Anti-gay group: We aren't hateful

Nov 25, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Salon.com

Oh, this is just rich: The Family Research Council is upset that it's been categorized as a "hate group" in The Southern Poverty Law Center's report this week on rabidly anti-gay organizations.

Comments
1 - 20 of 2,957 Comments Last updated Jan 9, 2011
First Prev
of 148
Next Last
Mona Lott

Jackson, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2010

Judged:

Hmm, sure looks like hate and acts like hate. As the saying goes, don't blame the mirror if the reflection is ugly.
Green Fairy

Aliso Viejo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2010

Judged:

Walks like a suck, Talks like a duck, It's Duck.
Why can't these people just say that they hate gays and they're proud of it.

“RAINBOW POWER!”

Since: Oct 08

I Am What I Am.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2010

Judged:

"We don't hate gays, we just want to oppress them and stone them to death. Why can't they just accept that without getting all mean n' nasty about it?"

“Love thy neighbor!”

Since: Dec 06

Westland , MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2010

Judged:

P Rock Tologgi wrote:
Hate is impossible because one has to know a homosexual to HATE a homosexual. Most normal people don't know open homosexuals and the few normal people who suspect coworkers, etc. of being homosexuals, simply avoid them.
But why should any normal person not be annoyed by the incessant whining of these silly homosexuals who wish to distort societal mores to their twisted liking, even though voters in state after state have rejected their silliness?
Prejudicial hate is possible. They hate anyone considered homosexual, no matter what. I only have a few gay friends and my fellow workers include just a few,and my family is straight. I couldn't ask for closer friends, a more loving family, or nicer co-workers. Where have you been hiding??

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2010

Judged:

I'm not a thief! I smile when I take your stuff, and lecture you on the virtues of holy poverty.
Ball Ground Citizen

Chatsworth, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2010

Judged:

I dont hate gays, I pray for them. But I will say I'm tired of homosexuality being forced down our throat. If your gay so what? Quit tryin to invade our homes and corrupt our beliefs!
Rico from East Los II

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2010

Judged:

When is the world going to learn to embrace our loving way of life.
Law Dog

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2010

Judged:

I Don't hate homosexuals, just pity the poor b-------. But, not when we were rounding them up occasionally from public park restrooms playing this "little piggy" in the manure chute while innocent adults and children were unfortunate enough to burst in on their proclivities.

Leftatalbuquerqu e

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2010

Judged:

Ball Ground Citizen wrote:
I dont hate gays, I pray for them. But I will say I'm tired of homosexuality being forced down our throat. If your gay so what? Quit tryin to invade our homes and corrupt our beliefs!
But your "beliefs" are so easily corruptable... because you go against them yourselves all the time! We are just calling you on it!

And dismissing your stupidity.

“Ask God for his ID card.”

Since: Sep 10

Secular Reality

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2010

Judged:

Translation:
"We hate gays but don't want a hate status label as it will ruin the subtlety of our organization's goals, which helps to influence people to believe our lies."

Happy Thanksgiving. ☺
Sayonara boo boo

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2010

Judged:

Green Fairy wrote:
Walks like a suck, Talks like a duck, It's Duck.
Why can't these people just say that they hate gays and they're proud of it.
Well, maybe some folks take Ps. 97:10 serious...
serfs up

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2010

Judged:

Another angle...Are there bitter, closeted homosexuals in power at a high percentage who help to destroy cultures or start wars from time to time?

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2010

Judged:

This says it well enough ...

&fe ature=related

“Love thy neighbor!”

Since: Dec 06

Westland , MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2010

Judged:

Pies are baked, turkey is in the oven (mmmmmmm), the yeast rolls are rising...today's homosexual agenda.

“Equality marches on! ”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2010

Judged:

Gay Mom wrote:
Pies are baked, turkey is in the oven (mmmmmmm), the yeast rolls are rising...today's homosexual agenda.
I know I'm going to get my complimentary toaster oven taken away, but I'm actually going to watch some football and drink some beer...maybe even nap! I'm on the "straight down-low". I slip up every now and again!!

“What Goes Around, Comes Around”

Since: Mar 07

Kansas City, MO.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2010

Hmmm. Well the shoe does fit!
McCarthy was right

Benet Lake, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2010

Judged:

Itís typically hypocritical that the pro homosexual organizations and their supporters label others as hate groups while practicing and promoting unrelenting, all-out hatred toward anyone who wonít go along with their agendaÖlike the Boy Scouts.

“TMA&CRR One Love One Marriage ”

Since: Sep 09

port orange

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2010

Judged:

As the saying goes, don't blame the mirror if the reflection is ugly.
nuff said haha
McCarthy was right

Benet Lake, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2010

Judged:

Itís typically hypocritical that the pro homosexual organizations and their supporters label others as hate groups while practicing and promoting unrelenting, all-out hatred toward anyone...like the Boy Scouts...who wonít go along with their agenda
Speedieg

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2010

Judged:

I'm always grateful for the folks who write on these blogs that they don't care what GLBT people do in the bed room just don't shove it in my face. I often wonder what they could be thinking and what motivates them to not care what we do so much that they spend an unusual amount of time on these blogs writing against our issues. I know my motivation I want the same rights as everyone else. To serve in the military if I choose, to be ale to cover my partner with my insurance without having to pay Federal and State tax penalties. I want to leave my assets to my partner should I die without him having to pay tax much higher than a spouse would. I want to not be harassed should I need to visit him in the hospital. Yes this does happen, it has happened to us at a Baptist hospital. He was in an accident and taken to that hospital as it was closest. When I arrived they denied me access until I reached an attorney and had our power of attorney validated by the hospital legal staff. That's why I care and why I will be in everyone's face until I am accorded the rights STRAIGHT people take for granted.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 148
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••