to curtail donations to the Scouts.
-When other donors stepped in to pick up the slack, the BSA-haters organized an aggressive attempt to deny the Scouts their right to assemble in schools and other public buildings.
-The US Congress responded by stopping that practice with the "Boy Scouts of America Equal Access Act" and the "Support Our Scouts Act."
-Recently the courts slapped down Philadelphia's anti-Constitutional move to evict the BSA from their building, ordering the city to pay BSA more than a million dollars as reimbursement for their legal fees.
In the face of that coordinated war of hate, the BSA has held it's own and has taken the high road, with never a negative word against the agenda-driven ACLU or the homosexual or atheist activists.
McCarthy was GAY, tool. Your idol was a closet gay man. Read up on it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News GOP day one in Cleveland: No unisex bathrooms 5 min WasteWater 105
News N.C. Hit With Lawsuit Over Anti-LGBT Law 11 min Dude 23
Is Fa-Foxy a Catholic? 15 min Fa-Foxy 433
News How Democratic VP Candidate Tim Kaine Evolved o... 50 min YourEx 15
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 56 min Terra Firma 14,982
Afternoon Delight Cafe 1 hr Darcy 5
News Time to honour those who fought for gay New Zea... 1 hr Fa-Foxy 2
The gay cafe for GLBT, friends and family (Oct '09) 1 hr Gator 68,801
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 3 hr Frankie Rizzo 38,643
More from around the web